• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's fair is fair.... just as much smoke on Obama/Clinton/Lynch as there is on Trump - Russia. Both should be equally scrutinized. Maybe we'll get an independent council that hires a bunch of lawyers that gave thousands to Republican campaigns. I'm sure that will rile up the left.
Is this a joke?

I didn't like Trump's speech to the boy scouts. That doesn't sit well with me.

I also don't like the **** that is going down with Sessions. From my understanding the law states he HAD to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. As I've stated time and again in my defense of Trump I am going to side with the Constitution and the law. Period. Now I understand that even having recused himself, Sessions should have discussed with his assistant Attorney General before instituting the special investigator. quarter century.

I learned that Sessions did not have to recuse himself. The law states that you must recuse yourself from a criminal investigation, but not from a counterintelligence probe...which is exactly what this is.
There is no crime here. No one has yet said what the crime is.

I learned that Sessions did not have to recuse himself. The law states that you must recuse yourself from a criminal investigation, but not from a counterintelligence probe...which is exactly what this is.
There is no crime here. No one has yet said what the crime is.
Sessions is a *****.

Breaking! (if it hadn't already posted here)

That fake dossier that supposedly contained dirt on Trump...it was the work of democrats and the Russians.
https://gop.com/fusion-gps-ties-to-russia-exposed/

•Fusion GPS is the firm that hired ex-British spy Christopher Steele to put together a phony dossier during the 2016 campaign on supposed Trump ties to Russia.

•The dossier, full of Russian sourced information, was shopped to dozens of U.S. journalists during and immediately after the 2016 campaign, and eventually reported on despite obvious red flags to its accuracy.

•The dossier’s claims made it into the hands of U.S. intelligence officials, and were included in a top secret intelligence briefing for President Obama.

•The dossier's claims of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia helped spark the FBI investigation now supervised by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

•We now know the dossier is full of bogus, false information. Christopher Steele even admitted in a lawsuit recently that most of his work in the dossier was never fully verified.

•Fusion GPS is deeply connected to Democrat politics. The co-founder of Fusion GPS is reportedly a Hillary Clinton donor. Fusion GPS allegedly was retained by Planned Parenthood, and did work for Democrats to investigate Mitt Romney in 2012.

•Fusion GPS has deep ties to Russia.

•According to the testimony of William Browder this morning, along with other reporting, Fusion GPS was hired by Russians to defend Russian government connected officials from allegations of fraud.

•Fusion GPS was also employed by Russians to fight against the Magnitsky Act and has worked on issues with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya.

•Browder spoke this morning about Fusion GPS’ tactics to work over reporters, and its efforts to run smear campaigns on behalf of their clients.

•It is troubling to hear about allegations that a Russian-backed opposition research firm, with a history of smearing individuals and pitching fake information to reporters, was then hired by opponents of President Trump and the information that was compiled was taken seriously by the highest levels of our intelligence community along with our media.

Last edited:
Breaking! (if it hadn't already posted here)

That fake dossier that supposedly contained dirt on Trump...it was the work of democrats and the Russians.
https://gop.com/fusion-gps-ties-to-russia-exposed/

•Fusion GPS is the firm that hired ex-British spy Christopher Steele to put together a phony dossier during the 2016 campaign on supposed Trump ties to Russia.

•The dossier, full of Russian sourced information, was shopped to dozens of U.S. journalists during and immediately after the 2016 campaign, and eventually reported on despite obvious red flags to its accuracy.

•The dossier’s claims made it into the hands of U.S. intelligence officials, and were included in a top secret intelligence briefing for President Obama.

•The dossier's claims of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia helped spark the FBI investigation now supervised by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

•We now know the dossier is full of bogus, false information. Christopher Steele even admitted in a lawsuit recently that most of his work in the dossier was never fully verified.

•Fusion GPS is deeply connected to Democrat politics. The co-founder of Fusion GPS is reportedly a Hillary Clinton donor. Fusion GPS allegedly was retained by Planned Parenthood, and did work for Democrats to investigate Mitt Romney in 2012.

•Fusion GPS has deep ties to Russia.

•According to the testimony of William Browder this morning, along with other reporting, Fusion GPS was hired by Russians to defend Russian government connected officials from allegations of fraud.

•Fusion GPS was also employed by Russians to fight against the Magnitsky Act and has worked on issues with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya.

•Browder spoke this morning about Fusion GPS’ tactics to work over reporters, and its efforts to run smear campaigns on behalf of their clients.

•It is troubling to hear about allegations that a Russian-backed opposition research firm, with a history of smearing individuals and pitching fake information to reporters, was then hired by opponents of President Trump and the information that was compiled was taken seriously by the highest levels of our intelligence community along with our media.

As this gets uncovered I can just hear the media and dems...."nothing to see here, no collusion, everyone go home, waste of time, we should be discussing real issues"...and the granddaddy of them all..."at this point what difference does it make".

Further to Stewey's original post, a BEAUTIFUL write up in the WSJ by Kimberly Strassel.

This is deep, dark, and very sinister. It's this type of ****, when I read it, that reminds me why Washington needs to be obliterated. And why the Left is a dangerous institution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who Paid for the ‘Trump Dossier’?

Democrats don’t want you to find out—and that ought to be a scandal of its own.

It has been 10 days since Democrats received the glorious news that Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley would require Donald Trump Jr. and Paul Manafort to explain their meeting with Russian operators at Trump Tower last year. The left was salivating at the prospect of watching two Trump insiders being grilled about Russian “collusion” under the klieg lights.

Yet Democrats now have meekly and noiselessly retreated, agreeing to let both men speak to the committee in private. Why would they so suddenly be willing to let go of this moment of political opportunity?

Fusion GPS. That’s the oppo-research outfit behind the infamous and discredited “Trump dossier,” ginned up by a former British spook. Fusion co-founder Glenn Simpson also was supposed to testify at the Grassley hearing, where he might have been asked in public to reveal who hired him to put together the hit job on Mr. Trump, which was based largely on anonymous Russian sources. Turns out Democrats are willing to give up just about anything—including their Manafort moment—to protect Mr. Simpson from having to answer that question.

What if, all this time, Washington and the media have had the Russia collusion story backward? What if it wasn’t the Trump campaign playing footsie with the Vladimir Putin regime, but Democrats? The more we learn about Fusion, the more this seems a possibility.

We know Fusion is a for-hire political outfit, paid to dig up dirt on targets. This column first outed Fusion in 2012, detailing its efforts to tar a Mitt Romney donor. At the time Fusion insisted that the donor was “a legitimate subject of public records research.”

Mr. Grassley’s call for testimony has uncovered more such stories. Thor Halvorssen, a prominent human-rights activist, has submitted sworn testimony outlining a Fusion attempt to undercut his investigation of Venezuelan corruption. Mr. Halvorssen claims Fusion “devised smear campaigns, prepared dossiers containing false information,” and “carefully placed slanderous news items” to malign him and his activity.

William Browder, a banker who has worked to expose Mr. Putin’s crimes, testified to the Grassley committee on Thursday that he was the target of a similar campaign, saying that Fusion “spread false information” about him and his efforts. Fusion has admitted it was hired by a law firm representing a Russian company called Prevezon.

Prevezon employed one of the Russian operators who were at Trump Tower last year. The other Russian who attended that meeting, Rinat Akhmetshin, is a former Soviet counterintelligence officer. He has acknowledged in court documents that he makes his career out of opposition research, the same work Fusion does. And that he’s often hired by Kremlin-connected Russians to smear opponents.

We know that at the exact time Fusion was working with the Russians, the firm had also hired a former British spy, Christopher Steele, to dig up dirt on Mr. Trump. Mr. Steele compiled his material, according to his memos, based on allegations from unnamed Kremlin insiders and other Russians. Many of the claims sound eerily similar to the sort of “oppo” Mr. Akhmetshin peddled.

We know that Mr. Simpson is tight with Democrats. His current attorney, Joshua Levy, used to work in Congress as counsel to no less than Chuck Schumer. We know from a Grassley letter that Fusion has in the past sheltered its clients’ true identities by filtering money through law firms or shell companies (Bean LLC and Kernel LLC).

Word is Mr. Simpson has made clear he will appear for a voluntary committee interview only if he is not specifically asked who hired him to dig dirt on Mr. Trump. Democrats are going to the mat for him over that demand. Those on the Judiciary Committee pointedly did not sign letters in which Mr. Grassley demanded that Fusion reveal who hired it.

Here’s a thought: What if it was the Democratic National Committee or Hillary Clinton’s campaign? What if that money flowed from a political entity on the left, to a private law firm, to Fusion, to a British spook, and then to Russian sources? Moreover, what if those Kremlin-tied sources already knew about this dirt-digging, tipped off by Mr. Akhmetshin? What if they specifically made up claims to dupe Mr. Steele, to trick him into writing this dossier?

Fusion GPS, in an email, said that it “did not spread false information about William Browder.” The firm said it is cooperating with Congress and that “the president and his allies are desperately trying to smear Fusion GPS because it investigated Donald Trump’s ties to Russia.”

If the Russian intention was to sow chaos in the American political system, few things could have been more effective than that dossier, which ramped up an FBI investigation and sparked congressional probes and a special counsel, deeply wounding the president. This is all to Mr. Putin’s benefit, and the question is whether Russia engineered it.

If Special Counsel Robert Mueller, Democrats and the media really want answers about Russian meddling, this is a far deeper well than the so-far scant case against Mr. Trump. If they refuse to dive into the story, we’ll know that the truth about Russia and the election was never what they were after.

I didn't like Trump's speech to the boy scouts. That doesn't sit well with me.

I also don't like the **** that is going down with Sessions. From my understanding the law states he HAD to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. As I've stated time and again in my defense of Trump I am going to side with the Constitution and the law. Period. Now I understand that even having recused himself, Sessions should have discussed with his assistant Attorney General before instituting the special investigator. And I've said many times I'm not in favor of that decision. I think it is clearly going to open up a can of **** on everything Donald Trump, Inc. going back decades and will end up not having anything to do with Russian interference into our election (whatever the **** that means).

As far as all the complaints now from liberals about "dealing with Russian Oligarchs", let's get one thing clear about what Russia is today. It is ALL Oligarchs and Mobsters. There is nothing else. Since the fall of Communism and the breakup of the USSR, that's all that is there. You can't even talk to ANYONE with influence in Russia that isn't an Oligarch and isn't running his business like old-school mobsters including kickbacks and quid-pro-quo agreements under the table going all the way up to Putin himself as the head mafioso.

So I have a hard time listening to complaints from liberals about this issue because what they are implying is (I guess) Trump, Inc. which is involved in world wide property, endorsement, investment and branding deals should have just IGNORED the 10th largest economy in the world. Even though (I guess) he was allowed to have dealing with China or Indonesia or Pakistan or Turkey or Saudi Arabia or anywhere else in the world. Is that correct because anyone here that is complaining about it needs to explain to me what the problem is.

We elected a billionaire businessman. Of course there will be complicated financial ties to who knows what financial groups and other billionaires from around the globe. Can't we argue that his voters (and the American public in general) AGREED that in this case, for this candidate, this was acceptable.

I mean, when you look at it, what the Washington inside-elite are trying to push on the American people with their anti-Trump propaganda machine is that no one OTHER THAN a professional politician is suitable to SERVE our country as President or Congressman. That the restrictions now include business dealings with any foreign businessman (or woman) in more scrupulous countries. Is that now the barometer and litmus test we want to apply? Because that's what I am seeing from our media/propaganda machine. That we should have just trusted the insiders to continue to run the show. Look how corrupt and incompetent an outsider is. He is unqualified. And instead of helping him with party unity, support to get laws passed (for him to sign) and space to grow/educated himself on the job, they have incessantly attacked him and torn him down to where all of government is getting nothing done (in an off-election year by the way).

That's what I see.

Trumps not doing the best job but I still am going to support him vs. the Washington elite right now that is/has been running the **** show for the last quarter century.
When you really think about it, 40 minutes of Trump is nothing compared to the 4 years of brainwashing these scouts will be subjected to when they go through college.

That's something that really doesn't sit well with me!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Steeler Nation mobile app

Long article, well worth the read to anyone still interested in getting to the truth of the matter.

Bill Browder’s Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing Could Explain Anthony Scaramucci’s Bizarre Behaviour

Whilst barely any type of behaviour from the Trump administration surprises anymore, it’s worth asking if The Mooch’s outbursts were spontaneous or designed to distract from something else.

On Wednesday 26th July, financier Bill Browder was due to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

In pre-prepared remarks published by The Atlantic, he said: “I hope that my story will help you understand the methods of Russian operatives in Washington and how they use US enablers to achieve major foreign policy goals without disclosing those interests.”

On the same day Browder was due to testify, President Trump announced, seemingly out of nowhere, that transgender people will not be allowed to serve in “any capacity” in the US military.

Browder’s testimony was then postponed to the next day - the same day The Mooch made headlines when his expletive-ridden tirade was published.

Browder’s testimony, which received relatively little coverage, is extraordinary with a senator calling it one of the Senate Judiciary Committee’s “most important” hearings.

In it he describes a Russian system of government that operates in the shadows using corruption, blackmail, torture and murder - all led by Vladimir Putin.

Browder said: “Effectively the moment that you enter into their world, you become theirs.”

Browder was a very successful businessman operating in Russia and was on friendly terms with Putin but this all changed when he and his lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky, uncovered evidence of a huge $230 million corruption scandal.

The pair reported it to the Russian authorities: “And we waited for the good guys to get the bad guys.

“It turned out that in Putin’s Russia, there are no good guys.”

Instead of investigating the allegations Browder was himself accused of tax evasion and was barred from reentering Russia after travelling abroad on business.

Magnitsky was jailed and is believed to have been beaten to death in 2009.

Browder said: “Sergei Magnitsky was murdered as my proxy. If Sergei had not been my lawyer, he would still be alive today.”

During the Senate Judiciary Committee, Browder was asked by Senator Lindsey Graham’s on the apparent contradiction of Russia allegedly having ties to the unverified dossier on Trump while also rooting for him to win the presidency.

Browder replied: “What you need to understand about the Russians is there is no ideology at all.

“Vladimir Putin is in the business of trying to create chaos everywhere.”

Senator Richard Blumenthal asked: “They’ve got you both ways: with the carrot of continued bribery, and the stick of exposure and blackmail if you defect?”

Browder replied: “That is how every single one of their relationships work. That’s how they grab people and keep them.

“And once you get stuck in with them, you can never leave.”

Full article here, including Browder's full written statement > http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...committee-hearing_uk_597ee55ce4b02a4ebb7675a6

Last edited:
House Judiciary Committee Votes to investigate Clinton, Comey and Lynch

At long last there is a chance that some kind of investigation will be held into the crimes committed by high level Democrats not just in the run up to the election, but also spreading further back to the “Russian Uranium” scandal.

Judiciary Committee Republicans voted 16 to 13 to start gathering documents with a view to assigning a second Special Counsel. The focus of the investigation is to be Hillary Clinton, Loretta Lynch and James Comey, and there are a lot of questions that need answering. As Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.), said “We have a lot more than a blue dress now.”

The Democrats seemed shocked to realize that they had just played into the Republican’s hands and ended up in a Committee that they hadn’t planned on

Why did AG Loretta Lynch meet with Bill Clinton (the “tarmac meeting”) for a private talk when she was supposed to be investigating his wife, Hillary? This is a huge breach of protocol that would have any lawyer disbarred.

Why did AG Loretta Lynch tell former FBI Director James Comey to only ever refer to the investigation into Hillary Clinton as a “Matter?”

Why did Special Counsel Robert Mueller (at the time FBI Director in 2009) personally transport and hand over 10 grams of Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) to the Russian government?

Was it legal for FBI Director James Comey to purchase shares in Uranium stocks based on his relationship with Hillary Clinton and Robert Mueller?

What is the connection between GPS Fusion, the Russians and the DNC? And what arrangements were made regarding Candidate Trump?

http://investmentwatchblog.com/its-...votes-to-investigate-clinton-comey-and-lynch/

Tibs:

Some key points regarding the Browder statement:

Chairman Grassley, Ranking Member Feinstein, and members of the committee, thank you for giving me the opportunity to testify today on the Russian government’s attempts to repeal the Magnitsky Act in Washington in 2016, and the enablers who conducted this campaign in violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act, by not disclosing their roles as agents for foreign interests.

Veselnitskaya, through Baker Hostetler, hired Glenn Simpson of the firm Fusion GPS to conduct a smear campaign against me and Sergei Magnitsky
in advance of congressional hearings on the Global Magnitsky Act. He contacted a number of major newspapers and other publications to spread false information that Sergei Magnitsky was not murdered, was not a whistle-blower, and was instead a criminal. They also spread false information that my presentations to lawmakers around the world were untrue. As part of Veselnitskaya’s lobbying, a former Wall Street Journal reporter, Chris Cooper of the Potomac Group, was hired to organize the Washington, D.C.-based premiere of a fake documentary about Sergei Magnitsky and myself. This was one the best examples of Putin’s propaganda. They hired Howard Schweitzer of Cozzen O’Connor Public Strategies and former Congressman Ronald Dellums [Democrat from Northern California] to lobby members of Congress on Capitol Hill to repeal the Magnitsky Act and to remove Sergei’s name from the Global Magnitsky bill. On June 13, 2016, they funded a major event at the Newseum to show their fake documentary, inviting representatives of Congress and the [Obama] State Department to attend. While they were conducting these operations in Washington, D.C., at no time did they indicate that they were acting on behalf of Russian government interests, nor did they file disclosures under the Foreign Agent Registration Act. [So when will Adam Schiff and Tim Kaine are talking about treason, when exactly will they name members of Congress and the Obama adminstration who should also be indicted and imprisoned? Asking for a friend].

United States law is very explicit that those acting on behalf of foreign governments and their interests must register under FARA so that there is transparency about their interests and their motives. Since none of these people registered, my firm wrote to the Department of Justice in July 2016 [July ... as in, AFTER THE OH-SO-******* IMPORTANT JUNE MEETING WITH TRUMP, JR. RIGHT???? AMIRITE?!?!?!] and presented the facts. I hope that my story will help you understand the methods of Russian operatives in Washington and how they use U.S. enablers to achieve major foreign policy goals without disclosing those interests. I also hope that this story and others like it may lead to a change in the FARA enforcement regime in the future. Thank you.

Some key follow-up points. As others have pointed out, the Russian fake news in the middle of 2016 was a hit piece on Trump, developed by a professional smear company operating under the name "Fusion GPS." That entity "investigated" Romney in 2012, created the well-known and debunked "Trump dossier," and employed a former Schumer employee:

Browder met with senators Ben Cardin and John McCain, who introduced legislation to freeze assets and ban visas for those who killed Magnitsky or committed other serious human rights abuses. It passed both houses and was signed into law, even though Secretary of State Hillary Clinton opposed it. Her campaign worked to kill stories tying her opposition to her husband receiving half a million dollars to speak in Russia at the same time.

Putin retaliated by banning the adoption of Russian orphans by American families. Russia also tried to repeal the legislation. “One of the most shocking attempts took place in the spring and summer of last year when a group of Russians went on a lobbying campaign in Washington to try to repeal the Magnitsky Act by changing the narrative of what had happened to Sergei. According to them, Sergei wasn’t murdered and he wasn’t a whistle-blower, and the Magnitsky Act was based on a false set of facts,” Browder said. He named people who were behind this effort, including Natalia Veselnitskya — the lawyer who met with Trump campaign officials at Trump Tower — and lobbyists, public relations executives and investigators.

Here’s where Fusion GPS comes in. “Veselnitskaya, through Baker Hostetler, hired Glenn Simpson of the firm Fusion GPS to conduct a smear campaign against me and Sergei Magnitsky in advance of congressional hearings on the Global Magnitsky Act. He contacted a number of major newspapers and other publications to spread false information that Sergei Magnitsky was not murdered, was not a whistle-blower, and was instead a criminal. They also spread false information that my presentations to lawmakers around the world were untrue,” Browder said.

At no time did Fusion GPS or other operatives indicate that they were acting on behalf of Russian government interests or report it to the government by filing disclosures under the Foreign Agent Registration Act, Browder said. “United States law is very explicit that those acting on behalf of foreign governments and their interests must register under FARA so that there is transparency about their interests and their motives,” he said.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/26/senate-testimony-fusion-gps-helped-corrupt-russians-venezuelans/

Who and what is Fusion?

Kim Strassel put it in her Wall Street Journal Potomac Watch column yesterday. For whom was GPS Fusion working in the matter of the Trump Dossier? GPS Fusion isn’t saying. Strassel connects a few dots and offers a hypothesis or two:

We know that at the exact time Fusion was working with the Russians, the firm had also hired a former British spy, Christopher Steele, to dig up dirt on Mr. Trump. Mr. Steele compiled his material, according to his [Trump Dossier] memos, based on allegations from unnamed Kremlin insiders and other Russians. Many of the claims sound eerily similar to the sort of “oppo” [former Soviet counterintelligence officer] [Rinat] Akhmetshin peddled. [Akhmetshin attended the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Donald Trump, Jr., Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner.]

We know that [GPS Fusion co-founder Glenn] Simpson is tight with Democrats. His current attorney, Joshua Levy, used to work in Congress as counsel to no less than Chuck Schumer. We know from a [Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck] Grassley letter that Fusion has in the past sheltered its clients’ true identities by filtering money through law firms or shell companies (Bean LLC and Kernel LLC).

Word is Mr. Simpson has made clear he will appear for a voluntary committee interview only if he is not specifically asked who hired him to dig dirt on Mr. Trump. Democrats are going to the mat for him over that demand. Those on the Judiciary Committee pointedly did not sign letters in which Mr. Grassley demanded that Fusion reveal who hired it.

Here’s a thought: What if it was the Democratic National Committee or Hillary Clinton’s campaign? What if that money flowed from a political entity on the left, to a private law firm, to Fusion, to a British spook, and then to Russian sources? Moreover, what if those Kremlin-tied sources already knew about this dirt-digging, tipped off by Mr. Akhmetshin? What if they specifically made up claims to dupe Mr. Steele, to trick him into writing this dossier?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/07/getting-a-fix-on-fusion-gps.php

So a professional smear group, with a history of smearing Republican presidential candidates, and hired to smear Trump, does not register as a Russian mouthpiece, is bolstered in its goals by St. Hillary, meets with the Trump campaign under false pretext, after crafting a clearly phony smear dossier against Trump, does not follow the law in registering as representing a foreign government or foreign interests, and that means Trump should be investigated for Russian collusion?

Steeltime, look up the actual wording of sp. counsel Mueller's mandate. It says he will look into evidence of collusion (or other criminality) btwn foreign gov and any American(s). That's what I've been trying to tell you guys suddenly on a new found 'Hillary colluded' kick. Mueller will uncover that aspect, as well as anything going on w Trump camp. Let the cards fall where they may.

Last edited:
Steeltime, look up the actual wording of sp. counsel Mueller's mandate. It says he will look into evidence of collusion (or other criminality) btwn foreign gov and any American(s). That's what I've been trying to tell you guys suddenly on a new found 'Hillary colluded' kick. Mueller will uncover that aspect, as well as anything going on w Trump camp. Let the cards fall where they may.

Fair enough.

And when I tune in to ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or read the NYT or WaPo, where would I see the information that I have highlighted? When will these major media outlets focus their klieg lights of accusation on Democrats?

Apparently, never from what I have seen. The NYT will probably at some point in the next 12 months publish a massive investigative piece, running 10,000 words, where buried around the middle of the column, those facts will garner discussion.

Otherwise?

Q8gLV.gif
tenor.gif

Top Republican congressman calls for Mueller to resign as special counsel

A senior Arizona congressman is calling on Robert Mueller, special counsel for the Justice Department’s investigation into Russia’s election meddling, to resign.

Rep. Trent Franks, a Republican who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, said in a statement Tuesday that Mueller is in violation of the law that prohibits Mueller from serving as a special counsel if he has a conflict of interest.

Mueller and former FBI Director James Comey have been longtime allies dating back to 2003 when the men both worked in Washington, Mueller as the FBI Director and Comey as Deputy Attorney General. Franks cited the pair’s relationship as a reason for Mueller to be disqualified from the probe.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said. “Those who worked under them have attested he and Jim Comey possess a close friendship, and they have delivered on-the-record statements effusing praise of one another.

President Trump had also called Mueller’s relationship with Comey “bothersome.”

Franks also cited reports that Mueller hired at least three lawyers who have donated exclusive to Hillary Clinton as well as a bevy of other Democrats.

“Until Mueller resigns, he will be in clear violation of the law, a reality that fundamentally undermines his role as Special Counsel and attending ability to execute the law,” Franks said.

Nothing to see here.

foxnews_newscorp_040517getty.jpg

Lawsuit claims Trump involvement in retracted Fox story on Seth Rich

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...volvement-in-retracted-fox-story-on-seth-rich

A lawsuit filed in federal court claims a Fox News report about murdered Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was reviewed prior to publication by President Trump and manipulated at the request of the White House.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in New York by a private investigator and Fox contributor who says his quotes in the story, which was later retracted, were fabricated by Fox.

“Fox News was working with the Trump administration to disseminate fake news in order to distract the public from Russia’s alleged attempts to influence our Country’s presidential election,” states the lawsuit filed by Rod Wheeler, a former Washington D.C. homicide detective who investigated Rich’s murder.The complaint was filed by Douglas Wigdor on behalf of Wheeler. Wigdor serves as legal counsel for several cases alleging discrimination or harassment by Fox News executives.

Fox's president of news, Jay Wallace, told NPR, which first reported the lawsuit, that there was no "concrete evidence" that Wheeler was misquoted. NPR said that Wallace did not address a question about the story's allegedly partisan origins, and it said Fox News declined to allow Zimmerman to comment.

Fox News and the White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

Wheeler, who frequently appeared as a guest on Fox News to discuss the case, said he never said quotes attributed to him that his investigation “shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and Wikileaks” and that “someone within the D.C. government, Democratic National Committee or Clinton team is blocking the investigation from going forward.”

The lawsuit states that Wheeler was the only quoted, named source in the story, and that he did not make the statements.

It alleges that the statements were falsely attributed to Wheeler “because this is the way the president wanted the article.”
WTF?

960x0-1484149899.jpg

The F.B.I. May Have Just Gotten a Major Break in the Russia Investigation

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/trump-russia-misleading-statement-fbi?mbid=social_facebook

Trump’s involvement in obscuring his son’s meeting with Russians could put the president in legal jeopardy.

Flying home from the G20 summit in Germany, Donald Trump personally dictated a misleading statement that said Donald Trump Jr.’s June 2016 meeting with a Kremlin-connected lawyer “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children”, according to a new Washington Post report that suggests the president was deeply involved in an effort to obfuscate his son’s activities. Over the next few days, the statement was hurriedly altered and updated to fit with breaking news stories, and Trump Jr. ultimately admitted he had accepted the meeting after receiving an e-mail offering damaging information on Hillary Clinton as part of the Russian government’s efforts to strengthen his father’s campaign. His lawyers acknowledged that several other Russians had also attended, including an alleged former spy and a businessman who was once accused by congressional investigators of taking part in an international money-laundering scheme.

The extent of Trump’s personal involvement in crafting his son’s initial response, which was sent to The New York Times, was not previously known. At the time, Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow claimed that “the president did not draft the response.” If that turns out to be false, as sources familiar with the situation told the Post, the president could find himself in even deeper legal jeopardy.

News of Trump’s involvement, the Post reports, has been met with surprise and frustration from various aides, who are concerned that the president has exposed himself to heightened legal risk. “This was … unnecessary,” said one of the president’s advisers, speaking to the Post on the condition of anonymity. “Now someone can claim he’s the one who attempted to mislead. Somebody can argue the president is saying he doesn’t want you to say the whole truth.”

The latest twist follows a now predictable pattern for the president, whose continual attempts to discredit the federal investigation into Russian election interference, and to distance himself from allegations of collusion between his campaign and Moscow, has only led to his further entanglement. His shock firing of former F.B.I. director James Comey, which he told Russian officials would take the pressure off him, led to allegations of obstruction of justice and the appointment of a special counsel, Robert Mueller. His attacks on Attorney General Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation have only bolstered concerns that he has sought to impede the investigation, as have his open attempts to undermine Mueller, find compromising information about his staff, and politicize his probe. Whatever his intention, such actions have the effect of implicating Trump in the public eye, rather than extricating him from the unfolding Russia scandal.

I don't get why Trump and company just didn't tell the truth to begin with. They didn't break any laws. They wanted dirt on a political opponent. That is nothing new.

I can't get excited over a story with a bunch of unnamed sources. Show me proof. Until then, stop.

Bueller going down

Top Republican congressman calls for Mueller to resign as special counsel

Rep. Trent Franks, a Republican who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, said in a statement Tuesday that Mueller is in violation of the law that prohibits Mueller from serving as a special counsel if he has a conflict of interest.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said. “Those who worked under them have attested he and Jim Comey possess a close friendship, and they have delivered on-the-record statements effusing praise of one another.

Franks also cited reports that Mueller hired at least three lawyers who have donated exclusive to Hillary Clinton as well as a bevy of other Democrats.

“Until Mueller resigns, he will be in clear violation of the law, a reality that fundamentally undermines his role as Special Counsel and attending ability to execute the law,” Franks said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...for-mueller-to-resign-as-special-counsel.html

Flush them out

Florida turns over voter-roll data to Trump election commission

Florida provided voter-roll data to President Donald Trump's election fraud commission Friday despite a lawsuit by the ACLU of Florida attempting to prevent the state from providing the information.

Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner complied with the request by the commission after a federal judge in Washington, D.C., cleared the way Monday for the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity to resume its effort to collect voter data from all states. U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly rejected a request by the Electronic Privacy Information Center to block the data collection.

"Today the Department of State pursuant to Florida law fulfilled the public records request that we received from the Presidential Advisory Commission," said Sarah Revell, Detzner's spokeswoman. "As we have said all along, we will follow Florida law and will only submit information that is already available and regularly provided to anyone who requests it."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politi...oll-data-to-trump-election-commission/2331908

Don Jr. never met with Russians> he met with them to discuss adoptions> he was there to get dirt on Clinton > Don Sr. had nothing to do with it> Don Sr. told him what to say.

Don Jr. never met with Russians> he met with them to discuss adoptions> he was there to get dirt on Clinton > Don Sr. had nothing to do with it> Don Sr. told him what to say.

Exactly. But that won't get you far here in SN la la land.

If you think that Seth Rich's murder is a nutball conspiracy theory and the Trump campaign working with Russia isn't, you might be a Democrat.

I don't suppose you meant this to be a compliment to Democrats at the time, did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.