• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 - Draft Day

This is a bit of a head scratcher. Certainly they do not view him as a pass rusher......

this is my ***** about draft coverage on the tube.

these are guys they should be doing 30 seconds on each of them, cos hey, the average fan doesn't know anything about who their team just drafted.

instead, we're still hearing about Johnny ******* or who the Pats might take as a UDFA.

thanks to TMC, del, and dobs, and all yinz posting bio's.

This is a bit of a head scratcher. Certainly they do not view him as a pass rusher......

Our heads are going to be sore, there is a lot of head scratching going on...lol I like Zumwalt but is he inside or outside for us?

I'm so sick of hearing about Sam, the kid is a below average football player. But because he is tough enough to tell everybody he is gay he should be drafted. Give me a break.

This whole draft, like the last , has left me scratching my head.

I like a lot about this draft. I am on board with Shazier. I question if he has the *** to stand up inside, but he gained size since he last played (at least 15 pounds) and did not lose any of his explosiveness. That will help keep him from getting bounced around and if he can add another 10, he is right there. With him being young and as ripped up as he is, 10 pounds is not much to pack on that frame. So, I can see that.

I like Tuitt more. I went back and looked at his 2012 film. He was much smaller, downright scary fast, moved well, did not play with quite as much power as he did this season, but he made up for it with quicks. I would love to see him somewhere between last season and this season, with the power and speed. Mitchell stated if he stayed healthy, he felt he could have went top 10. I can get on board with that.

I like Bryant. Big, fast, athletic. Red zone threat. Some issues, but I think he has coachable issues IF he listens. He could be special too.

I like Johnson in the 5th. We are talking potential, not an absolute, but potential to be a fine zone blocking LT. We need a LT.

Those 4 have legitimate chances to become starters for us. If that happens, this draft is a homerun.

Zumwalt plays special teams. Looks the part. He just does not hit anything. There are some players I can watch for hours, like Tuitt's 2012 film. I liked the way he played. I liked watching Johnson. Scrappy dudes. Tough. If you whipped their ***, they got up for you to do it again like you have to prove it every play. Zumwalt....nah, whip his *** once and he is good for the game. He just does not play with any suddenness or fire. No sense of urgency. Just a guy. And, if I had to use one cliche to describe him, it would be looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Blah. Just not my type of guy.

I'm so sick of hearing about Sam, the kid is a below average football player. But because he is tough enough to tell everybody he is gay he should be drafted. Give me a break.

Indeed, 2014 America is such a difficult time for a gay person to come out.

Yup. So sick of hearing about him. He has horrible measurement and metric. He's too small to be a DE and too un-athletic to be a LB. If he weren't gay nobody would be talking about him at all.

There are a few guys with 2nd round grades on some sites still on the board... just so many guys in the mid round level grades this year that teams have a wide variety of players to choose from ... seems deeper than usual. probably a great UFA class coming up

There are a few guys with 2nd round grades on some sites still on the board... just so many guys in the mid round level grades this year that teams have a wide variety of players to choose from ... seems deeper than usual. probably a great UFA class coming up

I think with the lack of talent we had on the roster last year we could see 6-8 players from this draft make our roster, maybe more.

What about Raashad Reynolds with this next pick?

Was Larry Foote THAT big a loss that the Steelers had to draft 2 ILB to replace him, plus they got Spence back from injury, and the signed Moats who can backup inside.

Welcome big boy!