• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Deebo not a Tomlin fan?

Two trains are driving toward one another. The first train leaves Town A at 5am traveling at 60 miles per hour. The second train leaves Town B at 7am traveling at 70 miles per hour. the distance between Town A and Town B is 455 miles. What is the EXACT time that collision will occur?
The trains only collide if they are on the same track.
9:34.36am

Two trains are driving toward one another. The first train leaves Town A at 5am traveling at 60 miles per hour. The second train leaves Town B at 7am traveling at 70 miles per hour. the distance between Town A and Town B is 455 miles. What is the EXACT time that collision will occur?
What's the acceleration rate as they leave town? ;)

Did or did not Harrison's career take off when Tomlin arrived? That is a simple, straight forward question to which the obvious answer is yes. He could be on the fringe of the HOF, not on the numbers he had prior to Tomlin, but since Tomlin. Was Dick LeBeau a major contributor to that? Absolutely. But it is a cheap shot on Harrison's part because it was Tomlin who put him in the starting lineup and OK'd the freedom for him to do the things he did. Or are we gonna argue in this case Tomlin had no control? I notice you guys pick and choose when he does and does not have control to suit your argument.
Diver, you asked "Wait a minute. Who, outside of Pittsburgh, knew anything about James Harrison until Tomlin got to Pittsburgh?"
I answered LeBeau, which was incorrect because you wrote "outside of Pittsburgh".

But then you changed the question because you did not like the answer. And then you felt the need to preach.
Then you did the added "I notice you guys pick and choose...." which is kinda funny/cunty on account of that is exactly what you did. So we learned that for a simple response, you feel the need to change the context AND make it like you weren't looking in the mirror with your criticism of a made up comment that stemmed from your changing of the context.
That is not straightforward or logical, right?

Lastly, it is possible for Deebo to articulate whatever the hell he feels like, because it is a free country. Since he chose to articulate on a subject with which he is intimately familiar, most would take that into account as expert commentary from a person with experienced insight into the context. But you do not like that, which is also fine, because its a free country.

Feel free to continue preaching; not sure who can follow ....

Since he chose to articulate on a subject with which he is intimately familiar, most would take that into account as expert commentary from a person with experienced insight into the context.
Well, Harrison is certainly more familiar with the inner workings of the organization than any of us, that's for damn sure.

That whole paragraph is speculative. How do you know? How are you so sure that things Tomlin did during the year in places we can't see didn't help them get there?
There's speculation all the time on about every subject. So this is what we know. Tomlin took a team one year removed from winning a super bowl. He was the head coach of the Steelers when they won against Arizona. That is true. He also had the majority of the team and coaches from Cowher, including Bruce Arians who was promoted to OC. He then just two years later lost in the super bowl with an aging Cowher team. They then had limited success until the teams last playoff win. January 15th, 2017. 5+ years since we won a playoff game. You can give him any of all of the credit from the super bowl. But who gets the blame for the last 5+ years? Canada? Arians? Who?

Is Canada the switch man or someone competent?
This could be a trick haha

That whole paragraph is speculative. How do you know? How are you so sure that things Tomlin did during the year in places we can't see didn't help them get there?

I have been very consistent whenever this topic comes up. I would have fired Tomlin on the results I see. They haven't won anything lately. But that is it. The rest is all speculative nonsense. Here the latest is Deebo doesn't think he is a great coach. This from a guy who, it is not a stretch to say, owes what became of his career to Tomlin. My favorite is he won with Cowher teams. So the hell what? Would you rather he lost? It's stupid. He won, he deserves credit as the head coach. Pure and simple. That doesn't mean he should still have a job with the team now. I have never said that. It is the ridiculous, over the top speculative stuff I object to. It isn't necessary, and it sure as hell isn't goi=ng to change anyone's opinion because it can be challenged. But can you challenge the results? No. Keep it at that.
Just saying I bet you could the number of people saying “it’s Tomlin’s SB” on one hand…you do realize that every time you make one of these “go easy on MT” posts it just further cements those of us that think he is mediocre at best more firmly in our beliefs as well right?

I’ll continue to believe we won despite him, the hurdle and you can believe what you believe

That’s the great thing about beliefs

No amount of Tomlin apologists have ever made me feel is more than average at best and I will continue to believe with an actual good coach more than 1 SB would have been the result with the talent that was present over those years

And I’ll sit here hoping like hell mediocrity Mike proves me wrong, probably will never happen tho cuz his misguided philosophies rule the day AND Cowher’s team is long gone

…I’m strictly results oriented and spoiled to death by the early years of my fandom having so damn much success. A high standard was set and I’m kinda stuck in my ways to that still being the standard.
Same. My fandom goes back to the Eisenhower years before "sucks" was a colloquialism to express dissatisfaction. But the Stillers showed up and dealt pain. They were brawlers.

f6b21532b71ef161ca09ed1b78ee4ed9.jpg

That has been a component of Steeler culture through the Cowher era and teams just didn't want to play them. Once the Cowher roster had retired, the team assimilated to HCMT - unprepared, mediocre, unfocused, and given the talent, downright lackadaisical underachievers. And rather than utilizing senior talent like Faneca, Silverback, Blount, Ingram, and others to mentor emerging talent, he dispatched them. Blount has 3 rings with 3 different teams since departure. I could use a lot of adjectives here but the Union is shaky enough as it is.

Same. My fandom goes back to the Eisenhower years before "sucks" was a colloquialism to express dissatisfaction. But the Stillers showed up and dealt pain. They were brawlers.

f6b21532b71ef161ca09ed1b78ee4ed9.jpg

That has been a component of Steeler culture through the Cowher era and teams just didn't want to play them. Once the Cowher roster had retired, the team assimilated to HCMT - unprepared, mediocre, unfocused, and given the talent, downright lackadaisical underachievers. And rather than utilizing senior talent like Faneca, Silverback, Blount, Ingram, and others to mentor emerging talent, he dispatched them. Blount has 3 rings with 3 different teams since departure. I could use a lot of adjectives here but the Union is shaky enough as it is.
Damn good comment. Nobody is scared of us anymore. When a team like Cincy says it appears we just gave up, it speaks volumes.

9:34:37 AM

Did you hate the hire in Feb of 2009?
Always hated the hire, even on that day - Tomlin has, is, will always be a joke! A goldfish could have led that team to a Superbowl victory. Besides, take an in depth look at how we won. First, Deebo didn't rush like he was supposed to. He ad libbed and got in the right lane at the right time - 7 points that Tomlin had nothing to do with! Game winning drive was all Ben and Holmes wanting it more than the Cards. Again, Tomlin had nothing to do with it! Tomlin's brilliant game plan kept it so close(living in his fears) that the one mistake on D almost lost the game for us!

I initially thought hiring Tomlin was a good choice, but changed my mind pretty quick. I was not a fan even after winning the SB, but gave him the benefit of the doubt because he was new to being a head coach. There have not been many games where I can say we outcoached the other team or had a better game plan or even simply exploited mis-matches. We keep doing the same stuff over and over and over even when it is not working. It is just maddening.

Diver, you asked "Wait a minute. Who, outside of Pittsburgh, knew anything about James Harrison until Tomlin got to Pittsburgh?"
I answered LeBeau, which was incorrect because you wrote "outside of Pittsburgh".

But then you changed the question because you did not like the answer. And then you felt the need to preach.
Then you did the added "I notice you guys pick and choose...." which is kinda funny/cunty on account of that is exactly what you did. So we learned that for a simple response, you feel the need to change the context AND make it like you weren't looking in the mirror with your criticism of a made up comment that stemmed from your changing of the context.
That is not straightforward or logical, right?

Lastly, it is possible for Deebo to articulate whatever the hell he feels like, because it is a free country. Since he chose to articulate on a subject with which he is intimately familiar, most would take that into account as expert commentary from a person with experienced insight into the context. But you do not like that, which is also fine, because its a free country.

Feel free to continue preaching; not sure who can follow ....
Don't hurt yourself reaching. I did not change anything whatsoever. My contention has been since the beginning that James Harrison's career did not really take off until Tomlin arrived. I guess you are a hell of a lot smarter than me because I don't know what the you are trying to say.

I'm still trying to calculate whether or not this is EST, MST, PST, or what. Been a math teacher for 11 years, and still I'm stumped.
That, and here's the thing about these kind of questions that trip people up on some IQ tests which are bullshit....You absolutely can't know the time of impact if BOTH trains "leave" the station without knowing the the acceleration of each. The question should be time of impact if both trains are "passing" a station. If both trains suddenly accelerate to those speeds instantaneously, both conductors die. Like falling off a 10 story building.

That, and here's the thing about these kind of questions that trip people up on some IQ tests which are bullshit....You absolutely can't know the time of impact if BOTH trains "leave" the station without knowing the the acceleration of each. The question should be time of impact if both trains are "passing" a station. If both trains suddenly accelerate to those speeds instantaneously, both conductors die. Like falling off a 10 story building.
I hear the train a comin, it's rolling round the bend.

Just saying I bet you could the number of people saying “it’s Tomlin’s SB” on one hand…you do realize that every time you make one of these “go easy on MT” posts it just further cements those of us that think he is mediocre at best more firmly in our beliefs as well right?

I’ll continue to believe we won despite him, the hurdle and you can believe what you believe

That’s the great thing about beliefs

No amount of Tomlin apologists have ever made me feel is more than average at best and I will continue to believe with an actual good coach more than 1 SB would have been the result with the talent that was present over those years

And I’ll sit here hoping like hell mediocrity Mike proves me wrong, probably will never happen tho cuz his misguided philosophies rule the day AND Cowher’s team is long gone

I've said these many times................................... Had Coach Cowher stayed for 15 more years we would have 3 more SB under our belt.

I've also said many times over that Coach Tomlin has done the least with the most.

AND one last one.......... We have had arguably the most overall talented team in the NFL over the past 12 years and yet have accomplished the least including having a HOF quarterback.

Salute the nation