• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

I don't understand why everyone has to go to their corners on this one.
In a sense, there really is no point discussing any of this any more. Everyone has already picked a side. It's like since Liberals are backing George Floyd, conservatives HAVE to be outraged that the cop went to jail or was over charged or whatever. It's like a default position both side go to on every ******* issue.

If you read this thread, you get two clear positions when it comes to policing in America.

#1-No police, no prisons, total anarchy and everyone for themselves. Wild West as mentioned above.

#2-Cops should be able to treat a suspect like **** even if he's cuffed and prone on the concrete, because he was a criminal and a druggie and was going to probably die early anyway.

I don't think I want to live in either version of America.

Yeah, she certainly misspoke, getting on in age. She should have retired a while ago, along with many others still clutching onto power on the Hill.
See, that's the problem. She didn't misspeak. She said exactly what she wanted to say. It wasn't well received, so people now have to "clarify" and try to defend it. Our politicians, especially ones like Nancy Pelosi that should certainly know better, figure they can get away with saying just about anything. They'd be better politicians if we'd hold them to account for their words instead of making excuses for them because of which side they are on.

And I'm not just talking about Pelosi. There's about 400 other ones in congress that need to get that message. It's old.

If you read this thread, you get two clear positions when it comes to policing in America.

#1-No police, no prisons, total anarchy and everyone for themselves.

Sarge, could you jog my memory and point out where anyone has said anything like that in this thread? In the sense they'd support or want that?

Maybe you meant there's that sentiment out there, I suppose on the fringes of the left. I haven't seen that here. Nor do I think that view is held by a significant number of people anywhere. Certainly not by mainstream Dems in Congress or President Biden.

I'd offer there's a #3 option, sensible police reform that's in the George Floyd Act passed by the House, currently sitting in the Senate.

Last edited:
In a sense, there really is no point discussing any of this any more. Everyone has already picked a side. It's like since Liberals are backing George Floyd, conservatives HAVE to be outraged that the cop went to jail or was over charged or whatever. It's like a default position both side go to on every ******* issue.

#1-No police, no prisons, total anarchy and everyone for themselves. Wild West as mentioned above.

#2-Cops should be able to treat a suspect like **** even if he's cuffed and prone on the concrete, because he was a criminal and a druggie and was going to probably die early anyway.

I don't think I want to live in either version of America.
we need a #3 position where the police don't over step their bounds, but you can't defund them and take away training and resources from them to let them be better cops. We need sensible law and order because as long as there are criminals, drugs, rapists, murderers, drunk drivers, etc, someone has to take them on and it's not a freakin' social worker, no matter what those Prius drivers think or say.

Last edited:
I don't understand why everyone has to go to their corners on this one. Yes, Floyd was no angel, but that doesn't excuse Chauvin's actions. Regardless of drugs in his system and whether or not he would have died later (none of us know that for sure), Chauvin callously kept his knee at his neck even after he was no longer conscious. No one is going to convince me that they needed to do that to an already handcuffed individual with 4 cops there. Perhaps if Chauvin had shown some semblance of empathy for human life none of this would be an issue. He deserves to rot in prison.

Again, I don't know why you and your ideological brethren keep whaling away on these strawmen - again and again and again. *sob* "Why do you think Adolf Chauvin should be free and acquitted on all counts?"

Can you please find one post on this thread - ONE POST - suggesting Chauvin did nothing wrong and should face no punishment? The argument has been about degree of guilt. I tried to explain why under Minnesota law, a lack of intent to kill means manslaughter is the charge most likely to stick. The indifferent failure to summon medical assistance may well have played a role in his death. That would be manslaughter.

Citing evidence from the coroner about the cause of death is not a wild trip into excuse land. In fact, in basically ever murder trial conducted, the prosecution calls one witness on cause of death - the coroner, the one person whose job it is to determine cause of death. Why would the prosecution here need to call three medical experts, none of whom is a pathologist, to discuss cause of death, rather than the doctor who performed the autopsy, obtained the lab samples from the autopsy, and whose job it is to determine cause of death?

Did you ever ask yourself that? And cause of death is a factor in any murder trial. The debate on that point is not some "golden ticket" that means Chauvin committed no potential criminal wrong, but instead - once again - a legitimate point of debate. Only the very dumb or mentally challenged, window-lickers if you will, ascribe evil motive to those who actually know what the hell a trial is and what constitutes evidence and wonder if the evidence can support a certain charge.

we need a #3 position where the police don't over step their bounds, but you can't defund them and take away training and resources from them to let them be better cops. We need sensible law and order because as long as there are criminals, drugs, rapists, murderers, drunk drivers, etc, someone has to take them on and it's not a freakin' social worker, no matter what those Prius drivers think or say.
A position that encourages people to comply with an officer and definitely not violently resist would eliminate 99% of these incidents.

But that can no longer be part of the discussion because it's considered "victim blaming". The fact is cops want what everyone else does...to be able to go home alive and well at the end of the day. Failing to cooperate puts both the police officer and the civilian at risk.

Pathetic how he cuts off this veteran NYPD officer because he agreed with the verdict. Funny how Tucker CANCELS any talk he doesn’t want to hear, but at the same time complains about cancel culture. Pure hypocrisy. What a *****.

You are in fact, demonstrably, the stupidest, laziest, dumbest, most idiotic moron ever to post on this forum. Da Bus is a combination of Newton and Hawking compared to you.

First, Carlson had the guy as a guest on his show. Get it, he had the guy as a guest ON. HIS. SHOW. Name the last contrary view CNN or MSNBC had on their show. Go ahead, you stupid, dumb, lazy, ignorant, urine-soaked, ugly, fat, unemployed loser.

Second, Carlson regularly invites those with differing views on his show - from Lori Lightfoot, to Andrew Cuomo, Kamala Harris, Dr. Fauci, Joe Biden, and on and on. Because you are so stupid and lazy, you don't know that Carlson made his reputation by having opposing views on his show and then debating them, invariably destroying the other view and making the person espousing such opinions look, well, as stupid as you. Okay, not that stupid. Those people stopped going on his show with the excuse, "Oh, we're not going to help his show." He has the number 1 show by far so that excuse is obviously a lie. The truth is that your ideological compatriots are universally so shallow, dumb, lazy, stupid, overly emotional morons that they invariably looked like, well, shallow, dumb, lazy, stupid, overly emotional morons when they went on the show and stopped going to avoid embarrassing themselves.

Back to your hidey-hole, little man. Maybe some day somebody will need a coffee and you can feel needed again.

Nah.

Oh, and "have a nice day," you diseased slimebag.

Again, I don't know why you and your ideological brethren keep blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Guilty on all three counts. Unanimous, airtight, open and shut case.

What a relief to start the day with Derek Chauvin sitting in a jail cell, awaiting sentencing. The coffee tastes extra good today. One less bad cop on the streets terrorizing citizens. (y)

To anyone paying attention, police officers themselves wanted nothing to do with a bad cop like Chauvin.

Decaf, I suspect you have already been told not to misquote what others have written when you use the quotation feature. Doing so is a sing of intellectual vapidity and cowardice.

Also, it is a great day because I am in America. You're not.

It's a great day because I am getting ready to go work. You're not.

It's a great day because I work in a licensed profession. You're an unemployed coffee server.

You know why things like some trial in Minnesota or an election in a country you can't even find employment in is so important to lightweights like you? Because the sad truth is that you are nothing, and stare into the abyss of your emptiness, desperately seeking something to make you relevant. You glom on to stupid **** like global warming or some cop's trial to make you seem important.

It doesn't, because you're not.

Poor Squealtime, I feel for ya man. Maybe put some ointment on that chapped hide. Totally misread this open and shut case, got summarily *****-slapped by the unanimous, 3-0 verdict. Guilty on all counts.

Must feel like **** getting it so wrong, given this is supposedly your line of work. Oh well, better luck next time. Maybe once, you'll get something right, like the blind squirrel finding the nut.

Now back to your default setting, the unhinged ranting and raving and being utterly outraged 24/7. (y)

The testimony of world-renowned pulmonologist Dr. Martin Tobin bears repeating. He testified, in no uncertain terms, that the manner in which Chauvin kneeled on Floyd's neck for that amount of time, on a prone body with chest down, arms pulled back in handcuffs, would have literally killed anybody. Nobody would have survived that.

Let's hope the judge throws the kitchen sink at Chauvin when deciding on sentencing.

how does that match up with GF having 98% oxygen saturation at autopsy? It doesn’t.

I'm republican, conservative Trump supporter. I think the cop deserved to be found guilty.

I'm republican, conservative Trump supporter. I think the cop deserved to be found guilty.

almost everybody thinks he should have been found guilty. The debate is guilty of what? It appears that they ignored the law in charging him with murder in addition to manslaughter. He was guilty of manslaughter no doubt. My concern is a legal system that bows to public pressure in applying the law.

There can’t be double standards. You impeach Trump for comment, you do the same for Waters. You demand cops held accountable for Floyd or Jabob Blake then you have to demand a trial for the capital cop who shot an unarmed woman.

Poor Squealtime, I feel for ya man. Maybe put some ointment on that chapped hide. Totally misread this open and shut case, got summarily *****-slapped by the unanimous, 3-0 verdict. Guilty on all counts.

Wow, somebody should have told me I was somehow involved in the case. I might have done something. Like burn a shoe store.

The problem with empty, vacuous losers like you is that you believe you are actually part of things having nothing to do with you. I am able to differentiate stuff 1800 miles from me and having zero to do with my life from things that actually matter to me. You should try it.

Must feel like **** getting it so wrong, given this is supposedly your line of work. Oh well, better luck next time. Maybe once, you'll get something right, like the blind squirrel finding the nut.

The legal opinions of unemployed baristas living in Hungary + $4 will get me a coffee at Starbucks.

When I care about what you have to contribute, I'll snap my fingers and order a coffee.

I think the focus from hereon shouldn't be on this one case. It's great they finally got it right, and a bad cop was found to be guilty of murdering an innocent man.

The bigger picture is all the hard work that's still ahead, to continue implementing police reform measures, passing legislation, eroding the clout & power of police unions, expanding community outreach programs. The fight for civil rights and a just & fair justice system must go on.

In Congress, there should be a bipartisan effort to pass the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, without further ado.

The legislation, described as expansive, would:
  • Grant power to the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division to issue subpoenas to police departments as part of "pattern or practice" investigations into whether there has been a "pattern and practice" of bias or misconduct by the department[8]
  • Provide grants to state attorneys general to "create an independent process to investigate misconduct or excessive use of force" by police forces[9]
  • Establish a federal registry of police misconduct complaints and disciplinary actions[9]
  • Enhance accountability for police officers who commit misconduct, by restricting the application of the qualified immunity doctrine for local and state officers,[8][10] and by changing the mens rea (intent) element of 18 U.S.C. § 242 (the federal criminal offense of "deprivation of rights under color of law," which has been used to prosecute police for misconduct) from "willfully" to "knowingly or with reckless disregard"[11]
  • Require federal uniformed police officers to have body-worn cameras[9][4]
  • Require marked federal police vehicles to be equipped with dashboard cameras.[9]
  • Require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to "ensure" the use of body-worn and dashboard cameras.[4]
  • Restrict the transfer of military equipment to police[9] (see 1033 program, militarization of police)
  • Require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to adopt anti-discrimination policies and training programs, including those targeted at fighting racial profiling[4]
  • Prohibit federal police officers from using chokeholds or other carotid holds (which led to the death of Eric Garner), and require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to adopt the same prohibition[4]
  • Prohibit the issuance of no-knock warrants (warrants that allow police to conduct a raid without knocking or announcing themselves) in federal drug investigations, and provide incentives to the states to enact a similar prohibition.[4]
  • Change the threshold for the permissible use of force by federal law enforcement officers from "reasonableness" to only when "necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury."[4]
  • Mandate that federal officers use deadly force only as a last resort and that de-escalation be attempted, and condition federal funding to state and local law enforcement agencies on the adoption of the same policy.[4]

What is there not to like? These are all rational measures that encourage transparency and help ensure the safety and well-being of all citizens, who police officers are sworn to protect.

Write to your Congressman or woman now, and tell them to throw their full support behind this.

You want to keep people off the streets from protesting police brutality? End police brutality. Fix some basic issues in the justice system. No law-abiding citizen should have to live in constant fear of an overzealous police force.

Last edited:
Have you seen the Ma-Khia Bryant bodycam video out of Columbus? So now apparently a police officer cannot shoot someone even if they are in the act of stabbing someone else.

I guess we don't care about the life of the girl who was about to be stabbed?

What is wrong with the George Floyd policing act? The most glaring example is ending qualified immunity. Subjecting indivdual officers to harassing lawsuits every time someone doesn't like the outcome of a police action, even if the officer was acting in good faith. So what happens when an officer in this Columbus situation comes upon someone in the act of stabbing someone? If they shoot they will be sued. If they don't shoot and the girl gets stabbed to death they will be sued.

Would literally be the end of policing.

Wow. You have ADD on top of retardation. Brutal...

How was George Floyd not an innocent victim?

Because of his fentanyl use? So you're comfortable with police officers on the streets of America rounding up and executing some 2M opiod users around the country? Serving as judge, jury and executioner.

Or, you meant you're okay with police murdering people passing bogus $20 bills. Again, serving as judge, jury and executioner.

Yeah, no surprise coming from you.

I think the focus from hereon shouldn't be on this one case. It's great they finally got it right, and a bad cop was found to be guilty of murdering an innocent man.

The bigger picture is all the hard work that's still ahead, to continue implementing police reform measures, passing legislation, eroding the clout & power of police unions, expanding community outreach programs. The fight for civil rights and a just & fair justice system must go on.

In Congress, there should be a bipartisan effort to pass the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, without further ado.

The legislation, described as expansive, would:
  • Grant power to the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division to issue subpoenas to police departments as part of "pattern or practice" investigations into whether there has been a "pattern and practice" of bias or misconduct by the department[8]
  • Provide grants to state attorneys general to "create an independent process to investigate misconduct or excessive use of force" by police forces[9]
  • Establish a federal registry of police misconduct complaints and disciplinary actions[9]
  • Enhance accountability for police officers who commit misconduct, by restricting the application of the qualified immunity doctrine for local and state officers,[8][10] and by changing the mens rea (intent) element of 18 U.S.C. § 242 (the federal criminal offense of "deprivation of rights under color of law," which has been used to prosecute police for misconduct) from "willfully" to "knowingly or with reckless disregard"[11]
  • Require federal uniformed police officers to have body-worn cameras[9][4]
  • Require marked federal police vehicles to be equipped with dashboard cameras.[9]
  • Require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to "ensure" the use of body-worn and dashboard cameras.[4]
  • Restrict the transfer of military equipment to police[9] (see 1033 program, militarization of police)
  • Require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to adopt anti-discrimination policies and training programs, including those targeted at fighting racial profiling[4]
  • Prohibit federal police officers from using chokeholds or other carotid holds (which led to the death of Eric Garner), and require state and local law enforcement agencies that receive federal funding to adopt the same prohibition[4]
  • Prohibit the issuance of no-knock warrants (warrants that allow police to conduct a raid without knocking or announcing themselves) in federal drug investigations, and provide incentives to the states to enact a similar prohibition.[4]
  • Change the threshold for the permissible use of force by federal law enforcement officers from "reasonableness" to only when "necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury."[4]
  • Mandate that federal officers use deadly force only as a last resort and that de-escalation be attempted, and condition federal funding to state and local law enforcement agencies on the adoption of the same policy.[4]

What is there not to like? These are all rational measures that encourage transparency and help ensure the safety and well-being of all citizens, who police officers are sworn to protect.

Write to your Congressman or woman now, and tell them to throw their full support behind this.

You want to keep people off the streets from protesting police brutality? End police brutality. Fix some basic issues in the justice system. No law-abiding citizen should have to live in constant fear of an overzealous police force.

in effect it puts the civil rights division in charge of all cops in America. It also give state attorney generals a slush fund to put together enemies lists.

Creating a centrally controlled police state. What’s not to like?

How was George Floyd not an innocent victim?

Because of his fentanyl use? So you're comfortable with police officers on the streets of America rounding up and executing some 2M opiod users around the country? Serving as judge, jury and executioner.

Or, you meant you're okay with police murdering people passing bogus $20 bills. Again, serving as judge, jury and executioner.

Yeah, no surprise coming from you.

Here dumbass, educate yourself...

George Floyd’s Criminal Past

• George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
  • On May 25, 2020, Floyd was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store in Minneapolis
  • He was under the influence of fentanyl and methamphetamine at the time of arrest
  • Floyd has more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest and went to jail for atleast 5 times
  • George Floyd was the ringleader of a violent home invasion
  • He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
  • Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
  • He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
  • Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
  • He had another stint for a theft in August 1998
According to court records obtained by the DailyMail, before moving to Minneapolis in 2014, George Floyd was released from prison in Texas. He worked as a bouncer at a local restaurant.

002-3.jpg

Floyd along with another suspect posed as a worker for the local water department wearing a blue uniform in order to enter a woman’s house. When the woman retaliated a Ford Explorer pulled up to the home and five other males exited the car and went up to the front door.

002-6.jpg

The report states the largest of the group, who the victim later identified as Floyd, ‘forced his way inside the residence, placed a pistol against the complainant’s abdomen, and forced her into the living room area of the residence.

‘This large suspect then proceeded to search the residence while another armed suspect guarded the complainant, who was struck in the head and sides by this second armed suspect with his pistol while she screamed for help.’

Not finding any drugs or money at the house, the men took jewelry and the woman’s cell phone and fled in their car. A neighbor who witnessed the robbery took down the car’s license plate number.

Later, police tracked down the car and found Floyd behind the wheel. He was later identified by the woman as the large suspect who placed a gun against her stomach and forced her into her living room, the document states.

002-8.jpg

Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine. Floyd had two other cocaine offenses, receiving an eight month-sentence stemming from an October 2002 arrest and was sentenced to 10 months from a 2004 arrest.

Floyd was arrested in April 2002 for criminal trespassing and was sentenced to 30 days in jail. He did another stint for theft with a firearm in August 1998. He served 10 months at Harris County jail.

In one of the charging documents, officials noted Floyd had two convictions in the 1990s for theft and delivery of a controlled substance, but it is not clear if Floyd served any time for either of those offenses.

With the unfortunate death of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin, America has been plunged into a Civil War by the anarchist organization Antifa. Much has been written about the group, however as GreatGameIndia reported earlier, Antifa’s ties to the British intelligence is a closely guarded secret. From glorifying a British war criminal to bomb innocent civilians again to receiving training and weapons from ISIS, GreatGameIndia investigation uncovers the plot against America and that Antifa has long been regarded by American intelligence as a terrorist organization to be disrupted before they get a foothold on American soil.

That's awesome, Indy. Let's send our cops out nationwide to execute everyone in the country with a previous criminal record.

Fantastic line of thinking! (y)

Nice to see you too are posting info from legitimate, reputable sites like this:

1619027798258.png

It's easy to see how some of you devolved into conspiracy nuts since you embraced MAGA. Also explains how former guy was able to gain such a strong, nearly hypnotic grip on your minds.

Scary stuff.