• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 Targets

Great post. The draft went mainstream with the three-day event. Bring in pure football people and guys who study the draft exclusively for this event for the major broadcasts.
Hell, they put the Mannings on ESPN2 for MNF. How about Mel and McShea on ESPN2 for the draft. I think I would rather watch that...with guests and stuff.

And now, a Weezer concert breaks out. Please stop.

Great post. The draft went mainstream with the three-day event. Bring in pure football people and guys who study the draft exclusively for this event for the major broadcasts.

I wish Mayock would put together his own draft podcast or youtube with just football analysis.

Hell, they put the Mannings on ESPN2 for MNF. How about Mel and McShea on ESPN2 for the draft. I think I would rather watch that...with guests and stuff.

That's what bugs me. They have it on ABC and ESPN. Why not make 1 broadcast the fluff broadcast and the other can just be the football broadcast? Then you have the NFL Network trying to copy ESPN.

And now, a Weezer concert breaks out. Please stop.
Oh I know, no reason to show any entertainment on ESPN. They do the megacasts for games, do this for the draft, as you said. Mel and McShay with a host on ESPN2 would be excellent. Bring in a former NFL GM/HC, who aren't clowns looking for attention, who can provide insight on the draft process from a team perspective. It'd make for great TV for the true draft fans.

Going forward, you have to assume WR is done. What else are they looking at? I'm thinking OL, DB, DL, possibly RB. At this point, i think you just bring in a free agent RB because i don't see much left. Snell and McFarland are as good or better than what's left.

I can also see TE. They need a #2. Gentry improved some but he's not great. Steelers always want that move TE like they tried to get with Madarius Green and Ebron.

Rasheed Walker was injured to end the year and I don't believe he did any pre draft workouts. Maybe he does fall to steelers in rd 6 due to medicals. He'd be a steal at that point.

Going forward, you have to assume WR is done. What else are they looking at? I'm thinking OL, DB, DL, possibly RB. At this point, i think you just bring in a free agent RB because i don't see much left. Snell and McFarland are as good or better than what's left.

I can also see TE. They need a #2. Gentry improved some but he's not great. Steelers always want that move TE like they tried to get with Madarius Green and Ebron.
I think they need an OL, DB, and if a pass rusher falls. Those are my top three and then TE or RB.

I wonder if they see Leal as a DE or OLB. Listed as 6'3 283 so he can probably go either way. Bulk him up for DE or slim down for OLB. He did play some stand up LB for Tex A&M.

I wonder if they see Leal as a DE or OLB. Listed as 6'3 283 so he can probably go either way. Bulk him up for DE or slim down for OLB. He did play some stand up LB for Tex A&M.
Defensive line.
"Really liked him as a football player," said Austin. "Really versatile. Plays multiple positions across the line. We think has an opportunity to be a good player for us. He offers us some versatility. Has the frame to get a little bit bigger. He does some things pass rush wise, run game wise, that we really like and we value here."

Round 6 targets.

Edge- Isaiah Thomas is a pretty high floor guy. Not going to be more of a rotational guy but should provide depth.
Amare Barno is a high ceiling guy. Freak athlete.
Christopher Allen is a guy who can’t seem to stay healthy but is productive when on the field.

ILB- Malcolm Rodriguez is a little Zach Thomas kind of LB. Small but all over the field.

CB- Mario Goodrich isn’t the best athlete or the biggest but was very good last year and I feel is a little like Cam Sutton.

S- Smoke Monday besides having one of the best names in the draft is a rangy safety who has the size to match up with TE’s.

NT- Jayden Peevy might be the only one left who could eat up blocks and get off them to hold up in the middle that’s left.

QB- Carson Strong was considered a day 2 pick who’s still on the board.

RB- Tyler Badie could be a nice lightening to Najee’s thunder.

WR- Justyn Ross was said to be a day 2 pick. I had him as a 5th. Probably don’t need another WR.

TE- Jalen Wydermyer is a pretty complete TE.

OL- Rasheed Walker, Kellen Diesch, Thayer Munford and Dare Rosenfeld all on the board.

Round 6 targets.

Edge- Isaiah Thomas is a pretty high floor guy. Not going to be more of a rotational guy but should provide depth.
Amare Barno is a high ceiling guy. Freak athlete.
Christopher Allen is a guy who can’t seem to stay healthy but is productive when on the field.

ILB- Malcolm Rodriguez is a little Zach Thomas kind of LB. Small but all over the field.

CB- Mario Goodrich isn’t the best athlete or the biggest but was very good last year and I feel is a little like Cam Sutton.

S- Smoke Monday besides having one of the best names in the draft is a rangy safety who has the size to match up with TE’s.

NT- Jayden Peevy might be the only one left who could eat up blocks and get off them to hold up in the middle that’s left.

QB- Carson Strong was considered a day 2 pick who’s still on the board.

RB- Tyler Badie could be a nice lightening to Najee’s thunder.

WR- Justyn Ross was said to be a day 2 pick. I had him as a 5th. Probably don’t need another WR.

TE- Jalen Wydermyer is a pretty complete TE.

OL- Rasheed Walker, Kellen Diesch, Thayer Munford and Dare Rosenfeld all on the board.
Id happily settle for an OT… several of those guys have 4th round grades on them in several publications

OT was severely underdrafted this year… those draft pubs had 20 or so drafted by the end of round 4… instead wr got overdrafted …

Nice list. Good offensive linemen left and although not needs, Strong and Ross are interesting just to build depth at important positions--definitely won't happen. Heyward will be a consideration because the Steelers love bringing in siblings. Smoke Monday seems like a Steeler.

I think everyone knew they would pick Heyward, just with some depth needs at OL, DB, and EDGE, I would've preferred to take a shot at one of the other positions.

I don’t understand this pick in rd 6. There’s still guys on the board on OL and DB and DL. I can see this as a rd 7 pick but whatever. I guess the Steelers don’t think they have holes to fill.

I really think Connor goes undrafted if Steelers don’t take him.

I guess mark the Steelers down for Joey Porter Jr next year.

Best Edge rusher left
Wr Hieligh
QB Strong
CB Stuart USC
OL Stuber

Interesting Kiper said he expected him to go in 4th round. Said he was #1 FB on his board.
Another incorrect projection by Kiper was laughing watching a article where he had eithier a cal or ucla qb projected as the 2nd best In 92 and he went in the 9th round was between 88-92

Connor could have been had in the 7th