• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 - Draft Day

Shaquille Richardson, CB
Height: 6-0 Weight: 194
Class: Sr Hometown: Carson, CA
Prospect Rank: 234 Position Rank: 29

PLAYER ANALYSIS
Combine snub with lanky size, straight-line speed and ball-hawking tendencies (10 career INTs).

Also, released from UCLA program after arrest on suspicion of felony theft as incoming freshman.....just sayin':rolleyes:

Terry Hawthorn 2.0 ?

I think Hawthorne had better coverage skills. This guys likes to play off and react to throws...thus his INT numbers. IMO, he gives up way too much space in breaks.

He's going to need a lot of work, but at least he has the athleticism and nose for the ball to start with.

EDIT: At least he's a decent tackler.

Last edited:
Watch for Beau Allen to come off the board soon.

I am hoping Colbert double dips for CB in the 5th rd with one of Antone Exum, Travis Carrie, Marcus Roberson or E. J. Gaines.

I've heard about Quarles. Not much on Carrethers. What's your take on Ryan?

6'1 337. Phone-booth quick as hell. Great motor; had 16 tackles in a game last season as a NT. As a nose, I prefer him to Justin Ellis. At a bigger school, he would have gone in the 2nd or 3rd.

6'1 337. Phone-booth quick as hell. Great motor; had 16 tackles in a game last season as a NT. As a nose, I prefer him to Justin Ellis. At a bigger school, he would have gone in the 2nd or 3rd.
Thanks for that. Sounds like a decent pick at this point.

Saw a couple of Arkansas State games where Carrethers completely disrupted the option attack of the team with his quick penetration of the line. He would be a great back up for a year or two who might become a pretty good starter.

perfect size for a NT

Would not mind me some Jared Abbrederis at this point. I think Beau Allen is in play. Jackson Jeffcoat and James Gayle will likely draw interest here. Also would love Laurent Duvernay-Tardif.