• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid, Ukraine and Taiwan

Trump — noting that Putin seized land from Georgia when George W. Bush was president and seized the Crimean peninsula when Barack Obama was president — warned Putin against a land grab on his watch.

“If you move against Ukraine while I’m president,” Trump told the Russian leader, “I will hit Moscow.” Putin scoffed, “No way,” leading Trump to say, “All those beautiful golden turrets will be blown up.”

During that same visit, Trump reportedly told Xi that any military move against Taiwan would be met with an attack on Beijing. Xi, like Putin, is said to have been stunned.

View attachment 8140

View attachment 8141

I want to see US flags flying high and mighty in moscow. That’ll be the day.

Lol. All those golden turrets will be blown up

What people need to understand is the motivation of why Putin is doing this with Ukraine. He doesn’t want to destroy them, just overturn their government and make it a puppet state.

It’s so bad there that there’s a nostalgia for the “glory days” of the Soviet Union. Stalin is viewed in a positive light by their population despite being arguably the most ruthless dictator in world history. I mean, part of the reason he even died his because he had all the doctors who could have saved him killed , so he had no one with medical knowledge to save his life. He had a man killed for being the first to stop applauding and sat down—after a lengthy applause. Immediately after his death they went through “De-Stalinization” as they tore down statues and renamed Stalingrad to Volgograd. Yet it’s so bad they are nostalgic for being a Super Power

Putin wants to reform the Soviet Union. Ukraine wasn’t going along & we promised to protect them when they surrendered their nuclear weapons. Well, Brandon ain’t doing **** because sanctions mean nothing to Putin. Biden already abandoned Afghanistan to the Taliban. Hong Kong was abandoned by UK & no one did damn thing when China went into Hong Kong.

Our culture is so worried about ******* pronouns and race-baiting and masks on 3 year olds that there is zero understanding what is happening around the world. Not caring about what happens around the world has consequences—didn’t want any part of WWI until Germany was caught trying to incite a Mexico to go to War with US & we sat by and let Nazis take over Europe while our biggest ally in the world was hanging on by a thread, until the Japanese bombed Pearl.

We effectively got attacked by China in a less overt way with their virus which was clearly cooked up in a lab. You’re just an idiot to have ever believed otherwise. But we’re so ****** up here now that we’re not even caring that enemies of U.S. are getting stronger while we glamorize a drug addict criminal who held a knife to a pregnant woman’s throat and was passing counterfeit money as a hero & burn down all our cities.

Rant done.

What people need to understand is the motivation of why Putin is doing this with Ukraine. He doesn’t want to destroy them, just overturn their government and make it a puppet state.

It’s so bad there that there’s a nostalgia for the “glory days” of the Soviet Union. Stalin is viewed in a positive light by their population despite being arguably the most ruthless dictator in world history. I mean, part of the reason he even died his because he had all the doctors who could have saved him killed , so he had no one with medical knowledge to save his life. He had a man killed for being the first to stop applauding and sat down—after a lengthy applause. Immediately after his death they went through “De-Stalinization” as they tore down statues and renamed Stalingrad to Volgograd. Yet it’s so bad they are nostalgic for being a Super Power

Putin wants to reform the Soviet Union. Ukraine wasn’t going along & we promised to protect them when they surrendered their nuclear weapons. Well, Brandon ain’t doing **** because sanctions mean nothing to Putin. Biden already abandoned Afghanistan to the Taliban. Hong Kong was abandoned by UK & no one did damn thing when China went into Hong Kong.

Our culture is so worried about ******* pronouns and race-baiting and masks on 3 year olds that there is zero understanding what is happening around the world. Not caring about what happens around the world has consequences—didn’t want any part of WWI until Germany was caught trying to incite a Mexico to go to War with US & we sat by and let Nazis take over Europe while our biggest ally in the world was hanging on by a thread, until the Japanese bombed Pearl.

We effectively got attacked by China in a less overt way with their virus which was clearly cooked up in a lab. You’re just an idiot to have ever believed otherwise. But we’re so ****** up here now that we’re not even caring that enemies of U.S. are getting stronger while we glamorize a drug addict criminal who held a knife to a pregnant woman’s throat and was passing counterfeit money as a hero & burn down all our cities.

zoolander2-absolutely-right.gif

Rant done.

200.gif

Lol.

Another liberal blaming yt
What a ******* idiot.

Do Kim Jong-un or Xi Jinping benefit from white privilege?

I’m sure this moron doesn’t think Justin Trudeau benefits though.

What a ******* idiot.

Do Kim Jong-un or Xi Jinping benefit from white privilege?

I’m sure this moron doesn’t think Justin Trudeau benefits though.
Lol. If we apply this liberal logic. I’d say they would think yes

Who wants to bet this invasion would have happened under Hillary and Putin is trying to get this done before the midterms. The administration is fine with what he is doing. Go back to Obama's got mic and having more flexibility after his reelection. Hillary would have been Obama's third term but he just had to wait it out 4 years...

The United States has not fought a war with the intent to win since WWII. We can debate why our nation fought the numerous conflicts over the past 75 years, some for a good reason (Afghanistan), some for a dubious reason (Vietnam), and some for no reason (Iraq).

The one constant in all these wars is the fact that politicians benefit. They get to look like tough guys and heroes. Hillary Clinton gets to strut around and pretend to be tough - the same bloated, obese fat-*** who can't climb a flight of stairs. A second constant in these wars is that non-combatants (including politicians) make money. Some make A LOT of money.

So the softest, weakest, most face-punchable of our population get to act tough and another group who faces literally no risk from the war make a ton of money. That's why this nation more and more fights these wars.

Armed conflict made a lot more sense when those leading the battles were the political leaders. You lead the nation or the tribe, want to start a war, and you LEAD the troops into battle? Okay, I can respect that.
To your very point—Winston Churchill was the First Lord of the Admiralty until the disaster at Gallipoli , and was forced into resignation.

Due to his status in society he could have taken another post, always been secure but never would have been in a position of authority again. Instead he joined the army and put his leadership skills to the test in arguably the bloodiest war in history.

When he re-emerged as an outspoken voice against Neville Chamberlain & his policy of appeasement towards Hitler for years, he had both the credibility and the moxy to keep Britain from falling until FDR and his ridiculously big government will save the country got bashed by McArthur enough to get his head out of his ***, that and Pearl. Gee—McArthur being right the whole time and a General who fought in WWI? What a coincidence!

Who wants to bet this invasion would have happened under Hillary and Putin is trying to get this done before the midterms. The administration is fine with what he is doing. Go back to Obama's got mic and having more flexibility after his reelection. Hillary would have been Obama's third term but he just had to wait it out 4 years...
It’s plausible

Rant done.

200.webp

Reactions: FSF
Remember when Romney and Obama were debating and Romney said Russia was one of the most dangerous threats to US and Obama foolishly said he was stuck in the 1980s?

I always blamed Romney for not having the balls to call Obama out on his bullshit when I personally know I could have. He was just weak and to his credit Obama made him look like an idiot - despite his being 100% wrong.

You know that’s when Trump targeted the Presidency and the ignorance of this country to not see how obvious the 2020 election was corrupt & stolen, we’d not be facing this issue now

Lol. If we apply this liberal logic. I’d say they would think yes
It’s the same “liberal logic” that with the aforementioned Winston Churchill, who Liberals try and teach that his great leadership was aligned with Liberal principles

Fact is that he crossed over to join Liberal party when he was younger, completely ****** up, then did what liberals don’t do. Own up to ******* up. Think Obama would have ever joined Military? Please, he was too busy picking March Madness brackets for MSESPN.

He was so conservative that once Germany was defeated he was voted out as Prime Minister (as if the fight was over — Stalin was the lesser of two evils when it came to Hitler and he was only an “ally” because Hitler invasion of Soviet Union). The following 5 years were just as critical as the years leading up to Germany invasion of Poland.

Churchill coined the term the Iron Curtain and pushed just as hard against Soviet expansion as he did to the Nazis. He wanted more collaboration with the US (Truman may have had the balls to drop 2 big ones on Japan but was a ***** in every sense of the word thereafter, including bungling up Korea). How he won re-election in 1948 despite being unpopular with his own party was because Dewey was a weak nominee. Not by coincidence that Eisenhower dominated the next two Presidential elections as people were aware of the dangers that communism and Soviet Union represented. It also why Churchill was re-elected. Those years of soft liberal leadership let Stalin get a foothold in Eastern Bloc.

Unfortunately that lost time could not be made up for—Churchill passed away before he could work with a strong leader like Eisenhower and 40 years of Cold War ensued.

Moral of the story—Liberals are a punch of bunch of soft little ******* that talk about idealistic utopias while deflecting problems and gain power off the stupidity of their constituents — leaving Conservatives to come in and be the strict parent that cleans up the mess.

Remember when Romney and Obama were debating and Romney said Russia was one of the most dangerous threats to US and Obama foolishly said he was stuck in the 1980s?

I always blamed Romney for not having the balls to call Obama out on his bullshit when I personally know I could have. He was just weak and to his credit Obama made him look like an idiot - despite his being 100% wrong.

You know that’s when Trump targeted the Presidency and the ignorance of this country to not see how obvious the 2020 election was corrupt & stolen, we’d not be facing this issue now
Romney didn’t even have the balls to tell Candy Crowley to shut her 500lb mouth when she tried to fact check him live (wrongly I might add) during the debate as a moderator.

Rant done.
Great post. I am sure the world will help Taiwan when China decides to do its thing. Unfortunately Putin is the type of guy that will live to a hundred. The only way to stop him will be a bullet by someone in mother county. And there is no doubt in my mind that he is just laughing at some of the **** being said around the world.

Now this being said.......and we understand the history part of it.....what about the future?
What is there to be done about the now? Sanctions? Boots on the ground? Just let Europe figure it out for themselves?

We all know we are just a blip in history. Does Putin want to become the next Genghis Kahn,Alexander the Great?
Does he want to be known as the guy who put the Soviet Union back together? You never know. He’s getting older,does he want to put his stamp in history? Does he give a **** about dropping the next big one?

I have to do a bit of research. If Putin were to drop dead tomorrow,who would take his place? And what type of world views does this person have. Russian domination ?

If Putin decides tomorrow to shut the big natural gas lever down that shuts down heat and cooking to 35-40 percent of Europe. 55% of Germany gas for heating,cooking comes from Russia. Interesting enough......zero to the UK. It’s all about energy. It’s shockingly high in Europe,and you know who controls the prices.

Germany is sending anti aircraft and anti tank weapons to Ukraine.
The only way to stop an aggressor is to hit them in the mouth. He needs to know his actions won't be tolerated, NATO nation or not. I honestly think our corrupt politicians are in bed with the guy and won't do anything of any substance. It's just lip service for the uninformed.

Now, I probably know the answer, perhaps it’s obvious. But I will ask anyways. When I read about the US, UK , etc, etc sending arms, tanks, ammunition etc to help Ukraine is there a price tag on this? I mean surely not, but do the countries ever actually pay for these things?

Now, I probably know the answer, perhaps it’s obvious. But I will ask anyways. When I read about the US, UK , etc, etc sending arms, tanks, ammunition etc to help Ukraine is there a price tag on this? I mean surely not, but do the countries ever actually pay for these things?
They just write it off on their taxes.