• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dear Baby Jesus, it's gone TOO FAR!

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Marvel has officially jumped the f'n shark!

They've turned Captain America into a ******* Nazi. Mostly because he's a White Male and thus, MUST be evil.

No, really. He's secretly working for Hydra.

Unfucking believable.

How much do these people hate America? Really?

I haven't read Marvel comics since I was a teenager (early 80's) but did hear recently that Iron Man and Thor have been replaced with women, Spider Man is now black and Ms Marvel is now a Muslim female. There was an article I read recently that Marvel was complaining about their sales going way down recently. I'm sure the recent Disney purchase had a ton of influence on these changes. Too bad really, you would think they would just create new characters instead of the constant political correct BS.

For people who follow the comics news -- it's fairly old news. I haven't read any of it yet, but I did see the events that led up to it.

It starts out with him losing the super soldier formula in his system, causing him to rapidly age -- that's when he hands over the Captain America title to Sam Wilson -- the Falcon.
Sometime later, he gets his youth restored by some cosmic character. During that, his past was rewritten, because the cosmic agent had been reared by the Red Skull.

So NOW -- Captain America has always been a member of Hydra, which was created as a Nazi surrogate in the comics.

Marvel has come under a ton of backlash from this storyline -- rightly so. So much backlash that after the 'Secret Empire' event concludes, the original Captain America will be restored:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...e-captain-america-back-just-after-the-summer/

I stopped buying comics a long time ago, but still read them in digital format on the cheap.

It was always meant to be a limited storyline... marvel tends to do extreme things to garner attention when readership dwindles... some editors are tone deaf and tasteless in their storyboards though

Even Marvel comics are not safe from snowflake agendas

All you old timers on this board grew up in a time where being a kid meant something. There was good/bad, right/wrong. School, grades and boys were boys, girls were girls.

Society--- sure the civil rights movement. But it seems decent, hard working Americans got along and strived for building better communities. Those who had different opinions had them, but didn't change the entire make up and division of people. Even the hippies seemed tame compared to today's violent, coddled, free hand out, social agenda youth.

:(

In all essence: you guys grew up simple.

"Simplicity" --- greatly missed

This is progress, plain and simple. Yinz old, conservative farts need to get over it, an nat.