• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Calling The SN Legal Team

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
So at this point we've all see the video of the cop in Salt Lake City arresting a nurse for refusing to draw blood on an unconcious person without a search warrant. Cop was clearing in the wrong according to everything I've read. However...the person the cop wanted to get a blood sample from was simply driving a semi-truck that the person who the cops were chasing crashed into (and was killed). Truck driver didn't do anything wrong. So why did the cop want a blood sample from him?

So at this point we've all see the video of the cop in Salt Lake City arresting a nurse for refusing to draw blood on an unconcious person without a search warrant. Cop was clearing in the wrong according to everything I've read. However...the person the cop wanted to get a blood sample from was simply driving a semi-truck that the person who the cops were chasing crashed into (and was killed). Truck driver didn't do anything wrong. So why did the cop want a blood sample from him?

The claim is it was to "protect the driver", from what I don't know. The detective was claiming something called "implied consent" which to me just sounds like a sleazy way to get around the 4th.

That law was struck down in 2016 as unconstititional so you have to have probable cause or consent to get the blood.....he had neither.

Just a case of ignorant cop, or bully /power trip cop.....not that those two things are mutually exclusive.

If I had to guess, I would say that the police officer was operating under the belief that any injury-causing accident involving a commercial motor vehicle ("CMV") within the United States and parts of Canada REQUIRES that the driver be tested for drugs and alcohol (that is correct[SUP]1[/SUP]), and that the officer's failure to administer such test under appropriate medical measures would somehow be deemed HIS fault (that part is incorrect). In other words, the officer thought that he needed to get the sample, no matter that the driver could not give his consent, and was trying to do his job.

However, the officer was apparently unaware that drivers - including CMV drivers - are free to decline to give a blood sample. The end result for refusing to give a sample is generally suspension of driving privileges and loss of the job, but drivers have that right. He thereby apparently believed (inaccurately) that the nurse was obstructing his investigation and obstructing justice.

Finally, I obviously must point out that Ron asked for contributions from the "SN Legal Team," not the "SN butt-sniffing, ***-tasting, blowhard, wanna-be ABW squad," so elfiePoloLiarTard had no business contributing.

[SUP]1[/SUP]As usual, blowhard, amateur-lawyer elfiePoloLiar is wrong about pretty much every relevant fact. Specifically, 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 382.303 REQUIRES that law enforcement administer a blood-alcohol content test to any driver operating a commercial vehicle involved in a CMV accident within the United States or designated portions of Canada. As in, REQUIRES. Further, the statute requires - once again, REQUIRES - that the test be administered under appropriate medical conditions, and since the driver was unconscious, and the law REQUIRES that the test be administered no more than 8 hours after the accident, the officer inaccurately believed that the nurse who refused to take the blood sample was thereby jeopardizing the officer's processing of the crime, including the mandatory blood test for any CMV driver involved in an injury-causing accident.

So when elfiePoloTard writes, "The claim is it was to 'protect the driver', [sic][SUP]2[/SUP] from what I don't know. The detective was claiming something called 'implied consent' which to me just sounds like a sleazy way to get around the 4th," he is completely, totally, absolutely wrong. In point of fact, the officer was REQUIRED to take a blood sample from the truck driver, but cannot FORCE the driver to provide the sample. If the driver is conscious and refuses to provide the sample, he is going to face the consequences, usually loss of driving privileges.

Thus, when elfPoloTard writes, "Just a case of ignorant cop, or bully /power trip cop," as usual - she is completely ******* wrong.

COMPLETELY ... ******* ... WRONG. 49 CFR 382.303

[SUP]2[/SUP] Periods and commas go INSIDE the quotation mark, elfiePoloTard, you blithering idiot.

This is so much easier if Elftard is on your ignore list.

But clearly, the officer involved, and lieutenant needed a refresher course on protocol. Shouldn't have turned out the way it did, and I have no problem if they have to move on with their life's work.

Last edited:
In other cop news, I got pulled over a couple days ago for speeding and rolling through a stop sign. ( The HORROR!). I was in my neighborhood, only a quarter mile from my house. I have a license plate that supports the police. He showed me some professional courtesy and let me go with a verbal warning. *fist pump*

I don't know law or the rules of the hospital. All I know is that shitbag cop treated a nurse, following the rules and code of her job, calmly and professionally, like a street thug that just got caught selling crack to first graders. Power tripping ******* that needs to be busted down to cleaning the toilets in the jail cells.

In other cop news, I got pulled over a couple days ago for speeding and rolling through a stop sign. ( The HORROR!). I was in my neighborhood, only a quarter mile from my house. I have a license plate that supports the police. He showed me some professional courtesy and let me go with a verbal warning. *fist pump*

We're you verbally abusive to the officer, not answer his questions, not follow his instructions and or wave a gun around? Next time you should try it and see where it leads.

Bullshit, you showed him your White Privilege card, didn't you ?

Bullshit, you showed him your White Privilege card, didn't you ?

giphy.gif

If I had to guess, I would say that the police officer was operating under the belief that any injury-causing accident involving a commercial motor vehicle ("CMV") within the United States and parts of Canada REQUIRES that the driver be tested for drugs and alcohol (that is correct[SUP]1[/SUP]), and that the officer's failure to administer such test under appropriate medical measures would somehow be deemed HIS fault (that part is incorrect). In other words, the officer thought that he needed to get the sample, no matter that the driver could not give his consent, and was trying to do his job.

However, the officer was apparently unaware that drivers - including CMV drivers - are free to decline to give a blood sample. The end result for refusing to give a sample is generally suspension of driving privileges and loss of the job, but drivers have that right. He thereby apparently believed (inaccurately) that the nurse was obstructing his investigation and obstructing justice.

Finally, I obviously must point out that Ron asked for contributions from the "SN Legal Team," not the "SN butt-sniffing, ***-tasting, blowhard, wanna-be ABW squad," so elfiePoloLiarTard had no business contributing.

[SUP]1[/SUP]As usual, blowhard, amateur-lawyer elfiePoloLiar is wrong about pretty much every relevant fact. Specifically, 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 382.303 REQUIRES that law enforcement administer a blood-alcohol content test to any driver operating a commercial vehicle involved in a CMV accident within the United States or designated portions of Canada. As in, REQUIRES. Further, the statute requires - once again, REQUIRES - that the test be administered under appropriate medical conditions, and since the driver was unconscious, and the law REQUIRES that the test be administered no more than 8 hours after the accident, the officer inaccurately believed that the nurse who refused to take the blood sample was thereby jeopardizing the officer's processing of the crime, including the mandatory blood test for any CMV driver involved in an injury-causing accident.

So when elfiePoloTard writes, "The claim is it was to 'protect the driver', [sic][SUP]2[/SUP] from what I don't know. The detective was claiming something called 'implied consent' which to me just sounds like a sleazy way to get around the 4th," he is completely, totally, absolutely wrong. In point of fact, the officer was REQUIRED to take a blood sample from the truck driver, but cannot FORCE the driver to provide the sample. If the driver is conscious and refuses to provide the sample, he is going to face the consequences, usually loss of driving privileges.

Thus, when elfPoloTard writes, "Just a case of ignorant cop, or bully /power trip cop," as usual - she is completely ******* wrong.

COMPLETELY ... ******* ... WRONG. 49 CFR 382.303

[SUP]2[/SUP] Periods and commas go INSIDE the quotation mark, elfiePoloTard, you blithering idiot.

First of all douche nozzle residue; I was merely stating my opinion. And as I've repeatedly told you I have no desire to join your ilk in the ambulance chasing/hood legal aid / coffee fetcher "profession". (< yes, period AFTER quotation marks)

Now on to the pointless exercise of addressing your stupidity:

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/section/382.303

From the Federal D.O.T.

Guidance for § 382.303: Post-accident testing.

Question 1: Why does the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) allow post-accident tests done by Federal, State or local law enforcement agencies to substitute for a §382.303 test even though the FHWA does not allow a Federal, State or local law enforcement agency test to substitute for a pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, return-to-duty, or follow-up test? Will such substitutions be allowed in the future?

Guidance:

A highway accident is generally investigated by a Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency that may determine that probable cause exists to conduct alcohol or controlled substances testing of a surviving driver. The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) believes that testing done by such agencies will be done to document an investigation for a charge of driving under the influence of a substance and should be allowed to substitute for a FHWA-required test. The FHWA expects this provision to be used rarely.

What kind of lawyer but; a washed up, alcoholic, ambulance chasing, grocery store tampon fetcher for the girl paralegals at the hood legal aid office, MORON, is incapable of comprehending that THE U.S. CONSTITUTION IS THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND? Could his handle be....ahhhhh......STEELTIME? The scumbag cop here had NO probable cause, hell he had NO reasonable suspicion!

Steeltime is now exposed...he is NOT a lawyer. Hell, I seriously doubt he could handle the tampon fetching and toner replacing/toilet scrubbing for the paralegal girls. Not knowing that a federal regulation does not trump the 4th is like a plumber not knowing what a monkey wrench is......EXPOSED.

How in the hell does anyone; even someone NOT posing as a lawyer on the internet, believe that police have a right to conduct a search without probable cause or consent? There was no reason for the cop to draw blood NONE. Again just another bully/power trip/ tiny penis/ douchebag...yes like Steeltime, only stupider if anyone can believe that is possible.

He wanted to be on the cops side though because he is a CONservative, and so inherently a fascist.
Like I have always said on this board ' CONservatism is incompatible with liberty.'

Speaking of fascism you grammar Nazi: do you know what logical punctuation is? Of course you don't...of course not. Probably because you haven't been to school since the 1950's, and you were unaware that usage in that context is FLEXIBLE. The only reason periods and commas are put inside quotation marks is because typeset from the 1800's had smaller cast pieces for commas and periods. The quotation mark pieces were the same size as letters, so they were used on the outside to keep the periods and commas from moving. It was made a "rule" even though it's logically inconsistent(just like you).

So, again it makes sense that your understanding of ANYTHING would be based on 19th century knowledge....you are a CONservative.

Last edited:

If you were black your family might be planning your funeral as we speak.....

This is so much easier if Elftard is on your ignore list.

But clearly, the officer involved, and lieutenant needed a refresher course on protocol. Shouldn't have turned out the way it did, and I have no problem if they have to move on with their life's work.

Yes when you're an ignorant CONservative it is easier, because ignorance is bliss.

To keep within the topic matter only, I'll stay alway from the dialog after Steeltime's second paragraph. But Steeltime comments are most likely accurate in regards to the detective and his boss (the Lieutenant) rationale or motive. While the Department of Transportation for each state follows the guidelines of the US Department of Commerce and to some extent Canada's commerce laws under a North American commerce treaty, each state does have their own jurisdiction specific parameters regarding various laws. Utah's DOT (UDOT) does have specific requirements on all commercial vehicle related accidents, in which a fatality or injury was involved. However, IIRC the truck driver was seriously burned and was in a trauma burn unit at the hospital. The fleeing perpetrator died in the crash.

As the nurse explained, via that arrangement between the PD and hospital in reference to drawing blood samples, it was either through a warrant, or by the patient's own consent IF he was under arrest. Standard guidelines for most Hospital/PD arrangements for criminals who are injured and under care. The truck driver was not a person of interest or contributor to the perpetrator who died.

SCOTUS in the past has deemed any action by law enforcement to obtain blood sample without probable cause in violation of the constitution.

The mayor and Chief of Police are going to bend over backwards to smooth this over, otherwise they have a huge civil rights issue if some atty with lots of time reviews every case involving that detective and PREQUEL evidence before an arrest was made. I applaud the nurse showing significant restraint in head rushing into a lawsuit. Letting the investigation take place first to see if the Det. has abused his power in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

The HIPAA law is in play huge here. Since the driver was intubated and unable to give concent; the hospital is responsible for said patient. Law enforcement cannot just take a blood sample. That would be a HIPAA violation to everyone involved and the blood obtained can be thrown out since it was obtained illegally. If the driver was under arrest and being charged, they can obtain without a warrant.
If you are arrested for a suspected DUI and refuse the breathyliser, you can then be taken to the local emergency department by police and at that point you have no choice.

I stayed in my car. Had my hands where the cop could see them. I was polite, calm and respectful. The whole ordeal lasted maybe 4 minutes while he checked my record. Had I bolted out of my car acting all belligerent and reaching for my waistband, then yeah, I would expect to get shot and if I were the cop I would have shot me too. Civilized people don't get shot by the police during a routine stop.

Last edited:
I stayed in my car. Had my hands where the cop could see them. I was polite, calm and respectful. The whole ordeal lasted maybe 4 minutes while he checked my record. Had I bolted out of my car acting all belligerent and reaching for my waistband, then yeah, I would expect to get shot and if I were the cop I would have shot me too. Civilized people don't get shot by the police during a routine stop.

rainbow1.jpg

As an RN for 33 years and Manager of an OR, we do nothing without consent. If a patient is sedated or unconscious, we are acting as their spokesman and are "them in their absence to communicate". I was proud of that nurse, she did her job, even showed the hospital policy. I am not a legal beagle, but she did her job and was treated wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

It was clearly bad policing. Guy lost his cool when he didn't get his way and tried to power trip the situation into what he wanted to happen.

It happens. This is partly the problem with current America. With Big Brother watching everything, we see the variations in human behavior, both good and bad. I'm not going to try to make a moral judgement on the guy based on his one bad day at work. I've had bad days at work. I've lost my cool vs. a co-worker or on the phone when I look back and knew I was wrong. Luckily I didn't have it videotaped and go viral. Or maybe everyone in the world would think I'm an ******* based on 5 minutes of video.

I have said before, I give police LARGE leeway in which direction they take situations because we can't expect Police Officers to be robots and each do the exact same thing in every situation. That is an unrealistic expectation of humans and an unrealistic expectation of the profession.

This was clearly wrong. And his actions probably rise to the level of dismissal. But I'm not going to crucify the guy or make moral judgement on what he was thinking or his moral code or whether this represents his policing ability in all other situations. I think we have to be very careful as a country to always take that step based on one viral video.

I will also say the opposite is true. Some people are making this RN out to be the greatest ******* nurse ever to walk the planet and we have NO CLUE if that is the case or not based on this one situation. Again, on this day, in this situation, she made the right decision and she should be commended for that.

I'm honestly just glad no one got hurt. Nothing that happened in this video will effect anyone long term (despite the civil lawyer talk to setup a law suit). The right thing ended up happening (the blood was not taken from a unconscious patient).

As an RN for 33 years and Manager of an OR, we do nothing without consent. If a patient is sedated or unconscious, we are acting as their spokesman and are "them in their absence to communicate". I was proud of that nurse, she did her job, even showed the hospital policy. I am not a legal beagle, but she did her job and was treated wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yep, my daughter is an RN in a cardiac unit out here. She's still pissed about this.

It was clearly bad policing. Guy lost his cool when he didn't get his way and tried to power trip the situation into what he wanted to happen.

It happens. This is partly the problem with current America. With Big Brother watching everything, we see the variations in human behavior, both good and bad. I'm not going to try to make a moral judgement on the guy based on his one bad day at work. I've had bad days at work. I've lost my cool vs. a co-worker or on the phone when I look back and knew I was wrong. Luckily I didn't have it videotaped and go viral. Or maybe everyone in the world would think I'm an ******* based on 5 minutes of video.

I have said before, I give police LARGE leeway in which direction they take situations because we can't expect Police Officers to be robots and each do the exact same thing in every situation. That is an unrealistic expectation of humans and an unrealistic expectation of the profession.

This was clearly wrong. And his actions probably rise to the level of dismissal. But I'm not going to crucify the guy or make moral judgement on what he was thinking or his moral code or whether this represents his policing ability in all other situations. I think we have to be very careful as a country to always take that step based on one viral video.

I will also say the opposite is true. Some people are making this RN out to be the greatest ******* nurse ever to walk the planet and we have NO CLUE if that is the case or not based on this one situation. Again, on this day, in this situation, she made the right decision and she should be commended for that.

I'm honestly just glad no one got hurt. Nothing that happened in this video will effect anyone long term (despite the civil lawyer talk to setup a law suit). The right thing ended up happening (the blood was not taken from a unconscious patient).

Don't worry I'll go ahead and tip the scales in your weak attempt to condemn the cop yet try to still defend him.....funny how I've never seen you apply that type of "open mindedness" to anyone on the left....

This cop Payne is also a a part time ambulance driver, so after this incident there is video of him standing around telling the other cops" I wonder if this is going to affect my job at Golden State?'" (IIRC that is the name of the ambulance sevice) One of the cops says " I would think so.", or something to that effect, Payne then says something like " I have to bring people here all the time. I'll just bring the transients here and take the good patients to ________(other hospital)"

In other words he was going to punish this hospital...The guy is a power tripping, psychopathic scumbag.

It wasn't a "bad day".

Don't worry I'll go ahead and tip the scales in your weak attempt to condemn the cop yet try to still defend him.....funny how I've never seen you apply that type of "open mindedness" to anyone on the left....

This cop Payne is also a a part time ambulance driver, so after this incident there is video of him standing around telling the other cops" I wonder if this is going to affect my job at Golden State?'" (IIRC that is the name of the ambulance sevice) One of the cops says " I would think so.", or something to that effect, Payne then says something like " I have to bring people here all the time. I'll just bring the transients here and take the good patients to ________(other hospital)"

In other words he was going to punish this hospital...The guy is a power tripping, psychopathic scumbag.

It wasn't a "bad day".

Here it is in the paper:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/08/...at-bars-taking-blood-from-unconscious-victim/

As he stands in the hospital parking lot after the arrest, Payne says to another officer that he wonders how this event will affect an off-duty job transporting patients for an ambulance company.

“I’ll bring them all the transients and take good patients elsewhere,” Payne says.

First of all douche nozzle residue; I was merely stating my opinion. And as I've repeatedly told you I have no desire to join your ilk in the ambulance chasing/hood legal aid / coffee fetcher "profession". (< yes, period AFTER quotation marks)

What is the likelihood that you would be able to complete law school and pass the bar exam?

Zero. Thankfully, states have those protections in place to prevent selfish, lying scum - you - from ever representing somebody else's interests. And of course you make another basic grammatical mistake in your sentence - as I detail further, below, you're incredibly stupid.

Rule 4. Periods and commas ALWAYS go inside quotation marks.
Examples:
The sign said, "Walk." Then it said, "Don't Walk," then, "Walk," all within thirty seconds. He yelled, "Hurry up."

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 1. Let's continue.

elfiePoloLiarTard said:
Now on to the pointless exercise of addressing your stupidity:

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulation...ection/382.303

From the Federal D.O.T.

Guidance for § 382.303: Post-accident testing.

Question 1: Why does the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) allow post-accident tests done by Federal, State or local law enforcement agencies to substitute for a §382.303 test even though the FHWA does not allow a Federal, State or local law enforcement agency test to substitute for a pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, return-to-duty, or follow-up test? Will such substitutions be allowed in the future?

Guidance:

A highway accident is generally investigated by a Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency that may determine that probable cause exists to conduct alcohol or controlled substances testing of a surviving driver. The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) believes that testing done by such agencies will be done to document an investigation for a charge of driving under the influence of a substance and should be allowed to substitute for a FHWA-required test. The FHWA expects this provision to be used rarely.

What kind of lawyer but; a washed up, alcoholic, ambulance chasing, grocery store tampon fetcher for the girl paralegals at the hood legal aid office, MORON, is incapable of comprehending that THE U.S. CONSTITUTION IS THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND? Could his handle be....ahhhhh......STEELTIME? The scumbag cop here had NO probable cause, hell he had NO reasonable suspicion!

Steeltime is now exposed...he is NOT a lawyer. Hell, I seriously doubt he could handle the tampon fetching and toner replacing/toilet scrubbing for the paralegal girls. Not knowing that a federal regulation does not trump the 4th is like a plumber not knowing what a monkey wrench is......EXPOSED.

elfiePoloLiarTard, you have combined a grating, nonsensical comment with a palpable exhibition of your stupidity. I dare any person to find a comment as demonstrably idiotic, psychotic and imbecilic as elftard's idiotic comment, anywhere else on the internet. Specifically, I wrote in part:

Can you read, you ignorant cow? You stupidly ignored what I wrote and instead went on some rant. This is at least the 5th time I have pulled your pants down when you play amateur lawyer and write something incredibly stupid and wrong about the law.

Jesus Christ on a cookie, you better hope I'm a lawyer, since otherwise some other amateur lawyer wanna-be is ***-raping you on legal analysis. (I know, I know this line of thinking is hard to follow for you. Have a 3rd grader explain it.)

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 2.

elfiePoloLiarTard said:
How in the hell does anyone; even someone NOT posing as a lawyer on the internet, believe that police have a right to conduct a search without probable cause or consent? There was no reason for the cop to draw blood NONE. Again just another bully/power trip/ tiny penis/ douchebag...yes like Steeltime, only stupider if anyone can believe that is possible.

Oh, elftard, another basic grammatical error. Basic, as in I knew this rule in 3rd grade. I guess you were too busy learning "White Man Responsible for all Evil" to learn basic rules of grammar, so let me give you the instruction you should have had at age 9:

Semicolons (;) separate independent clauses. Oh, right, you don't know what an independent clause is. An independent clause is a complete sentence, with a subject and a predicate. Yes, I forgot, you don't know what a subject and a predicate are. A subject is a noun which is the actor in the sentence, and the predicate is the verb describing the action taken by or inflicted on the subject. An example:

"Steeltime is beating elfiePoloTard like she's Rodney King." "Steeltime" is the subject in this sentence, "beating" is the predicate." See how easy that is?

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 3.

I realize your pathetic education failed to instruct you on the most basic rules of grammar, but for the love of God, learn to read. Once again, here is what I ACTUALLY WROTE, you miserable cow:

... the officer's failure to administer such test under appropriate medical measures would somehow be deemed HIS fault (that part is incorrect). [¶] However, the officer was apparently unaware that drivers - including CMV drivers - are free to decline to give a blood sample. The end result for refusing to give a sample is generally suspension of driving privileges and loss of the job, but drivers have that right. He thereby apparently believed (inaccurately) that the nurse was obstructing his investigation and obstructing justice.

So, you fat, bloated, ignorant cow - I specifically pointed out, three times in the opening paragraphs, that the officer was wrong. But I know how to read, and was thus answering Ron's actual question:

So why did the cop want a blood sample from him?

So elfiePoloLiar, you (1) either failed to read or failed to understand what I wrote, and where such fault lies completely with you, you fat cow and (2) failed to read or understand the very basic question Ron asked, and that I answered. In law school, we learned the acronym, "RTFQ." That stands for "read the ******* question," elfiePoloLiar. You may wish to employ that advice, fat-***. Oh, and mix in a salad.

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 4.

elfiePoloLiarFatAss said:
He wanted to be on the cops side though because he is a CONservative, and so inherently a fascist. Like I have always said on this board ' CONservatism is incompatible with liberty.'

Siiiigh ... yet another basic grammatical error, you moron. The single quotation mark - ' - is used only to denote a quotation within a quotation. An example:

Steeltime pointed out, "When elfiePoloLiarTard stated, 'I am to stupid to be a lawyer,' she committed another embarrassing grammatical gaffe. elfiePoloTard's second grade English teacher weeps ..."

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 5.

elfiePoloLiar said:
Speaking of fascism you grammar Nazi: do you know what logical punctuation is? Of course you don't...of course not. Probably because you haven't been to school since the 1950's, and you were unaware that usage in that context is FLEXIBLE. The only reason periods and commas are put inside quotation marks is because typeset from the 1800's had smaller cast pieces for commas and periods. The quotation mark pieces were the same size as letters, so they were used on the outside to keep the periods and commas from moving. It was made a "rule" even though it's logically inconsistent(just like you).

So-called "logical punctuation" is nothing more than an excuse for those too uneducated, lazy and stupid to adhere to basic rules of grammar. And the idea that some fat cow (you) know more about "logical punctuation" than I do is comedy gold, Jerry. ee cummings was a very, very early proponent of non-standardized English, i.e., the lack of capitalization and punctuation. In college, where I earned a degree in English (not as marketable as your degree in "Da White Man Evil," no doubt), we discussed and indeed debated non-standardized English.

An English teacher I liked a lot pointed out that the rules of grammar are designed to insure uniformity of style, organization, order and case. The point of such uniformity is to guarantee precision in expression, among all who communicate in English. English does not have gender or case at all (gender) or to the extent as do Latin, Italian, German, and French (case). Languages with gender and case use declensions of the nouns and verbs to insure accuracy as to the actor, the action, descriptive terms, and the object of the action. English does not have such language tools, so to insure accuracy of message, English focuses upon the order of the nouns and clear indications of case, as far as the English language recognizes case (subjective, objective primarily).

The conclusion in my English class was that non-standard English, one aspect of which has been re-named "logical punctuation," was that those trying to justify their lack of knowledge of English rules of grammar or punctuation were merely trying to excuse their laziness and lack of knowledge. Seriously, can you imagine any other area of study trying to justify failing to follow basic rules?

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 6.

I am of course not surprised that a fat, lazy cow like you would veer towards laziness and inaccuracy in grammar and punctuation. Try to remember Dean Wormer's advice, elfiePoloTard: "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life."

elfiePoloTardFatAss said:
So, again it makes sense that your understanding of ANYTHING would be based on 19th century knowledge....you are a CONservative.

Once again, you reveal your ignorance. Every legitimate publication continues to use standardized English.

Please find a New York Times article or a Washington Post article following your "logical, i.e., fat, lazy and stupid punctuation."

Go ahead. I'll wait.

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 7.

What is the likelihood that you would be able to complete law school and pass the bar exam?

Zero. Thankfully, states have those protections in place to prevent selfish, lying scum - you - from ever representing somebody else's interests. And of course you make another basic grammatical mistake in your sentence - as I detail further, below, you're incredibly stupid.

Rule 4. Periods and commas ALWAYS go inside quotation marks.
Examples:
The sign said, "Walk." Then it said, "Don't Walk," then, "Walk," all within thirty seconds. He yelled, "Hurry up."

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 1. Let's continue.

elfiePoloLiarTard, you have combined a grating, nonsensical comment with a palpable exhibition of your stupidity. I dare any person to find a comment as demonstrably idiotic, psychotic and imbecilic as elftard's idiotic comment, anywhere else on the internet. Specifically, I wrote in part:

Can you read, you ignorant cow? You stupidly ignored what I wrote and instead went on some rant. This is at least the 5th time I have pulled your pants down when you play amateur lawyer and write something incredibly stupid and wrong about the law.

Jesus Christ on a cookie, you better hope I'm a lawyer, since otherwise some other amateur lawyer wanna-be is ***-raping you on legal analysis. (I know, I know this line of thinking is hard to follow for you. Have a 3rd grader explain it.)

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 2.

Oh, elftard, another basic grammatical error. Basic, as in I knew this rule in 3rd grade. I guess you were too busy learning "White Man Responsible for all Evil" to learn basic rules of grammar, so let me give you the instruction you should have had at age 9:

Semicolons (;) separate independent clauses. Oh, right, you don't know what an independent clause is. An independent clause is a complete sentence, with a subject and a predicate. Yes, I forgot, you don't know what a subject and a predicate are. A subject is a noun which is the actor in the sentence, and the predicate is the verb describing the action taken by or inflicted on the subject. An example:

"Steeltime is beating elfiePoloTard like she's Rodney King." "Steeltime" is the subject in this sentence, "beating" is the predicate." See how easy that is?

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 3.

I realize your pathetic education failed to instruct you on the most basic rules of grammar, but for the love of God, learn to read. Once again, here is what I ACTUALLY WROTE, you miserable cow:

So, you fat, bloated, ignorant cow - I specifically pointed out, three times in the opening paragraphs, that the officer was wrong. But I know how to read, and was thus answering Ron's actual question:

So elfiePoloLiar, you (1) either failed to read or failed to understand what I wrote, and where such fault lies completely with you, you fat cow and (2) failed to read or understand the very basic question Ron asked, and that I answered. In law school, we learned the acronym, "RTFQ." That stands for "read the ******* question," elfiePoloLiar. You may wish to employ that advice, fat-***. Oh, and mix in a salad.

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 4.

Siiiigh ... yet another basic grammatical error, you moron. The single quotation mark - ' - is used only to denote a quotation within a quotation. An example:

Steeltime pointed out, "When elfiePoloLiarTard stated, 'I am to stupid to be a lawyer,' she committed another embarrassing grammatical gaffe. elfiePoloTard's second grade English teacher weeps ..."

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 5.

So-called "logical punctuation" is nothing more than an excuse for those too uneducated, lazy and stupid to adhere to basic rules of grammar. And the idea that some fat cow (you) know more about "logical punctuation" than I do is comedy gold, Jerry. ee cummings was a very, very early proponent of non-standardized English, i.e., the lack of capitalization and punctuation. In college, where I earned a degree in English (not as marketable as your degree in "Da White Man Evil," no doubt), we discussed and indeed debated non-standardized English.

An English teacher I liked a lot pointed out that the rules of grammar are designed to insure uniformity of style, organization, order and case. The point of such uniformity is to guarantee precision in expression, among all who communicate in English. English does not have gender or case at all (gender) or to the extent as do Latin, Italian, German, and French (case). Languages with gender and case use declensions of the nouns and verbs to insure accuracy as to the actor, the action, descriptive terms, and the object of the action. English does not have such language tools, so to insure accuracy of message, English focuses upon the order of the nouns and clear indications of case, as far as the English language recognizes case (subjective, objective primarily).

The conclusion in my English class was that non-standard English, one aspect of which has been re-named "logical punctuation," was that those trying to justify their lack of knowledge of English rules of grammar or punctuation were merely trying to excuse their laziness and lack of knowledge. Seriously, can you imagine any other area of study trying to justify failing to follow basic rules?

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 6.

I am of course not surprised that a fat, lazy cow like you would veer towards laziness and inaccuracy in grammar and punctuation. Try to remember Dean Wormer's advice, elfiePoloTard: "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life."

Once again, you reveal your ignorance. Every legitimate publication continues to use standardized English.

Please find a New York Times article or a Washington Post article following your "logical, i.e., fat, lazy and stupid punctuation."

Go ahead. I'll wait.

elfiePoloLiarTard error number 7.

Pathetic....in other words par for the course with you. Well at least you addressed the probable cause.....oh wait...

19licf.jpg