• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Biles bails on her teammates

These olympians never had a childhood. They were trained to be machines from an early age. That being said,”I am stepping away for my mental well being” is the new universal excuse. Sometimes legit, sometimes abused. Tough to judge, so I will not try.

How about don't go to the Olympics if you're just going to bail because you all of a sudden burned out. Someone at home right now, who just barely missed making the team is watching you piss away their dream like it's nothing.

Hopefully the marathon runners from Kenya just stop and walk the last 2 miles of the race. We may have a good chance to beat them then.

Reactions: wig
Another thing that I have heard about this is that Adderall is banned in Japan. There is a lot of speculation that many of our athletes who have “lost focus” or actually suffering from Adderall withdrawals

Another thing that I have heard about this is that Adderall is banned in Japan. There is a lot of speculation that many of our athletes who have “lost focus” or actually suffering from Adderall withdrawals

That would make sense. That stuff will give you serious focus and wire you up for sound. Amphetamines will do that. People can get rather hooked on that stuff.

Last edited:
It's a banned substance for Japanese citizens. Travelers and foreigners are allowed to still use their meds provided they are in their original container, you have a copy of your doctor's prescription, and a letter from the doctor stating what it was prescribed to treat.

It's a banned substance for Japanese citizens. Travelers and foreigners are allowed to still use their meds provided they are in their original container, you have a copy of your doctor's prescription, and a letter from the doctor stating what it was prescribed to treat.
I get the sense that most of our athletes aren't getting it via script.

Reactions: wig
I get the sense that most of our athletes aren't getting it via script.
It's a banned substance on the USADA, if it is not prescribed by a Dr. you would fail your test for PED.

Someone called out Cookie on 93.7 The Fan today regarding his newspaper column (I didn't read it) with the same argument I made on FB yesterday.
"Would you feel the same way and say the same things if Ben Roethlisberger bailed on the AFC Championship game because his head wasn't right that week?"
Boom. Mike drop.
Cookie didn't have an answer.

Last edited:
Quitting is brave. Teach your daughters: If things get difficult, it'd be brave if you to quit. Its for your own good.

Don't let anyone bully you into believing that you might be able to overcome the limitations you place on yourself. Be brave, quit.

A ceiling? Made of glass? You should just give up.

A 4 minute mile? Thats sounds really difficult. Probably safer for your mental well-being if you just didn't try it.

WTF is a 'triple-axel'?? That sounds cowardice. Be brave, don't try it.

Seriously, if she had some kind of mental issue that she couldn't overcome and caused her to quit, thats fine. She will still go down as one of the most talented and incredible gymnasts the world has seen. But she quit, in the middle of the Olympics. She quit on her team and she quit on herself.

If she can live with that, then I can live with it. If her teammates can forgive her, then I can certainly get over it.

But PLEASE, do NOT teach our children that quitting when things get difficult is 'brave'. It is in no way an act of bravery.

Remember that Billy Ocean song in the 80s, "When the going get tough, the tough quit"? Me neither.

Olympic motto:

"faster, higher, stronger—together".

Olympic values:

"Joy of Effort, Fair Play, Respect for Others; pursuit of excellence; and balance between body, will and mind. "

part of all sports is the mental roughness to do the training for the purpose of competing at the agreed upon time.

She baled on her supporters, sponsors, competitors and teammates. Sure, there is a reason, but she quit on everyone right when her contribution mattered most.

Simone Bales

Last edited:
Not sure anyone can comprehend the drive and mental toughness it takes to get to Biles level. At some point you are bound to break. Biles is not new to the pressure so seems like something must have happened. You don't get to her level being a quitter. If her mind is not right or her body is not right it could lead to severe injury or even death. I don't know if she should be praised for pulling out, but she shouldn't be raked over the coals either. She should get the benefit of the doubt though. I also believe Jordan quit in his prime right before the season one of the 3x he retired.

I also believe Jordan quit in his prime right before the season one of the 3x he retired.

He quit after the season was complete, each time.

Not sure anyone can comprehend the drive and mental toughness it takes to get to Biles level. At some point you are bound to break. Biles is not new to the pressure so seems like something must have happened. You don't get to her level being a quitter. If her mind is not right or her body is not right it could lead to severe injury or even death. I don't know if she should be praised for pulling out, but she shouldn't be raked over the coals either. She should get the benefit of the doubt though. I also believe Jordan quit in his prime right before the season one of the 3x he retired.

I'm here as well. She didn't badmouth her country or it's symbol. She quit. Yes, she quit on her teammates and her country, but it's not something to be completely vilified over IMO. I know it looks pretty bad but I can't pretend to know all of the circumstances, or how dangerous it is to be a gymnast and not have your mind right. I just don't think she should be made into some courageous person - or a villain. I actually think that with everything else going on in this country, this is pretty small potatoes.

This whole situation with Biles reminds me of this scene.

"It's not good. It doesn't look good" before disengaging.

I'm here as well. She didn't badmouth her country or it's symbol. She quit. Yes, she quit on her teammates and her country, but it's not something to be completely vilified over IMO. I know it looks pretty bad but I can't pretend to know all of the circumstances, or how dangerous it is to be a gymnast and not have your mind right. I just don't think she should be made into some courageous person - or a villain. I actually think that with everything else going on in this country, this is pretty small potatoes.
I’m learning to hold my tongue and reserve judgment until I know more. Bad timing and a bad look but the news this morning was showing videos of her in practice flopping every landing so it’s possible the team will do better without her and she knew that.

I’m learning to hold my tongue and reserve judgment until I know more. Bad timing and a bad look but the news this morning was showing videos of her in practice flopping every landing so it’s possible the team will do better without her and she knew that.

Yep. Same here. Notice that when I do rush to judgment without all the facts or context, I'm usually wrong about it. I'm sure we've all been in that position.

Floggy and Tibs are stuck in that position for perpetuity.

The only reason I was really interested in these Olympics is because I wanted to watch Simone. I've never really watched anything, or at least wasn't paying much attention, when she was participating. I'm kinda bummed. Fortunately, I have a back up plan and that is to watch men lift weights against women.

The only reason I was really interested in these Olympics is because I wanted to watch Simone. I've never really watched anything, or at least wasn't paying much attention, when she was participating. I'm kinda bummed. Fortunately, I have a back up plan and that is to watch men lift weights against women.
Women’s beach volleyball. Greatest Olympic sport ever.

Whatever the reason was that she chose not participate is hers and hers alone, she has to live with that and I don't need to know why, but hopefully she shared with her teammates.

What is complete bullshit is the media claiming the action was brave or heroic. There's nothing heroic about quitting.

So now she is going to participate in the balance beam event. I'm there won't be any pressure on her for that, what with the whole world watching to see whether she can bounce back.

Seriously, I wish her luck. It isn't her fault that a bunch of liberal sycophants tried to sell her setback as an act of bravery.

So now she is going to participate in the balance beam event. I'm there won't be any pressure on her for that, what with the whole world watching to see whether she can bounce back.

Seriously, I wish her luck. It isn't her fault that a bunch of liberal sycophants tried to sell her setback as an act of bravery.
I'm not rooting against her, but this setting up for some Agony of Defeat footage.

Well the one wo-Man(Term for the ones with dick&balls)didn't register one clean lift yesterday, so he's out already.

She probably should have retired after the last Olympics. On the good side I hear all kinds of mental health endorsement opportunities are pouring in. She's going to make more money by not competing, than competing.

So don't feel too bad for her.

Her pulling out wasn’t brave but it was extremely smart… only idiots risk their actual lives for sports and she clearly has the gymnastics version of the yips…. When your muscle memory gets ****** there sometimes is nothing you can do about it… there are hundreds of paralyzed or dead gymnasts from landing wrong on their heads …..

her having the yips and trying to complete takes a spot from another athlete and pits her at serious risk…

it’s asinine to criticize her for that…