• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid, Ukraine and Taiwan

Nothing I disagree with here. But like I said. Trump isn’t president. We are in the now. I hear you about the sanctions.....but ****.......like it or not they had to look like they were doing something.

I mean.....what would you do if you were in charge right now.
Short of putting U.S. troops on the ground, we supply Ukraine with what they need to defend themselves.
As mentioned before, open the Keystone pipeline, rescind ALL EO's restricting energy exploration and development.
Supply Europe with US energy instead of Russia.
Make it as hard as possible for Putin to do business with the rest of the world by kicking them out of SWIFT.
In short make Putin the pariah he deserves to be.
Biden would rather channel Neville Chamberlain than do this, but he should.

Belarus getting involved.

Short of putting U.S. troops on the ground, we supply Ukraine with what they need to defend themselves.
As mentioned before, open the Keystone pipeline, rescind ALL EO's restricting energy exploration and development.
Supply Europe with US energy instead of Russia.
Make it as hard as possible for Putin to do business with the rest of the world by kicking them out of SWIFT.
In short make Putin the pariah he deserves to be.
Biden would rather channel Neville Chamberlain than do this, but he should.
Biden had every opportunity to cut business with Putin and cripple russia economically. It’s like we want for russia to make the military reactions.

Now here is what I find funny in all this is russia is made out to be this super power but Putin is looking rather desperate right now. He’s making nuclear threats over one country. Either he underestimated Ukraine or that big bad red army is an overrated one much like north korea tries to swing their pee pee around. Once a conventional war happens with Nato, I don’t care who is a liberal, conservative or extremist, maybe I’m biased but I feel us and our western allies will shut **** down in a heartbeat

Our culture is so worried about ******* pronouns and race-baiting and masks on 3 year olds that there is zero understanding what is happening around the world. Not caring about what happens around the world has consequences—didn’t want any part of WWI until Germany was caught trying to incite a Mexico to go to War with US & we sat by and let Nazis take over Europe while our biggest ally in the world was hanging on by a thread, until the Japanese bombed Pearl.

We effectively got attacked by China in a less overt way with their virus which was clearly cooked up in a lab. You’re just an idiot to have ever believed otherwise. But we’re so ****** up here now that we’re not even caring that enemies of U.S. are getting stronger while we glamorize a drug addict criminal who held a knife to a pregnant woman’s throat and was passing counterfeit money as a hero & burn down all our cities.

Rant done.
Bill, the highlighted part is not accurate. The US was arming both sides, pissed at Britain for its currency devaluation in '33(?) that made the Great Depression "greater". 90 years ago, the US was similar to present China, using its resources and people to supply the world with whatever was needed, including weapons and ammo. So, the US got to sit far away from the WWII conflict for 2 years, until Pearl Harbour.

I completely agree with the rest; the navel gazing SM people of the world have no clue about geopolitics, and that over-indulgence in self-gratification will have costs for generations, as very few young people actually understand how the "real world" works, especially with a respect to history and the aims of regimes in far away places.

The great news is that Covid ended Thursday, so at least some folks can get back to real problems rather than the imaginary ones foisted upon the fucktards of the world by Pfizer/Moderna and their acolytes.

Last edited:
With regard to sanctions, they sound significant, but the Russians have had decades to plan how to get around sanctions. Amazingly, not sanctioning the Russian banks that support their oil industry would seem to keep the main cashflow into Russia open like normal. That is a bizarre miss, because it is likely the most important step to stem $$$ into Russia.....so obviously it would harm American economic interests. Read that again. Why don't folks ask which Americans and corporations most benefit from these relationships that have escaped sanctions? Who is Neville Biden backing, and why?

You and I had a debate about two years ago on this very topic. I argued that China is going to push to have the yuan replace the dollar as the world currency, and if that happens, the United States is basically done. The ONLY reason the United States can spend $1.9 trillion it DOES NOT HAVE is that the dollar is the world currency, meaning there are so many worthwhile (backed) dollars in the world's economy that the unbacked $1.9 trillion pushes inflation (no doubt), but nowhere near what would be the case if the dollar was not the world's currency. I stated that even then, spending a trillion unbacked* dollars we do not have will trigger inflation.

You believed that the world would not accept the yuan as the world currency for the reason that the Chinese government is totalitarian and secretive.

* When I refer to "unbacked" dollars, I am not referring to just backed by something like gold. I am referring to the printed money backed by increased production of goods and services that require the additional currency to reflect the additional value being produced. When Apple produces a phone that is also a computer and television, and the market wants to spend $100 billion on that product, the production of currency needs to reflect an additional $100 billion in value produced.

The same is true for every other good and service - make more cars and refrigerators in this country, need more currency to reflect the value produced. The increased currency does not cause inflation since that money simply goes to buying the additional value being produced. Inflation arises when the government simply churns out currency, without any goods or services backing up the additional money - hence, the currency is "unbacked."
I remember the debate. And I don’t think we were that far apart except that the definition of backed and unbacked currency.

10 years ago I was wait an Economic Research & Investment Firm that launched an ETF in partnership with Advisor Shares. I accepted a position whereby I would work for two companies simultaneously and they would split my resource availability— and make a long story short it was fundamentally based that the constant Quantitative Easing that kept happening was in fact having diminishing returns. In effect we were addicted to debt like a opiod. Get high off it at first but as you get more and more tolerant to it, you need more to get to the same point and eventually you get to the point where you take it not to feel good but to keep from feeling bad. I said many times the responsibilities thing to do was go through a national restructuring, but that’s hard & ppl want the “easy” solution.

I gambled on that role because if I was right I might be retired now. But it went the opposite way and the ETF closed. I was out of a job. I will never underestimate the power that the ability to create money out of nothing can fix in the short term. I also am aware of the long term unintended consequences. Many of which we are experiencing today

I’m convinced it will happen, and the US will cease to be the reserve currency. But it will happen slowly & quite frankly, I expect you and to be in the grave at that point.

With regard to the surprising strength of the Ukranian resistance or weakness of the Russian invasion force, its important to remember that this is still only the opening maneuvers. Much more to come in the bottom of the first inning. All the experts have expected the brunt to come from the north.....but Crimea is in the south, and the Russians have had 8 years to prep for launch from there, with much open space thru the vast middle of Ukraine.

China's real actions (not drivel on the lamestream news) matter bigly here.

Not a chance. Cancel **** doesn’t exist there. That’s the pathetic lib **** here.

There—they have real problems and he’s playing right into them by - unabashedly trying to reunite the Soviet Union. They don’t give two ***** about “cancel” bullshit. We really are pathetic with that here. I’m embarrassed to hear that I almost want a foreign power to attack us to wake us up from “woke”. Even millennials here and now have no clue how much it was a concern it was nuclear war could happen and was very real. My generation lived with it. Today’s generation has zero clue because it’s been 20 years since we had an attack that hit close to home.

Don’t underestimate the 2nd rate economic power with the aggressiveness of what military can do. History proves that to be stupid

I think you missed my point about cancelled Epstein style. Meaning they find him hanging in a room somewhere. Generals ultimately turned on Hitler and tried to kill him. Putin rules through strength and fear. Anybody who rules that way has enemies within the command structure and the wealthy elites who will be upset that he's messing with their money.

A crack in his image of invincibility could give those people the courage to take him out. If that happened and they withdrew under new leadership, i bet all these sanctions would go away. I guarantee there are powerful people in Russia thinking that same thing.

Belarus getting involved.

Idiots going to idiot. Not at all surprising given their alliance with Russia and how much Belarus relies on them for trade etc. Was surprised to see their military world power ranking for such a tiny population though (less than that of LA county alone):

Reactions: MTC

In his defense, we talked about me visiting in June and when I texted you recently about possibly flying in to Laramie, you were like "Am I coming to pick you up or you renting a car? And the house is a mess right now!", and I had to remind you. :ROFLMAO:

In your defense, you've had a ton going on and we didn't talk extensively about June - but any chance to dunk on you and I'll take it. :p

She apologizes for breaking down (poor thing):

Don't apologize for being a human being.

66tnjz.jpg

That President for Ukraine has earned my respect. I’m rooting for them now lol.

The fact putin is threatening to use nuclear weapons and rallying the likes of backup from belarus and chechnya makes me think his military is overrated. I was expecting a quick takeover. Those Ukrainians are some tough cookies