• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CONFESSION TIME: What are some of your “Worst Takes” on Steeler Nation?

SteveA

Reaction score
Confession time boyzzzz....

I saw a clip of Skip Bayless 15 years ago saying that a Rookie Miami Heat Coach by the name of Eric Spoelstra would never be more than a "Water Boy" in the NBA & that Pat Riley had to come back as coach of the Heat...Then I remembered 3 weeks ago I saw Bayless call Eric Spoelstra the Best Coach Today in the NBA Bar none & hands down...

Doubt if Ole Skip would acknowledge this as his "Worst Take" ever, cause I'm sure he has a grip of em, but his comments certainly didn't age well...Seeing these two takes by Skip 15 years apart got me thinking...

What takes & comments of yours didn’t age well…

Last edited:
All my posts are pure ******* gold

except for the time I posted at the start of the season that this Jr DL would go in the top 10 of the next NFL draft

oh wait, that was solid gold also
That man hasn't took on a bet since.

Confession time boyzzzz....

I saw a clip of Skip Bayless 15 years ago saying that a Rookie Miami Heat Coach by the name of Eric Spoelstra would never be more than a "Water Boy" in the NBA & that Pat Riley had to come back as coach of the Heat...Then I remembered 3 weeks ago I saw Bayless call Eric Spoelstra the Best Coach Today in the NBA Bar none & hands down...

Doubt if Ole Skip would acknowledge this as his "Worst Take" ever, cause I'm sure he has a grip of em, but his comments certainly didn't age well

What takes & comments of yours didn’t age well…

The thread topic says the "worst takes on Steeler Nation". Did Skip Bayless post here?

I'd venture to say that most would say that Coach has had the worst takes on Steeler Nation.

My worst take was believing that Ryan Shazier would play again. I honestly believed he would.

I said Ebron was our most explosive TE in YEARS...

I believed Duck Hodges was gonna be Doug Flutie 2.0 & grab a starting job

I thought Benny Snell would be a bruising back just running through people..When a poster said we were being too high on Benny Snell...I told them to go to Snell....

The thread topic says the "worst takes on Steeler Nation". Did Skip Bayless post here?

I'd venture to say that most would say that Coach has had the worst takes on Steeler Nation.

My worst take was believing that Ryan Shazier would play again. I honestly believed he would.
We all wanted to believe that for sure. I am glad the man is walking again and can lead a semi normal life.

I think we all thought Chase Claypool was going to be a star. I was excited they hired Matt Canada initially as QB coach.
Claypool had a great RAS and a glimpse of what he could be out of the gates. I know he had a trainer in that initial time period and wonder if he canned him afterwards. Because something seems like it changed along the way...

I believe that I posted that Limas Sweed was the best WR in the draft. Better than DeSean Jackon and Jordy Nelson.

To be fair, I had no idea his brains were scrambled eggs.

The Mendenhall/Sweed picks were awesome and would lead to an explosive offense, not explosive diarrhea.
Yeah...I thought Mendenhall was gonna be great. I watched him some during his last year in college. They made the Rose Bowl so they were on around here some, and I thought he was the best player on the field in that Rose Bowl game, even with all the talent USC had. So I was all excited when they picked him.

Then, a few minutes later they interviewed him, and I had this pang of doubt...I thought oh, shiit, they drafted a Ricky Williams. He kinda had that weird vibe.

I can't believe there is no mention of Dri Archer yet. I thought for sure he would brought up by now. I mean, there was like a 400 page post dedicated to the guy.

I can't believe there is no mention of Dri Archer yet. I thought for sure he would brought up by now. I mean, there was like a 400 page post dedicated to the guy.
No one had an ounce of faith in that dog jockey

I was once upset that we didn’t draft a linebacker that had graded out with a first round grade, but was sliding down the draft board… that piece of **** was named Vontaze Burfict… i have been wrong before, just never that wrong… 🤮

We all wanted to believe that for sure. I am glad the man is walking again and can lead a semi normal life.
Wanting to believe, and believing are really not the same.
The consensus around here was that Shazier was not going to play again.

Shazier believed he was going to play again.
After reading articles about players who have had this type of injury that went on to play again...I honestly believed he would play again and maintained that you guys were full of ****. Just you wait and see! LOL