• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

And you know full well public education is as good as its demographics and tax base.

What is this incessant need for you to be a parrot?

I tell you you are ideologue, you try to label me one.
I address you as son, you use son.
I say "you know full well" you reply with "you know full well."

Serious question, are you that unoriginal? Nevermind...we have the answer.

Show me the poor areas in red states like West Virginia and Mississippi that have high performing public schools.

When elections roll around, you espouse the view that 5 or 6 metro areas in the nation should set the tone and rule the country. You love the urban areas then. You want the nation judged by who lives in those areas and what they want.

When we switch to education (we as a nation fail miserably in inner cities), you want to have a state by state comparison. Go figure.

I've said it before, I live in the DC metro area in one of the top educational counties in the nation. 2 or 3 others in the top 10 are neighboring counties. But when you look at 4th, 8th, 12th grade math scores as an example, MD ranks very similarly to WV.

Baltimore sucks SOOOOOO bad they bring down the whole state. Democrats have run that city for decades.

Baltimore spends over $17,000 per student.
WV just over $12,000.

Your argument fails.

Also, find me any other jurisdiction in the nation where 24 schools in the same district have NO one who is proficient in math.

If you want to keep arguing that education is top tier in NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, LA, St. Louis....I'll play.

What is this incessant need for you to be a parrot?

I tell you you are ideologue, you try to label me one.
I address you as son, you use son.
I say "you know full well" you reply with "you know full well."

Serious question, are you that unoriginal? Nevermind...we have the answer.

When elections roll around, you espouse the view that 5 or 6 metro areas in the nation should set the tone and rule the country. You love the urban areas then. You want the nation judged by who lives in those areas and what they want.

When we switch to education (we as a nation fail miserably in inner cities), you want to have a state by state comparison. Go figure.

I've said it before, I live in the DC metro area in one of the top educational counties in the nation. 2 or 3 others in the top 10 are neighboring counties. But when you look at 4th, 8th, 12th grade math scores as an example, MD ranks very similarly to WV.

Baltimore sucks SOOOOOO bad they bring down the whole state. Democrats have run that city for decades.

Baltimore spends over $17,000 per student.
WV just over $12,000.

Your argument fails.

Also, find me any other jurisdiction in the nation where 24 schools in the same district have NO one who is proficient in math.

If you want to keep arguing that education is top tier in NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, LA, St. Louis....I'll play.
Democrats have also run your county and the surrounding counties and you boast about their educational achievements.

Point?

"Even this exhaustive list could not be complete, because Pfizer could not account for the outcomes of 22 percent of participants. Pfizer does list 11,361 of the patients as “not recovered” at the time of their report. [15] This is 51.6 percent of their experimental group “not recovered” from adverse events."

Democrats have also run your county and the surrounding counties and you boast about their educational achievements.

Point?
Come on man! Even in Red States the cities are typically run by Democrats and the schools that are the worst are filled with almost nothing but Democrats. These schools on average spend way more per pupil than the better schools. In Cincinnati the only really good performing city school is, not shockingly, the one performance based entrance by application only charter school. This is the only public school the rich Democrats will send their kids to. Wonder why that is yet they fight school choice tooth and nail. IT really goes to show who the true racists/classists are. You are right when you say demographics matter but it is starkly in opposition to your whole point. Predominantly these failed schools are filled with the children of almost purely Democratic voters who live in almost purely Democratic run cities regardless of the voting proclivities of the State at large. What does that tell you? Money doesn't fix the issues and wealthy Democrats won't send their own kids to schools they themselves run.

Trog has nicely deflected a few successive posts to a different political topic.

And you know full well public education is as good as its demographics and tax base. Show me the poor areas in red states like West Virginia and Mississippi that have high performing public schools.
Education Index County Rank:

of note: The education index is an indicator of the average education level of the population. A higher education index value means more educated population.

Lets go with the top 10 for Mississippi:
1. Madison
2. Oktibbhea
3. Lafayette
4. Lamar
5. Rankin
6. Hinds
7. Forrest
8. Desoto
9. Warren
10. Jackson

From there, cross-reference, or, so as to not offend your delicate sensibilities, trans-reference those here:

Since you've proven you're incapable of clicking links provided and cross... trans-referencing, I've taken it upon myself to do that for you below. The letter after shows the Report Card score for the county's Accountability Grade:
1. Madison - A
2. Oktibbhea - B
3. Lafayette - A
4. Lamar - A
5. Rankin - A
6. Hinds - B
7. Forrest - A
8. Desoto - A
9. Warren - B
10. Jackson - A

so, since you made the distinction that you wanted the "poor" counties in the state...

County and Median household income
81. Issaquena - $21,360
82. Holmes - $21,375
74. Leflore - $22,020
76. Noxubee - $22,178
78. Claiborne - 24,150
73. Quitman - 24,169
79. Jefferson - 24,304
77. Tallahatchie - 24,668
63. Coahoma - 24,726
72. Humphreys - 25,131

Those counties and their grade on public education:
81. Issaquena - B (South Delta District)
82. Holmes - C
74. Leflore - D
76. Noxubee - D
78. Claiborne - B
73. Quitman - C
79. Jefferson - C
77. Tallahatchie - D
63. Coahoma - D
72. Humphreys - F

and now, where those "poor" counties fell on the election of 2020\

81. Issaquena - Democrat
82. Holmes - Democrat
74. Leflore - Democrat
76. Noxubee - Democrat
78. Claiborne - Democrat
73. Quitman - Democrat
79. Jefferson - Democrat
77. Tallahatchie - Democrat
63. Coahoma - Democrat
72. Humphreys - Democrat

it's been said before, it'll be said again, and it's never wrong... you absolutely suck at this.

And you know full well public education is as good as its demographics and tax base. Show me the poor areas in red states like West Virginia and Mississippi that have high performing public schools.

of note: The education index is an indicator of the average education level of the population. A higher education index value means more educated population.

1. Madison
2. Oktibbhea
3. Lafayette
4. Lamar
5. Rankin
6. Hinds
7. Forrest
8. Desoto
9. Warren
10. Jackson

From there, cross-reference, or, so as to not offend your delicate sensibilities, trans-reference those here:

Since you've proven you're incapable of clicking links provided and cross... trans-referencing, I've taken it upon myself to do that for you below. The letter after shows the Report Card score for the county's Accountability Grade:
1. Madison - A
2. Oktibbhea - B
3. Lafayette - A
4. Lamar - A
5. Rankin - A
6. Hinds - B
7. Forrest - A
8. Desoto - A
9. Warren - B
10. Jackson - A

so, since you made the distinction that you wanted the "poor" counties in the state...

81. Issaquena - $21,360
82. Holmes - $21,375
74. Leflore - $22,020
76. Noxubee - $22,178
78. Claiborne - 24,150
73. Quitman - 24,169
79. Jefferson - 24,304
63. Coahoma - 24,726
72. Humphreys - 25,131

82. Holmes - C
74. Leflore - D
76. Noxubee - D
78. Claiborne - B
73. Quitman - C
79. Jefferson - C
77. Tallahatchie - D
63. Coahoma - D
72. Humphreys - F

81. Issaquena - Democrat
82. Holmes - Democrat
74. Leflore - Democrat
76. Noxubee - Democrat
78. Claiborne - Democrat
73. Quitman - Democrat
79. Jefferson - Democrat
63. Coahoma - Democrat
72. Humphreys - Democrat

it's been said before, it'll be said again, and it's never wrong... you absolutely suck at this.

Point?

You provide an exception. An outlier. I live in a suburb.

That "point" doesn't change the facts. Education in Democrat run cities nationwide is an abject, abysmal failure. But they do lead in crime.

Back to your "states" argument. I find this interesting. Know what the least educated state in the union is?

California.

Point.

I've said previously that when I relocated across the country, the politics of the area did not affect my decision, job opportunity did.
However, when I chose to purchase a home in my adopted state, the quality of the school district was paramount in my decision.

Realizing this question will not be answered by the ideolog, I'll pose it anyway. Assuming you have children, would you not purchase a home in
the best school district that you could?

I've said previously that when I relocated across the country, the politics of the area did not affect my decision, job opportunity did.
However, when I chose to purchase a home in my adopted state, the quality of the school district was paramount in my decision.

Realizing this question will not be answered by the ideolog, I'll pose it anyway. Assuming you have children, would you not purchase a home in
more each day are choosing home schooling vs the local choices.

Wow:

City officials auctioned off nearly $225 million worth of surplus COVID-19 medical equipment and safety gear for just $500,000 — or a paltry 0.2 cents on the dollar, according to a stunning report Tuesday.

The bargain-basement sales included nearly 3,000 mechanical ventilators that cost taxpayers $12 million but were unloaded as “non-functioning medical equipment for scrap metal” at a rock-bottom price of just $24,600 on Jan. 24, according to nonprofit news website The City.

It reportedly took 28 truckloads for a Long Island junk dealer to haul off the once-scarce devices, which former Mayor Bill de Blasio had predicted would help the Big Apple “beat this crisis and prepare for the next.”

I did. I moved here because it's where my employer asked me to move. I then developed a skill set that is most sought after in this market. Honed my craft. Rented in two places, bought 3 homes. That happens.

When I bought my last home, I had an infant and one in the oven. That last move was based on education. Pure and simple.

Education drives many/most home purchases. In this area, there are "elite" among the elite school districts. I know people that have paid $1M to $1.5M for 1700 square foot homes just to have their kids in "that" educational district.

Yet the families in downtown Baltimore - run by Demoncrats, ruining education where not one kid in 24 schools in one district is proficient in math - do not have the means to even leave and find an option for their children. They are literally enslaved. Modern...day...slavery.

I weep for them.

This is why public school enrollment is dropping rapidly.

Wow:

City officials auctioned off nearly $225 million worth of surplus COVID-19 medical equipment and safety gear for just $500,000 — or a paltry 0.2 cents on the dollar, according to a stunning report Tuesday.

The bargain-basement sales included nearly 3,000 mechanical ventilators that cost taxpayers $12 million but were unloaded as “non-functioning medical equipment for scrap metal” at a rock-bottom price of just $24,600 on Jan. 24, according to nonprofit news website The City.

It reportedly took 28 truckloads for a Long Island junk dealer to haul off the once-scarce devices, which former Mayor Bill de Blasio had predicted would help the Big Apple “beat this crisis and prepare for the next.”

The government was learning. We can't fault them.

Science was evolving. Those ventilators? Science used to tell us they saved lives before we realized they killed people.

People making a profit off of all of that isn't criminal. We just didn't know then what we know now. Forgive them.

Said no rational person ever.

"Even this exhaustive list could not be complete, because Pfizer could not account for the outcomes of 22 percent of participants. Pfizer does list 11,361 of the patients as “not recovered” at the time of their report. [15] This is 51.6 percent of their experimental group “not recovered” from adverse events."
pazFsbS.jpg

1. Madison
2. Oktibbhea
3. Lafayette
4. Lamar
5. Rankin
6. Hinds
7. Forrest
8. Desoto
9. Warren
10. Jackson

1. Madison - A
2. Oktibbhea - B
3. Lafayette - A
4. Lamar - A
5. Rankin - A
6. Hinds - B
7. Forrest - A
8. Desoto - A
9. Warren - B
10. Jackson - A

81. Issaquena - $21,360
82. Holmes - $21,375
74. Leflore - $22,020
76. Noxubee - $22,178
78. Claiborne - 24,150
73. Quitman - 24,169
79. Jefferson - 24,304
63. Coahoma - 24,726
72. Humphreys - 25,131

82. Holmes - C
74. Leflore - D
76. Noxubee - D
78. Claiborne - B
73. Quitman - C
79. Jefferson - C
77. Tallahatchie - D
63. Coahoma - D
72. Humphreys - F

81. Issaquena - Democrat
82. Holmes - Democrat
74. Leflore - Democrat
76. Noxubee - Democrat
78. Claiborne - Democrat
73. Quitman - Democrat
79. Jefferson - Democrat
63. Coahoma - Democrat
72. Humphreys - Democrat

Says the guy trying to argue that Mississippi is a blue state.

You provide an exception. An outlier. I live in a suburb.

That "point" doesn't change the facts. Education in Democrat run cities nationwide is an abject, abysmal failure. But they do lead in crime.

Back to your "states" argument. I find this interesting. Know what the least educated state in the union is?

California.

Point.
What about the neighboring counties? Exceptions? Suburbs? Where the poor people don’t live? Imagine that!

Some interesting facts here about red and blue states…

To those that I perceive to have a clear and rational thought process, I'll leave this:

An encounter implies that you should never debate with a fool. If you have to, the safest option is to keep talking to yourself.

Says the guy trying to argue that Mississippi is a blue state.

He ******* obliterated your ***, and THAT is your retort?

200w.webp

You utterly, abysmally, totally and completely suck at this.

What about the neighboring counties? Exceptions? Suburbs? Where the poor people don’t live? Imagine that!

Some interesting facts here about red and blue states…

Dance Floggy....evade Floggy....divert Floggy

We aren't talking about surrounding counties. The discussion, the POINT (something you couldn't get even if it was injected in you along with your booster) is horrible education in CITIES. You're literally trying to deny this is even a problem...when it is thoroughly documented.

Poor people have always lived in urban areas. Why has education worsened over time? Education has plummeted in these (D) run cities.

They spend more $$ per student than nearly all jurisdictions.
Their scores are horrible.
They are all nearly 100% Democrat run.
You can't provide any other district with TWENTY FOUR schools having not ONE student proficient in math.

This literally was just discussed on the news....

school.jpg

What's your next evasive reply?

Last edited:
It doesn't take much money for one person to share knowledge with another person. I can teach you math or English for about $20 each.

It doesn't take much money for one person to share knowledge with another person. I can teach you math or English for about $20 each.
I can teach value and economics, for just $100. ;)

Dance Floggy....evade Floggy....divert Floggy

We aren't talking about surrounding counties. The discussion, the POINT (something you couldn't get even if it was injected in you along with your booster) is horrible education in CITIES. You're literally trying to deny this is even a problem...when it is thoroughly documented.

Poor people have always lived in urban areas. Why has education worsened over time? Education has plummeted in these (D) run cities.

They spend more $$ per student than nearly all jurisdictions.
Their scores are horrible.
They are all nearly 100% Democrat run.
You can't provide any other district with TWENTY FOUR schools having not ONE student proficient in math.

This literally was just discussed on the news....

View attachment 10547

What's your next evasive reply?
Says who? If you’ll recall, I made fun of the fact that you CHOOSE to live in a county and area run by liberals and that somehow makes the discussion about education in cities? How?

Says who?

What??? OMG LOL

If you’ll recall, I made fun of the fact that you CHOOSE to live in a county and area run by liberals and that somehow makes the discussion about education in cities? How?

You're blending two separate threads Floggy. One thread was your innacurrate reply to Steeltime's response. The other came from your weak attempts to defend your hypocritical trip to FL.

You're lost. Find your way back

1677091915087.png

You suck at this.

Not a single student can do math at grade level in 53 Illinois schools. For reading, it’s 30 schools – Wirepoints​

And they spend a TON on these kids.

Not-a-single-student-can-do-math-at-grade-level-in-53-Illinois-schools.png

Last edited: