• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dear Lord this offseason seems longer than others

IDK, these guys had recognition IMO. Maybe lesser now, but back then they were talked about, if I remember correctly.

They give Banaszak quite a bit of reconition In the old games highlights.

Salute the nation

I guess if a movie is made about you not underrated but rocky blier the football player doesn't get enough recognition.
I know coming back to play in the NFL after injury is a great story.
But he not only made it back, but played at a pro bowl level!

Any of those Steeler lineman except for Webster from the '70s. I don't think any of them even made the Pro Bowl, again, except for Webster. Gerry Mullins. I think Sam Davis was mentioned.

A guy I liked a lot from the '90s Steelers was Justin Strzelczyk. Had a bit of a nasty streak.

He played for the Steelers from 1969-1981. Played in 177 games and started in 138 of them.

Time makes me forget how bitterly disappointing some of the Cowher years were. Yancey Thigpen had a couple 1300+ yards in those days with Neil and Kordel. And when he got injured in 1996 our already mediocre offense took a nosedive. He definitely was a bright light when he was with us. At the time I thought he was one of the best and vastly underrated WR’s in the league.
Randle El gets a honorable mention.

I was one of the few people that loved the Bud Dupree selection. i thought the guy was going to be a stud right out of the gate.
And sure got sick and tired of defending him on here for the first three years with his ****** play and all. The lightbulb seemed to finally go off……A- because TJWatt entered the equation……And B - because they finally put him on his natural side that he played his whole career. I thought he was going to be a HOF no problem. 😌

i remember the collective roar(including me) when Devin Bush was traded for. What a waste of space.
F-in Cowher power little do people know he didn’t have the power but “Snap” did.

Love it! Lots of old school here. Takes me a few minutes to remember some of the names that have been said.
Back in the old days when these guys were approachable.
I still remember playing pickup basketball games at old South Stafium on the South Side with Roy Gerela Steeler’s kicker after he got replaced by Matt Barr.
He was pissed about it and said as much saying that Noll and Rooney favored the kid from Penn State, Barr.
I remember watching him kicking at South Stadium before our basketball games. Sounded like a cannon going off. You can’t hear that in stadium with 70,000 fans but in an empty stadium, man it’s loud.
Roy had legs like tree trunks. Nice guy too!

Always liked Bennie Cunningham when I was a kid. Earl Holmes was one of my favorites as well, never thought he got the recognition of how good he was.

I thought Danny Farmer was the best fourth-round pick ever at the time. Then I thought the same thing about Fred Gibson.

I always liked Orpheus Roye. I know he was not HOF material but was always good.
My dad always referred to him as "Anal-Fist" Roye. For some reason. lol

Who was the D lineman that nearly took Ken Andersons head off?

I loved Ernie Holmes with his ARROW on his head, as a kid that was the ultimate bomb.

They interviewed him on Monday Night football and asked him why the arrow………

he replied “ so I know which way to go” (or something close to that).

Salute the nation

Loving this thread.

Who started it?

I like to say Coolie did, but want to note that I gave him the idea telepathically.

If you need more details, I can provide them.

Salute the nation

"Beltin" Delton Hall.....for one year.
Was rookie of the year then kinda fizzled out.

I got nothing. He was cocky. No clue about analfist
A loose word play on Orpheus. Pops has always been big on slightly changing the lyrics in songs, players' names, that sort of thing. Some are funnier than others.