• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 Targets

Here are the players Berm has his focus on. Firstly, I don't see the 'desperation' at the safety position that most do because Edmunds came back and he's very durable. Not on Minkah's level but improving every game - he may just get an offer to stay longer if he performs well.

DT, however, scares me. We're old at that position and losing Tyson early hurt us so adding young talent there is a priority - focus:
Neil Farrell Jr., DL, LSU

The WR room still needs one more guy, insurance, if you will. Write this down, I do not think we need to spend a draft pick because my guy, if this position, probably gets overlooked - Slade Bolden, WR, Bama (select him after the draft - durable true slot WR)

EDGE/OLB needs an addition but I don't see us getting, my guy, because of were we fall in Rd. 4 - focus: Tyreke Smith, EDGE, tOSU

Finally, TE has an opening. I want a speed guy w/ some blocking ability. Enter - Chigoziem Okonkwo, TE, Maryland (younger and faster version of Eric Ebron)

Welp, I'm sippin' on a Busch latte waiting to see how the chips fall this morning...

Berm if they are picking up an UDFA WR.....I've already told them it has to be Jake Herslow out of UH

Best left.

OL- Zach Tom might have to kick inside but imo has a shot to stay LT with his movement skills.
Darian Kinnard is probably a road grader RT or RG. He has the length to stay at tackle but I’m not sure he has the movement skills for it.
Daniel Faalele should become a starting RT only. Still really raw but his size should help him overcome some of the early technique issues he’ll have.
Max Mitchell is another RT only. Good run blocker but a little bit of a liability in pass pro.
Braxton Jones has LT length and athleticism. Very raw technique wise but has good upside.
Rasheed Walker is a bit of an enigma. Has some A+ traits then some others that don’t fit the mold. Sometimes dominates then sometimes comes out flat.

OC- Alec Lindstrom is probably a center only prospect but could allow Daniels and Cole to take over at the guard positions. He’s one of the higher floor players left on the board imo.

ILB- Brandon Smith is an A+ athlete who hasn’t put it all together. Probably could have used another season in happy valley but given the fact we missed out on Chenal we really could use an A+ athlete to insure against another Bush meltdown.
Darrian Beavers is a decent thumper for the middle. Not as rangy as Smith but an A+ run defender.

OLB/Edge- Amare Barno is a boom or bust type player. A+ athlete without the kind of production you’d expect. Though in 2020 had 16 tfl. Just seemed to regress a little this year.
Christopher Allen could be a steal as he was injured for the 2021 season. Some concerns as it’s an injury on the same foot he had injured before. But stillset and athleticism is there.

DL- Neil Farrell Jr would be a nice addition to the middle of our line. Big man who uses strength to push up the gut and collapse the pocket.
Eyioma Uwazurike is more of a DE in the 3-4 and probably needs to get stronger vs the run. But we could use two DE’s to replace Heyward and Tuitt eventually.
Matthew Butler is a 3 technique who again would come in for Heyward or Tuitt eventually. Not the pass rusher of Eyioma but a way better run defender.

WR- Calvin Austin III I don’t feel falls to use but if he did we’d have to consider going WR again. Rangy little human joystick with some good speed.
Khalil Shakir is probably one of the highest floor players left. He might not be a thousand yard guy but he should be a solid 750+ guy and have a 7-10 year nfl career.

RB- Damoen Pierce has probably the freshest legs of all RB’s. His 39 broken tackles per 100 attempts ranks #1 in college football.
Isaiah Spiller is the opposite of Pierce in the sense of being 20 years old has a lot of experience and tape. He’s not a homerun threat but a consistent fall forward and get the tough yards back.

QB- Sam Howell has to be an option even though we went Pickett. Value is too great to pass up. Redskins went RG3 and Cousins round 1 and 4 and who’s in the pro bowl and who’s commentating the draft?

TE- Daniel Bellinger would be a nice insurance policy if Gentry leaves and be a nice #3 this year. Big guy, soft hands, and decent blocker.
Charlie Kolar is more of a pass catcher than your true every down TE but his 6-7 length makes him a mismatch nightmare for defenders.
Cade Otton is a pretty high floor TE. Not flashy but decent receiver and a better than average in-line blocker.
I think RT only fits us better as Chuks is more of a LT and we need a true road grader on the Strong side

Lol I think mCCalls playing weight listed one season was 379… if hampton was big snack this guy was gigantic snack…
now it makes sense

I read that like "the kid is only 5'10"...but he plays bigger"

so their playing weight was more than they weighed in - got it now

now it makes sense

I read that like "the kid is only 5'10"...but he plays bigger"

so their playing weight was more than they weighed in - got it now
I mean inspector gadget would play bigger than he is height wise… maybe stretch armstrong too

I'm looking over the "best available" per ESPN. You can get a general feel about who we'll pick there. We're selecting 33rd in Round 4, so remove the first 20 or so on the list. that would leave:

20. Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama
21. Neil Farrell, DT, LSU
22. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penis State
23. Verone McKinley, S, Oregon
24. Dohnovan West, C, Arizona State
25. Jamaree Salyer - OG, Georgia
26. Amare Barno, OLB, Virginia Tech
27. Brandon Smith, ILB, Penis State
28. Kellen Diesch, OT, Arizona State
29. Kyle Phillips, WR, UCLA
30. Zach Tom, OG, Wake Forest
31. Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah
32. Darrian Beavers, ILB, Cincinnati
33. Matt Waletzko, OT, North Dakota

I'll predict we go for Salyer, if he's there, simply because Tomlin and Co. met with him a few times. From ESPN:
Salyer played all five positions along the offensive line during his college career and projects best at guard. He's a physical tone-setter with good power in the run game. His pads rise when he's on the move, and he has limited range. He rarely gives ground to bull-rushers, but he's a waist-bender with below-average mirror-and-slide quickness in pass pro. -- Steve Muench
He's 8 spots from 33rd, but you know there's always teams trying to act smarter than the rest and pick some dude from a no-name college.

Dark horse would be Ty Chandler, RB, North Carolina.

Who I'd like to see us pick in the 4th:
Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson

I think RT only fits us better as Chuks is more of a LT and we need a true road grader on the Strong side
I wouldn’t trust Chuks at LT for nothing. I honestly barely trust him at RT. His deal is more of a 1 year deal with a team option of cutting the next two with nothing really lost.

Speaking of the Rats...with lots of value in this round, they have 6 picks in round 4. Wish we had more picks!

If the Steelers don’t draft OT here then it tells you they think the OL if fine as is.

Best left.

OL- Zach Tom might have to kick inside but imo has a shot to stay LT with his movement skills.
Darian Kinnard is probably a road grader RT or RG. He has the length to stay at tackle but I’m not sure he has the movement skills for it.

Braxton Jones has LT length and athleticism. Very raw technique wise but has good upside.
Rasheed Walker is a bit of an enigma. Has some A+ traits then some others that don’t fit the mold. Sometimes dominates then sometimes comes out flat.

OC- Alec Lindstrom is probably a center only prospect but could allow Daniels and Cole to take over at the guard positions. He’s one of the higher floor players left on the board imo.

ILB-
Darrian Beavers is a decent thumper for the middle. Not as rangy as Smith but an A+ run defender.

OLB/Edge- Amare Barno is a boom or bust type player. A+ athlete without the kind of production you’d expect. Though in 2020 had 16 tfl. Just seemed to regress a little this year.
Christopher Allen could be a steal as he was injured for the 2021 season. Some concerns as it’s an injury on the same foot he had injured before. But stillset and athleticism is there.

DL-

Matthew Butler is a 3 technique who again would come in for Heyward or Tuitt eventually. Not the pass rusher of Eyioma but a way better run defender.

WR- Calvin Austin III I don’t feel falls to use but if he did we’d have to consider going WR again. Rangy little human joystick with some good speed.
Khalil Shakir is probably one of the highest floor players left. He might not be a thousand yard guy but he should be a solid 750+ guy and have a 7-10 year nfl career.

RB-

QB- Sam Howell has to be an option even though we went Pickett. Value is too great to pass up. Redskins went RG3 and Cousins round 1 and 4 and who’s in the pro bowl and who’s commentating the draft?

TE-
CB- Tariq Woolen is just a chunk of clay to mold. 6-4 208lbs 4.26 40 and 42” vert. Can’t teach that.
Zyon McCollum. Pretty much see above but better tape. 6-2 200lbs 4.33 forty 40” vert.
Jalyn Amour Davis imo is the safest pick at cb on the board. Good athleticism and really had a good year last season.

S- Smoke Monday is an A+ athlete and is a rangy safety. Needs to be more consistent tackling.

Last edited:
Man i want woolen to fall now but he won’t… im totally scared because that 5’7” wr that ive been joking about is still available and is exactly in that tiny quick mold that tomlin loves

I wouldn’t trust Chuks at LT for nothing. I honestly barely trust him at RT. His deal is more of a 1 year deal with a team option of cutting the next two with nothing really lost.
Swing tackle is what I see

Whats tge thought on Braxton Jones in this round? Has tge length and quickness… only 305 but has room to grow

Whats tge thought on Braxton Jones in this round? Has tge length and quickness… only 305 but has room to grow
High ceiling but low floor. He’s not going to be ready this year but in a season or two could develop into a starter.

Here are the players Berm has his focus on. Firstly, I don't see the 'desperation' at the safety position that most do because Edmunds came back and he's very durable. Not on Minkah's level but improving every game - he may just get an offer to stay longer if he performs well.

DT, however, scares me. We're old at that position and losing Tyson early hurt us so adding young talent there is a priority - focus:
Neil Farrell Jr., DL, LSU

The WR room still needs one more guy, insurance, if you will. Write this down, I do not think we need to spend a draft pick because my guy, if this position, probably gets overlooked - Slade Bolden, WR, Bama (select him after the draft - durable true slot WR)

EDGE/OLB needs an addition but I don't see us getting, my guy, because of were we fall in Rd. 4 - focus: Tyreke Smith, EDGE, tOSU

Finally, TE has an opening. I want a speed guy w/ some blocking ability. Enter - Chigoziem Okonkwo, TE, Maryland (younger and faster version of Eric Ebron)

Welp, I'm sippin' on a Busch latte waiting to see how the chips fall this morning...
Damn it...

Walker is dropping to us

Chuks definitely isn't taking over for Moore. As a rookie, Moore was better than Chuks at both RT and LT. Moore is our LT moving forward. I'm not sure anyone on the entire OL will be better than him this year other than maybe one of the FA's we signed.

Would not mind Walker at all!!

Maybe ASU OT Diesch in 6th

Also like Chandler in 7th and maybe D’Marco Jackson ILB from App St