• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Draft Day 2.

Steeler made another fast pick, coming in still

Our pick is in ... who is going to be?

Too late........Speedy

Pick is in, but seems that CBS is hokding back the pic. Still don't even know who Seattle took.

Damn th jig is up. Nfl cracked down on them

Nevermind.....

They took Tuitt.

And, might want to see if we can trade this down. To me, no must have guy here, could use an extra pick.

If either the DE or NT remain, they stay and pick him whoever he is. Since they have him rated with their R1 pick Shazier, they think they're getting R1 talent. They won't trade away from that.

With the pens taking a night off I'm watching the 2nd round. Trying to figure out who is next.

TV is screwing up the draft......getting in the way of news

Tuitt is a nice selection this deep in the second.

Heh....CBSsaid ESPN is still broadcasting first round and told teddy to get his cell phone ready

He is big and strong, could not work out due to a hairline fracture in his foot. Had hernia surgery last offseason, was slow to start this season but came on. Dunno. Size fits the bill. Worked as a 3-4 DE. Should acclimate pretty quickly.

Med is a concern, but I like him. Another good pick.

Of the 4 possibilities I thought were next up on their board (Hageman, Tuitt, Crichton, Nix) I like Tuitt best. I woulda been ok with Hageman in R2, but he's a guy you'll sweat every day. The blue wire. No, the red wire. Blue, no red. Wait, green?

Nix, I got no use for whatsoever. Just a big inert blob. Takes on a lot of doubles, but gets successfully moved. By college guys. Throw in the knees and weight/conditioning issues, I got no use for that. Maybe he is like drafting Hampton. A 35yo Hampton.

And Crichton isn't a good fit. So out of that group, I'm good with Tuitt. Hernia surgery isn't a big deal to me, and the foot was minor, since he's already been cleared. Guessing the Steelers docs looked him over pretty good.

Last edited:
Ravens took Timmy Jernigan, DE, FSU.

Tuitt is the man.

They put him up at 304. Seemed like he was much heavier than that.

He sucks !! What a waste of a pick!!**** tombert!! Buuuuust!!

Jernigan is the better player, but doesn't fit well with us. Tuitt's not a bad pick. Could be worse. Some nice WR2s we passed on, though. Adams or Latimer could have added something new to our offense.

Tuitt was the must pick there with hageman gone. Picking Shazier means they want to keep 4 LB on the field so to go nickel they have to take out the NT. That means the 2 DE better be able to rush the passer and they better be strong.

I like that the Steelers are drafting smarter players. Part of their problems have been too many dummies.

To get back to Shazier, what that pick did was push down picks at other positions so now the biggest needs WR and CB won;t be addressed until late. WR is deep so maybe you still get a good one but they may be scraping the barrel on CB once again.