• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Debate Thread

@bermudasteel, let me provide a brief glimpse of Floggy. Here is Supe's comment:

Floggy's reply:

The three posts quoted above, full and without any edit on my part, demonstrate who Floggy is and why my somewhat pointed comments proffer only what he has earned. I am not going to take any more of your time regarding the fungus known as Floggy.
It was wrong of me to mock him for living in a trailer park. I will mock you for letting me live in your head rent free.

It would be next to impossible to defend, the burning of cities, the calling out of the opposition and urging citizens to make life miserable for folks who are not rabid followers of the DNC, vaccine mandates, the **** economy, the worthless dollar which explains the increase in the markets moreso than strong financial numbers, the Afghanistan retreat gone totally wrong, bucks to Iran, the Ukraine debacle, etc. etc. It's definitely a target rich environment. Unfortunately I have no doubt anything is going to change for the better anytime soon... If Trump does manage to win, we're back in store for obstruction, resisting, impeachment trials, etc etc.. Same as it ever was.
If the Dems control the House, that is exactly what will happen. The shitshow will continue and the MSM will cover the brave House members 24/7.

I was a teen over most of this period and I can honestly say - I CANNOT name ONE AA who worked drywall construction. I'm not saying that there were not any or even many, but, this seems like quite a blanket statement...

Oh, you need to apologize to @Troglodyte - I admire his transparency on the weight loss as I am on the same path. I'm done to 212 from 245.
Normally I would agree with you Berm, but you're making a big assumption that Trog is being forthcoming here. Kind of like me saying that I scored 4 touchdowns in one game in high school.

I was a teen over most of this period and I can honestly say - I CANNOT name ONE AA who worked drywall construction. I'm not saying that there were not any or even many, but, this seems like quite a blanket statement...

Oh, you need to apologize to @Troglodyte - I admire his transparency on the weight loss as I am on the same path. I'm done to 212 from 245.
How could you all the way from Bermuda?

when Bomma was elected. I'll admit that the guy was silver-tongued and could craft a beautiful picture with his vocabulary, but he was also divisive. That has led to more and more division of this country.
At the time it was hoped he was the president who would bring the nation together. By both parties….I would hope.

So we didn't land on the moon!!! Fabulous!!! 😂😂😂
"If you think wrestling is real and the moon landings were fake, you might be a redneck." -- Jeff Foxworthy

I think we need to make it easier to get into the country legally and work legally and harder to get in illegally.
It's not just that illegals work for less, as an employer you don't have to pay taxes and insurance for them. When I owned a small business my monthly insurance bill for workers' comp was $1300 a month and my wage taxes were around $2500.
Also once you get legal status or amnesty then you can't vote for say, 20 years.
I would be in favor of reciprocal immigration with other countries, meaning that whatever it takes for an American to live and work in your country is what it takes for your citizens to live and work in America. An American who moves to Mexico can't ever own property or vote, so I'm told,
In 2017 I was back and forth with the Italian Consulate in Philadelphia for six months trying to get a work visa and couldn't do it. This does have the advantage of letting me tell Liberals to F off when they tell me to go back where I came from. Sorry, I tried, Italy said no and is obviously racist against Italian-Americans.

It was wrong of me to mock him for living in a trailer park. I will mock you for letting me live in your head rent free.

You stole that line from Rush Limbaugh, you moronic, lying wannabe. The idea that I give a ***** about you is laughable. You are nothing - no, less than nothing. You are a zit on a flea's ***.

Begone, worthless freeloader!

Thats why im fine with long term illegals who grew up here being nationalized... and people willing to make an effort to legally get in ... they are here for the long term and are spending money here...
NOT ME. I would be willing to give illegals that have resided here for more than 5 years, legal RESIDENCY, but never US Citizenship. They would also only get that residency after paying a substantial fine, and can pay it over a few years while paying taxes. If the want to self deport and come back legally, their previous status will not be held against them. If you end up being deported for any reason, your previous status will prevent you from applying for 10 years.

You stole that line from Rush Limbaugh, you moronic, lying wannabe. The idea that I give a ***** about you is laughable. You are nothing - no, less than nothing. You are a zit on a flea's ***.

What? He dead.

But that's still something. lol

Let's dive into this...

Why not blame the owners of these companies hiring the Hispanic crews??? Seems like an easy fix to me. Why? Because, in the words of our HC, "obviously" hiring staff that will work for less saves me money as an employer - ESPECIALLY if those same workers are doing the job(s) faster and still complying w/ all of the regulations of construction.

Care to speak to the workers in the Trump Towers??? I have. Stayed at the TT in NYC and every maintenance man, bell hop, concierge, room attendant was from another country except for the two managers on the floor. They were Americans.

Say what you will, but the goal/objective in business is to make more money that you spend. Hell, my team of 27 across the globe only has 8 Americans---89% of my team is from India. Because it's cheaper and they are willing to work the hours that most won't without complaints or excuses...
allow me to retort, since you're going to kick me in my *** anyway...

years ago, actually 30 or so, I was working as a painter for warehouses. We'd show up and prep the handrails, doors, virtually anything that wasn't going to be painted we taped or enclosed in tarp. Then we'd go about prepping the paint and sprayer before painting a wall. We could do a huge warehouse in a week.

well, one day our crew show up and begin our usual. Prepping doors, handrails, etc. I hear some dude just absolutely launching a blistering tirade on the other side of the wall. I didnt recognize the voice, so I peeked on the other side of the door. some black dude was sitting on a handrail just letting every curse word fly, and was being extremely colorful about it. Who was the target for his volley? About 25-30 hispanics digging into the ground to plant shrubs and flowers. When I looked back at him, he laughed and said "they don't know english. go ahead, say something." I declined, as I've seen that movie before, and know that at least one or two of them spoke English.

so, getting to the point - while hiring staff that will work for less saves money for an employer - (and let's be clear, these are illegals) - as you said, the employer can also withhold pay, as well as they can work people longer and harder than they could otherwise. because who are they going to tell? If they lodge a complaint, well, they get deported. or can get deported.

speaking of, we had border patrol agents routinely drive through. easy enough to spot who was here legally and who wasn't. Yet the BP agents didnt even so much as unbuckle their seat belts. One of the foremen would walk over, have a nice chit chat complete with laughs and handshakes... then the BP agent would drive off. You're smart. You can figure out what was going on.

so while all this does save employers money - and lots of it since they're not paying "minimum" wages, they're also not paying into any 401k, any medical insurance, any other taxes that they normally would.

all while these same illegals are being targeted to receive food stamps, welfare, etc. And they're sending money back home to their families. Which, by and large, hurts the American economy. Not only are we already sending federal monies to countries, we have individuals sending money to their families, while we turn around and give them food, shelter and money.

which is why I was for NAFTA. Put some manufacturing facilities in Mexico. Let the people there have jobs, and build their own economy. Yet the quality was ****.

So we're doing a rather strange dance to make ourselves feel good about our own personal worth, while simultaneously hurting ourselves due to our corrupt politicians and goobermint officials.

and, like you, I used to work with someone who was here from another country. she leaped over every obstacle her way to becoming a citizen. then she met a guy from another country who was here on a work visa. they wound up getting married, and having two or three kids. then his work visa expired. instead of staying here illegally, like so many others do, they - as a family - left the country. I believe they're in Canada now (he's a software developer, so he can work/live anywhere).

Last edited:
😝 That was in response to Stupe mocking my 23 year marriage and low lying fruit for me to mock a fragile **** throwing stones in his glass house.
nah, you ******* bullshitting queef. you championed yourself and began looking down on others- which you have shown you are prone to do. my response was in kind to your wannabe ivory tower living ***. you're still welcome to **** yourself and **** off. and dont get it twisted, i couldnt give one good goddamn about anything you say about my divorce, as my ex-wife and i are on very good terms now, and we're both better off now than if we had stayed together.

I am hoping that Kennedy can make the next debate.

I really like to see how he would handle the interaction with Donald J. and Sleepy Joe..
Kennedy is a reasonably centrist democrat... neither side wants him within 10000 yards of a public debate... if everyone just polled him above the threshold they have to include him...

you ******* sad ************. @bermudasteel has lowered himself to step foot in my "trailer" and can tell you how awful it is.

by the way, Miss Holier Than Thou - is there an issue you have with people living in trailers? you seem hung up on that little issue.

Trog wants to be able to say "I have black friends" and it appears to be working. lol

Man you were a fat f****r....like me!
Glad to see that you're off that fat people scooter.
At one time in my life I was approaching 240 and I'm only 5'9". I got down to 200, and right now I'm hanging around at 206.
For my height I should be 195, I lift a lot so my massive 16 inch biceps make that impossible, for muscle is 2.5 times heavier than fat in case you didn't know! lol

Last edited:

Well you were honest when you said you were fat, but not sure of your claim that you never worked in construction.

You forgot about that old avatar of yours didn't you.

f-shirt4bm-7a287d6.jpg

No shades in that one.
Sorry Berm, that post of yours evoked a few responses out of me. LOL

Last edited:
Trog wants to be able to say "I have black friends" and it appears to be working. lol

Man you were a fat f****r....like me!
Glad to see that you're off that fat people scooter.
At one time in my life I was approaching 240 and I'm only 5'9". I got down to 200, and right now I'm hanging around at 206.
For my height I should be 195, I lift a lot so my massive 16 inch biceps make that impossible, for muscle is 2.5 times heavier than fat in case you didn't know! lol
At one point I was 280, I am now 180. I haven't been this weight since 1988 when I was a skinny lineman. At almost 6'2" I feel skinny, yet I still have some flab around the middle.

At one point I was 280, I am now 180. I haven't been this weight since 1988 when I was a skinny lineman. At almost 6'2" I feel skinny, yet I still have some flab around the middle.

6'2" and only 180? You are skinny! lol
George Pickens at 6'3" is 201 and he looks rather thin to me.
....but according to the "ideal weight chart", you're where you should be.

And according to those weight charts I am considered obese. I'm nowhere near obese.
I am in fact in pretty good shape.

Last edited:
Let's dive into this...

Why not blame the owners of these companies hiring the Hispanic crews??? Seems like an easy fix to me. Why? Because, in the words of our HC, "obviously" hiring staff that will work for less saves me money as an employer - ESPECIALLY if those same workers are doing the job(s) faster and still complying w/ all of the regulations of construction.

Care to speak to the workers in the Trump Towers??? I have. Stayed at the TT in NYC and every maintenance man, bell hop, concierge, room attendant was from another country except for the two managers on the floor. They were Americans.

Say what you will, but the goal/objective in business is to make more money that you spend. Hell, my team of 27 across the globe only has 8 Americans---89% of my team is from India. Because it's cheaper and they are willing to work the hours that most won't without complaints or excuses...

Ummm, not exactly sure the point of this post Berm. I was validating Zona's comments:

"This issue should not just single out African Americans being displaced, in many cases, by illegal immigrants. People of all races and nationalities have found it near impossible to find a job in construction here in the desert southwest. From an economic standpoint, I can't fault the employers, but from a legal and ethical standpoint, I certainly do. You will not find a construction crew in Arizona that doesn't predominantly speak Spanish and nothing else. Have a question, better find the job boss."

And saying this isn't just a SW US problem, it's a national issue, even here in MD.

But since you want to debate, you said "Why not blame the owners of the companies."

I do. Companies will take advantage of every shortcut they can, as you point out.

The problem comes before that however. If there wasn't a massive number of millions of illegals to hire in the first place, we wouldn't be here. The problem is the border. First and foremost. Always has been the problem.

6'2" and only 180? You are skinny! lol
George Pickens at 6'3" is 201 and he looks rather thin to me.
....but according to the "ideal weight chart", you're where you should be.

And according to those weight charts I am considered obese. I'm nowhere near obese.
I am in fact in pretty good shape.
I'm 6'2" and was heavy at 215. BP hanging around 140/80 and the doc was ready to put me on meds. Not if I can help it....I have a goal of 190 in hopes it will lower my BP. Started light exercising, eating right and no alcohol. I love my beer but I try to stay busy and drink lots of water rather than plunk down and kick back 3 or 4. I'm at 202 now and noticed a definite decrease in BP. It's now at least in the normal range when I wake up. That said, no beer until I hit my goal and once I get there I might still stay on the wagon. I feel a lot better after 3 weeks.