• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Donald Trump to scrap Nasa’s climate change research because it is ‘too politicised’

Spike

Reaction score
'Climate research has been heavily politicised. We need good science to tell us what the reality is and science could do that if politicians didn’t interfere with it,' says senior Trump adviser.

Donald Trump is likely to end climate change research conducted by Nasa because it is “too politicised”.

Bob Walker, who has been appointed by the President-elect to chair the Nasa transition team for the new administration, said there was no need for Nasa to do what he has previously described as “politically correct environmental monitoring”.

Mr Walker, who was the chair of aerospace research under George Bush, said the “interference” of politicians in climate change research was preventing scientists from discovering the “reality” about climate change, and indicated that the Trump administration would replace Nasa’s focus on global warming with efforts to send humans into space.

“We see Nasa in an exploration role, in deep space research. Earth-centric science is better placed at other agencies where it is their prime mission.

“I believe that climate research is necessary but it has been heavily politicised, which has undermined a lot of the work that researchers have been doing. Mr Trump’s decisions will be based upon solid science, not politicised science.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-nasa-global-warming-bob-walker-a7433146.html

---------------------------------

Winning

Preventing scientists from discovering the "reality" about climate change. What a bunch of ****!

Now ya done it Trumpy. The world is going to explode with Islamic terror.

I'm more in belief of global warming than many here, but I love this policy change.

NASA is not NOAA. How it got tangled up in that and got funding for it us just bullshit. Probably some liberal bullshit way to funnel money into things they want "discovered" for their political objectives.

NASA needs to be focusing on build rockets and researching ways to travel better in space. Maybe find et.

NASA needs to be focusing on build rockets and researching ways to travel better in space.

amen

Trump Wants to Explore Jupiter’s Moon and the Solar System

"I will free NASA from the restriction of serving primarily as a logistics agency for low earth orbit activity," Trump, who was then a Republican presidential candidate, said at the Orlando Sanford International Airport in October. "Instead we will refocus its mission on space exploration. Under a Trump administration, Florida and America will lead the way into the stars."

http://www.spacepolicyonline.com/ne...-from-being-just-a-leo-space-logistics-agency