• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

😂 you must be a wee man like Tiny Tim and Steeltime.

Meanwhile, Dr. Flogstain celebrating his triumphant return to SN after his ban....

giphy.gif

Just need to lose 10-15lbs.....

The pill as an excuse to eat like crazy is something that’s only in your mind. It’s not being marketed that way from what I can see.

Sorry, I totally disagree and that's why I posted it. Advertising targets people. They intentionally picked someone who is overweight to appeal to that market. "Take a pill, overcome your weight/diabetes with an elixir."

Meanwhile, this is Deanna ColĂłn (the actress in the Jardiance commercial) from an America's Got Talent episode from 2013, 9 years ago. She embraces her weight by the way.

1707787999298.png1707788040303.png

Sorry, I totally disagree and that's why I posted it. Advertising targets people. They intentionally picked someone who is overweight to appeal to that market. "Take a pill, overcome your weight/diabetes with an elixir."

Meanwhile, this is Deanna ColĂłn (the actress in the Jardiance commercial) from an America's Got Talent episode from 2013, 9 years ago. She embraces her weight by the way.

View attachment 12176View attachment 12177
And? She’s fat. Should they market a type two diabetes/weight loss drug with fitness models?
She seems like a pretty cool person. Far from “lazy”. Not as perfect as the Adonises here I guess… she is fat so I guess the rest of her talents are unimportant https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/of-interest/2023/10/18/jardiance-commercial-actress-trolls/

Hardly. Like I said, I could lose 10 or 15lbs. But I have a 34” waist and a 19” neck.

Dr. Flogstain:

1707795525045.jpeg

What, my destination? Blowing Rock ...

I believe I read that Dr. Flogstain had "come out" in some thread. Who cares, but that Blowing Rock makes a lot of sense for Dr. Flogstain, who lives by the credo, "It's better to give than to receive."

And? She’s fat. Should they market a type two diabetes/weight loss drug with fitness models?
She seems like a pretty cool person. Far from “lazy”. Not as perfect as the Adonises here I guess… she is fat so I guess the rest of her talents are unimportant https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/of-interest/2023/10/18/jardiance-commercial-actress-trolls/

Again you miss the point. The pharmas are marketing the drug intentionally to the obese as an elixir, an alternative to maintaining your health naturally. They (the obese) will see it as a quick fix and not address the core problem.

And the pharmas will make billions.

We are one of what, 3 countries, that allow pharmas to run commercials advertising drugs to mankind? Those commercials are very targeted for one reason - to generate revenue.

And, no doubt she is talented. But she would be better served to stand up, show herself exercising and losing weight and setting an example for self improvement instead of dancing for a pharma promoting a drug that allows her and others to continue their dangerous lifestyles. Before she dies from a heart attack.

You seem to be totally ok with over prescribing Americans with drugs. If that's your position, just say so.

Last edited:
*sigh*

I honestly don't know why I bother but here goes ...

The "red states" you cite as having a large number of obese include numerous Southern states (Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas and Oklahoma).

Guess what those states have in much greater percentage than your beloved blue states (Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts? Go ahead, you can do it ... come on now, you know the answer.

Yep, POCOTW (people of color other than white). For Oklahoma and Texas, the POCOTW are in large (no pun intended) part Hispanic. So once again, bigot, you are chastising the POCOTW. Go clean your hood, bigot.
I pointed out your nonsense and you ignored it.

West Virginia is #1 in obesity and 92% white. Canton OH and Myrtle Beach are more obese than Detroit. More black? Not by a long shot.

Who’s the bigot?

No way are you a lawyer, no way.

Oh I fully understand it. Just predictable that you list "a" cause that isn't even close to the "leading" cause of obesity in America. Nefariously selective.

Provide me evidence, any, that plots Dollar General Stores and distance from actual super markets and grocery stores. When you can establish a dirth of true food stores and that there is mass evidence of many, many areas in the country that can "only get food from dollar stores" I'll revisit your silly position.
FFS, READ the study, it’s a thing. Are you really so naive to think that a business that sells perishable food wouldn’t struggle in an area with few and far in between mostly poor residents and eventually be replaced by a business selling “food” with a long shelf life? Don’t answer that, you already have.
See above.
Exactly.

Again you miss the point. The pharmas are marketing the drug intentionally to the obese as an elixir, an alternative to maintaining your health naturally. They (the obese) will see it as a quick fix and not address the core problem.

We are one of what, 3 countries, that allow pharmas to run commercials advertising drugs to mankind? Those commercials are very targeted for one reason - to generate revenue.

And, no doubt she is talented. But she would be better served to stand up, show herself exercising and losing weight and setting an example for self improvement instead of dancing for a pharma promoting a drug that allows her and others to continue their dangerous lifestyles. Before she dies from a heart attack.

You seem to be totally ok with over prescribing Americans with drugs. If that's your position, just say so.
This IS the problem.
The USA and New Zealand are the only two countries that allow prescription drugs to be advertised.
This literally makes it to where patients call their doctors up to get a prescription for something they saw on TV.
NOT that they went to the doctor and he diagnosed them with something and prescribed it.
It reminds me of that Chris Rock bit from the mid 90s talking about this.
(Imitating a commercial) "Do you go to bed at night and wake up in the morning?"
"OH, ****! I GOT THAT! THAT'S ME!"

I pointed out your nonsense and you ignored it.

West Virginia is #1 in obesity and 92% white. Canton OH and Myrtle Beach are more obese than Detroit. More black? Not by a long shot.

Who’s the bigot?

No way are you a lawyer, no way.

Me: "Published data from the CDC prove that blacks are 34% more likely than whites to be obese."

Actual Data That Only Blithering Idiot Morons Ignore

Dr. Flogstain: "Oh yeah? I saw a white guy at Walmart and he was really fat!"

Yes, Dr. Flogstain, that accurately summarizes your argument.

Oh I am?

First of all, I don't need to know what you are blowing.

Second, having grown up in part of Appalachia, I can tell you your drive from PA to NC wasn't on dirt roads. The vast majority of it was highway.
😂 so you’re an official hillbilly and unless it’s a dirt road, it’s not Appalachia.
From Philly, it's 95% interstate.
From Harrisburg, it's 95% interstate.
Hell, even from Pittsburgh, it's 95% highway.

View attachment 12175

By all means, please go on with your expert anecdotal evidence of Dollar General stores at every stoplight and no groceries anywhere driving from PA to Blowing-whatever-you-do-in-your-spare-time.
95% kinda like Steeltime’s “directly related”. “Every stoplight, No groceries” never said that. Again, you lose an argument, so you change the argument.

Here, Floggy, given your astonishingly limited (non-existent) intellect, let me provide you a picture:

18_0579_02-medium.gif

See, West Virginia is literally the only state in the Union where more than 35% of the white population is obese. The black population? Huh, looks like a few more then one state and oh look, every one in your hated "red area" has black obesity more than 35%.

I know, I know, pictures are hard to understand. Have a 2nd grader explain it.

Dr. Flogstain:

View attachment 12179

I believe I read that Dr. Flogstain had "come out" in some thread. Who cares, but that Blowing Rock makes a lot of sense for Dr. Flogstain, who lives by the credo, "It's better to give than to receive."
Jr. High insults. Fitting for a wee man of Jr. High size.

😂 so you’re an official hillbilly and unless it’s a dirt road, it’s not Appalachia.

95% kinda like Steeltime’s “directly related”. “Every stoplight, No groceries” never said that. Again, you lose an argument, so you change the argument.
Hello, Mr. Pot?
I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Kettle.

Jr. High insults. Fitting for a wee man of Jr. High size.

You know the saying, "You suck"? Anyhoo ...

I mean, I guess I could challenge you to a boxing match but I would be worried that you climbing into the ring would trigger a heart attack, what with the five shotz and the obesity.

Mix in a salad, fat-***.

Here, Floggy, given your astonishingly limited (non-existent) intellect, let me provide you a picture:

18_0579_02-medium.gif

See, West Virginia is literally the only state in the Union where more than 35% of the white population is obese. The black population? Huh, looks like a few more then one state and oh look, every one in your hated "red area" has black obesity more than 35%.

I know, I know, pictures are hard to understand. Have a 2nd grader explain it.
DC has the highest percentage of black residents, lowest percentage of obese adults. “Directly related”?

You’re ignorant and bigoted to think that blacks are driving obesity rates in southern states when none of them are even 40% black.

You know the saying, "You suck"? Anyhoo ...

I mean, I guess I could challenge you to a boxing match but I would be worried that you climbing into the ring would trigger a heart attack, what with the five shotz and the obesity.

Mix in a salad, fat-***.
😂 a boxing match! There’s different weight classes for a reason, ya know?

Again, of course they are marketing a type 2 diabetes weight loss drug to obese people. It would be pretty stupid to market it to people who are not obese/probably not type 2 diabetic. As far as it being an “elixir” or an alternative to diet and exercise, there’s nothing in the ad to indicate that. She sings about the fact that it lowers A1C. She’s not singing “Jardiance means I can eat, whatever I want and still be skinneeeeee”. And who said I’m ok with overprescribing? I’m good with someone taking a pill that aids in harm reduction. Diet and exercise would be preferable, sure. You’d be hard pressed to find a fat person who doesn’t already know that. For whatever reasons a lot of people struggle with it and have for a long time.

This IS the problem.
The USA and New Zealand are the only two countries that allow prescription drugs to be advertised.
This literally makes it to where patients call their doctors up to get a prescription for something they saw on TV.
NOT that they went to the doctor and he diagnosed them with something and prescribed it.
It reminds me of that Chris Rock bit from the mid 90s talking about this.
(Imitating a commercial) "Do you go to bed at night and wake up in the morning?"
"OH, ****! I GOT THAT! THAT'S ME!"
It’s still up to the physician to diagnose and prescribe it. Unlike some I don’t mind that pharmaceutical companies make money. Money making spurs innovation. It costs over a billion dollars to bring a new drug to market. If there was no shot at profiting from it no one would be researching and developing new drugs. I don’t take the cynical view of some that developing new drugs is something diabolical and evil. It’s actually something that saves millions of lives.
It sure would be better if everyone had perfectly healthy habits. Wouldn’t prevent all disease but would prevent a lot. Reality is they don’t.

😂 a boxing match! There’s different weight classes for a reason, ya know?

You would be in the obese category. Yeah, I have never been eligible for the denomination. I would recommend a high-protein diet but I presume you already follow that path.

You know, by eating a lot of meat.

FFS, READ the study, it’s a thing. Are you really so naive to think that a business that sells perishable food wouldn’t struggle in an area with few and far in between mostly poor residents and eventually be replaced by a business selling “food” with a long shelf life? Don’t answer that, you already have.

Exactly.

Conclusion

It's definitely possible to eat healthy even for those in a “food desert” whose only option is grocery shopping at Dollar General.

Dollar General has frozen fruits and vegetables, a variety of healthy canned fish options, several unprocessed carb options including rice and beans, a wide variety of different types of nuts, coffee and tea without any unhealthy additives, two healthy cooking oils and a wide variety of spices and condiments.

We consider well over 50% of the store to be processed and unhealthy, but with a bit of discernment someone could eat healthier than 90% of Americans sourcing their food from Dollar General alone.

We hope this guide is useful to consumers, and we’re encouraged that even in low-income communities without other grocery options there is still the opportunity for a healthy diet.

Exactly.

i can post more links you won't read, @Troglodyte
but it is rather convenient for your fat *** to trudge into - sorry - your OBESE *** - to trudge into a Dollar General for powdered donuts and a Mtn Dew since they're right at the front. Obviously you're not health conscious or your OBESE *** would push that walker around the store and look for something healthier. fuckingfattubofshit

i can post more links you won't read, @Troglodyte
but it is rather convenient for your fat *** to trudge into - sorry - your OBESE *** - to trudge into a Dollar General for powdered donuts and a Mtn Dew since they're right at the front. Obviously you're not health conscious or your OBESE *** would push that walker around the store and look for something healthier. fuckingfattubofshit

I guess we should be more forgiving of Dr. Flogstain's typographical errors. It must be difficult for him to hit the right keys with his gargantuan sausage fingers.