• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another school shooting. 8 dead.

One more thing. the shooting in Michigan was a cop and his wife, they were shot by their son and were shot with the COPS GUN. Liberal lies cause they can't do anything but lie when they open their mouths, or type on a key board.

I 100% agree. A ton of families with one parent, meaning the kids have a ton of time on their own. Not criticizing, by the way, just stating a fact. The kids spend time on social media, which results in beatdowns like me *****-stomping elfiePoloLiarCoward. Kids then withdraw. Become isolated and angry, like AspergerElfiePoloTardLiarCoward. Those pathetic losers then turn to extremism, like ... well, we all get the point (except of course AspergerElfiePoloLiarCoward, who is too stupid to understand. Explain it to him, Supe.)

Yeah, pretty much spot on.

Good God Lyn, that is some of the nuttiest **** I've ever heard of. They might as well just start teaching those kids to use drugs and evade the police right now.

Good God Lyn, that is some of the nuttiest **** I've ever heard of. They might as well just start teaching those kids to use drugs and evade the police right now.

I totally forgot the "Touchstone" pledge that the kids recite every morning. I don't know it by heart, but the gist is that the kids say something to the effect of:

I demand the education I deserve. I deserve to be treated fairly and with respect. I deserve to be kept safe.

Notice how it's the KIDS who are making the demands, not the teachers. If I can find the actual wording of the "touchstone," I will post it. I talked to a friend who did her student teaching at that school and she said the whole recitation of the touchstone is almost cult-like. It's very odd.

I totally forgot the "Touchstone" pledge that the kids recite every morning. I don't know it by heart, but the gist is that the kids say something to the effect of:

I demand the education I deserve. I deserve to be treated fairly and with respect. I deserve to be kept safe.

Notice how it's the KIDS who are making the demands, not the teachers. If I can find the actual wording of the "touchstone," I will post it. I talked to a friend who did her student teaching at that school and she said the whole recitation of the touchstone is almost cult-like. It's very odd.

That's bizarre. In Kansas no less! I'd expect a place like that in San Francisco or Manhattan.

As has been discussed here before, I'm all for positive discipline. But positive discipline doesn't mean no discipline.

That is sad and creepy at the same time. When I was in school, my parents demanded I never miss class, listen to the teachers, do my homework, and get A's. I had no demands. I was not allowed to make demands at age 12, 13, etc.

That's bizarre. In Kansas no less! I'd expect a place like that in San Francisco or Manhattan.

As has been discussed here before, I'm all for positive discipline. But positive discipline doesn't mean no discipline.

The principal s very progressive. He goes around the country lecturing on "trauma-free" schools. I don't think that the other schools in the district follow this philosophy as much as he does.

The principal s very progressive. He goes around the country lecturing on "trauma-free" schools.

Wow, that's just awesome and preparing the students for life, right? I mean in real life, we never suffer trauma - loss of a loved one, loss of property, injury, loss of a job, economic hardship, etc. - do we??

I was not allowed to make demands at age 12, 13, etc.

For good reason. 12 and 13 year olds don't know their ***** from a hole in the ground. I have one in my home, so I see it first hand.....and he's well adjusted compared to most of them. He's still a complete doofus. They don't even understand what is happening to their own bodies and minds yet, how in the hell can they make sensible or valid demands of anyone? Lyn's Principal sounds like a raving lunatic to me.

Last edited:
The principal s very progressive. He goes around the country lecturing on "trauma-free" schools. I don't think that the other schools in the district follow this philosophy as much as he does.

He needs some blunt force trauma to his head.

Ever sit next to a family with kids brought up in a trauma free environment? It's traumatic.

Yes! A high school friend of mine is hardcore liberal.
Has safe spaces for his kids, etc. you know lib stuff.

Went over for a house party a few months ago, and faacck!

Wow, that's just awesome and preparing the students for life, right? I mean in real life, we never suffer trauma - loss of a loved one, loss of property, injury, loss of a job, economic hardship, etc. - do we??

We can't shield our kids from EVERYTHING that will go wrong. At least, that's how I was raised and how I raised my daughter. Parents these days demand that EVERYTHING be kept safe for their kids and EVERYTHING go right. Hell, there is a HS in NJ who lets EVERYONE be a cheerleader- one girl didn't make the squad and her mom pitched a major fit....she's now on the squad and now everyone who tries out makes it. Educators and administrations hands are tied. Parents threaten a lawsuit, and the schools have to cave. It's absolutely NUTS.

So the "Touchstone" pledge says nothing about the student being responsible to make an effort to study and respect others?

As an aside we need to stop saying demand respect. Respect is earned not demanded. We need to start saying courtesy and manners.

We can't shield our kids from EVERYTHING that will go wrong. At least, that's how I was raised and how I raised my daughter. Parents these days demand that EVERYTHING be kept safe for their kids and EVERYTHING go right. Hell, there is a HS in NJ who lets EVERYONE be a cheerleader- one girl didn't make the squad and her mom pitched a major fit....she's now on the squad and now everyone who tries out makes it. Educators and administrations hands are tied. Parents threaten a lawsuit, and the schools have to cave. It's absolutely NUTS.

And I guarantee that poor girl has few, if any friends left. Thanks mom, for making your daughter a pariah.

You guys are making a very good case why kids today aren't mature enough to buy a firearm until their 21.

So the "Touchstone" pledge says nothing about the student being responsible to make an effort to study and respect others?

As an aside we need to stop saying demand respect. Respect is earned not demanded. We need to start saying courtesy and manners.

Nope. It’s scary. And yes, respect is earned. But if the parents aren’t teaching that at home, then it’s a lost cause at school.

I GET it now. The principal at the school has a huge poster of Obama in his classroom. Judging by the fact that the principal is African-American, I should have guessed he supported Obama....so this whole progressive thing makes sense now. I hope Obama is proud of this agenda and proud of making kids into disrespectful robots.

There was a shooting this morning at Noblesville West Middle School. That’s in my county. We were just there a couple weeks ago for my daughter’s track meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Unreal.

No school anywhere is immune.

My daughters last day at the middle school she teaches at in Texas today...she sent me two beautiful letters that students wrote her in appreciation, and then you turn on the news and this bullshit again!

I worry about her and my wife everyday during the school year....

What the hell is going on in our country??

There was a shooting this morning at Noblesville West Middle School. That’s in my county. We were just there a couple weeks ago for my daughter’s track meet.

Saw that. Glad to hear no fatalities (that I've heard) and the shooter was apprehended quickly. And I hope they don't let out any details of the shooter's identity (this is becoming trendy copy-cat **** for these sick SOBs). Unreal it's happening so often now.

One of my employees has a daughter at that school. He took off like a bat out of hell when the news broke.