• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ATL favored by 3

A. Since this game was announced, the Steelers have been underdogs, right? Why would anyone think that would change now?

B. The Falcons were well thought of last year... of the preseason predictions I looked up last season, the vast majority picked them to finish first or second in their division...
then they made several signings and trades this offseason that has a lot of pundits flocking to their bandwagon..,
Over on NFL.com's predictions for 24, 20 of 28 experts picked them as division champs

C. If the Falcons are the odds on expected division champs, and the Steelers are playing them in Atlanta, and HFA is considered a 3 point advantage in point spreads, then right now Vegas views the Steelers as equals to the Falcons, who again are expected to win their division
So the experts are saying we’d be legitimate contenders in the worst division in football, equals to their best

Its a start 🤣

I have tested his hypothesis and verify it's accuracy

iu

Science doesn't lie....Steelers by 10

Van Jefferson will be a surprisingly good WR this year.

Wilson will be solid and throw 24+ TDs

Tomlin will screw up challenges

Dan Moore will be out most consistent OLine

Random thoughts

Randomly approve of this message…..

Salute the nation

I like fruit punch flavored kool-aid. What is yours?
If you read more then two of my posts pretty much sure you know I don't drink the Tomlin Kool Aid. He is back for at least another three seasons. There is a difference between being critical and every goddamn post. There is no complaint box I can write in to get the man fired. All I can do is hope the team gets better and note some of the issues. Lloyd goes far far beyond that. It's just annoying.

If you read more then two of my posts pretty much sure you know I don't drink the Tomlin Kool Aid. He is back for at least another three seasons. There is a difference between being critical and every goddamn post. There is no complaint box I can write in to get the man fired. All I can do is hope the team gets better and note some of the issues. Lloyd goes far far beyond that. It's just annoying.
Wright gets annoyed at responses to Lloyd in doing so he should understand that people get tired of post to post thread to thread centered around coaches tired Tomlin take.

Most here would love a HC reboot we are stuck with it.

I don’t get to change coochLloyd’s approach to garbaging up Steelernation so in the process nobody will change my approach to being critical of him.

I think that is a fair approach. What is good for the goose…

Maybe they’ll be fortunate enough to miss the divisional starting QBs again down the stretch so they can put an another desperation run to above .500 in again😎😎😎😎😎winning
You never know, Tomlin is sure lucky. Burrow being out, Balt. resting its starters (including it's MVP QB), Steeler getting to play Watson for Cleveland.:giggle:

If you don't have the discipline (like your favorite coach), you can incorporate something called "the ignore button" found when you click on a posters name. It's there, I use it. Simply click on my name and it can be found on the drop down menu, and click on the "ignore" button. There, the annoyance is then handled, you will never see another post of mine. It really does work. No one will sneak into your house and force you to read my posts, under the threat of a gunshot, ever. I promise you.

Take the Falcons -3 all the way! This Steelers team might be one of the worst this Millenium! A big REVENGE game for the Falcons. Cousins & BiJan Robinson should be able to do just enough to edge out the Steelers in the season opener! Sorry I have zero confidence in this Steelers offense! This season could be the worst Steelers offense since 1998 with Ray Sherman! Yes they are that bad!

Reactions: xjx
If you don't have the discipline (like your favorite coach), you can incorporate something called "the ignore button" found when you click on a posters name. It's there, I use it. Simply click on my name and it can be found on the drop down menu, and click on the "ignore" button. There, the annoyance is then handled, you will never see another post of mine. It really does work. No one will sneak into your house and force you to read my posts, under the threat of a gunshot, ever. I promise you.
Noted

Wright gets annoyed at responses to Lloyd in doing so he should understand that people get tired of post to post thread to thread centered around coaches tired Tomlin take.

I don’t get to change coochLloyd’s approach to garbaging up Steelernation so in the process nobody will change my approach to being critical of him.

I think me and you are lock step. I'd like a new HC. I'm not the GM. I'm critical of individual decisions by the HC and the front office in general. However, I do not value being correct over the team success. I'd love to eat my words about Tomlin and have him deliver another SB. Doubt it happens. Will probably end in a colossal waste of years before they finally realize. Doesn't mean I don't hope I'm wrong.

Cooch, you make personal comments on so many posts because you cannot rid yourself of Tomlin-hate long enough to say nothing or simply respond to another posters point about a non-Tomlin topic.

You have similarly posted, for many, many years, in threads just garbaging up decent discussions, and even frustrating good posters, like TMC, into leaving SN.

Part of me wants a trainwreck of a year to be in position to draft a top QB next year. But on Gamr day that changes to hoping for wins.
Man I am glad I am not the only one fighting with this right now.

One side of my heart says please finish with a 2-15 season so we can get our next Big Ben, along with a shut down corner or another stud wide out. but the other side of my heart says I would not be able to physically or mentally handle fifteen loses That I would have a stroke or heart attack.

After all of these years with Tomlin.....Lloyd's response seems reasonable. No? Just because ownership keeps extending Tomlin does not mean that the fan base has to join in the enthusiasm the ownership wants.
I understand Tomlin is here. We have zero control over it. My enthusiasm for every season diminishes more and more with every passing season because Tomlin simply doesn't learn from his own failures.
So bravo to Lloyd. He speaks the truth(repeatedly at times). In a time when others want to cherry coat everything.
Until Tomlin shows he can change. Learn from his prior mistakes of years past I have zero issue with anyone stating Tomlin's failures... over and over and over again!!!!
You and the all the others that hate on Lloyd...keep drinking the Tomlin kool-aid if you want. Or simply ignore what Lloyd posts. Some here don't have any issues with them(repetitive ly as they maybe at times).

Of course this could be the year we put everything together and win number 7 under Tomlin's direction. Go Tomlin and the Steelers. Rah rah rah!!!!! I have the faith. My favorite kool-aid flavor is fruit punch. What is yours? Anyone?
Of Course Rooney would be happy if all Steeler fans complied with what he publically puts out there. He can repeat, ad nauseum, about how Tomlin has never had a losing season, etc. I guess that is the "new standard" the Steelers are judged by: just don't have a losing season, playoff victories need not apply. You are not needed here (not for 7-10 years any way).

If you choose to cheerlead for any Rooney protocol, feel free. Not so long ago, that included cheering on Kenny Pickett, who just as lately as the end of the 2023 season, Art II was STILL endorsing as the starting QB here. Rooney said. “We still feel good about Kenny Pickett and his future..." said at the end of January of 2024. But, Lord have mercy, someone stepped up (Kahn?) and convinced Art II that they may need to take off the Kenny blinders and truly be open to a real QB competition. Hence the Wilson and, soon-to-follow up, Fields trade, and the merciful end to the Picket era. I sincerely doubt that came from Tomlin.

And what you bring up on Tomlin is so very, very true: He is incapable of learning from his errors. He just keeps plowing forward repeating the same mistakes over and over again. He used to have Ben and LeBeau to shield him from having to deal with the lack of learning, but no longer. As many of us had forewarned, he is listless without his Hall of Famer QB to save him. As Mike virtually ignores the offensive side of the ball and invests heavily on the D (the most expensive D in the NFL for how many years now?), his antiquated, outdated gameplan simply no longer works in today's NFL. And his "run the ball" game plan is somehow unattainable. Ever since Munch, Art has been pounding his desk for an OL and rushing game, year after year. But what has Shades come up with? Our OL has been crap for 4 years now. Once year I can understand, but 4? And you really shouldn't even have it decompose for even 1 year if you are smart.

Van Jefferson will be a surprisingly good WR this year.

Random thoughts
BRAND NEW #2's are made by opportunity...Dude will get targets...He's got sticky hands...

HE WILL GET HIS....

I get it. I really do. What you need to realize along with the rest of your group is that some on here get tired of you all taking over entire threads attacking Lloyd with your responses. Keep it all football. Is that too much to ask? I am thinking it is.

Take the Falcons -3 all the way! This Steelers team might be one of the worst this Millenium! A big REVENGE game for the Falcons. Cousins & BiJan Robinson should be able to do just enough to edge out the Steelers in the season opener! Sorry I have zero confidence in this Steelers offense! This season could be the worst Steelers offense since 1998 with Ray Sherman! Yes they are that bad!
Wow, that passing game WAS bad, 11 TDs, 18 ints. Our rushing game had Bettis (over 1,000 yards) and a decent OL (Wolford, Faneca, Dirt, Stai, Stephens). Hawkins and Charles Johnson not the strongest WR unit around. D had some skill with Roye, Steed, Henry, Gildon, Kirkland, Holmes, Lake, Flowers and Perry. Yea, but that offense wasn't gonna scare anyone.

Last edited:
Of Course Rooney would be happy if all Steeler fans complied with what he publically puts out there. He can repeat, ad nauseum, about how Tomlin has never had a losing season, etc. I guess that is the "new standard" the Steelers are judged by: just don't have a losing season, playoff victories need not apply. You are not needed here (not for 7-10 years any way).

If you choose to cheerlead for any Rooney protocol, feel free. Not so long ago, that included cheering on Kenny Pickett, who just as lately as the end of the 2023 season, Art II was STILL endorsing as the starting QB here. Rooney said. “We still feel good about Kenny Pickett and his future..." said at the end of January of 2024. But, Lord have mercy, someone stepped up (Kahn?) and convinced Art II that they may need to take off the Kenny blinders and truly be open to a real QB competition. Hence the Wilson and, soon-to-follow up, Fields trade, and the merciful end to the Picket era. I sincerely doubt that came from Tomlin.

And what you bring up on Tomlin is so very, very true: He is incapable of learning from his errors. He just keeps plowing forward repeating the same mistakes over and over again. He used to have Ben and LeBeau to shield him from having to deal with the lack of learning, but no longer. As many of us had forewarned, he is listless without his Hall of Famer QB to save him. As Mike virtually ignores the offensive side of the ball and invests heavily on the D (the most expensive D in the NFL for how many years now?), his antiquated, outdated gameplan simply no longer works in today's NFL. And his "run the ball" game plan is somehow unattainable. Ever since Munch, Art has been pounding his desk for an OL and rushing game, year after year. But what has Shades come up with? Our OL has been crap for 4 years now. Once year I can understand, but 4? And you really shouldn't even have it decompose for even 1 year if you are smart.
Yes. It seems the new standard is mediocracy. Sure we can go 9 and 8. Or 10 and 7...possibly make the playoffs. Unfortunately the results our the last decade in the playoffs for us is embarrassing.

Now my brother is a Raiders fan. He said he would just love for them just to make the playoffs. And that I complain to much about Tomlin.

Now he could be correct. And probably is(my complaining of Tomlin)....but unfortunately I was around when the standard was at a higher level.

Let me also note. Eventually even Chuck retired and moved on with the next chapter of his life. Bill also. Maybe it is time for Tomlin now.

Last edited:
BRAND NEW #2's are made by opportunity...Dude will get targets...He's got sticky hands...

HE WILL GET HIS....
I feel as Jefferson goes so does the offense and likely the team. If he has decent catch per target numbers. About 700 yards and 4 or 5 TDs I think they will be all right. If he gets shut down with fronts they are facing and coverage others get they are cooked.

Yes. It seems the new standard is mediocracy. Sure we can go 9 and 8. Or 10 and 7...possibly make the playoffs. Unfortunately the results our the last decade in the playoffs for us is embarrassing.

Now my brother is a Raiders fan. He said he would just love for them just to make the playoffs. And that I complain to much about Tomlin.

Now he could be correct. And probably is(my complaining of Tomlin)....but unfortunately I was around when the standard was at a higher level.

Let me also note. Eventually even Chuck retired and moved on with the next chapter of his life. Bill also. Maybe it is time for Tomlin also.
There have been teams in every sport stuck in the middle like this. I get teams who never make playoffs envying that. I would just rather avoid groundhog day every January. I can live with a couple brutal years and them building towards something. I find this well we got a chip and a chair in the playoffs to be terrible. When was the last time you saw a chip and a chair team win the SB?

I think me and you are lock step. I'd like a new HC. I'm not the GM. I'm critical of individual decisions by the HC and the front office in general. However, I do not value being correct over the team success. I'd love to eat my words about Tomlin and have him deliver another SB. Doubt it happens. Will probably end in a colossal waste of years before they finally realize. Doesn't mean I don't hope I'm wrong.
Exactly how I feel.👏

I get it. I really do. What you need to realize along with the rest of your group is that some on here get tired of you all taking over entire threads attacking Lloyd with your responses. Keep it all football. Is that too much to ask? I am thinking it is.
“keep it all football “. That is rich coming from you. Seems like you spend more time on here talking about him/her than football. Little bit of hypocrisy?

“What you need to realize “…………man oh man. 🙄🙄🙄

“keep it all football “. That is rich coming from you. Seems like you spend more time on here talking about him/her than football. Little bit of hypocrisy?

“What you need to realize “…………man oh man. 🙄🙄🙄
What the **** are you talking about?

You never know, Tomlin is sure lucky. Burrow being out, Balt. resting its starters (including it's MVP QB), Steeler getting to play Watson for Cleveland.:giggle:
The Steelers have an excellent record against the ratbirds with jackson playing

or you could not be such a ********