• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid, Ukraine and Taiwan

How poor is Russia compared to us? We're about 30 trillion in the hole...One of these days that credit card is going to come due and when it does, they'll be hell to pay.
I’ve been saying this for 20+ years. I banked my career path on it I thought it so much, heading up an ETF project that was based on the markets struggling due to Government not being able to sustain its spending.

It’s going to happen, sadly it won’t happen soon and it gives bs out for politicians to take

When I say poor I’m talking quality/production.
The US has been in debt for a long time. I don’t know how we get by but we do. But when it comes to military and production our **** works
We’re the reserve currency for the world and that’s how we can do it

You could’ve said that in one sentence lol.
We all know liberalism is a bad ideology
How else am I supposed to go on a rant showing how “brilliant” I am?

Great post. I am sure the world will help Taiwan when China decides to do its thing. Unfortunately Putin is the type of guy that will live to a hundred. The only way to stop him will be a bullet by someone in mother county. And there is no doubt in my mind that he is just laughing at some of the **** being said around the world.

Now this being said.......and we understand the history part of it.....what about the future?
What is there to be done about the now? Sanctions? Boots on the ground? Just let Europe figure it out for themselves?

We all know we are just a blip in history. Does Putin want to become the next Genghis Kahn,Alexander the Great?
Does he want to be known as the guy who put the Soviet Union back together? You never know. He’s getting older,does he want to put his stamp in history? Does he give a **** about dropping the next big one?

I have to do a bit of research. If Putin were to drop dead tomorrow,who would take his place? And what type of world views does this person have. Russian domination ?

If Putin decides tomorrow to shut the big natural gas lever down that shuts down heat and cooking to 35-40 percent of Europe. 55% of Germany gas for heating,cooking comes from Russia. Interesting enough......zero to the UK. It’s all about energy. It’s shockingly high in Europe,and you know who controls the prices.
Sanctions won’t do ****. If you hear that being said, just call it out for the bullshit it is.

They will ally with someone else and maneuver their way around it it like every country does.

The UN is and has always been joke. All these things that Trump called out were true - I knew it before he even ran. Media called him a liar for it and it infuriated me.

Here’s the thing about Trump. He’s an arrogant borderline narcissist *******. And I don’t give a ****. He’s so transparent about it that it’s obvious to anyone with a brain. But he’s got balls and doesn’t fear failure.

To paraphrase The Big Short—Would I buy a used car from him? **** no. But I’d sure as **** send him in to sell that car for me.

He had the balls to make the threat to not do it and you didn’t know what cards he held. Putin didn’t try him cuz he wasn’t a pushover, and Purim’s not a madman or and idiot. Biden is an embarrassment to this country and the world. He’s obviously got dementia and shouldn’t even be in office (that’s not an insult as much as it is fact) but Democrats played the destroy the US card to beat Trump and I’ll embarrass anyone in a debate about it who tries me otherwise

Putin may have put himself in a bind. If he wanted to just get the disputed territories, he could have done so easily. Biden essentially gave him permission to do it when he said they wouldn't do **** about a minor incursion. But he seems to be going after the whole country, and he has tanks rolling over civilians.

His problem is that he's getting resistance and it's not a cake walk. The big bad russian army isn't looking looking so scary. This war is televised so if he goes with brutal tactics like bombing civilians, then they have set themselves up to be outcasts.

Putin's main worry now should be that if he doesn't pull this off, he might get cancelled Epstein style by his own people.

Sanctions won’t do ****. If you hear that being said, just call it out for the bullshit it is.

They will ally with someone else and maneuver their way around it it like every country does.

The UN is and has always been joke. All these things that Trump called out were true - I knew it before he even ran. Media called him a liar for it and it infuriated me.

Here’s the thing about Trump. He’s an arrogant borderline narcissist *******. And I don’t give a ****. He’s so transparent about it that it’s obvious to anyone with a brain. But he’s got balls and doesn’t fear failure.

To paraphrase The Big Short—Would I buy a used car from him? **** no. But I’d sure as **** send him in to sell that car for me.

He had the balls to make the threat to not do it and you didn’t know what cards he held. Putin didn’t try him cuz he wasn’t a pushover, and Purim’s not a madman or and idiot. Biden is an embarrassment to this country and the world. He’s obviously got dementia and shouldn’t even be in office (that’s not an insult as much as it is fact) but Democrats played the destroy the US card to beat Trump and I’ll embarrass anyone in a debate about it who tries me otherwise
Nothing I disagree with here. But like I said. Trump isn’t president. We are in the now. I hear you about the sanctions.....but ****.......like it or not they had to look like they were doing something.

I mean.....what would you do if you were in charge right now. Do you threaten to blow up the Golden Arches in the square? Do you say what Biden said about don’t dare attack a NATO country? Do you sit back,play the waiting game. While Ukraine gets taken over? Ukraine is the second largest country in Europe.

Serious threats against Russia is a little different than threatening North Korea or Iraq. The world knows that The US is the ultimate Super Power if it decided ever to use its superior weaponry. But I am sure the Russians could inflict a **** of a lot of damage as well.

Why do I think that we will fund their rebuild?

Last edited:
Putin may have put himself in a bind. If he wanted to just get the disputed territories, he could have done so easily. Biden essentially gave him permission to do it when he said they wouldn't do **** about a minor incursion. But he seems to be going after the whole country, and he has tanks rolling over civilians.

His problem is that he's getting resistance and it's not a cake walk. The big bad russian army isn't looking looking so scary. This war is televised so if he goes with brutal tactics like bombing civilians, then they have set themselves up to be outcasts.

Putin's main worry now should be that if he doesn't pull this off, he might get cancelled Epstein style by his own people.
Not a chance. Cancel **** doesn’t exist there. That’s the pathetic lib **** here.

There—they have real problems and he’s playing right into them by - unabashedly trying to reunite the Soviet Union. They don’t give two ***** about “cancel” bullshit. We really are pathetic with that here. I’m embarrassed to hear that I almost want a foreign power to attack us to wake us up from “woke”. Even millennials here and now have no clue how much it was a concern it was nuclear war could happen and was very real. My generation lived with it. Today’s generation has zero clue because it’s been 20 years since we had an attack that hit close to home.

Don’t underestimate the 2nd rate economic power with the aggressiveness of what military can do. History proves that to be stupid

We’re the reserve currency for the world and that’s how we can do it

You and I had a debate about two years ago on this very topic. I argued that China is going to push to have the yuan replace the dollar as the world currency, and if that happens, the United States is basically done. The ONLY reason the United States can spend $1.9 trillion it DOES NOT HAVE is that the dollar is the world currency, meaning there are so many worthwhile (backed) dollars in the world's economy that the unbacked $1.9 trillion pushes inflation (no doubt), but nowhere near what would be the case if the dollar was not the world's currency. I stated that even then, spending a trillion unbacked* dollars we do not have will trigger inflation.

You believed that the world would not accept the yuan as the world currency for the reason that the Chinese government is totalitarian and secretive.

* When I refer to "unbacked" dollars, I am not referring to just backed by something like gold. I am referring to the printed money backed by increased production of goods and services that require the additional currency to reflect the additional value being produced. When Apple produces a phone that is also a computer and television, and the market wants to spend $100 billion on that product, the production of currency needs to reflect an additional $100 billion in value produced.

The same is true for every other good and service - make more cars and refrigerators in this country, need more currency to reflect the value produced. The increased currency does not cause inflation since that money simply goes to buying the additional value being produced. Inflation arises when the government simply churns out currency, without any goods or services backing up the additional money - hence, the currency is "unbacked."

Crazy ****.

How else am I supposed to go on a rant showing how “brilliant” I am?
Touché

I was not in a reading mood yesterday lol. I drink too much caffeine and am decreasing consumption and had the sickest headache

Russia’s military is looking to be fools at the moment

Crazy ****.

He's saying **** to freak out our weak kneed... Growing up we were always on alert...

He's saying **** to freak out our weak kneed... Growing up we were always on alert...

Putin won’t. He’ll lose allies. China is already urging him to stop.
I think putin is the next one die this year.