• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Draft Day 2.

nice pick I wanted Amaro or Moncrief. lots of talent still there wish we had more pick....lol

I like the focus on defense. definitely needed

Can't argue with the pick, he was the best available DL, and we need DL.

He looks stout but slow. Get him down in the 290's and lets see what he can do.

OK pick and sticking to their guns with BPA. Still need WR and CB. I don't see us getting starters there for this year. They may have to do some more in free agency.

Med is a concern, but I like him. Another good pick.

I thought the medical would take Tuitt and Nix out of play. It would be a concern for me, but hell, the Steelers did take a guy with a spine issue in the first, so don't know why I thought that. The foot fracture is a concern for me though. Would love to see Tuitt work on shedding a little quicker, but he plays with pretty good leverage and can move guys. Maybe it is just me, but so far in this draft, the DL has been somewhat undervalued. Lots of decent DL hanging around right now.

I thought the medical would take Tuitt and Nix out of play. It would be a concern for me, but hell, the Steelers did take a guy with a spine issue in the first, so don't know why I thought that. The foot fracture is a concern for me though. Would love to see Tuitt work on shedding a little quicker, but he plays with pretty good leverage and can move guys. Maybe it is just me, but so far in this draft, the DL has been somewhat undervalued. Lots of decent DL hanging around right now.

Justin Ellis...he's our!!!!!!!!!

Odd because of the way FA went for DL

Heyward, McClendon, Tuitt, Worilds, Jones, Timmons, Shazier ... pressure, pressure, pressure. And pressure will make the DBs look better. Of course we still need that CB to take over for Ike, but so far I can see what they are trying to accomplish with this draft. Hope it works out.

so that gives us a starting d of:
Tuitt (6'5", 304) - McLendon (6'4", 320) - Heyward (6'5", 288)
that's some beef on the DL

Worilds - Timmons - Shazier - Jones

Ike - Troy - Mitchell - Allen

Definitely going for younger and faster on defense. I like Tuitt very athletic and productive and was a 34 DE.

Heyward, McClendon, Tuitt, Worilds, Jones, Timmons, Shazier ... pressure, pressure, pressure. And pressure will make the DBs look better. Of course we still need that CB to take over for Ike, but so far I can see what they are trying to accomplish with this draft. Hope it works out.

Add Mitchell and Troy to that list

Was listening to Coach Mitchell talking about Tuitt, really excited about the guy, seemed almost giddy. Said that McLendon should take a big step forward this season. Coach told him that he needed to quit trying to be Hamp or Hoke and start being McLendon and he would be much better.

The announcer after that stated that if Tuitt had not had the injuries he would have been a top 10 pick. He worked for Steelers.com, so maybe he picked that up from them somewhere. Dunno, but you can bet his value to the Steelers was somewhere in the first.

Oh my, Green Bay drafted DaVante Adams. Does Rodgers really need more weapons?

if Davante Adams' woman had some ****...

so that gives us a starting d of:
Tuitt (6'5", 304) - McLendon (6'4", 320) - Heyward (6'5", 288)
that's some beef on the DL

Worilds - Timmons - Shazier - Jones

Ike - Troy - Mitchell - Allen

We went from the Oldest defense to the lightest.