• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chris Rock proves there is such a thing as black privilege with his latest "joke"

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Rock proves there is such a thing as black privilege with his latest "joke"

I couldn't imagine saying something like this, despite the skin color. it's pretty ******* awful.

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...oversial-joke-in-new-netflix-special-20180222

"Here's my question," he says. "You would think that cops would occasionally shoot a white kid just to make it look good. You would think every couple of months they'd look at their dead n**** calendar and go, 'Oh my God, we're up to 16! We gotta shoot a white kid quick!'"

He then continues: "I wanna live in a world with real equality. I want to live in a world where an equal amount of white kids are shot every month. I wanna see white mothers on TV, crying, standing next to [civil rights activist] Al Sharpton, talkin' about, 'We need justice for Chad.'"

Later in the routine, the 53-year-old adds: "Whenever a cop guns down an innocent black man, they call the cop a 'bad apple'... that's a lovely name for 'murderer'."

Tasteless joke and the 'bad apple' comment is in place because some group every single police officer as a racist killers.

He's an idiot. If blacks didn't resist, flee, ram **** and basically refuse to be taken in without a life or death confrontation, they might not get shot at so damn much. Geez already.

Every time a prominent black guy excuses the culture, another white guy gives up.

Maybe he should do a routine about how when a black guy gets shot by a cop everyone in the hood saw exactly what happened, but when he is shot by the hood drug dealer, “ no one seen **** and we ain’t talkin”.

Every time a prominent black guy excuses the culture, another white guy gives up.

But...but...

101a7l.jpg

Tasteless joke and the 'bad apple' comment is in place because some group every single police officer as a racist killers.

It's kind of like when a Muslim kills in America he's called a domestic terrorist, but when it's a white guy he's a lone wolf or has/had "mental issues"

Even though the white guy almost always fits the profile of domestic terrorist: white, right wing,Christian, tons of guns.

And most terrorism by definition is committed by white males in this country.

Yeah.....that privilege.

It's kind of like when a Muslim kills in America he's called a domestic terrorist, but when it's a white guy he's a lone wolf or has/had "mental issues"

Even though the white guy almost always fits the profile of domestic terrorist: white, right wing,Christian, tons of guns.

Yeah.....that privilege.

such a seriously flawed argument you keep parroting like a brainless ********.

Who listens to Chris Rock anymore? His schtick is about 20 years old now.

Dana Loesch was killing it at CPAC saying that the MSM loves crying white mothers. Not so much crying black mothers because there’s hundreds of them in Chicago every year and they never get on the news.

Yeah.....that privilege.

giphy.gif

Dana Loesch was killing it at CPAC saying that the MSM loves crying white mothers. Not so much crying black mothers because there’s hundreds of them in Chicago every year and they never get on the news.
Oh yea why didn't he talk about kids killing each other there . Oh that would be Offensive and insensitive.
Hes an a** won't watch any of his movies see any of his stand up shows because the bottom line is like all of them in show business and sports the only thing they understand is when you take it out of the a pocket

Sent from my SM-G955U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Miss comments for you it takes ignorant human being to make a comment about killing an innocent child whether he is black white Indian green purple yellow maybe they need to shoot you and see how you feel all lives matter I don't care what color you are but you are an ignorant person to say to go ahead and kill a white child for no reason just to keep up the rate of a killings what about the white kid that shot all the white kids at the school in Florida what about that think about that one dumbass and the Columbine think about that one dumbass before you make remarks like that. I will never ever watch anything that you are in again because you are unworthy human being who doesn't care about anyone's lives. I hope they boy caught you where you can't make any more films or any more shows cuz you ain't worth watching

Sent from my Z971 using Steeler Nation mobile app

This is why I will always side with comedy over politics.

Did any of you watch the stand up? It's on Netflix, and I watched it. Rock is one of the all time greats of standup. And Tambourine is highly entertaining.

The fact that people are trying to take statements from a comedy routine and fit them into a political conversation, just doesn't work. Comedy is not politics. It never has been. Carlin has been the most political/anti-religious of any comedian ever, yet he usually got a pass. All comedians deserve that pass. They are not politicians, they are entertainers, and if you watch the routine, you will be entertained.

Did any of you watch the stand up? It's on Netflix, and I watched it. Rock is one of the all time greats of standup. And Tambourine is highly entertaining.

The fact that people are trying to take statements from a comedy routine and fit them into a political conversation, just doesn't work. Comedy is not politics. It never has been. Carlin has been the most political/anti-religious of any comedian ever, yet he usually got a pass. All comedians deserve that pass. They are not politicians, they are entertainers, and if you watch the routine, you will be entertained.

Is Jimmy Kimmel a comedian?
Is Bill Maher a comedian?
Is Steven Colbert a comedian?
I can go on and on.

The line between comedy and political commentary has become blurred as of late.
Hell, I can't even watch SNL anymore because of their incessant political babbling.

Is Jimmy Kimmel a comedian?
Is Bill Maher a comedian?
Is Steven Colbert a comedian?
I can go on and on.

The line between comedy and political commentary has become blurred as of late.
Hell, I can't even watch SNL anymore because of their incessant political babbling.

The guys you mentioned weren't doing standup routines. They are talk show hosts. The show just isn't them with their jokes. It's them, with a band, interviewing stars. Wash rinse repeat, every mon-fri, and tickets are free.

Standup routines are worked on for years to do a tour or one show. People pay money to go see them perform their material.

Standup is an art form. Being a talk show host is a job.

The guys you mentioned weren't doing standup routines. They are talk show hosts. The show just isn't them with their jokes. It's them, with a band, interviewing stars. Wash rinse repeat, every mon-fri, and tickets are free.

Standup routines are worked on for years to do a tour or one show. People pay money to go see them perform their material.

Standup is an art form. Being a talk show host is a job.

They all do a stand up monologue to start their shows. It used to be comedy, ya know, the stuff that is supposed to make you laugh. Now it is nothing more than cheap political commentary.

First let's talk about fact. The fact is police already shoot more white people than black
Next let's use our imagination to change Chris Rock's ethnicity. Now let's imagine that Chris rock is it a black guy from Brooklyn, but instead is a white guy from Dubuque Iowa. And then let's pretend that white guy from Iowa Chris rock makes a joke about police killing more black kids simply because blacks commit 80% of violent crimes. There would be gnashing of teeth, rendering of garments, wailing, and a hair pulling all through the media all about how racist it was.

Cope if you do that you may begin to understand how mind numbingly ******* stupid what you said is.

First let's talk about fact. The fact is police already shoot more white people than black
Next let's use our imagination to change Chris Rock's ethnicity. Now let's imagine that Chris rock is it a black guy from Brooklyn, but instead is a white guy from Dubuque Iowa. And then let's pretend that white guy from Iowa Chris rock makes a joke about police killing more black kids simply because blacks commit 80% of violent crimes. There would be gnashing of teeth, rendering of garments, wailing, and a hair pulling all through the media all about how racist it was.

Cope if you do that you may begin to understand how mind numbingly ******* stupid what you said is.

No. Cope understands that comedy is a combination of varying degrees of truth and irony, and likewise is to be taken with varying grains of salt. The joke example you used has truth but no irony, that’s ******* stupid.

No. Cope understands that comedy is a combination of varying degrees of truth and irony, and likewise is to be taken with varying grains of salt. The joke example you used has truth but no irony, that’s ******* stupid.

You are either as dumb as a sack of hair, or you are being willfully obtuse to say that a white comic would not face a **** storm of racism accusations for a joke similar to Chris Rock. My money is that you're a little bit of ******* both.

You are either as dumb as a sack of hair, or you are being willfully obtuse to say that a white comic would not face a **** storm of racism accusations for a joke similar to Chris Rock.

I never said that, now did I? You’re example wasn’t a joke, it had no irony or absurdity.

I’m certain Chris Rock doesn’t really want to see white kids shot by cops. FUIUCTAJ!