• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Debate Thread

1. You are harping on this because you think you can score points against Trump for a comment during the debate.
2. You do so in a desperate attempt to gain some traction for Dementia Joe, grifter and groper.
3. You thereby confirm your status as somebody dumb enough to think that Joe Biden is competent enough to run a washing machine, let alone the United States government.
4. In point of fact, illegals took over a vast number of construction jobs in Southern California in the 1980's, particularly drywall work, previously held by black employees.
5. The fact you are too stupid to look this up is of course no surprise.

Begone, bloated one!
Illegals took jobs in the 80's... yeah, that's a relevant point. Stop.

1. You are harping on this because you think you can score points against Trump for a comment during the debate.
2. You do so in a desperate attempt to gain some traction for Dementia Joe, grifter and groper.
3. You thereby confirm your status as somebody dumb enough to think that Joe Biden is competent enough to run a washing machine, let alone the United States government.
4. In point of fact, illegals took over a vast number of construction jobs in Southern California in the 1980's, particularly drywall work, previously held by black employees.

Begone, bloated one!

Begone, bloated one!
40 year ago in Southern California’s construction industry. WTF? So dry wall work is a black job?

Amazingly, Trump was somehow less substantive than Biden in the debate.

Maybe you should come out of your liberal realm once in a while and take a look at what Stoney was referring to.
Preferential treatment.

Take your pick.

Seems to be about housing immigrants, not firing black workers and giving their jobs to immigrants.

40 year ago in Southern California’s construction industry. WTF? So dry wall work is a black job?

African-Americans worked in construction, particularly drywall, for years prior to illegal immigration flooding the labor market in the 1980's and 1990's. Illegals work for much lower wages and the competition from illegals drove blacks out of that field.

I know this is a difficult concept for a walnut-sized brain, but that is but one specific example of "illegals taking black jobs." If you are too dumb to apply that fact to the workforce as a whole, let me explain it for you: the same happens with other industries, particularly jobs that don't require higher education. Kinda like your job, for example.

Both low- and high-skilled natives are affected by the influx of immigrants. But because a disproportionate percentage of immigrants have few skills, it is low-skilled American workers, including many blacks and Hispanics, who have suffered most from this wage dip. The monetary loss is sizable. The typical high school dropout earns about $25,000 annually. According to census data, immigrants admitted in the past two decades lacking a high school diploma have increased the size of the low-skilled workforce by roughly 25 percent. As a result, the earnings of this particularly vulnerable group dropped by between $800 and $1,500 each year.

Article explaining economic basics to Floggy

Although many factories have gone overseas, and have taken millions of jobs with them, in the construction industry (and other industries with a strong illegal work force, such as building maintenance and landscaping), it is impossible to send the work to other countries, so instead of exporting the work, workers are imported. Or rather, we look the other way when they work construction projects.

This is subsequently overwhelming black tradesmen, and killing their growth opportunities, since black tradesmen are often in direct competition with illegal immigrants for construction jobs. “Black males are more likely to experience competition from illegal immigrants,” Commissioner Peter Kirsanow told The Daily Signal.

Kirsanow, an attorney in Cleveland and former member of the National Labor Relations Board, said illegal immigration is both a short-term and long-term problem for young black males.

“What happens is you eliminate the rungs on the ladder because a sizable number of black men don’t have access to entry-level jobs,” Kirsanow said. “It is not just the competition and the unemployment of blacks. It also depresses the wage levels.”

Another article explaining economic basics to Floggy

Amazingly, Trump was somehow less substantive than Biden in the debate.

You go, girl! All in for a dementia patient! Whee!! Joe is smaht!!

Well, smarter than you, I guess.

African-Americans worked in construction, particularly drywall, for years prior to illegal immigration flooding the labor market in the 1980's and 1990's. Illegals work for much lower wages and the competition from illegals drove blacks out of that field.

I know this is a difficult concept for a walnut-sized brain, but that is but one specific example of "illegals taking black jobs." If you are too dumb to apply that fact to the workforce as a whole, let me explain it for you: the same happens with other industries, particularly jobs that don't require higher education. Kinda like your job, for example.

This issue should not just single out African Americans being displaced, in many cases, by illegal immigrants. People of all races and nationalities have found it near impossible to find a job in construction here in the desert southwest. From an economic standpoint, I can't fault the employers, but from a legal and ethical standpoint, I certainly do. You will not find a construction crew in Arizona that doesn't predominantly speak Spanish and nothing else. Have a question, better find the job boss.

This issue should not just single out African Americans being displaced, in many cases, by illegal immigrants. People of all races and nationalities have found it near impossible to find a job in construction here in the desert southwest. From an economic standpoint, I can't fault the employers, but from a legal and ethical standpoint, I certainly do. You will not find a construction crew in Arizona that doesn't predominantly speak Spanish and nothing else. Have a question, better find the job boss.
He wasn't singling them out. The topic was the economic conditions of black people. Helping black people not lose jobs to illegal immigrants is one way to help the economic conditions of black people.

This is just the grasping at straws by the MSM to try and level the debate performance playing field.

They're 3 or 4 chess moves ahead as always. When the Pubs sue, they'll be publicly accused of killing democracy.

The NYT is calling for Biden to not run.

I think they'll install Harris and then RFK Jr will split the ticket as an independent. Harris or possibly RFK Jr will be your next president.
Which is more than likely to happen.

My issue with republicans who say they’re for the people, is if you have as much dirt on these dems like you say you do and you post all the paragraphs on twitter and instagram etc about the deep state, why don’t you bring forth the information?

Surely some politician can shed light and correct things right? It all looks like a bad conspiracy right now

RFK Jr is faaaar right of their parties platform. There's no way on God's green earth either of them win.

And their democracy is like China,Russia or North Korea.
People now are voting to spite Trump at this point. I can see RFK being a legitimate contender. That’s how far we’ve sunk

Basically any job where people can work for cash. I owned a cleaning company for 21 years (sold it at a loss 7 years ago, still paying $800 a month to the SBA, thanks Bomma), not a lot of illegals in the Pittsburgh area because there simply aren't a lot of jobs, but I had to compete with a lot of people who worked under-the-table for less because they didn't have to pay taxes and insurance.
Remember Bill Clinton went through two or three AG nominees until he had to hire a bull dyke because every straight woman in D.C. had an illegal immigrant for a nanny.

Last edited:

The guy that advised everyone to get out of the market months ago trying to talk economics. You ****** yourself (and possibly others) talking economics. Just stop.

The guy that advised everyone to get out of the market months ago trying to talk economics. You ****** yourself (and possibly others) talking economics. Just stop.

I was speaking to those with an intellect greater than that of a poodle, i.e., not you.

Begone, bloated freeloader! Back to your family-size bag of generic tortilla chips!

Illegals took jobs in the 80's... yeah, that's a relevant point. Stop.

Oh, so illegals entering after 1985 stopped working?

Do fuq you think 20 million people walking into a country does to labor costs? You think engineers and Ph.D.'s are walking across the border? Or blue collar workers, driving down the price of labor by artificially increasing supply?

I have read numerous articles about the fact minimum wage needs to be increased because wages for lower-level and entry-level jobs have fallen far behind inflation. Why do you think that is? Do you think adding tens of millions of unskilled employees may have a negative effect on blue collar jobs?

And not to shock you, but 66.5% of Asians have college degrees, 52.9% of whites, and 39% of blacks. So who do you think is hurt more by the influx of illegal unskilled labor??

College degrees by race - 2022

I was speaking to those with an intellect greater than that of a poodle, i.e., not you.
I stayed in the market, are you trying to say that was a mistake? My quarterlies suggest otherwise.

Got news for you and the rest. It's exactly the same here in MD. Two neighbors have had their roofs replaced in the past week. 100% hispanic crews. Most construction jobs here are. Like 90%.

My stepfather is currently in hospice dying. I've been there 5 days in a row, spent the night last night. Next to the hospice center, they are building a townhome/housing development. 100% hispanic.

Fences were being put up around the center (it's nearly brand new). Fencing crew? 100% hispanic. In...West...Virginia.

People now are voting to spite Trump at this point. I can see RFK being a legitimate contender. That’s how far we’ve sunk

RFK will hurt Joe but could save the Dems down ballot. I think there will be a lot of Dems who will not vote Joe but can't bring themselves to vote Trump. Many may just stay home, but I'd bet a bunch of them will show up to vote RFK as a protest vote. If they show up, they will vote Dem in the down ballot for Senate and Rep. If they don't show up then it could be a red wave because Republicans will have a high turnout.

Oh, so illegals entering after 1985 stopped working?

Do fuq you think 20 million people walking into a country does to labor costs? You think engineers and Ph.D.'s are walking across the border? Or blue collar workers, driving down the price of labor by artificially increasing supply?

I have read numerous articles about the fact minimum wage needs to be increased because wages for lower-level and entry-level jobs have fallen far behind inflation. Why do you think that is? Do you think adding tens of millions of unskilled employees may have a negative effect on blue collar jobs?

And not to shock you, but 66.5% of Asians have college degrees, 52.9% of whites, and 39% of blacks. So who do you think is hurt more by the influx of illegal unskilled labor??

College degrees by race - 2022

Not to mention, where are these new immigrants going to live and go to school? It won't be in rich neighborhoods. We saw that when Desantis sent 1 busload of migrants to Martha's Vineyard and the town sent them packing a day later. All while showing up to virtue signal about how much they love them.
We love you,,,get the **** out of my neighhborhood, but we love you, bye, don't come back, but remember we love and support you...

These illegals will flood low income neighborhoods. They will take up space in classrooms. I'm sure the teacher's union will get raises out of this pretty soon. They will flood medical facilities in poor neighborhoods. They will take jobs from low income people.

So sometimes in my line of work, it can be very labor intensive, and other times it isnt...
you find that the price of jobs down Texas and around immigrant heavy areas drops significantly, and not for good reasons..

You have guy willing to work long hours for a third of the regular rate, sleep 4 to a hotel room or even in a van or truck, totally work under unsafe conditions in ridiculous ways... then everyone else has to bid against those practices... and it undermines costs of tests...

You have a guy willing to break dot regs to haul stuff out, work 24/7 ( again breaking dot and most corporate safety rules ) do jobs with half the people you need to do it safely, and in conditions osha would frown on...

You have a guy willing to work a sixteen hr shift in 120+ degree ambient conditions and sleep on site or in the parking lot... normal workers need three shifts to swap out people at reasonable timeframes and actual hotel cost and are getting paid 3 times what the other guy gets...

It leads to other firms shortcutting to stay competitive and massive lawbreaking... lol

The trick is to make it harder to earn money here and send it overseas... people looking to actually make a living and stay here are far less likely to cause those issues... plenty of our offices have legal long term immigrants that are excellent and do none of the bs that causes issues...

Just taking a step back and looking at this thread of individuals, many of whom I've "known" for over two decades, I see more divisive, disgusting, and even hateful remarks towards one another and I can't help but see this very thread as a microcosm of the soul of this very nation. At what point have we lost all respect for individuality, decency, and a little empathy towards human dignity?

Let's face it, when I'm the voice of reason in this crowd, yinz are f*****.