• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anybody else looking forward to tomorrow night’s game?

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Can’t figure out who I want to root for. I want the Bengals to stay at the bottom, but I want the Ratbirds to crash and burn.

Assuming we figure out a way to beat the Browns with a backup QB, I think the Ravens beating the Bengals would seriously torpedo their chances of making the playoffs.

Let the Ratbirds win the Division....Who cares. If the Browns and the Bengals are toast then that makes it all the easier for the Steelers to get in.

I don't think this team is going to win the division.

Assuming we figure out a way to beat the Browns with a backup QB, I think the Ravens beating the Bengals would seriously torpedo their chances of making the playoffs.

Let the Ratbirds win the Division....Who cares. If the Browns and the Bengals are toast then that makes it all the easier for the Steelers to get in.
I don’t think the team is going to win the division.

I think they do,……….. UNTIL they don’t.

Don’t give up so short on this team. They are proving with each win, that anything is possible. In spite of the short fall of coaching, injuries, ect., they are managing to get the “Ws”.

Salute the nation

PS

Yes, a most less thought of aspect, least ways not mentioned much here, injuries. I think we have had 7 major or significant missing time injuries. This isn’t counting the game KP8 missed. Yet we are still managing.

This goes to show what some of us here said prior to the start of the season

“we definitely have considerable good quality depth”

Don’t take this lightly as we are now getting several injury positions back into play.

I for one am looking forward to see what this team can do, along with the less than desirable coaching accompanying it.

Salute the nation

Last edited:

I don't think this team is going to win the division.
I'd have to agree, not concerned at this point with winning the division as much as just getting to the playoffs. The more distance between us and the Browns and Bengals the better. It's not like a home playoff game for the Steelers means allot considering our last two home playoff debacles.

One additional thought, a Bengal loss and a Steeler victory this weekend pretty much closes the door on a tie breaker in the Steelers favor with either team as long as we split with Cincinnati.

One additional thought, a Bengal loss and a Steeler victory this weekend pretty much closes the door on a tie breaker in the Steelers favor with either team as long as we split with Cincinnati.

I fear Joe Burrow in the playoffs more than I do Lamar Jackson too.

NFL should announce that the winner gets Matt Canada. No one will win.

The teams would trade taking knees the 1st half, then running backwards for safeties the 2nd half. The contest would devolve into the longest game in NFL history and would make the Chiefs-Dolphins playoff game look like youth football with a running clock.

Yeah this will be a great game to watch...Both scenarios are good for us...If the Rats lose, we can grab the AFC North Division crown. If the Bengals lose, our Wild Card position strengthens...

I think I will let the Ravens & Cincy fight this out & enjoy either scenario

A tie is our worse outcome… it eliminates our tiebreaker possibilities without handing either a full loss.

Ideally Cinci wins, then we win vs Cleveland, then we beat Cinci next week . Baltimore is on a bye The browns play at Denver… which could go either way

That scenario puts us at 8-3 with 4 division wins and at least one vs every division team

The Ravens would be at 7-4 and 2-3 in the division
The Bengals would be 6-5 and 1-3 in the division

The Browns would either be 7-4 or 6-5 and would be 2-3 in the division

This means we would have every division tiebreaker sewn up with two wins the next two weeks and the battered Bengals miraculously beating the Ratbirds Thursday night.

With just six remaining games every one of them will have to beat us by at least one win or tie

We would start +1 in the win department over the teams 7-4 and +2 over teams 6-5.

So
if we went 0-6, a 7-4 team would have to go 2-4 to beat us
If we went 1-5, a 7-4 team would have to go 3-3 to beat us
If we went 2-4, a 7-4 team would have to go 4-2 to beat us
If we went 3-3, a 7-4 team would have to go 5-1 to beat us
If we went 4-2, a 7-4 team would have to go 6-0 to beat us
If we magically won 5 or more the division would be over

Now if the Ravens win, the tiebreaker with them would come down to us either winning the Browns and both Cincinnati games, or just beating them in the final game, so it really drops all those numbers by one and at 8-3 we would basically be playing them even down the stretch

A tie is our worse outcome… it eliminates our tiebreaker possibilities without handing either a full loss.

Ideally Cinci wins, then we win vs Cleveland, then we beat Cinci next week . Baltimore is on a bye The browns play at Denver… which could go either way

That scenario puts us at 8-3 with 4 division wins and at least one vs every division team

This means we would have every division tiebreaker sewn up with two wins the next two weeks and the battered Bengals miraculously beating the Ratbirds Thursday night.

With just six remaining games every one of them will have to beat us by at least one win or tie

We would start +1 in the win department over the teams 7-4 and +2 over teams 6-5.

So

Now if the Ravens win, the tiebreaker with them would come down to us either winning the Browns and both Cincinnati games, or just beating them in the final game, so it really drops all those numbers by one and at 8-3 we would basically be playing them even down the stretch
1700168722457.gif

Also the Bengals have the hardest second half schedule left in the league by a lot.
The Ravens are pretty high up too, but have more wins right now… so a win really doesn’t mean as much to Cinci … they still have a bigger uphill climb

Plus you absolutely want to face Cinci in cinci with them coming off of a win rather than a 2 game losing streak and ten days to stew and plan

I like seeing the Ravens lose more than Cinci. In the grand scheme of this year I do not think it matters much for us. If we take care of our business then we should be able to at least squeak into the playoffs. I think Cinci is a scarier team than Balt and would rather face Balt in any meaningful game.

So

Holy ANALytics Batman........

you must have gave up your afternoon power nap MAD ..... to come up with all those scenarios... lol