• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 6

even with Clifford, Penn state isnt quite on Bama's/Georgia's level.

This Penn State backup QB isn't any good and they have no chance without Clifford, but let's not pretend Penn State is in the same neighborhood as Alabama and Georgia.
I feel for the guy because he was thrown to the wolves with no running game but your backup should be better prepared than what he showed. That's on the coaches. Isn't clear what is ailing Clifford because he seemed to be walking fairly well. I didn't see the hit that put him out.

The SEC as a whole really isn't. Alabama and Georgia are a different story. Best two teams in the nation, hands down.

no no, every team is on par with Bama. When Bama wins, the whole SEC wins. MIss State would roll into Columbus and win by 50

I have no doubt with Mustipher and Clifford on the field the Lions win that game and probably by more than 7. Absolute horrible backup QB play and I don't know who's at fault for that but Roberson is no-way ready to play QB on a D1 roster. PSU has to have a better option than that.

Sucks to lose like that. Penn State was going to win by double digits. Even with the early turnovers PSU was moving the ball pretty easily. They were running hurry up quite a bit too and it was a hot night. Iowa defense would have been gassed by the end.

Penn State had 2 QBs transfer out. Their backup Will Levis is starting at Kentucky and another high recruit left as well. College only has 20 hours of practice, including meetings. Your backup QB doesn't get many reps.

Penn State may have been better off if they just took a knee on every play after Clifford went out. I honestly think they may have won if they did that. Of course you can't but it would have been close.

I think Iowa will get smoked in the Big 10 champ game. Even with 4 turnovers and the starting QB knocked out and Penn State committing like 9 false starts, it still took a TD on a blown coverage to win.

Penn State has a Bye, then they get Illinois and then Ohio State. If they could have somehow held on today, maybe Clifford could have been back by OSU and if they did lose to OSU as their first loss, they may have been able to finish with 1 loss and sneak into the playoff. Now it seems they are likely to get a second loss and be out of the playoffs. A real shame because that defense is for real and the offense is getting better each week.

Im a huge Iowa fan, but with Clifford, PSU was controlling the game. PSU defense is so damn good. Not their fault they finally broke. They were on the field a lot in the second half. Iowa was very fortunate that Clifford went out and the backup was so bad. I’ll take the W, but it wasn’t pretty.

I have no doubt with Mustipher and Clifford on the field the Lions win that game and probably by more than 7. Absolute horrible backup QB play and I don't know who's at fault for that but Roberson is no-way ready to play QB on a D1 roster. PSU has to have a better option than that.

Mustipher was a big loss too. He's their run stuffer and has been playing great this year. PSU still did a mostly good job vs the run

What was the deal with Iowa fans booing whenever a PSU guy was injured? Iowa doesn't run hurry up. What would be the point of faking injuries against a team that huddles after every play and you are up double digits? Yeah, Penn State had their all America Safety sit out a play because they were afraid you'd run the next play with 4 second left on the play clock. Then later they had their best pass rusher fake an injury and sit out too. It was good that Klatt pointed out the stupidity of that.

The farmer in me was pulling for Iowa, but it sucks that PSU lost their starting QB. Did I hear someone on College Game Day say something about Iowa's offense being ranked 100+ or something like that? I'm not sure what I heard, but they didn't exactly look formidable. Maybe PSU has a great defense.

Oh and I’m sick of them saying Nebraska won the ‘97 national championship with Michigan,the ******* coaches gave them the share because Tom Osborne was retiring
If they met on the field Michigan would have ate their lunch!

* rant over
Bwah! Horse-*******-****! That '97 Nebraska team would've steamrolled Michigan

I feel for the guy because he was thrown to the wolves with no running game but your backup should be better prepared than what he showed. That's on the coaches. Isn't clear what is ailing Clifford because he seemed to be walking fairly well. I didn't see the hit that put him out.
He got hit in the ribs as he was throwing the ball, but the hit wasnt that vicious, I assumed it was either his non-throwing arm or shoulder when he hit the turf

I think Cincy will be 3 in the next poll. Maybe 2 if Bama loses and Bama plummets all the way to 5 in the poll.

Kentucky is rolling LSU right now. We aren't accustomed to rolling anyone.

Oh and I’m sick of them saying Nebraska won the ‘97 national championship with Michigan,the ******* coaches gave them the share because Tom Osborne was retiring
If they met on the field Michigan would have ate their lunch!

* rant over

At least Michigan got a piece. Penn State didn't get **** in 94 and that team with Kerry Collins, Ki-Jana Carter, Bobby Engram and Kyle Brady would have destroyed Nebraska.

On a more positive note, Yuengling's new Hershey Chocolate Porter is delicious. The guy at the distributor recommended mixing it with SCrewball Peanut Butter whiskey to make like a Reese's PB cup.

Salt in the wound to see Penn State's backup playing so well.
I haven't paid much attention to Ky this season to be honest, but I hear he's been playing pretty well. At our fantasy football draft this year, which was opening weekend, they were saying we finally have a QB.

At least Michigan got a piece. Penn State didn't get **** in 94 and that team with Kerry Collins, Ki-Jana Carter, Bobby Engram and Kyle Brady would have destroyed Nebraska.
Now that I agree with. Was total horseshit, PSU at least deserved a chance to play in that title game vs the Huskers. And yeah, I really think that PSU offense wouldve overwhelmed Nebraska

Bama scores then gives up the KR TD yikes.....still lots of time left though

Michigan's defense has collapsed.

That was a political hatchet job to give Nebraska the championship…. And it was under the old screwed up bowl system… probably the most unfair college football decision in the modern era

That was a horrible 3rd down call by Michigan. Nobody saw that $hit coming.