• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Came back to talk some trash, then I'm gone again...

Well, I'm not going to keep going round and round on all this. I find all of this lumping of people by their racial characteristics into one group to be sad, and yes, if you're honest with yourselves, racist. All black women are not the same. All Asian and Hispanic women are not the same. Just like all white women are not the same. They don't look the same, act the same, none of it. To assume that they can all be lumped onto one group that you can reject as unattractive is to me, inherently racist. That's my opinion and I stand by it. Always kept an open mind about people, never decided in advance that I was attracted to someone or not attracted to them based on their ethnicity. Can't really fathom looking at the world that way.

Half mixed black women are gorgeous. Especially when they are lighter shade of black, hazel eyes. Oooh

Well, I'm not going to keep going round and round on all this. I find all of this lumping of people by their racial characteristics into one group to be sad, and yes, if you're honest with yourselves, racist. All black women are not the same. All Asian and Hispanic women are not the same. Just like all white women are not the same. They don't look the same, act the same, none of it. To assume that they can all be lumped onto one group that you can reject as unattractive is to me, inherently racist. That's my opinion and I stand by it. Always kept an open mind about people, never decided in advance that I was attracted to someone or not attracted to them based on their ethnicity. Can't really fathom looking at the world that way.

I gotcha. They are all people individually and should be judged as such. Sure there are certain customs that races have. Petty differences too(food, music). Other than that people are people. I agree

But you will be called racist for your choice.

I would never date an Asian. For all the white men that love Asian women, they do absolutely nothing for me. I find no attraction to them in the least. That is my choice, nothing more. But if I were to publicly say I wouldn't date a black woman, I'd be labeled racist. Funny, that.

"Would you care for some liver pate sir?"

"No thanks, I don't like liver."

"Racist."

"What??!??"

Yes, rejecting liver pate is exactly the same as rejecting an entire race of human beings as being less desirable. Ok.

I gotcha. They are all people individually and should be judged as such. Sure there are certain customs that races have. Petty differences too(food, music). Other than that people are people. I agree

Yes, and it's fine to say "I don't like rap music" but to say "I would never date a black woman because they all like rap music" is racist. Making assumptions about people based on their race is the definition of racist.

Reactions: MTC
Although I am about 90% ultra conservative in my views and agree with about 90% of the Ultra Conservative viewpoints in every subject here....this thread is a strong reminder to me why there are 10% that I will always differ on. One of those issues in that 10% is this. I'm all aboard when it comes to the view that cultures of different races lead to bad behavior and the reality that there are huge problems with the inner cities...and many of those problems stem from with the current Black culture in those inner cities. However, when it comes to discussing the actual desirability of one race over another or lumping every person of a race together, I get a very squeamish feeling that I don't want to be lumped in with those types of views.

Some of the racial commentary tends to go a bit over the line here at times and I have groaned out loud at times when reading them. My normal thought that accompanies that groan is "This does not help to forward the ideas of Conservatives....it only feeds into the negative stereotypes of Conservatives being closed minded bigots".

Last edited:
Although I am about 90% ultra conservative in my views and agree with about 90% of the Ultra Conservative viewpoints in every subject here....this thread is a strong reminder to me why there are 10% that I will always differ on. One of those issues in that 10% is this. I'm all aboard when it comes to the view that cultures of different races lead to bad behavior and the reality that there are huge problems with the inner cities...and many of those problems stem from with the current Black culture in those inner cities. However, when it comes to discussing the actual desirability of one race over another or lumping every person of a race together, I get a very squeamish feeling that I don't want to be lumped in with those types of views. Some of the racial commentary tends to go a bit over the line here at times.

The fact that a lot of people equate conservatism with this type of thinking makes me crazy honestly.

This is one of those threads that people post in, then read back later and think: wow, I might just have dropped a few IQ points....hope no one noticed.

Yes, rejecting liver pate is exactly the same as rejecting an entire race of human beings as being less desirable. Ok.

OFTB, I'm not attracted to Asians. That does not make me racist. I've never been attracted to someone Asian. Ever. I've found many African-American women beautiful. But not an Asian. In 48 years. It's not because I told myself when I was 16 "I will never date an Asian." It's because I've never been attracted to them. That is not racist, that is taste.

I tried onions when I was little. Couldn't stand them. As I grew older, I changed. I can eat raw onions and thoroughly enjoy them. I tried liver as a kid. I've tried liver as an adult. I know, personally, I will never be able to stomach eating liver.

Much like liver pate, which I know I will never develop a taste for, I know I will never find an Asian woman visually appealing in a mating sense. That's a taste. That is NOT a rejection of an entire race of human beings. Good grief.

EDIT: OH, and like with Onions, I'd be absolutely fine with being proven wrong.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Why would they be Black as opposed to mixed race? Does being half Black negate the genetics of the white parent? I'm sure it's not your intention but when you put it like that and in that way, it's almost as if you are implying that they are "tainted" by being half Black. At least I hope that isn't your intention.

No, it's a reference to the Public Enemy song Fear of a Black Planet AND a refutation of SteelV saying that he's got white kids. No, he does not have just white kids. As you say they are "mixed race." They are not WHITE. They are also BLACK. PE's one of my favorite all time bands. Own every album. Been front row at their shows, touched Flava Flav's clock. Etc.

Fear of a Black Planet

Man, you ain't gotta worry 'bout a thing
'Bout your daughter, no, she's not my type
(But suppose she said she loved me?)
Are you afraid of the mix of black and white?
We're livin' in a land where the law say
The mixing of race makes the blood impure
She's a woman, I'm a man
By the look on your face I see ya can't stand it

*Music*

Black man, black woman, black baby
White man, white woman, white baby
White man, black woman, black baby
Black man, white woman, black baby

Man, you need to calm down, don't get mad
I don't need your sista
(But suppose she says she loves me?)
Would you still love her or would you dissmiss her?
(Hey!) What is pure? Who is pure?
Is it European state of being, I ain't sure
If the whole world was to come through peace and love
Then what would we be made of?

Excuse us for the news
You might not be amused
But did you know white comes from black
No need to be confused

Excuse us for the news
I question those accused
Why is this fear of black from white
Influence who you choose?

Man, I don't want your wife
Stop screamin' it's not the end of your life
What's wrong with some color in your family tree? (Yeah!)
I don't know
I'm just a rhyme sayer
Skins protected against the ozone layers
Breakdown, 2001
It might be best black or just brown, COUNTDOWN!

*Music*

Check it out
I've been wonderin' why
People living in fear of my shade (Of my high-top fade)
I'm not the one that's runnin' but they got me on the run
Treat me like I have a gun
All I got is genes and chromosomes
Consider me black to the bone
All I want is peace and love on this planet
Ain't how that God planned it?

Excuse us for the news
You might not be amused
But did you know white comes from black?
No need to be confused
Excuse us for the news
I question those accused
Why is this fear of black from white influence who you choose?

No, it's a reference to the Public Enemy song Fear of a Black Planet AND a refutation of SteelV saying that he's got white kids. No, he does not have just white kids. As you say they are "mixed race." They are not WHITE. They are also BLACK. PE's one of my favorite all time bands. Own every album. Been front row at their shows, touched Flava Flav's clock. Etc.

Fear of a Black Planet

Man, you ain't gotta worry 'bout a thing
'Bout your daughter, no, she's not my type
(But suppose she said she loved me?)
Are you afraid of the mix of black and white?
We're livin' in a land where the law say
The mixing of race makes the blood impure
She's a woman, I'm a man
By the look on your face I see ya can't stand it

*Music*

Man, you need to calm down, don't get mad
I don't need your sista
Would you still love her or would you dissmiss her?
(Hey!) What is pure? Who is pure?
Is it European state of being, I ain't sure
If the whole world was to come through peace and love
Then what would we be made of?

Excuse us for the news
You might not be amused
But did you know white comes from black
No need to be confused

Excuse us for the news
I question those accused
Why is this fear of black from white
Influence who you choose?

Man, I don't want your wife
Stop screamin' it's not the end of your life
What's wrong with some color in your family tree? (Yeah!)
I don't know
I'm just a rhyme sayer
Skins protected against the ozone layers
Breakdown, 2001
It might be best black or just brown, COUNTDOWN!

*Music*

Check it out
I've been wonderin' why
People living in fear of my shade (Of my high-top fade)
I'm not the one that's runnin' but they got me on the run
Treat me like I have a gun
All I got is genes and chromosomes
Consider me black to the bone
All I want is peace and love on this planet
Ain't how that God planned it?

Excuse us for the news
You might not be amused
But did you know white comes from black?
No need to be confused
Excuse us for the news
I question those accused
Why is this fear of black from white influence who you choose?

Well that is a relief I guess. Just the way you said it kinda shocked me and there wasn't any indication that you were referring to rap lyrics. Guess I just missed the reference.

Well that is a relief I guess. Just the way you said it kinda shocked me and there wasn't any indication that you were referring to rap lyrics. Guess I just missed the reference.

The embedded YouTube video of Fear of a Black planet wasn't an indication that I was referring to rap lyrics?

I could have chosen better words originally, but the point stands. His kids are no more white than they are black.

OFTB, I'm not attracted to Asians. That does not make me racist. I've never been attracted to someone Asian. Ever. I've found many African-American women beautiful. But not an Asian. In 48 years. It's not because I told myself when I was 16 "I will never date an Asian." It's because I've never been attracted to them. That is not racist, that is taste.

Saying "i'm not attracted to Asians" is saying that Asians are all the same in some way. They're not. Just because you have never personally met an Asian woman you feel attracted to doesn't make them all one homogenous group. There are millions of Asians in the world. Some of them could be the smartest, funniest, most charming, sweetest women you ever met..you're saying you'd automatically reject them because of their skin color, eye shape, whatever? Sorry, I can't accept that there isn't some inherent racism in that feeling and I cannot relate to that at all.

It's like saying "I'm not attracted to white guys". It's nonsensical. White guys come in all shapes sizes shades personalities body types and genetic variances of "whiteness". So do Asians, Hispanics and African Americans.

And please stop comparing people to food. Not liking the taste of a certain food has no relationship to rejecting human beings...people, with a myriad of varying physical, psychological and mental characteristics. Onions are onions. Asian women are individual human beings. It's demeaning and dehumanizing to liken rejecting onions to rejecting an entire race of people. You are better than that.

Saying "i'm not attracted to Asians" is saying that Asians are all the same in some way.

No it is not. It is sharing my taste, which is individual for every human being. In 48 years in life, not one time have I found myself attracted to an Asian. Odds are after 48 years, I never will be.

That makes me racist? Good Lord.

I'm not rejecting anyone. You're making this into that.

You're better than twisting this (a lack of attraction) into rejection (of an entire race).

And I'll stop comparing people to food when you stop taking my lack of attraction to an Asian woman into an all out rejection of the Asian race and calling my "taste" racist.

Last edited:
The embedded YouTube video of Fear of a Black planet wasn't an indication that I was referring to rap lyrics?

I could have chosen better words originally, but the point stands. His kids are no more white than they are black.

Yeah I missed it. To be honest my eyes automatically skip over almost all embedded links and go straight to the text in these forums.

It is sharing my taste

If your taste is based on someone's ethnicity alone, I see that the way I see it.

Just imagine how some of the people you know and love would feel to hear someone say "Oh yeah, he seems like a nice guy but I don't date black guys." If you don't think that would be deeply hurtful to someone to be evaluated on nothing else but their race I don't know what else to say to you. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

There are millions of Asians in the world. .

And none of them can drive right. I kid!

I get what Tim is saying. I'm simply not sexually attracted to gingers and I can't change that. It's not based on anything else. If you read anymore than that into it you are just wrong. Same thing with my prior comments. I don't have anything against them and I have ginger friends. I just would not choose to marry one. It wouldn't be fair to her or to me.

Having a particular taste and wants in a life partner does not make anyone racist. Even if it excludes certain people and hurts their feelings. We're not talking about friends, employees etc...

And I would never marry a ******* Hungarian either.

Last edited:
If your taste is based on someone's ethnicity alone, I see that the way I see it.

Just imagine how some of the people you know and love would feel to hear someone say "Oh yeah, he seems like a nice guy but I don't date black guys." If you don't think that would be deeply hurtful to someone to be evaluated on nothing else but their race I don't know what else to say to you. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Well then I can't change your way of thinking. Your thinking, however, doesn't make me racist. I just find your analysis to be completely off base. You twist taste and preference into racism.

I am not turned on by redheads or tall women either. What form of social misfit label do I get for for not being attracted to tall or ginger women? It certainly can't be about race.

Oh, and I don't disregard tall women or redheads. Just as I don't disregard Asians.

And none of them can drive right. I kid!

I get what Tim is saying. I'm simply not sexually attracted to gingers and I can't change that. It's not based on anything else. If you read anymore than that into it you are just wrong. Same thing with my prior comments. I don't have anything against them and I have ginger friends. I just would not choose to marry one. It wouldn't be fair to her or to me.

Having a particular taste and wants in a life partner does not make anyone racist. Even if it excludes certain people and hurts their feelings. We're not talking about friends, employees etc...

And I would never marry a ******* Hungarian either.

Oops, didn't see your post before I posted mine.

I'm confused. Why would they be Black as opposed to mixed race? Does being half Black negate the genetics of the white parent? I'm sure it's not your intention but when you put it like that and in that way, it's almost as if you are implying that they are "tainted" by being half Black. At least I hope that isn't your intention.

Everyone says Bomma is the First Black President, not the First Half Black President. Just sayin'.

FWIW, I'm not at all attracted to black or Asian women but I think most Hispanic women are hot as hell.

Half mixed black women are gorgeous. Especially when they are lighter shade of black, hazel eyes. Oooh

My second-cousin's wife is like that. She was a legit fashion model before they got married, thin and almost 6' tall. And my second-cousin is from the Italian branch of the family that's Jewish. I have an interesting family.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC
Well then I can't change your way of thinking. Your thinking, however, doesn't make me racist. I just find your analysis to be completely off base. You twist taste and preference into racism.

I am not turned on by redheads or tall women either. What form of social misfit label do I get for for not being attracted to tall or ginger women? It certainly can't be about race.

Oh, and I don't disregard tall women or redheads. Just as I don't disregard Asians.

Tall and redhead is a physical trait. All tall people are tall. All redheads are redheaded. All Asian women are....what? What exactly is it about every single Asian woman on the planet that you find unattractive?

But we tall women thank you for your lack of interest. :waving: