• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AP - Brady must serve suspension.

Steelmann

Reaction score
They will still win their division and end up in the AFC Championship game. I wouldn't be all cocky about this. We will still have to face him twice in hopes of winning a ring.

Bring it on. I wouldn't want it any other way.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
People don't realize what a huge part of the Pats success is that their division sucks nearly every year. This gives them a huge edge as not only do they easily win the division most years, but it also gives them one of the best records and a bye.

Brady has never made a Super Bowl without a playoff bye. Their **** division is a big part of their success.

Reaction score
People don't realize what a huge part of the Pats success is that their division sucks nearly every year. This gives them a huge edge as not only do they easily win the division most years, but it also gives them one of the best records and a bye.

Brady has never made a Super Bowl without a playoff bye. Their **** division is a big part of their success.

I've been saying this for years. Manning in the dogshit South too. Every year in the playoffs because Ten, Jax, and Hou were atrocious. Meanwhile, the QB winning in the toughest division in sports gets called "second tier" by the talking heads on TV.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
that's true, but their division has picked up some.
Miami isn't a .300 team anymore
Jets and Buffalo have good, strong defenses while their offenses resemble chinese fire drills less and less. well, for Buffalo. Jets are still a mess.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've read, Roger hasn't chimed in yet on what he will do.

Any chance he will wuss out and change his mind?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Marsha will try to get the entire court to hear the case. It will delay his suspension probably until next year. As far as his legacy, unless you are a Cheatriots fan or media nuthugger, his legacy shows 4 SB's that all should have asterisks next to them or be stripped from the team. Sure, he was a great QB but I can't put him with the greatest since he did not win a single SB without he or the team cheating.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Peter King clearly doesnt understand...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/25/...dy-suspension-reinstated-appeals-court-ruling

Here’s what bothers me about the clearly legal and by-the-book 2-1 ruling by the three-judge U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit panel, which reinstates the four-game suspension of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady stemming from the Deflategate scandal:

Four respected American jurists have now ruled on NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s discipline of Brady and the Patriots. It’s tied. Two have sides with Goodell (Second Circuit judges Denny Chin and Barrington Parker, Jr.) and two have sided against Goodell (Chief judge Robert Katzmann of the Second Circuit and Richard Berman, the judge from appeals court who originally set aside Goodell’s discipline last summer). So it’s 2-2. And the tie goes to the commissioner.

it's not a tie. the commissioner's ruling was upheld.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
it's NOT the fact that the footballs were deflated.

the suspension was because Brady didn't fully cooperate. he destroyed evidence. THAT is why he was suspended.

Spike

Reaction score
Cg9xQmOWUAEdb1D.jpg

Cg7dW25W4AAY9ij.jpg

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I still maintain that having one of the top five players in the league playing last year when he shouldn't have casts a shadow over the entire results of the season. He played 4 games that he shouldn't and certainly affected the record of those four teams that the Pats won all four. If we are going to be concerned about deflated footballs affecting the outcome of games, how about the guy throwing them. And it is all on the NFLPA.

Reaction score
The entire media is on Tom's side. I was watching "his and hers" on ESPN2 and those two bobble heads were talking like Tom Brady was Richard Kimble.

Some of this can be chalked up to the media's slurping QBs, and Tom Brady specifically. Some of it certainly goes back to Ray Rice, and the PC element wanting to punish Goodell further for that incident. But I think it's largely people trying to take the "popular" side of this topic. There is a consensus within the media that Brady was railroaded, and the players have sided with him. Not because they think he's innocent, but for the larger issue of curbing Goodell's power.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Problem is that they are cherry picking when the commissioner should have his power curbed. When it was unpopular and boorish acting Ben Roethlisberger. Things like innocent until proven guilty got thrown out the window. The NFLPA did nothing to step in then. The media certainly isn't even going back to that now as an example of Goodell overstepping. What every last Brady/ Pats apologist needs to accept is that you cannot separate Spygate and Deflategate. When spygate happened, Goodell took it for them. but whatever you think of Goodell, you better realize he isn't stupid. He told them, NO MORE PROBLEMS. Probably the same way he told Ben after the first incident NO MORE PROBLEMS. And coincidentally they got about the same punishment. Live with it. And while your at it. Brady, you are a good player. Just play. Belichek, you are a good coach. Just coach.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Brady appealing

NFL on ESPN Retweeted
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago
Tom Brady not ready to accept court ruling today - far from it, per sources. Mulling options with legal team. But this is not yet over.

Oooohh...Tommy's pissed. Gonna bawl out some 3rd stringers.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
that's true, but their division has picked up some.
Miami isn't a .300 team anymore
Jets and Buffalo have good, strong defenses while their offenses resemble chinese fire drills less and less. well, for Buffalo. Jets are still a mess.

I hear ya, but 2010 was the last year that another team, other than the Pats, made the playoffs from that 1 team entry division.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Look, I hate Godell, like REALLY HATE GODell. I look for any reason to get rid of that POS that is softening the game I love, while at the same time, enacting no real equipment changes to protect his players. But he is dead right in this instance, and Supe mentioned it perfectly.

The reason why the suspension is so egregious, isn't because Brady cheated, it's because he didn't cooperate with the investigation and destroyed evidence that would have exonerated him if he was innocent. Destroying his cell phone on the day he was called into the league office, though not illegal, was the biggest indication to me that Brady had information on his phone that would have clearly shown complicancy. Innocent men don't trash a cell phone the day they meet with the league without knowing exactly what they're doing.

P

POP

I sent him a nice PM. I'm sure he won't respond like every other time I've sent him one.

That's a ******* lie and you ******* know it. When someone resorts to lying, it is quite revealing that they possess tainted character.

liar.jpg

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Oooohh...Tommy's pissed. Gonna bawl out some 3rd stringers.
All I know is that he has two outs as far as I know. An injunction. Extremely unlikely when an appellant court has ruled. The Supreme Court. And if the Supreme court takes this case, that will be one of the many signs of the apocalypse that currently surround us.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't expect any smart analysis from ESPN. They no longer hire the best and brightest. Over the last few years they have decided to become "diverse". That's all well and good so long as those quota hires also happen to be good, but most aren't. They check that box of hey we have black woman doing analysis, but in reality Jamele Hill is an idiot who has never had anything close to a smart or unique opinion.

It's just an echo chamber where the narrative is pre-approved and the "arguments" are just about the degree of how much they agree with that narrative.

ESPN just fired Curt Schilling the other day because he spoke out (on his personal twitter and not on air) about how stupid it is to allow men to use the women's bathroom just because they say they consider themselves a woman. That is an opinion that i would bet a huge majority of people agree with. But it is not politically correct so ESPN will not allow it on their air.

It sucks that if you are a sports fan, you are forced to watch ESPN to some degree because they have the rights to most of the major events.

ESPN seems to get worse every day. Their radio used to be OK, but even that now is terrible. Aside from Rusillo and Kannell whose show is still mostly about sports, the rest seem more interested in social justice.

doggfather69

Forefather
Reaction score
IMG_20101129_155004.jpgIMG_20101129_155004.jpg
Don't make me come find you spank rag

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Enough already.

Pop, I have something for you!

participation.jpg