• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

Floggy, you're taking the fun out of mocking you by being so incessantly stupid. It's akin to mocking a special needs student for being unable to complete a calculus test. I mean, the mocking may be accurate but it is just unkind.

First, I did not make the meme; I saw it in a Twitter thread, knew it applied to you and posted it. You know, like you haltingly and unsuccessfully attempt to respond to my comments.

Second, I will credit you in that you acknowledge your grammatical error in using "Google" as a verb and your misuse of the term "rhetorical question," so you have that going for you, which is nice. (Research that latter phrase - you may encounter an existing meme or two ... thousand.)
HEY, LAMA! How about something, for the effort?!"

safest and most effective vaccine ever.
Aint be the holy vaccine from MosFauci be prevent all dis?

People who develop long covid after being hospitalised with severe covid-19 have raised levels of many inflammatory immune molecules compared with those who recovered fully after such a hospitalisation, according to a study of nearly 700 people.

The findings show that long covid has a real biological basis, says team member Peter Openshaw at Imperial College London. "People are not imagining it," he says. "It's genuinely happening to them."

The researchers think the ongoing immune responses could be causing the symptoms of long covid. There are already some approved treatments for other conditions that are designed to damp down some of these responses, so the findings could lead to trials of these drugs for the treatment of long covid.

However, it is unclear whether the findings apply to people who develop long covid after milder SARS-CoV-2 infections that don't require hospitalisation.

It is also possible that, in some cases, the ongoing immune responses are due to persistent infection with SARS-CoV-2 or the activation of dormant viruses in the body, such as Epstein-Barr virus, says team member Felicity Liew, also at Imperial. If so, damping down immune responses could be counterproductive.

"Long covid is a complex condition," says Liew. "There isn't a single cause."

The study by Liew and her colleagues involved measuring the levels of 368 immune molecules in the blood of 659 people who were hospitalised with covid-19, mostly early on in the pandemic. The 426 people who were still reporting symptoms more than three months later were compared with the 233 who reported being fully recovered.

The study found that the patterns of immune activation reflected the main kinds of symptoms people with long covid reported. The five main types were fatigue, cognitive impairment, anxiety and depression, and cardiorespiratory and gastrointestinal symptoms.

For instance, people with gastrointestinal symptoms had higher blood levels of SCG3, a signalling protein that is also elevated in the faeces of people with irritable bowel syndrome.

The findings won't help with diagnosing whether people have long covid or not, says team member Chris Brightling at the University of Leicester in the UK. But once the condition has been diagnosed, testing for these molecules could help reveal what kind of long covid people have, and thus what kind of interventions might help, he says.

A study last year estimated that 36 million people in Europe had or have long covid. "Many people are still suffering," says Brightling.

"I think it’s pretty clear from the results that the differences in blood protein levels do exist – but questions remain as to how the differences arise, in what way they might or might not cause the symptoms and how this might lead to effective treatments," said Kevin McConway at the Open University in the UK in a statement released by the Science Media Centre. "It remains possible that the findings don't apply to people who were never hospitalised for covid," he said.

Journal reference:
Nature Immunology DOI: 10.1038/s41590-024-01778-0

safest and most effective vaccine ever.
Aint be the holy vaccine from MosFauci be prevent all dis?

People who develop long covid after being hospitalised with severe covid-19 have raised levels of many inflammatory immune molecules compared with those who recovered fully after such a hospitalisation, according to a study of nearly 700 people.

The findings show that long covid has a real biological basis, says team member Peter Openshaw at Imperial College London. "People are not imagining it," he says. "It's genuinely happening to them."

The researchers think the ongoing immune responses could be causing the symptoms of long covid. There are already some approved treatments for other conditions that are designed to damp down some of these responses, so the findings could lead to trials of these drugs for the treatment of long covid.

However, it is unclear whether the findings apply to people who develop long covid after milder SARS-CoV-2 infections that don't require hospitalisation.

It is also possible that, in some cases, the ongoing immune responses are due to persistent infection with SARS-CoV-2 or the activation of dormant viruses in the body, such as Epstein-Barr virus, says team member Felicity Liew, also at Imperial. If so, damping down immune responses could be counterproductive.

"Long covid is a complex condition," says Liew. "There isn't a single cause."

The study by Liew and her colleagues involved measuring the levels of 368 immune molecules in the blood of 659 people who were hospitalised with covid-19, mostly early on in the pandemic. The 426 people who were still reporting symptoms more than three months later were compared with the 233 who reported being fully recovered.

The study found that the patterns of immune activation reflected the main kinds of symptoms people with long covid reported. The five main types were fatigue, cognitive impairment, anxiety and depression, and cardiorespiratory and gastrointestinal symptoms.

For instance, people with gastrointestinal symptoms had higher blood levels of SCG3, a signalling protein that is also elevated in the faeces of people with irritable bowel syndrome.

The findings won't help with diagnosing whether people have long covid or not, says team member Chris Brightling at the University of Leicester in the UK. But once the condition has been diagnosed, testing for these molecules could help reveal what kind of long covid people have, and thus what kind of interventions might help, he says.

A study last year estimated that 36 million people in Europe had or have long covid. "Many people are still suffering," says Brightling.

"I think it’s pretty clear from the results that the differences in blood protein levels do exist – but questions remain as to how the differences arise, in what way they might or might not cause the symptoms and how this might lead to effective treatments," said Kevin McConway at the Open University in the UK in a statement released by the Science Media Centre. "It remains possible that the findings don't apply to people who were never hospitalised for covid," he said.

Journal reference:
Nature Immunology DOI: 10.1038/s41590-024-01778-0
So the long term effects of Covid are the vaccines fault? Nice circular logic.

429508193_7077282535696567_534123287205382299_n.jpg

So the long term effects of Covid are the vaccines fault? Nice circular logic.
the holy shot aint be prevent covid. nor do it be prevent long covid. we was be told "if you get the shot, you wont get covid. if you get the shot, you cant spread covid."
lies
lies
lies

and here comes you, dragging a dead dog like linus and his blanket, to tell us that none of this is true.

That's just further proof to Supe's point, the vaccines don't do what they were promised to do.

Further, how many of those people in Washington State suffer long covid? How many were vaccinated? How many were not?
I never heard better than 95% efficacy, how is that promised? Not even the measles vaccine has 100% efficacy. Promised. 🙄

If they’re less likely to get Covid, doesn’t it stand to reason that they’re less likely to get long Covid?

I never heard better than 95% efficacy, how is that promised? Not even the measles vaccine has 100% efficacy. Promised. 🙄

If they’re less likely to get Covid, doesn’t it stand to reason that they’re less likely to get long Covid?

get the vid and you die.

Oh, but we were told they had 95% efficacy. You parroted that bullshit. We were then told it was 92%, then 87%, then 80%, then 68%, then 59%, then 48%, then....

You ain't ever owned a bit of that.

Get the shot, you won't get Covid they said.
Get the shot, you won't get hospitalized they said.
Get the shot, you won't die they said.

You gobbled it all up like you gobble up a party bag of Doritos and a case of Twinkies watching Jeopardy after dragging your dog around your 937-mile golf course.

Oh, but we were told they had 95% efficacy. You parroted that bullshit. We were then told it was 92%, then 87%, then 80%, then 68%, then 59%, then 48%, then....

You ain't ever owned a bit of that.

Get the shot, you won't get Covid they said.
Get the shot, you won't get hospitalized they said.
Get the shot, you won't die they said.

You gobbled it all up like you gobble up a party bag of Doritos and a case of Twinkies watching Jeopardy after dragging your dog around your 937-mile golf course.
Oh, oh, oh! Before that, we were told if you got Covid, you would have natural immunity and wouldn’t get it again. We were lied to! You gobbled it up! 😂

Oh, oh, oh! Before that, we were told if you got Covid, you would have natural immunity and wouldn’t get it again. We were lied to! You gobbled it up! 😂

No one ever said that if you have natural immunity, you wouldn't get Covid.

Like all Liberals - you're just making up outright lies.

Your desperation is palpable.

LMAO, what the ever living ****? 🤡

Floggy: The vaccines are 95% efficacy!!
TSF: The vaccines have waned from 95% to 92% to 85% to 73% to 61% to 52% to sub-50% efficacy
Floggy: But but but but but but every major Medical Political Association still recommends the vaccines!!! JFC, **** sandwich!!!
FloggTard: Oh, oh, oh! Before that, we were told if you got Covid, you would have natural immunity and wouldn’t get it again
TSF: No one ever said that if you have natural immunity, you wouldn't get Covid.
FloggTard Reply: Here's links to sites still recommending you get the shotz.

Do you ever look in the mirror and say, "yeah, I really am as retarded as they say I am?"

No. You don't.

LMAO, what the ever living ****? 🤡

Floggy: The vaccines are 95% efficacy!!
TSF: The vaccines have waned from 95% to 92% to 85% to 73% to 61% to 52% to sub-50% efficacy
Floggy: But but but but but but every major Medical Political Association still recommends the vaccines!!! JFC, **** sandwich!!!
FloggTard: Oh, oh, oh! Before that, we were told if you got Covid, you would have natural immunity and wouldn’t get it again
TSF: No one ever said that if you have natural immunity, you wouldn't get Covid.
FloggTard Reply: Here's links to sites still recommending you get the shotz.

Do you ever look in the mirror and say, "yeah, I really am as retarded as they say I am?"

No. You don't.
Dim: The vaccine killed the Stanford soccer player!
Dim: The vaccine killed Grant Wahl!
Dim: The vaccines are genocidal!
Trog: Your crazy if that’s what you think.
Dim: I didn’t say that, I just posted the parody “It’s beginning to look a lot like genocide”.
Dim: The vaccines have killed 17 million!
Trog: Your crazy if that’s what you think.
Dim: I didn’t say that, my man crush Tucker Carlson did.
Snowflake Dim: We were promised the vaccines were 100% effective, natural immunity is far superior. We are being lied to!
Trog: No you were not promised that and natural immunity isn’t 100% effective either.
Dim: I never said that!

Do you ever look in the mirror and think “yeah, I really am as delusional as Trog says I am”?