• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

I guess you guys (and gals) are right, I'm a real simpleton who thinks we're watching a trial to prove that Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd after watching a video of Derek Chauvin killing George Floyd. I'll leave the high-brow lawyering to you high-brow lawyers. We'll see what judgement the jury reaches.

This part has already been soundly refuted in the trial. So that leaves the first two...

Again, I don't want to belabor what you already know given your remarkable legal training, but a lot of us who have been to court wearing a suit rather than an orange jumper, point out the following:
  • We presume the prosecution can offer evidence in support of its charge, such as, "No, that was not what he was trained to do."
  • Otherwise, the prosecution would not have shown something called "probable cause" to begin with. There wouldn't be a ******* trial.
  • However, what happens next is that the other side gets a chance.
  • The other side can present witnesses and manuals showing that indeed the officer was trained to do just that, or something similar.
  • The jury then decides if that evidence raises reasonable doubt.
  • Only a complete ******* idiot accepts what the prosecution says at face value and fails to wait for the response, particularly where the defense need raise only reasonable doubt.

I guess you guys (and gals) are right, I'm a real simpleton who thinks we're watching a trial to prove that Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd after watching a video of Derek Chauvin killing George Floyd.

That's your expert medical opinion?

I'll leave the high-brow lawyering to you high-brow lawyers.

Followed by your expert legal analysis?

We'll see what judgement the jury reaches.

Whaaaat? Why bother? Get a rope, Decaf.

I guess you guys (and gals) are right, I'm a real simpleton who thinks we're watching a trial to prove that Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd after watching a video of Derek Chauvin killing George Floyd. I'll leave the high-brow lawyering to you high-brow lawyers. We'll see what judgement the jury reaches.
You do know that Chauvin hasn't even been charged with first degree murder, right? The most serious charge against him is second-degree unintentional murder. Even the prosecutors don't believe he intentionally killed him. Maximum penalty is 40 years but he would be more likely to get 10-15 with no priors.

But you know better I'm sure.

We aren't debating whether he's a harmless angel or not. We're debating the extent of his culpability.

Again, I don't want to belabor what you already know given your remarkable legal training, but a lot of us who have been to court wearing a suit rather than an orange jumper, point out the following:
  • We presume the prosecution can offer evidence in support of its charge, such as, "No, that was not what he was trained to do."
  • Otherwise, the prosecution would not have shown something called "probable cause" to begin with. There wouldn't be a ******* trial.
  • However, what happens next is that the other side gets a chance.
  • The other side can present witnesses and manuals showing that indeed the officer was trained to do just that, or something similar.
  • The jury then decides if that evidence raises reasonable doubt.
  • Only a complete ******* idiot accepts what the prosecution says at face value and fails to wait for the response, particularly where the defense need raise only reasonable doubt.

Keep holding onto every last strand of hope that your main squeeze Chauvin somehow finds a way to wiggle out of this. Good luck!

Keep holding onto every last strand of hope that your main squeeze Chauvin somehow finds a way to wiggle out of this. Good luck!
see, that is why you get the flack you do.
you've been told for going on 4 pages now that no one - NO ONE - believes Chauvin was admirable nor even acted admirably. We have collectively and individually called him a POS. Straight up POS. The fact that he had his knee on GF's neck and didnt move it proves just that. Underscores. Bolds. Italicizes it. Puts it in bright red font. Chauvin is a POS.

what we're attempting to get through your head is that the absolute, undeniable fact that GF had more than FOUR times the lethal dose of fentanyl in his body would have ALSO played a role in his death. Regardless of where Chauvin was at that time.

have medical examiners said there was no damage to GF's windpipe? you do know that it somewhat flexible correct? If it wasnt, you couldnt turn your head side to side.
was GF saying he couldnt breathe prior to being placed on the ground, as some have said? if so, wouldn't that have something to do with the entire concept of GF not being able to breathe - knee or not?
if you look at the pic you continuously post, you see that Chauvin has a knee - On The Ground. Thus, his full body weight was not on GF's neck.
is it absent the possibility that Chauvin thought GF had passed out and was not dead?

I dont give a flying **** about Chauvin. He could have acted differently in this situation. But, I'm 1,000 miles away sitting on my sofa and am not going to Monday Morning Quarterback the actions of a cop when I was not there at that moment.

Do I think Chauvin should serve time for his actions? I'm unsure about that.
Do I believe that GF was also an accomplice in the actions leading to his death? I'm 100% positive he did.

see, that is why you get the flack you do.

Believe me, I wear it like a badge of honor.

But yeah, I get it. I've gone too far presuming guilt in this case. I stand as charged. I saw what I saw. To me everything else, ie GF's drug use is insignificant to the fact Chauvin kneeled on his neck for ten minutes. Same goes for whatever other issues Floyd may have had in the past. He wasn't resisting, was clearly struggling with his health. He was handcuffed, subdued, just needed to be propped up, given medical attention then hauled off to jail for whatever crime he was charged with (passing a forged $20 bill?). End of story. The fact none of that happened was due to dumbassery by Chauvin and excessive use of force. Even if GF would have survived this ordeal, I'd still rather bad cops like this were taken off the streets. Just ruining it for decent officers who do the right thing, day in and day out and serve with valor & honor.

But yeah, I've been pushing the envelope on this, I realize that.

So again, we'll see how the trial plays out, what the jury decides in the end, regarding Chauvin's culpability.

But yeah, I get it. I've gone too far presuming guilt in this case. I stand as charged. I saw what I saw. To me everything else, ie GF's drug use is insignificant to the fact Chauvin kneeled on his neck for ten minutes. Same goes for whatever other issues Floyd may have had in the past. He wasn't resisting, was clearly struggling with his health. He was handcuffed, subdued, just needed to be propped up, given medical attention then hauled off to jail for whatever crime he was charged with (passing a forged $20 bill?). End of story. The fact none of that happened was due to dumbassery by Chauvin and excessive use of force. Even if GF would have survived this ordeal, I'd still rather bad cops like this were taken off the streets. Just ruining it for decent officers who do the right thing, day in and day out and serve with valor & honor.

So again, we'll see how the trial plays out, what the jury decides in the end, regarding Chauvin's culpability.
Unlike the inquiring minds want to know crowd, I have not paid any attention to this. That said, how do you know that he didn't resist after he was taken out of the police cruiser? If he didn't resist at all, that should be the nail in the coffin for Chauvin.

I don’t know what everyone is belly aching about. Chauvin is going to be convicted. That was set in stone the moment the first riot started in Minneapolis. Personally, I think he’ll be convicted of 2nd degree, but I think he’ll get less than 20 years from a jury trying to have it both ways. Just my opinion.

State's own expert says that he has used similar restraint and that it is a less lethal option that using a baton to smack a guy which is what used to be taught.

Another big aspect is that there was a crowd that was shouting threats meaning the crowd was deemed a threat and that means EMS stays away. So the fools filming and threatening cops were stopping EMS from arriving.

Seen the video that BLM threatened that buildings will be burned down across the world if DC is not convicted. I think we will get a rerun of last Summer. I don't think any conviction will be accepted.

He’s going to get acquitted.

They won’t prove 2nd degree murder—intent to kill (just not premeditated). 1st degree is premeditated with intent. 3rd degree murder requires intent to do harm.

Manslaughter requires proving negligence.

When the prosecutors are getting testimony that are saying that Chauvin could have used MORE lethal force. That takes murder off the table.

Reasonable Doubt seems evident and Defense hasn’t even started yet.

One thing is certain, if they do find Chauvin guilty, it would be more merciful to walk him directly from court into a lethal injection chamber. If they put him in a federal prison he'll be beaten to death within a week.

Would be kinder and more cathartic for the enraged if they just executed him on live television.
He’d be put in protective custody.

To this day the woman who killed Selina has a hit on her by Mexican mafia—she’s locked up 23 hours a day.

Nah, thanks for the hysterics though. Of course he deserves a fair trial, nobody is denying that. The fact this excruciating murder was taped in full, for the world to see, leaves little wiggle room to explain away Chauvin's brutal act. And the lawyer is a slimeball, but hey, that's nothing new in that field.

So yeah, let the trial play out, let's hear all the witness testimony, see the relevant facts, which is all happening as we speak. When it's all said and done, I'm hoping justice will be served by a fair judgement reached by Chauvin's peers on the jury.

Life in prison without parole would be my call, if that's on the table.
Lol.
You're such a fake. In your first paragraph you're calling it an "excruciating murder" then follow up with "let's hear all the witness testimony, see the relevant facts, which is all happening as we speak".

Obviously you haven't been paying attention to the facts you pretend to have high regard for. And don't try and slimeball your way out of that one.

Just wait when DC gets acquitted. Some slimeball in third world Hungary will be cheering as American cities are being burned by his fellow democrats.

I don't think there will be that much destruction. You have to remember, the BLM riots were designed to take down Trump. With the Dems now in total control, there is no more political upside to riots. There will be some but i don't think it will be major.

I don't think there will be that much destruction. You have to remember, the BLM riots were designed to take down Trump. With the Dems now in total control, there is no more political upside to riots. There will be some but i don't think it will be major.
Oh no no no...even with Trump gone, they want division, they want a civil war in the streets. They have only just begun.

The career criminal junkie was having trouble breathing in the cop car because he overdosed. It had nothing to do with Chauvin's knee, which has now been proven to be on CCJ's shoulder blade.

Burn baby, burn!

I don't believe Chauvin should have kneeled on his neck but THAT was not choking him. He was handcuffed and not resisting. I have a problem with the fact that he was in a police car earlier, saying he couldn't breathe, and was pulled back out of the police car and put on the ground. Haul him off to jail right then and maybe they recognize that he's overdosing and give him a shot of whatever and maybe he doesn't die. He couldn't breath because he was dying from a fentanyl overdose, a fact which the district attorney covered up for four months. He would have been dead in a half hour if no one touched him.

Last edited:

MINNEAPOLIS VS. THE EVIDENCE​

April 7, 2021 by Ann Coulter
Share:

MINNEAPOLIS VS. THE EVIDENCE

Apparently, no one is watching the trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer on trial for the murder of George Floyd. Otherwise, the media couldn’t get away with their spectacular lying to the public about how the prosecution is killing it.
It’s quite the opposite. In fact, in less than a week, the prosecution’s theory of the crime has subtly shifted from MURDER! to “failed to provide what we would say, in retrospect, would be a full and complete duty of care during the one- to three-minute interval between Floyd’s resisting the police to his dying, as a hostile crowd screamed obscenities at the police officers.”
The defense hasn’t even begun to make its case, but the prosecution’s witnesses keep helping Chauvin. (The only exception to the wild media lying is Headline News, where the lawyer commentators go the extra mile by watching the trial.)
Week One was chock-a-block with weeping bystanders wailing about how they felt watching Chauvin restrain Floyd. This would be tremendous evidence if the charge against Officer Chauvin were “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” But that’s not the charge. That’s not even a crime.
One especially distraught witness, Charles McMillian, an elderly black man, testified to seeing “foam” coming out of Floyd’s mouth.
QUIZ: Is foam coming out of the mouth a sign of:

a) a head wound?
b) strangulation?
c) a drug overdose?
ANSWER: c) a drug overdose.
Apart from that crucial fact, McMillian’s evidence only pertained to “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” Which, again, is not a crime.
My favorite witness — and the media’s favorite, too! — was Genevieve Hansen, Feminist Hero. She appeared in court in her firefighter dress uniform and a belligerent mood — though not as belligerent as the day Floyd died, when she showed up in sweats and began shrieking at the officers.
The headlines are along the lines of “Firefighter: I Could Have Saved Floyd’s Life, But Police Wouldn’t Let Me.”
Yes, apparently, Genevieve would have invented a time machine, gone back, and stopped Floyd from ingesting three times the lethal dose of fentanyl. I take it back: Chubby girls make the best firefighters! (Don’t get snippy with me: It’s beyond outrageous that fire departments have abandoned all physical fitness requirements solely in order to hire more women.)
According to Genevieve, the police on the scene unaccountably refused to step aside and take direction from her, despite her full ONE YEAR of experience as a firefighter.
Genevieve was totally on top of the situation. In her statement to investigators shortly after the event, she described Floyd as a “small, slim man.” Floyd was at least 6-foot-4 and weighed 230 pounds. The largest police officer on the scene was Chauvin, coming in at 5-foot-9 and 140 pounds. Genevieve missed nothing!
Even in the calm setting of a courtroom, with no agitated bystanders yelling at her, here are the things Genevieve says she would have done to save Floyd’s life!
In order:
  1. “I would have requested additional help.”
  2. “I would have wanted someone to call 911.”
  3. “I would have asked someone to run to the gas station and look for an AED [a defibrillator].”

Why didn’t the officers think to call for medical backup??? Oh yeah, they already had. Twice. Starting about 10 minutes before Genevieve even showed up.
  1. “I would have checked his airway.”
  2. “I would have been worried about a spinal cord injury.”

As we know from the autopsy, there was no problem with Floyd’s airway or spinal cord. (But, as long as you bring it up, his body did contain three times the lethal dose of fentanyl.)
  1. “I would have checked for a pulse.”

Eureka! Why didn’t — oh wait, the officers had done this, repeatedly, as several bystander witnesses had already confirmed.
By now, Floyd was dead. That’s when she would have started chest compressions.
So Genevieve, the state’s star witness on what the cops did wrong, testified that she would have done pretty much everything the officers did. But she would have been a lot bossier about it.
As much as Genevieve’s one year with the fire department made her an expert on when a police officer should begin chest compressions, the Minneapolis Police Department’s own experts directly contradicted her this week. These were, again, prosecution witnesses.
On Tuesday, Lt. Johnny Mercil, the MDP’s use-of-force trainer, and Officer Nicole Mackenzie, the MPD’s medical support coordinator, testified that it would be appropriate not to provide care to a suspect who had just been fighting with officers, or in the presence of a hostile crowd.
Chauvin had both those circumstances.
Trying to do damage control, the prosecutor asked Officer Mackenzie to define a “hostile” crowd. She said, “a growing contingent of people around, if they’re yelling, being even verbally abusive to those trying to provide scene security.”
Hey — remember those weeping bystanders last week? Their own testimony confirmed that they were “yelling and even being verbally abusive to those trying to provide scene security.”
Donald Williams, for example, the bouncer and MMA hobbyist, admitted to continuously berating the officers — all of which is on tape — calling Chauvin a “******* bum,” “*****” and “a ******* ***** *** *****.” In one of the tapes, Williams threatens Officer Tou Thao, saying, “I swear I’ll slap the **** out of both of you!”
And of course, there was the lovely Genevieve screeching, “I have your name tag, *****!
Now you know why prime-time cable suddenly went back to covering COVID vaccination schedules this week.
COPYRIGHT 2021 ANN COULTER

I wish I could be this optimistic, but it will be bad, esp if he's acquitted. If he's found guilty and the sentence is not harsh enough, expect a good amount of rioting and regardless the outcome of his guilt, they will not be satisfied, so yea, expect more protests, destruction and death. The police will be targeted even greater. Trump was a superficial reason to cause havoc. They jumped on that bandwagon to for their "cause". This time will be the system.

Anyone watch Dr. Tobin's testimony a short while ago, specifying cause of death?

Needless to say, it is spectacularly different than the widespread sentiment - and highly inaccurate accounts - of his cause of death that we've seen in this thread.

Martin Tobin, a physician who specializes in pulmonology & critical care, is explaining in detail that a healthy person would have died if subjected to what George Floyd was subjected to. He says Floyd’s last breath was about three minutes before Derek Chauvin’s knee was lifted.

1617905890240.png

For those in the back, he explains in plain English that George Floyd died from being suffocated to death by some asshat kneeling on his neck for 10 minutes.

But don't let these pesky facts get in the way. Feel free to get back to the fetanyl/drug use angle, that he died later, that he would have died anyway... you know, all those sound arguments we've been reading about, pages on end.

Sorry to interrupt the heightened level of discourse you've been having on the subject, I'll butt right back out.

Anyone watch Dr. Tobin's testimony a short while ago, specifying cause of death?

Needless to say, it is spectacularly different than the widespread sentiment - and highly inaccurate accounts - of his cause of death that we've seen in this thread.

View attachment 4963

For those in the back, he explains in plain English that George Floyd died from being suffocated to death by some asshat kneeling on his neck for 10 minutes.

But don't let these pesky facts get in the way. Feel free to get back to the fetanyl/drug use angle, that he died later, that he would have died anyway... you know, all those sound arguments we've been reading about, pages on end.

Sorry to interrupt the heightened level of discourse you've been having on the subject, I'll butt right back out.
so the Fentanyl levels had zero, nada, zilch to do with it? even though the holy angel was declaring he was unable to breathe while in the back seat of the squad car, presumably sitting upright and singing the gospel.

gotcha. i'll butt right back out, too.

so the Fentanyl levels had zero, nada, zilch to do with it?

Yes, that is correct. Per the pulmonologist, medical science proves anyone would have died in the same situation, ie a completely healthy person would have died under the same conditions. The applied pressure forced a gradually decreasing lack of oxygen in the lungs. He was basically slowly suffocated, to the point as if his lungs would have been completely removed. In other words, he was murdered, to use the more colloquial expression.