• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

Was he following police policy? A quote from another officer in the article you posted said this:

“Once the [officer] is in control, then you release,” Masson said. “That’s what use of force is: You use it till the threat has stopped.”

What threat was there from Floyd who was handcuffed, laying on the ground with 3 other officers there besides Chauvin.........2 of them were also on Floyd.
like i said, Chauvin is a disgusting piece of **** in how he handled this. Yes, per policy, he should have allowed GF to stand, or at least sit up.

But, we do not know - or at least I've not seen - why they pulled him from the back of the cop car and threw him on the ground.

The only logical conclusion was that he became violent after they pulled him out. At that point, they could determine him as a threat and put him on the ground, with the knee applied. Per policy, once GF ceased resisting, the knee hold should have been released. But, Chauvin could have thought he was not applying enough pressure to GF's neck that would have resulted in GF's dying.

I don't think anyone is excusing Chauvin's actions, decisions made have consequences. Were Mr. Floyd not a criminal thug, he wouldn't have been in this situation to begin with, I do suspect, based on his drug use, he might be just as dead today.
and his family wouldn't have millions

Everyone but the utterly blind and deaf can plainly see how Chauvin murdered this man in broad daylight. Nothing some greasy, slimeball lawyer - like Chauvin's - can say or do will ever change that. If you believe the adage that a few bad cops ruin it for a lot of good cops, here's your chance to stand with justice and on the right side of history. It's a layup. It doesn't involve too much deep thinking or analysis.

Why do I still think some of you will fail even this most basic, rudimentary test of humanity? Well, because I've been on this board for too many years to know any better, that's why.

Everyone but the utterly blind and deaf can plainly see how Chauvin murdered this man in plain daylight. Nothing some greasy, slimeball lawyer - like Chauvin's - can say or do will ever change that. If you believe the adage that a few bad cops ruin it for a lot of good cops, here's your chance to stand with justice and on the right side of history. It's a layup. It doesn't involve too much deep thinking or analysis.

Why do I still think some of you will fail even this most basic, rudimentary test of humanity? Well, because I've been on this board for too many years to know any better, that's why.
and why should anyone give a flying **** what you think about us, individually or collectively.
if you even bothered to read through this ******* thread, you'd see no one is giving Chauvin any wiggle room. Yet, you continue to follow your playbook of instigating and agitating.

you'd see no one is giving Chauvin any wiggle room.

Oh ok, my bad. Must have completely misunderstood a handful of posts on here viscously attacking the victim, saying he deserved to die. Silly me, I let my imagination get carried away. I surely didn't read anything like that in this thread. Nor did I read a lick from a so-called legal expert on here pontificating on the minute legalities of this case, surely not looking for any 'wiggle room' for Chauvin.

'Tis was all a figment of my imagination. Carry on.

Oh ok, my bad. Must have completely misunderstood a handful of posts on here viscously attacking the victim, saying he deserved to die. Silly me, I let my imagination get carried away, must not have read anything like that in this thread. Carry on.
i'll say GF was a piece of **** and was lucky to have lived long enough to secure a large pay day for his family.
did he deserve to die FOR passing a bad check? no
did he deserve to die for the vast majority of his actions prior to that day? assuredly so.

Tibs, I never have once condemned GF for being a past criminal or drug user or given those cops any leniency. Whatever the police procedure supposely he followed failed(in my eyes).
In the USA, even Chauvin deserves his day in court and a lawyer to defend his actions and hear his side. I doubt that it will be fair and inpartial, but that's his problem. Whatever is the outcome, I can only hope that it's accepted, but we know that will not be the case.

I’m not making excuses for bad cops. I’m just saying that law abiding citizens have a 99.99999% chance of not becoming a victim of a bad cop. Those who repeatedly put themselves in a position to interact with the police will increase their chances of encountering a bad one.

Oh ok, my bad. Must have completely misunderstood a handful of posts on here viscously attacking the victim, saying he deserved to die. Silly me, I let my imagination get carried away. I surely didn't read anything like that in this thread. Nor did I read a lick from a so-called legal expert on here pontificating on the minute legalities of this case, surely not looking for any 'wiggle room' for Chauvin.

'Tis was all a figment of my imagination. Carry on.
Just to be clear, I personally never said he deserved to die. I said he would had died regardless and the world is a better place with one less career criminal.

Everyone but the utterly blind and deaf can plainly see how Chauvin murdered this man in broad daylight. Nothing some greasy, slimeball lawyer - like Chauvin's - can say or do will ever change that. If you believe the adage that a few bad cops ruin it for a lot of good cops, here's your chance to stand with justice and on the right side of history. It's a layup. It doesn't involve too much deep thinking or analysis.

My what a self righteous know -it -all bleeding heart you are. Chauvin didn't even know he was killing the thug but you do?

That's why he's being charged with 3rd degree murder idiot.

The probable cause statement also said that preliminary results from an autopsy “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation,” adding that Mr. Floyd had coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death,” the statement said.

Chauvin didn't even know he was killing the thug but you do?
I don't know, man. You would have thought GF telling Chauvin he couldn't breathe and his pleas for help would have clued him in, and if that wasn't enough, when GF stopped moving at all should have been another clue. I can't be sure he intended to kill George Floyd, but he has to know that keep your knee on a guy's neck for 10 minutes can't be healthy for the suspect.

Chauvin was charged with three different homicide charges, because apparently, even Ellison couldn't plainly see how Chauvin murdered this man in broad daylight.

**** George Floyd. that piece of **** held a knife to a pregnant woman's stomach for what 20 dollars.
Well... In fairness woke-folks would point out that the woman hadn't HAD the baby yet, so there was no human being in there to threaten. He basically just held a knife to an overweight woman's tummy.

Well... In fairness woke-folks would point out that the woman hadn't HAD the baby yet, so there was no human being in there to threaten. He basically just held a knife to an overweight woman's tummy.
why do you assume that was a woman?

Here's my take on this Tibs. You are making this situation a binary one. Good or bad. Nothing in between. Chauvin is evil and GF is innocent, that's how you see it. To you, there is no gray area.

The reality is, there truly are different issues at play here. You will only consider the political one. The one that benefits your woke, communist, political agenda.

Fact: Chauvin was wrong. Acted out of line. Contributed to this man's death. Deserves to be incarcerated, period. No different than the SC police officer who shot Walter Scott in the back and is now in prison.

Fact: GF is a life long criminal. GF was to the point of near overdose on drugs. GF had severe cardio issues going on. GF did contribute to his own demise as well by putting himself in this situation.

This isn't simply cut and dry like you want to make it.

GF played with fire. He got burned. Should he have gotten burned by the cop? Nope. But he put himself in the situation, no one else did.

If I insist on risking my life and running across highways, at some point in time, I'm gonna get hit by a car. The safe thing to do would be to avoid the highway. These career criminals live on the highway. They encounter police at a drastically higher rate than you or I, and often because of their actions, in tense if not gun drawn or physical altercation scenarios. When you put yourself in these situations, and when you're committing crime, AND when you resist arrest, you severely increase your likelihood of dying.

Despite everyone unanimously saying Chauvin was wrong, we are STILL allowed to have a discussion about the victim, his actions, and how he contributed to his own demise. NONE of that means we are excusing Chauvin.

I don't know whether the guy is guilty of murder or not, but I think he and the others clearly didn't do everything they could have done to secure the man's welfare.

I don't know whether the guy is guilty of murder or not, but I think he and the others clearly didn't do everything they could have done to secure the man's welfare.
I would think that the police are trained to recognize a drug overdose.

'Tis was murder, folks.

Chauvin, 45, is charged with murder and manslaughter in Floyd’s death May 25.

Instead of closing ranks to protect a fellow officer behind what has been dubbed the “blue wall of silence,” some of the most experienced members of the Minneapolis force have taken the stand to openly condemn Chauvin’s actions as excessive.

Maybe Chauvin didn't directly cause his death but would he have survived if he had taken his knee off when he first went limp and rendered aid? Instead he knelt on him for maybe 3 or 4 more minutes. He wasn't trying to get control over a resisting suspect, he was angry and annoyed and was punishing him for resisting. You could tell that by the look on his face. Floyd was no angel but that's not the cop's job.

I have no problem if he gets convicted. Yeah, Floyd should have had respect for authority but Chauvin should have had respect for a human life that was ebbing away while he knelt there.

Even if Chauvin did not cause his death he held him him down while he was clearly limp and helpless and possibly dying, rather than rendering aid. I think the defense strategy here is to just try to prove that he didn't intend to kill him. They know he's going down for something.

As far as Tibs' assertion that lawyers who defend him are greasy slimeballls, well I guess you don't give a **** that we live in a country where everyone is entitled to a fair trial with vigorous defense. We should just appoint the mob as judge, jury, and executioner and not bother with fair trials I guess. .

As far as Tibs' assertion that lawyers who defend him are greasy slimeballls, well I guess you don't give a **** that we live in a country where everyone is entitled to a fair trial with vigorous defense. We should just appoint the mob as judge, jury, and executioner and not bother with fair trials I guess. .

Nah, thanks for the hysterics though. Of course he deserves a fair trial, nobody is denying that. The fact this excruciating murder was taped in full, for the world to see, leaves little wiggle room to explain away Chauvin's brutal act. And the lawyer is a slimeball, but hey, that's nothing new in that field.

So yeah, let the trial play out, let's hear all the witness testimony, see the relevant facts, which is all happening as we speak. When it's all said and done, I'm hoping justice will be served by a fair judgement reached by Chauvin's peers on the jury.

Life in prison without parole would be my call, if that's on the table.

Yeah it’s looking like the Fentanyl is what did George Floyd in. Chauvin will get popped on a much lesser included offense and get a light sentence because he has no criminal priors. Get ready for more riots. I suggest having lots of ammo on hand this summer.

Get ready for more riots.

What a wonderful group of people, demanding a predetermined outcome or they threaten to riot. What kind of ******* moron claims to know what the decision should be before evidence is presented, a single witness heard, and before the defense has a chance to present its side? I mean, how ******* stupid would you have to be?

[Reads Decaf's comments]

Yeah, that stupid.

I suggest having lots of ammo on hand this summer.

Neighbor fortunately took that to heart long ago, before ammo prices exploded due to douchebaggery by the left.