• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear relationships within the campaign and administration soured and various factions weren't getting along. I don't think that's a big shock to anyone.

I just wonder who Bannon's working for now. He's clearly trying to undermine Trump now but at whose bidding? I doubt it's just purely for revenge. There's some kind of plan behind it.

I'm also not surprised at the reports that Trump never expected nor desired to win. That's been my feeling from the beginning. I think he was completely unprepared to be president and never even made any plans for that contingency.

I listen to Breitbart News on Sirius. This is who Bannon is back working for. I believe he is using the BB megaphone to launch his own political career. If that is in fact the case, I believe he miscalculated with this latest revelation. I believe it will backfire politically, and possibly professionally.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

I listen to Breitbart News on Sirius. This is who Bannon is back working for. I believe he is using the BB megaphone to launch his own political career. If that is in fact the case, I believe he miscalculated with this latest revelation. I believe it will backfire politically, and possibly professionally.

At first I bought the working on the outside line. His recent backstabbing is definitely wishy washy. His positions are unclear. I agree that it will backfire.

So you will join me in calling on Congress to release the full 21 hours of testimony given by Fusion GPS before three congressional committees? Since - according to you - there's nothing incriminating regarding Trump, why not demand Republicans release the testimony that exonerate him and prove him right? The American people deserve to know the truth, one way or another.

Yep, no problem. Release the testimony.

Didn't those guys write an Op-Ed where they basically revealed their dirt?? And that supposed dirt had nothing - ******* NOTHING - implicating Trump in any collusion?????????????????????

Oh, great, so they look at his business dealings in 1998, right? Jesus, do you want this to be the way we run our government over the next 50 years? Lose the election, look to see if the winner ever had financial dealings that somebody - no matter how credible - claims was dirty?

Lefties never learn. Ever. Rape Quayle for "avoiding the draft." Find out untrue. Then nominate a true draft evader, Clinton. Pretend draft does not matter.

Attack Moore for sexual conduct in 1988. Forget that Clinton was alleged to have raped a woman or 3. Attack conservatives because they hate women and .... okay, Weinstein, and Franken, and Spacey, and Conyers, and on and on are all gone and are all devout liberals.

This **** is going to be a cyanide pill for every ******* election for this country. Candidate [fill in the blank] wins? **** that, did he/she/xe get involved in a business deal 30 years ago that was iffy? Did he/she/xe claim an inappropriate tax deduction in 2011? Did he/she/xe ever kiss a girl or guy or xe or what-the-****-ever without full permission?

******* liberals. Too stupid to realize that they are the sorry ******** wearing the suicide belt. But hey, have at it.

Dow at new high
S&P at new high
Trump and friends create stir to fill post holiday void.
Markets yawn, go higher, leftists still on winter break from their government/tenured positions lose their minds rubbing their hands with glee , like the MSM, as they don't understand, again, that Trump is just raising their hopes to heighten the continued despair when nothing happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Don't worry Canadian Bacon he's going down, that you and the other Trumptards here think that because it's not happening overnight means that there is "nothing there", only speaks to your delusional thinking.

As far as the Dow and S&P......yeah the rich getting richer really helps the average American ,just like the tax cuts do(LMAO).........meanwhile no manufacturing jobs coming back like promised, no coal mining jobs, hell even Carrier took it's tax break and is now shipping it's jobs to Mexico.

Companies lying about 1,000 dollar bonuses like ATT, those bonuses were negotiated by the employee union long before Trump even came along. At the same time ATT credits it to Trump's tax cut(Kissing his behind as thanks for the free money), meanwhile they try to keep quiet on the fact that they will be laying off hundreds of technicians.

Yes MAGA at it's finest! Did I mention the 50% increase in miner deaths thanks to Trump's head of the MSHA who was........(drum roll)....A MINING EXECUTIVE!

So no new mining jobs, BUT a relaxing of mining regulations so the companies don't have to spend so much on worker safety, and we see the results.....my...my... TRULY a hero of the working class..... TRAGIC LOL...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...e-bannon-michael-wolff?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Steve Bannon on the Russia investigation: "They're going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV."

On the Trump Tower meeting: "The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor — with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers. Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s--t, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."

On where they should have met instead: "A Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire."

On where the Trump team could have "dump[ed]...down" information: “Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication."

On where Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation is headed: "This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to f--king Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr., and Jared Kushner ... It's as plain as a hair on your face."

On how they're going to get there: “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner s--t. The Kushner s--t is greasy. They're going to go right through that. They're going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

On the Trump team's chances to escape Mueller's probe: "They're sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five."

Steve Bannon on the Russia investigation: "They're going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV."

On the Trump Tower meeting: "The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor — with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers. Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s--t, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."

On where they should have met instead: "A Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire."

On where the Trump team could have "dump[ed]...down" information: “Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication."

Back from probation, you stinking, cancerous, lying, disgusting, foul, diseased, lying ****?

And you cite STEVE ******* BANNON AS YOUR ******* SOURCE, you inbred, dimwitted dink?? Do a ******* search of your own posts about Steve Bannon, you vile, contemptible, foul reject of DNA. See what YOU wrote about Bannon as a source, you nasty, abominable, obnoxious, odious, unsavory, repulsive, distasteful, loathsome, nauseating, sickening canker sore of a wanna-be human.

*******-A, you really are the Rodney King of debate, aren't you?

Back from probation, you stinking, cancerous, lying, disgusting, foul, diseased, lying ****?

And you cite STEVE ******* BANNON AS YOUR ******* SOURCE, you inbred, dimwitted dink?? Do a ******* search of your own posts about Steve Bannon, you vile, contemptible, foul reject of DNA. See what YOU wrote about Bannon as a source, you nasty, abominable, obnoxious, odious, unsavory, repulsive, distasteful, loathsome, nauseating, sickening canker sore of a wanna-be human.

You mad bro?

Oh wait....no it's just that you are a stinking douchebag. **** off you ambulance chasing piece of steaming ****.

I'll do as I please.

You mad bro?

No, disgusted by a miserable, lying, corrupt, diseased, scumbag.

Oh wait....no it's just that you are a stinking douchebag. **** off you ambulance chasing piece of steaming ****.

I'll do as I please.

No, *****, you will get ******* punked again and again and again and again and again when I rape your embarrassingly ignorant posts.

What would Steve Bannon have to say about you, idiot? Yeah, think about that for a minute. fuckwad, since apparently now you rely on his observations.

Oh, and check as to how often I cited Bannon as a source, idiot. Go ahead. I'll wait.

No, disgusted by a miserable, lying, corrupt, diseased, scumbag.

No, *****, you will get ******* punked again and again and again and again and again when I rape your embarrassingly ignorant posts.

What would Steve Bannon have to say about you, idiot? Yeah, think about that for a minute. fuckwad, since apparently now you rely on his observations.

Oh, and check as to how often I cited Bannon as a source, idiot. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Still mad bro?

Watch this video. Movies of babies put a smile on anyone's face.....................................enjoy.

Funny that a year ago Bannon was an insane Neo-Nazi lunatic who shouldn't be allowed within 30 miles of the White House and now that he's turned on Trump he's a credible source.

You mad bro?

I'll do as I please.
I laugh at your hysteria. This new book is going to have the same impact as the Donna Brazile book...........it will sell morr books. Didn't Mueller already look into this already, with a fine tooth comb? You bet he did. Enjoy your hysteria. It's all you got.

I agree with Steetime. This is a new low for Washington politics, and is setting a terrible precedent for future presidents.......assassination by special counsel.

The divide gets wider. Much wider.

Lefties never learn. Ever. Rape Quayle for "avoiding the draft." Find out untrue. Then nominate a true draft evader, Clinton. Pretend draft does not matter.

Attack Moore for sexual conduct in 1988. Forget that Clinton was alleged to have raped a woman or 3. Attack conservatives because they hate women and .... okay, Weinstein, and Franken, and Spacey, and Conyers, and on and on are all gone and are all devout liberals.

This **** is going to be a cyanide pill for every ******* election for this country.

******* liberals. Too stupid to realize that they are the sorry ******** wearing the suicide belt. But hey, have at it.

The truth is starting to appear, little by little

Rumor: Hundreds Of Sealed Indictments Await Democrats
Democrats, especially Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are about to learn that when you take a shot at Donald Trump you better not miss. Hit Trump and he hits back harder. Trump has bided his time waiting for the political winds to shift and now the **** is about to hit the fan.

The first indication that President Trump was preparing to strike back at the major figures leading Washington’s corrupt cabal came last Thursday when he issued an Executive Order Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption.
http://freespeechordeath.com/rumor-hundreds-sealed-indictments-await-democrats/

It’s Over! Russia Collusion Narrative Collapses – Trump’s Biggest Enemies Forced To Admit He’s Innocent!
Democrats, the mainstream media, and the FBI having gambled everything on a phony narrative in an effort to prematurely remove President Trump from office now find themselves in shambles as the New Year starts and the public has turned on them following a year and a half of fruitless investigations.

To be sure those investigations have turned up significant evidence of wrongdoing just not against Donald Trump or his campaign team. Fully 56% of the people now want a special counsel to investigate Mrs. Clinton and the trail of corruption that she left in her wake.
http://freespeechordeath.com/russia...ps-biggest-enemies-forced-admit-hes-innocent/

This is the swamp that Donald Trump ran against. Now, like Muhammad Ali when he fought George Foreman, Trump has taken everything that was thrown at him. With public opinion now demanding answers about the Clinton’s criminal enterprise, Trump has the imperative to start fighting off the ropes against Hillary and Bill and the Deep State Obama created to protect them in order to protect the Marxist gains he had made.

Trump signaled the shift in his strategy last Thursday when, with the winds of public opinion at his back, he signed the Executive Order Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption declaring a national emergency to deal with the threat.

It is hard to see how the savage beating that Trump endured for the past year will leave him feeling charitable towards anyone even peripherally involved. It is growing increasingly likely that the Deep State, the Clinton’s and their cronies, many high-ranking members of the Obama administration, the Democratic Party, and the MSM will not survive this scandal.

p56FRRl.png

Another article today....

Conservative Lawmaker Demands Answers to These 18 Questions About Russia, FBI
Fox News reported last week that Nunes, chairman of the House intelligence committee, “is blasting the Department of Justice and the FBI for its ‘failure to fully produce’ documents related to an anti-Trump dossier, saying ‘at this point it seems the DOJ and FBI need to be investigating themselves.’”
http://dailysignal.com/2018/01/03/c...mR2tSKzI1RXdwMnBzaU4xVzlsbFB0UURSZmpwMzUifQ==

Last edited:

Didn't those guys write an Op-Ed where they basically revealed their dirt?? And that supposed dirt had nothing - ******* NOTHING - implicating Trump in any collusion?????????????????????

Oh, great, so they look at his business dealings in 1998, right? Jesus, do you want this to be the way we run our government over the next 50 years? Lose the election, look to see if the winner ever had financial dealings that somebody - no matter how credible - claims was dirty?

This **** is going to be a cyanide pill for every ******* election for this country. Candidate [fill in the blank] wins? **** that, did he/she/xe get involved in a business deal 30 years ago that was iffy? Did he/she/xe claim an inappropriate tax deduction in 2011? Did he/she/xe ever kiss a girl or guy or xe or what-the-****-ever without full permission?

It's just a new way to obstruct "insert president here" it's criminal. I've never seen a president so viciously attacked before he even took the oath of office. It's all front & center because of the press and entertainment industry. The entertainment industry has some of the dumbest mother ******* on the planet. They live in a bubble of bullshit.

This is turning into a macrocosm of Tibs "civility" post. I honestly can't imagine anyone who would want to run for any office.

CBS evening "news" the last few nights at least, has had some sort of no name political commentator on doing nothing but bash anyone in the White House.

And whoever the latest host is laps it up like it's proven fact. Guy appears to be about 14, so I guess they feel he's safe from any poor choices in his past.

CBS Evening Opinions would be a better name for the show.

This is turning into a macrocosm of Tibs "civility" post. I honestly can't imagine anyone who would want to run for any office.

CBS evening "news" the last few nights at least, has had some sort of no name political commentator on doing nothing but bash anyone in the White House.

And whoever the latest host is laps it up like it's proven fact. Guy appears to be about 14, so I guess they feel he's safe from any poor choices in his past.

Opinion Journalism is all a person gets anymore, left or right. It isn't news. People tune in based on whether the TV program agrees with their opinion or not. Same with the web. Look at the sites Tibs links, and compare that to the sites IndySteel links. I think if a news program comes on that is based solely on facts and nothing else, FOX CNN and PMSNBC are toast. JMHO.

This is turning into a macrocosm of Tibs "civility" post. I honestly can't imagine anyone who would want to run for any office. CBS evening "news" the last few nights at least, has had some sort of no name political commentator on doing nothing but bash anyone in the White House. And whoever the latest host is laps it up like it's proven fact. Guy appears to be about 14, so I guess they feel he's safe from any poor choices in his past. CBS Evening Opinions would be a better name for the show.

You know, they may be onto something. Even leaders from Latin America are getting in on the act. And to think anyone actually thought Trump would raise the stature of the US and the presidency. Exactly the opposite has happened at home and abroad.

Latin American leaders all used the same word to describe Trump after joint meeting: 'Insane'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...american-leaders-meeting-latest-a8140566.html

US President Donald Trump was described as "insane" by several Latin American leaders after he expressed surprise that they did not want a war with Venezuela.

Politico reported a former US official who attended the dinner said many of the leaders and gathered officials thought “‘This guy is insane.’”

Governments around the world have criticised President Nicolas Maduro for not allowing a democratic transition to a new administration and skyrocketing prices on basic goods, but none have proffered armed conflict as a solution.

“By the time the dinner was over, the leaders were in shock, and not just over the idle talk of armed conflict. No matter how prepared they were, eight months into an American presidency like no other, this was somehow not what they expected,” Politico reported.

The former US official said that “without fail, [the Latin American leaders] just had wide eyes about the entire engagement” and were surprised at Mr Trump’s lack of knowledge about US engagement in the region and how unpredictable he could actually be even though it was eight months into his term at that point.

Don't worry Canadian Bacon he's going down, that you and the other Trumptards here think that because it's not happening overnight means that there is "nothing there", only speaks to your delusional thinking.

As far as the Dow and S&P......yeah the rich getting richer really helps the average American ,just like the tax cuts do(LMAO).........meanwhile no manufacturing jobs coming back like promised, no coal mining jobs, hell even Carrier took it's tax break and is now shipping it's jobs to Mexico.

Companies lying about 1,000 dollar bonuses like ATT, those bonuses were negotiated by the employee union long before Trump even came along. At the same time ATT credits it to Trump's tax cut(Kissing his behind as thanks for the free money), meanwhile they try to keep quiet on the fact that they will be laying off hundreds of technicians.

Yes MAGA at it's finest! Did I mention the 50% increase in miner deaths thanks to Trump's head of the MSHA who was........(drum roll)....A MINING EXECUTIVE!

So no new mining jobs, BUT a relaxing of mining regulations so the companies don't have to spend so much on worker safety, and we see the results.....my...my... TRULY a hero of the working class..... TRAGIC LOL...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...e-bannon-michael-wolff?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

On where Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation is headed: "This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to f--king Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr., and Jared Kushner ... It's as plain as a hair on your face."

On how they're going to get there: “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner s--t. The Kushner s--t is greasy. They're going to go right through that. They're going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

On the Trump team's chances to escape Mueller's probe: "They're sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five."
Elfie, you are one dumb ********. Almost everyone benefits with a higher stock market. You can tell this, because when markets go down, consumer and corporate spending go down, and the entire economy suffers.

Why must you continue to post such ignorant half-truths?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Good dog. Here's a treat.

Bannon quote last night:

BANNON: The President of the United States is a great man. You know I support him day in and day out

Same thing on NPR last night at the 5 o'clock drive home hour.

Lead story was Trump's "tweets" and then they brought in two old-school, career Washington insiders and both just threw opinions at the wall about how "awful" and how "terrible" the tweets were and how it was leading us into oblivion. And the news anchor just lapped it up, led the questions into more and more terrible things that "could happen".

Over ******* tweets. Like we haven't been doing this for 24 months on end now and all the doomsday predictions haven't come true once.

They just don't ******* learn.... And I normally like NPR (even if they are biased).

Isn't Steve Bannon the guy that went on 60 Minutes, shortly after he left whatever position he had in the White House, and said there was "nothing there" regarding the Russia investigation? It sounds like he has covered all bases and can now be cited as a "source" for both sides.

I think Bannon has political aspirations and this is just a way to keep himself in the news.

I wouldn't vote for him. I think he served a purpose in the last election cycle and I appreciate some of what Brietbart tries to do but as a person, he's a bit too slovenly for my taste. I also don't agree with him on everything or think he would be a good politician.

Not sure where he is aiming to run. Anyone know? Alabama?

He was quoted in a book by an author who has been accused in the past of falsifying quotes.

As I said... Trump's attorney sent a cease and desist letter to the author and publisher.

The lengthy letter to Wolff and Henry Holt and Co. Inc. goes on to accuse the author of actual malice.

It states, “Actual malice (reckless disregard for the truth) can be proven by the fact that the Book admits in the Introduction that it contains untrue statements. Moreover, the Book appears to cite to no sources for many of its most damaging statements about Mr. Trump. Also, many of your so-called ‘sources’ have stated publicly that they never spoke to Mr. Wolff and/or never made the statements that are being attributed to them. Other alleged ‘sources’ of statements about Mr. Trump are believed to have no personal knowledge of the facts upon which they are making statements or are known to be unreliable and/or strongly biased against Mr. Trump.”

I think Bannon has political aspirations and this is just a way to keep himself in the news.

Good take from the Atlantic.

What Was Steve Bannon Thinking?
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...teve-bannon-thinking/549602/?utm_source=atlfb

Six theories to explain his scorched-earth break with the president that seems to have left him utterly isolated

Donald Trump hired Steve Bannon as his campaign manager, gave him a job in the White House, and signed an executive order to give him a seat at meetings of the National Security Council’s principals committee, giving him access to some of America’s most sensitive secrets, even as his erstwhile adviser helped to make him the most powerful man on earth.
<section id="article-section-1">
But now the two are fighting as if they find one another deplorable and irredeemable.

Bannon is quoted savaging multiple members of the Trump family in excerpts from a forthcoming book by the journalist Michael Wolff. And Trump now insists that a man he recently entrusted with a key national-security post is crazy and has nothing to do with his presidency. “When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind,” the president declared Wednesday in a statement. “Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well.”

</section><section id="article-section-2">What happens when an unpopular president propelled to power by the populist right feuds with a man who runs perhaps the most popular website on the populist right?

The answer may turn on unknowns including these:

1. Is Steve Bannon correct in his judgment that there is a big enough constituency to refashion the Republican Party in the style of Pat Buchanan by electing anti-globalist, anti-Muslim, anti-immigration, anti-establishment candidates to the House and the Senate? Or is Trumpism inseparable from Donald Trump himself and his singular celebrity and charisma?
  2. If Buchananite primary challenges are possible, is Bannon savvy enough to judge which candidates are viable and which are not because, for instance, they dated young teenagers in their 30s or embraced anti-Semitism?
  3. How secure is Bannon in his perch at Breitbart? Is it in the financial interest of the site to break from Trump? Could it do so and retain its audience?
  4. What is the most damaging information that Bannon has about Donald Trump, his eldest sons, Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, and others in their orbit?
  5. If Trump continues to sign legislation and appoint federal judges like an establishment Republican, even as he wages a scorched-earth culture war on Twitter and elsewhere, will that be enough to satisfy loyalists in his base?
  6. Will the billionaire Mercer family give him money in the future?

But it may be that Bannon has destroyed himself regardless. I’m hesitant to reach that conclusion because I do not understand the course that he has chosen, but I don’t understand it precisely because it looks so much like self-immolation. His words seem likely to permanently alienate both the National Review-wing of establishment conservatism that already hates him and loyal Trump supporters.

</section><section id="article-section-3">The Bannon quotes excerpted in The Guardian, pertaining to a meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer and Trump’s inner circle, are particularly inflammatory.

My colleague David Graham characterizes their significance:
In describing the Trump Tower meeting as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic,” Bannon becomes the first major Trump insider to say what is at this point clear to anyone willing to look at the facts: Whether or not there were any crimes committed, Trump aides colluded with Russia. The pattern runs from George Papadopoulos’s conversations with Russian agents, through the Trump Tower meeting, and up to Michael Flynn’s conversations with then-Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, about which he has pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents.
At Hot Air, Allahpundit asks, “What is Bannon thinking, legitimizing the Russiagate investigation when everyone else in populist media has spent a year insisting it’s a witch hunt based on lies and innuendo? At the very least you’d expect him to blame people like Carter Page and George Papadopoulos for driving the suspicion, not the Trump family. He might have gotten away with slamming Jared since their feud is public knowledge but going after Don Jr is an attack on POTUS himself. He’s practically forcing Breitbart fans to choose between him and Trump now, particularly by using a term as loaded as ‘treasonous.’ And Breitbart’s not challenging the veracity of the Bannon quotes, mind you.”

</section>

Status
Not open for further replies.