• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Early training camp news per reports

I do not think there is anything glaringly wrong with Wilson as a prospect, per say.

WR is one position that just seems to be deep in every draft anymore, and there were a lot of bigger WRs who run just as well as Wilson drafted ahead of him. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll be better pros, though.
I think that is fair analysis. I will take small over bat **** crazy any day.

I dont think many teams would ship off arguably the best WR in football in his prime. Also at that time the WR market was not as crazy as it is now. Im not a Tomlin or Brown fan, but Brown sure came to play on game day and made some phenomenal catches in crunch time.
Randy Moss got shipped off. For a bundle. Too make a fair judgement you'd have to be on the inside to know how disruptive it was. If you are **** talking Dick Lebeau and Troy Polamalu wants to take your head off. It was pretty bad.

Been following this organization for a loooong time and will not allow myself to bye into any hype in the preseason.
I’ll reserve my judgement for when the season starts in September, that’s when I start evaluating this team.
I see a lot of question marks surrounding this team and its coaching causing my expectations to be rather low but we’ll see.
What I d know for sure you must have quality from the most important position on any team, QB and thats one of my question marks.
OL, DL, CB, WR are all question marks that have lowered my expectations until I see different.
Coaching is always on the table and once again here we are again.
I’ll have to see vast improvement from Tomlin to garner any confidence in this team and I don’t mean the same old mediocre results we’ve grown accustomed to and that ownership seems to accept.
It all begins for me in September in Atlanta not Latrobe, Pa,

Having one of your most important players being so selfish and disruptive is definitely not conducive to winning championships.

Considering the Steelers need major contributions from Pickens if they're going to get where they ultimately want to go, the behavior he has displayed early in his career is not particularly encouraging.

Questionable attitudes are common among NFL receivers in general, but the Steelers seem to have gotten it worse than most in recent years between Brown, Johnson and Pickens.

They don't think twice about acting up as they know Tomlin will say "I'd rather say heel than sickem;" or some other idiotic Tomlinism. He's held us hostage for long enough......get Tomlin TF out of here. What a clown organization we've become. Nothing but a woke JOKE.

I have a very different viewpoint on that situation. Just because you can keep something quiet doesn't make it good. I mean Brown made his stats, made his money and of the three winning championships was third for sure. And I don't think there is anyway you can win with a guy like that. He just breaks your locker room in half. A wiser leader wouod have shipped him off when his return would have been huge.
AB was the best WR over a 8 year span. Hands down...

There are always reasons why first round talent falls. It's not a perfect science but these guys can judge football flesh. 1st to early second....sure. That can be other team needs. But 1st to third its health issues or attitude/off field. Not sure on the deal with Roman Wilson so far but let's be honest he is a child by NFL eye test.
Wait. George fell because of his injuries in college. Trust me & this is no BS. Ask @MTC - the kid would have gone top 10 if not injured.

Wait. George fell because of his injuries in college. Trust me & this is no BS. Ask @MTC - the kid would have gone top 10 if not injured.
He would certainly have gone top 10. We watched just about every game GP was in during his time in Georgia. I was/am thrilled they drafted him.

I hope he continues to mature and be the All-Pro I think he could be or he could let his emotions get the best of him and burn up.

I'm pulling for the All-Pro version.

Last edited:
Ok so he was perfectly fine and then the min he got drafted by the Steelers something came over him and he decided to stand in front of the TV with a balaclava on like a ****** idiot. And the three or four mind numbing things a year since. You can't hide this ****. People knew what he was. I'm sure health concerns were paramount. But top 10. No way. They knew.

Been following this organization for a loooong time and will not allow myself to bye into any hype in the preseason.
I’ll reserve my judgement for when the season starts in September, that’s when I start evaluating this team.
I see a lot of question marks surrounding this team and its coaching causing my expectations to be rather low but we’ll see.
What I d know for sure you must have quality from the most important position on any team, QB and thats one of my question marks.
OL, DL, CB, WR are all question marks that have lowered my expectations until I see different.
Coaching is always on the table and once again here we are again.
I’ll have to see vast improvement from Tomlin to garner any confidence in this team and I don’t mean the same old mediocre results we’ve grown accustomed to and that ownership seems to accept.
It all begins for me in September in Atlanta not Latrobe, Pa,
Your thoughts are perfectly sound and valid for the condition the team is in, with the megalomaniac still at the helm. He doesn't see any reason for improvement; he thinks he is just perfect just the way he is, undisciplined practices and team all the while. Just as long as he stays buddies with as many players as possible. Word is that Fields has looked like shi--. That is coming from eye witnesses at camp.

They don't think twice about acting up as they know Tomlin will say "I'd rather say heel than sickem;" or some other idiotic Tomlinism. He's held us hostage for long enough......get Tomlin TF out of here. What a clown organization we've become. Nothing but a woke JOKE.
Welp. you nailed it. We have become a mediocre team with no real chance on contending with our coach Tomlin. It's been 7 years since we won a playoff game. 7 years. And now Fields is looking like crap in camp. Have links but can't use them. (It's confusing who can post links, shrugs shoulders)

He would certainly have gone top 10. We watched just about every game GP was in during his time in Georgia. I was/am thrilled they drafted him.

I hope he continues to mature and be the All-Pro I think he could be or he could let his emotions get the best of him and burn up.

I'm pulling for the All-Pro version.
He came back in time for the national championship too. Berm knows that one

Ok so he was perfectly fine and then the min he got drafted by the Steelers something came over him and he decided to stand in front of the TV with a balaclava on like a ****** idiot. And the three or four mind numbing things a year since. You can't hide this ****. People knew what he was. I'm sure health concerns were paramount. But top 10. No way. They knew.
Mind numbing to whom?

That’s his obstacle to overcome.

If it impacts his work. Then that’s up to his coaches and owners to worry about.

I have no care in what he does
Of course. But it's basically all public and open to judgement and discussion. And has effect on team. Otherwise, shut the board down cause there is nothing to talk about.