• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no....we might be looking at the first U.S. president to go to prison here. The Steeler Nation fast food bunch is trying to sell the idea that if he"s not impeached in 30 minutes or less then he's in the clear.

The evidence is piling on as we speak...it won't be long.

News flash for you and Maxine "Ah Mo' Peach!" Waters. You can't impeach a President because you don't like him.

to be clear, are we talking about the same country which you want to import hundreds of thousands of people who openly ascribe to radical islam?
the same country that has a Constitutional duty to protect it's borders?
the same country in which the previous administration did all it could to fan the flames of hatred and race, only to see Mother ******* Nature send waves of water to put all this out, as Texans have shown that America is not as divided as the left wishes it to be?
that country?
just to be sure.

images

No, I don't want to do any of those things. I never said I wanted to import radical Islamists, never said I didn't want the borders protected, don't agree with what you're saying about the Obama administration( the race stuff is just pure unadulterated, Reich Wing , racist, " I know you are but what am I" B.S.)

Yes, but it is the same country that was founded on genocide and built by slaves. The same country who had/has great imperialistic ambitions curtailed at times by the progressive movement for the greater good of all humanity and the planet.

Yeah that country, the one Trumptards like you try to take backwards...yeah that place.

Yes, but it is the same country that was founded on genocide and built by slaves. The same country who had/has great imperialistic ambitions curtailed at times by the progressive movement for the greater good of all humanity and the planet.

Yeah that country, the one Trumptards like you try to take backwards...yeah that place.

I don't want to go back to the days of slavery because I wouldn't have cars, air conditioning, indoor plumbing, and fine craft beers either.

News flash for you and Maxine "Ah Mo' Peach!" Waters. You can't impeach a President because you don't like him.

Lol....yeah that's what I call evidence...not liking 45.

Trump just got terrible news about the Mueller team’s investigation

The pardon power may not be able to save him now.

IAN MILLHISER

Special counsel Robert Mueller, Politico’s Josh Dawsey reports, “is working with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman on its investigation into [former Trump campaign chairman] Paul Manafort and his financial transactions, according to several people familiar with the matter.”

The partnership between Mueller and Schneiderman potentially shifts the balance of power between the president and investigators, who are charged with probing the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, for three reasons.

First, as Dawsey notes, Trump does not have the power to pardon state crimes. That means that Schneiderman could bring charges against Trump associates — or maybe even Trump himself — without the president being able to use his powers to nip such a prosecution in the bud. It also means that Trump would have less ability to use the promise of a pardon to encourage his associates not to cooperate with the investigation, since such a pardon would not protect them from state charges.

Second, although federal regulations could potentially make it more difficult for Trump to fire Mueller, it is likely that Trump could ensure the special counsel’s removal if he was determined to do so. Trump, however, has no authority over Schneiderman.

Finally, Mueller’s partnership with Schneiderman suggests that the two men are sharing at least some of the evidence, testimony, and other records that Mueller has collected during his investigation. If Mueller is removed, the Justice Department could potentially claim ownership over any official records in Mueller’s possession. But they most likely could not claim any records held by Schneiderman.

So, if Mueller is fired, Schneiderman could potentially pick up at least part of the investigation where Mueller left off.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-jus...the-mueller-teams-investigation-b5d798ca9e09/

AUG 30, 2017, 8:39 PM

Tick.....tock......all the time in the world.

I love this thread. So many here have their heads so deep in the sand regarding the Mueller investigation. This is not reality tv where there's action-packed, bang bang info coming out to feed the 24 hour news cycles. Let's put it this way, the quieter it is on the Mueller front, the more worried I'd be in Trump's shoes.

I love this thread. So many here have their heads so deep in the sand regarding the Mueller investigation. This is not reality tv where there's action-packed, bang bang info coming out to feed the 24 hour news cycles. Let's put it this way, the quieter it is on the Mueller front, the more worried I'd be in Trump's shoes.

That Comey investigation was a hum dinger too. Must see TV. This will most likely be more of the same. That's why nobody is paying attention. It reeks of desperation.

That Comey investigation was a hum dinger too. Must see TV. This will most likely be more of the same. That's why nobody is paying attention. It reeks of desperation.

This will just prove my point as don't be shocked if Trump firing Comey will be very much a part of the findings in the Mueller investigation. So head in the sand then, head in the sand now, at least you guys are consistent. ;)

Not sure I get your logic. Your interpretation is that the longer that nothing happens, the more likely it is that something will big will happen, and others interpret that the longer nothing happens, the more likely it is that nothing will happen; and they are the ones with their heads in the sand?

Exactly. And 45 is worried....

As Russia probe heats up, Trump pushes new baseless smear against Comey

Distraction theater.

AARON RUPAR
SEP 1, 2017, 10:03 AM

On Thursday, The Daily Beast broke news that special counsel Bob Mueller’s investigation into the Trump campaign for possible collusion with Russia now includes help from an IRS unit that focuses “exclusively on financial crime, including tax evasion and money laundering.” That report came a day after Politico reported that Mueller is also working with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman — a troubling development for Trump, as the president can’t issue pardons for state-level convictions.

Perhaps not coincidentally, on Friday, Trump was back to trying to gin up new scandals involving former FBI Director James Comey. Trump posted a tweet alleging that Comey “exonerated Hillary Clinton long before the investigation was over” less than 40 minutes after the topic was discussed on his favorite morning TV show, Fox and friends.

dWfvnDf.png

The story Trump alluded to in his tweet is based in a joint statement issued Thursday by Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) about transcripts they recently received from a government watchdog agency. Those transcripts indicate that Comey drafted a statement announcing he wouldn’t be recommending charges against Hillary Clinton more than two months before the investigation into her email conduct was closed in July 2016. (The actual decision about whether or not to bring charges is up to the attorney general, not the FBI director.)

There’s no indication that Comey’s preparation of a statement at that stage of a lengthy investigation is unusual. CNN’s report about the Grassley/Graham statement includes comment from two sources “familiar with the matter” who basically said the story is a nothingburger.

A person familiar with the matter pushed back on the notion that Comey had already reached a conclusion that affected the investigation.

The person said back in spring 2016, agents and Justice Department officials were talking about how the investigation would end and there was a belief that the evidence was going in a direction to not support bringing charges. This individual said by April 2016 the FBI had reviewed most of the evidence and didn’t find evidence suggesting that Clinton had violated federal law. The person said the FBI wanted to interview her but didn’t believe it was going to change the outcome.

The source also said Comey was not involved in the day-to-day steps of the investigation, so even if he reached a conclusion it wouldn’t have affected the result of the investigation.

A second person familiar with the matter told CNN that Comey had not already made up his mind, and that it did not influence the investigation. The second source says the FBI had already reviewed much of the evidence by spring and it was becoming more clear that it was not likely to support bringing charges.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Wittes, editor of Lawfare and a personal friend of Comey’s, also said there is nothing unusual about Comey preparing a statement.

ZVp3FOb.png

fXSxlrR.png

Trump’s attack on Comey for allegedly being too soft on Clinton comes less than four months after Trump justified his decision to dismiss Comey as FBI director by citing a letter making a case that Comey was actually too hard on her.

That letter, written by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, criticized Comey for holding a press conference “to release derogatory information about the subject of a declined criminal investigation [i.e., Clinton].”

“The Director laid out his version of the facts for the news media as if it were a closing argument, but without a trial,” Rosenstein wrote. “It is a textbook example of what federal prosecutors and agents are taught not to do.”

Rosenstein’s letter also criticizes Comey for writing to Congress on October 28 of last year and informing members that investigators were reviewing newly discovered information pertinent to the Clinton probe. Comey’s decision to make that information public reignited the controversy surrounding Clinton’s emails less than two weeks before the election.

Trump’s baseless accusation about Comey prematurely exonerating Clinton comes less than two months after he accused him of illegally leaking classified information—again, without evidence.

MOwfEM4.png

As ThinkProgress detailed at the time, Trump’s allegation was based on a misinterpretation of a misleading report written by a top executive with Sinclair Media, an organization that attracted controversy by making a deal with the Trump campaign to secure more access in exchange for more favorable coverage.

Both Graham and Grassley have recently pushed for new congressional investigations into the Clintons.

Tick....Tock....Tick.....Tock.....

Benjamin Wittes [whoever the **** that is]: "By May, after 9 months of investigation, unless HRC lied to the FBI or it found something new, this was headed to a declination."

What about after 19 months of investigation? Or should that investigation just keep going on?

Not sure I get your logic. Your interpretation is that the longer that nothing happens, the more likely it is that something will big will happen, and others interpret that the longer nothing happens, the more likely it is that nothing will happen; and they are the ones with their heads in the sand?

No, my interpretation is Trump will be indicted by Mueller's special prosecution investigation. This doesn't have a set timeline, it's not etched in stone. So the idea that 'ha ha nothing's happening, Trump's still the president' is akin to saying how calm it is before a massive storm rolls in. That's all.

For the record, I'm not convinced Trump will still be sitting president by the time Mueller announces his findings. My best guess is Trump will have resigned sometime before that goes down.

Last edited:
Sounds like another OK corral bet to me

Tibs and Effie both GONE!

6 weeks!

It's a bet!

Wishing something to happen because that's the outcome you hope for is asinine. No one knows what the outcome of all of this will be.
To say the less we know, the worse it will be for Trump? Who's head is in the sand?

No, my interpretation is Trump will be indicted by Mueller's special prosecution investigation. This doesn't have a set timeline, it's not etched in stone. So the idea that 'ha ha nothing's happening, Trump's still the president' is akin to saying how calm it is before a massive storm rolls in. That's all.

Yeah, that sounds like wishful thinking based on nothing, or climate change based on nothing, or Conor McGregor winning based on nothing. You can go ahead and erase that sig. Good Man.

Wishing something to happen..
Yeah, that sounds like wishful thinking...
No, I don't want this to happen, nor do I wish for this to happen. Would be the biggest travesty in US political history, surpassing even Nixon. It would be a black mark on our democracy and overall a terrible thing. I'm just convinced there are so many skeletons in Trump's closet from over the years, his ties to the Russian mob, his illicit business dealings, the murky contacts and communication with Russians, the missteps of his campaign team, the ill-timed and ill-advised firing of Comey, that when all of it is laid out and exposed, there will be plenty there to indict him. I won't be happy about it, nor will I look at it as some sort of victory. I will see it for what it is, a sad and shameful moment in our history.

I will see it for what it is, a sad and shameful moment in our history.

You just described the last 8 years under Obama.

No, I don't want this to happen, nor do I wish for this to happen. Would be the biggest travesty in US political history, surpassing even Nixon. It would be a black mark on our democracy and overall a terrible thing. I'm just convinced there are so many skeletons in Trump's closet from over the years, his ties to the Russian mob, his illicit business dealings, the murky contacts and communication with Russians, the missteps of his campaign team, the ill-timed and ill-advised firing of Comey, that when all of it is laid out and exposed, there will be plenty there to indict him. I won't be happy about it, nor will I look at it as some sort of victory. I will see it for what it is, a sad and shameful moment in our history.

Other than the firing of Comey, you just described Hillary Clinton.........and you probably could prove the case easier with her. But aren't they looking for collusion? The sad moment in history has more to do with the soft coup that is now happening in the Washington cesspool.

But it is a bunch of wishful thinking. There's an assumption by the left that Trump has colluded with the Russians, that he has illegal dealings with them, that he's in bed with the Russians so deeply that he's practically a Russian operative. You WANT it to be true just so you can say I told you so.

You believe it's just a matter of time before he's removed from office... but never once consider the alternative that there's nothing to warrant his removal.

But it is a bunch of wishful thinking. There's an assumption by the left that Trump has colluded with the Russians, that he has illegal dealings with them, that he's in bed with the Russians so deeply that he's practically a Russian operative. You WANT it to be true just so you can say I told you so.

You believe it's just a matter of time before he's removed from office... but never once consider the alternative that there's nothing to warrant his removal.

It's the same as the Climate Change fiasco. The result is already decided before any study (or investigation) is started.....the study itself is a facade in which you are desperately trying to find something that boosts up your predetermined conclusion. You may find 99 things in your own study that discredit your theory and 1 thing that lends credence to your theory. So you simply omit the 99 damaging things form the report findings and include the 1 thing as the central piece of evidence in support of your argument. Then you say, "A Ha! We found the proof!" It's the oldest trick in the book. Dog and pony shows, both of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.