• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

What could possibly have been your point if you were acknowledging that many Appalachian areas are… wait for it… FOOD DESERTS. That was the point of the article, fool!

I neither approved or disapproved of your post. I attacked YOUR assertion.

And you talking about "points" like an expert is like Joe Biden advising someone on proper gymnastic techniques. You couldn't get a point if someone used a nail gun to drive it into your head.

The POINT of the article was summarized...in...the...article, which was:

Though dollar stores still represent a small share of national household food purchases (2.1% in 2020), they play an increasingly prominent role in food-at-home purchases for certain disadvantaged and rural communities. Understanding the quality of the foods they offer and how this may affect diet-related health outcomes is warranted.

What you attempted to do was politicize said article as a damnation on Appalachia while wholly ignoring that the impact on rural, black, Democratic communities is substantially worse and affects more people.

It's comical to me when you try to make a point and you just stick a bayonet through your own eye :LOL: 🤡 :ROFLMAO: while also ignoring that your "scientific research" article omitted grocery stores from its list of grocery stores in order to make a point lmao.

😂 Do food deserts exist or not, Dim?

When you can point to one, we can debate it. Like...say...point to me on a Google Map by dropping a PIN where one can drive for an hour in Blow Duck NC and only see a Dollar Store.

Now you’re trying to compare cities to rural areas. I’m quite certain cities have many more options within a relatively small radius. They’re cities, after all.

You should read the article I linked to. It doesn't omit grocery stores from the list of available food sources, btw, in it's analysis.

The impact is more on the urban areas. It affects more people.

Further from my article Floggy. You can continue to try to rail on Appalachia as the source of so much evil from dollar stores across America, but facts are against you.

1709000379291.png

You live in/around Philly.

It's one of the worst examples of Dollar Store impacts:

Dollar stores are now “everywhere” and have become “more ubiquitous than Wawas,” a common regional gas station chain, reported The Philadelphia Inquirer in a story about the growth of these chains across Pennsylvania. In the last decade, the state saw a 50 percent increase in the number of dollar stores. As of 2017, Pennsylvania has 1,288 dollar stores across the three major brands.
Among the eight cities analyzed, Philadelphia has the largest number of chain dollar stores. There are 106 stores within the city limits and 178 across the region we mapped. As our map shows, neighborhoods with more low-income households and African American residents have a startling concentration of dollar stores.
Rather than slowing the spread of these stores, Philadelphia’s City Council (DEMOCRATS) in 2011 opened the way for more. It voted unanimously to amend the city’s zoning code to allow general merchandise stores, including dollar stores, to open in an overlay district of the city’s historic Germantown neighborhood, where they had previously been prohibited.
Local residents testified in opposition to the zoning change and saw it as “a blatant handout” to the local developer who had proposed a new Dollar Tree in the neighborhood earlier that year. State Representative Rosita Youngblood (D-PA House of Representatives, District 198) also testified against the measure, explaining at the time that having another dollar store instead of a grocery store would be “devastating” for the community.

By all means, continue with your rhetoric about how Dollar Stores (you can drive for an hour and only see a dollah store!) are a plague on Appalachia.

giphy.gif

I neither approved or disapproved of your post. I attacked YOUR assertion.

And you talking about "points" like an expert is like Joe Biden advising someone on proper gymnastic techniques. You couldn't get a point if someone used a nail gun to drive it into your head.

The POINT of the article was summarized...in...the...article, which was:

Though dollar stores still represent a small share of national household food purchases (2.1% in 2020), they play an increasingly prominent role in food-at-home purchases for certain disadvantaged and rural communities. Understanding the quality of the foods they offer and how this may affect diet-related health outcomes is warranted.

What you attempted to do was politicize said article as a damnation on Appalachia while wholly ignoring that the impact on rural, black, Democratic communities is substantially worse and affects more people.
😂 No, that’s how ******* crazy you are, there was nothing political about it.
It's comical to me when you try to make a point and you just stick a bayonet through your own eye :LOL: 🤡 :ROFLMAO: while also ignoring that your "scientific research" article omitted grocery stores from its list of grocery stores in order to make a point lmao.
Wait, I thought you neither approved or disapproved. Once again, you argue something to the point of not even knowing what you’re arguing.
When you can point to one, we can debate it. Like...say...point to me on a Google Map by dropping a PIN where one can drive for an hour in Blow Duck NC and only see a Dollar Store.
Point a in between, Dim. Blowing Rock is upscale and has grocery stores.
You should read the article I linked to. It doesn't omit grocery stores from the list of available food sources, btw, in it's analysis.

The impact is more on the urban areas. It affects more people.
Again, at least they have nearby options even if less convenient and affordable.

You’re in a **** sandwich eating frenzy.

Take a gander at the Appalachian states and then divide their relatively low populations by the number of Dollar Generals and compare that to the other states.

Still waiting on the location of the Dollar General in Appalachia that sits by itself with no other business within an hour drive.
or
Still waiting on the location of the Dollar General in Appalachia that sits by itself with no other grocery store within an hour drive.
or
Still waiting on the location of the Dollar General in Appalachia that sits by itself with no other source of food within an hour drive.

Still waiting, Duck Dodger.

so, is that kinda like say, California having more In and Outs than say Florida?

again...

WHY?!
Why did you have to bring In N Out into this.
Like Pavlov's dog, I just started salivating for two 4x4s Animal Style Protein Style with a chocolate shake.

In my best Lex Luthor, "DAMN YOU SUPERMAN!"

Still waiting on the location of the Dollar General in Appalachia that sits by itself with no other business within an hour drive.
or
Still waiting on the location of the Dollar General in Appalachia that sits by itself with no other grocery store within an hour drive.
or
Still waiting on the location of the Dollar General in Appalachia that sits by itself with no other source of food within an hour drive.

Still waiting, Duck Dodger.
😂 Like I’m going to follow your (or Dim’s) behest. There’s almost 300 Dollar Generals in WV. Show me a grocery store near every one of them.

😂 Like I’m going to follow your (or Dim’s) behest. There’s almost 300 Dollar Generals in WV. Show me a grocery store near every one of them.
Just like your hero Rachel Maddow, you make baseless claims ( you can drive an hour in this spot in Appalachia and not see anything but a Dollar General ) that you cannot prove, you continue to deflect and dance around, and simply won't admit you EXAGGERATED a statement in an attempt to support the article you posted.
You're officially George Costanza.
"It's not a lie if you believe it."

technically, one could drive in circles in a parking lot for an hour and that would meet Flog's stupid assertion.

...Soooooo....now we're arguing about dollar stores? :rolleyes:
dude, this train wreck has overcome so many obstacles that we'll be arguing over the correct term for that thing at the end of your shoelaces before summer.

Just like your hero Rachel Maddow, you make baseless claims ( you can drive an hour in this spot in Appalachia and not see anything but a Dollar General ) that you cannot prove, you continue to deflect and dance around, and simply won't admit you EXAGGERATED a statement in an attempt to support the article you posted.
You're officially George Costanza.
"It's not a lie if you believe it."
I’m George Costanza? 😂 This board is one big game of make believe. Everything is a conspiracy, everything has some nefarious ulterior motive, and everything is, and I quote, “within the realm of possibility”. Question the feasibility of any of it and you piss people right the **** off.

I’m George Costanza? 😂 This board is one big game of make believe. Everything is a conspiracy, everything has some nefarious ulterior motive, and everything is, and I quote, “within the realm of possibility”. Question the feasibility of any of it and you piss people right the **** off.
except the Clot Shot being a detriment to some people's health. that's the golden rule, right, champ?

dude, this train wreck has overcome so many obstacles that we'll be arguing over the correct term for that thing at the end of your shoelaces before summer.
Fluglebinders?

100% accurate.
It is pure Make Believe.
Just like this magical area of Appalachia where there is only a Dollar Store for an hour radius.
This imaginary plot of land where King Friday is Mayor and Mr. Roarke and Tattoo run the Sheriff's Department.

100% accurate.
It is pure Make Believe.
Just like this magical area of Appalachia where there is only a Dollar Store for an hour radius.
This imaginary plot of land where King Friday is Mayor and Mr. Roarke and Tattoo run the Sheriff's Department.
and their popo cars have fine corinthian leather interiors.

By all means, continue with your rhetoric about how Dollar Stores (you can drive for an hour and only see a dollah store!) are a plague on Appalachia.

Perhaps the question should be rephrased to include the number of lineal miles rather than an hour.
After all, we can't assume how far Flog can pedal in an hour.

100% accurate.
It is pure Make Believe.
All within the realm of possibility!

Nope. You are a disingenuous, argumentive assshat who has as his purpose, here, to obfuscate facts and defend any past governmental action with regard to Covid shots or policies.

You have never acknowledged the inevitable fact that the Covid panic handling was imperfect, at best, criminal at worst. At each point where a problem has been identified, largely by Tim, you immediately attack him or the source, with your only actual weapon being a lazy-man's version of "....well, the government said this...". Even at that limitation, you **** up most of your attempts because you do not do the reading; your ability to focus on detail is minimal, so you choose to diminish anyone's view or demonstration that differs from the governmental Covid narrative you have gladly swallowed, Fauci's balls to your chin.

Further, when others with relevant information or expertise opine (usually in some alignment with Tim's general thesis that "something is very wrong with the government's handling of Covid") , you completely reject that differential understanding, as new facts emerge, because your limited mental capacity, combined with quasi-intellectual narcissism, skewed by your laziness, means you are simply months/years behind in comprehension.

That you believe yourself to be some sort of expert exemplifies all that is wrong in American Healthcare.

😂 No, that’s how ******* crazy you are, there was nothing political about it.

Dr. Flogstain Von Hippo declaring something he posted in the political forum was not political.

come-on-man-colin-jost-snl-3duahvv3ytki3ca7.gif

Nope. You are a disingenuous, argumentive assshat who has as his purpose, here, to obfuscate facts and defend any past governmental action with regard to Covid shots or policies.

You have never acknowledged the inevitable fact that the Covid panic handling was imperfect, at best, criminal at worst. At each point where a problem has been identified, largely by Tim, you immediately attack him or the source, with your only actual weapon being a lazy-man's version of "....well, the government said this...". Even at that limitation, you **** up most of your attempts because you do not do the reading; your ability to focus on detail is minimal, so you choose to diminish anyone's view or demonstration that differs from the governmental Covid narrative you have gladly swallowed, Fauci's balls to your chin.

Further, when others with relevant information or expertise opine (usually in some alignment with Tim's general thesis that "something is very wrong with the government's handling of Covid") , you completely reject that differential understanding, as new facts emerge, because your limited mental capacity, combined with quasi-intellectual narcissism, skewed by your laziness, means you are simply months/years behind in comprehension.

That you believe yourself to be some sort of expert exemplifies all that is wrong in American Healthcare.

200w.gif

Flog once had chicken pox and a sniffle.
Zer/Zey is be a valid intellectual.

What government? Hint: It’s many of them.
You have never acknowledged the inevitable fact that the Covid panic handling was imperfect, at best, criminal at worst.
I can only imagine how you would have felt had the U.S. and Canada taken New Zealand’s early approach. I’m sure they don’t regret it.
At each point where a problem has been identified, largely by Tim, you immediately attack him or the source, with your only actual weapon being a lazy-man's version of "....well, the government said this...". Even at that limitation, you **** up most of your attempts because you do not do the reading; your ability to focus on detail is minimal, so you choose to diminish anyone's view or demonstration that differs from the governmental Covid narrative you have gladly swallowed, Fauci's balls to your chin.
Government, government, government. Nope. The Government is your motivation. You didn’t like being told what to do so you want them to regret it. You and Dim are like Ralphie with his soap-poisoning blindness fantasy.
Nah, I just listened to qualified experts not manipulative opportunists on social media.
Again, I defer to the experts. You think they are conspiring against you.

Dr. Flogstain Von Hippo declaring something he posted in the political forum was not political.
I’m not the one who started this thread in this forum. You loons are so delusional and self-centered that you think the Covid vaccine and response is political and unique to the US.

LESSONS LEARNED​

A recent commentary discussed multiple factors that can bias estimates of covid-19 vaccine effectiveness, such as vaccination status misclassification, testing differences, and disease risk factor confounding.7 Our article complements these observations by providing examples based on actual data sets that quantify how case-counting window bias, age bias, and background infection rate bias can profoundly complicate the analysis of observational studies, shifting covid-19 vaccine effectiveness estimates by an absolute magnitude as high as 50% to 70%. Randomised trials aim to mitigate these biases by virtue of design features, such as randomisation, placebo controls, and blinding. But while randomised trials should offer far superior protection against these biases, premarketing trials left many important questions unstudied, such as the durability of protection, interaction with other countermeasures, and effectiveness in highest-risk and other important subpopulations. Pragmatic, placebo-controlled randomised trials might have addressed some of these limitations, but after manufacturers began unblinding their trials following the emergency use authorisation in December 2020, observational studies are all we have.

Our analysis shows that real-world conditions such as non-randomised vaccination, crossovers, and trends in background infection rates introduce strong, complex biases into these observational datasets. Our contribution is to size up three important biases, the magnitude of which surprised us and may surprise you. We conclude that “real-world” studies using methodologies popular in early 2021 overstate vaccine effectiveness. Our finding highlights how difficult it is to conduct high-quality observational studies during a pandemic.

I’m not the one who started this thread in this forum. You loons are so delusional and self-centered that you think the Covid vaccine and response is political and unique to the US.
You are the literal example of "useful idiot"