• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

El Paso TX Mass Shooting; 19 Dead, 40 Injured at Walmart

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep it is. But I don’t know how you fix it. I pray to God that I never know anyone that reaches a point in their life where this seems like a good idea. Nothing short of horrible. There just aren’t enough adjectives to describe the horror of this.

Yep it is. But I don’t know how you fix it. I pray to God that I never know anyone that reaches a point in their life where this seems like a good idea. Nothing short of horrible. There just aren’t enough adjectives to describe the horror of this.

I don't know how you fix it either. I think some ideas to start would be seriously comprehensive background checks and mental health evaluations for any gun permit, across-the-board.

And stop posting the names and manifestos of these disgusting, hateful creatures. The New Zealand shooter's own words after the fact should have been a good indicator of how these monsters think. They want their 15 minutes of fame and it's definitely a copycat type of situation.

In the meantime, I guess like you said, pray pray and pray more.

Way too much hate and intolerance. Need to find a way to just live and let live and at least be civil to one another. That's a pretty low bar but it's a start.

Seems like a common sense type of start.

A Walmart in Texas and no one is armed and shooting back?

They say that TV has nothing to do with the violence we see these days, I think that's a crock. I grew up with Andy Griffith, Sanford and Son, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, Emergency! Three's Company, MASH, etc and nowadays it's pretty much either a talent show or a show where a ton of blood is shed or two sides are trying to kill each other. Hollywood isn't going to change though until people start turning off that crap.

They say that TV has nothing to do with the violence we see these days, I think that's a crock. I grew up with Andy Griffith, Sanford and Son, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, Emergency! Three's Company, MASH, etc and nowadays it's pretty much either a talent show or a show where a ton of blood is shed or two sides are trying to kill each other. Hollywood isn't going to change though until people start turning off that crap.

I think people don't even watch TV much any more, especially young people. They play video games, many of which are violent. I don't play video games at all, they simply don't interest me.

If you allow tv/net to parent your children then sure. Understanding the difference between makebe leave and reality is where family comes in.

A Walmart in Texas and no one is armed and shooting back?

I thought about that too but maybe it was just a lot of moms that were there for their kids back-to-school stuff. Seems crazy 20 souls (the updated #) had to lose their lives today over one active shooter though.

I read his manifesto. I wish I could post it here, but when I save it, the text is too small to read.
It's basically a big rant against immigration, and that Hispanics are his target. He describes his choice of weapon, ak wasr 10. Fully expects to die by police, doesn't want to survive, won't surrender. This is nothing to do with Trump, hates dems and Republicans.
Definitely a well educated guy.

******* idiot.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure how much TV and video games contribute to this. I remember during High School we would play Doom, Resident Evil, Halo etc. where all you did was blow **** up. And then we'd go watch The Shining, Halloween, TCSM etc. afterwards.

I think like Charles and others have mentioned, young people are over-medicated, families are too busy to be truly involved, and they're just finding there are overwhelming voids in their life they can't seem to fill.

I read his manifesto.

That's the other problem IMO. Our media keeps giving them a platform. Keep them in obscurity where they belong.

I don't know how you fix it either. I think some ideas to start would be seriously comprehensive background checks and mental health evaluations for any gun permit, across-the-board.

And stop posting the names and manifestos of these disgusting, hateful creatures. The New Zealand shooter's own words after the fact should have been a good indicator of how these monsters think. They want their 15 minutes of fame and it's definitely a copycat type of situation.

In the meantime, I guess like you said, pray pray and pray more.

This won't work IMO, it won't stop people from getting weapons illegally and could introduce biases from doctors. All the doctor who is against gun ownership has to do is say that you're not mentally fit enough to own a fire arm.

Mental health program. Equals good stuff. Drug them and leave them. No

This won't work IMO, it won't stop people from getting weapons illegally and could introduce biases from doctors. All the doctor who is against gun ownership has to do is say that you're not mentally fit enough to own a fire arm.

Good point I didn't think about. Any ideas?

Mental health program. Equals good stuff. Drug them and leave them. No

Not sure if you were addressing my post but I sure as hell didn't say drug them and leave them. Quite the opposite.

Good point I didn't think about. Any ideas?

Nothing really substantial. I think education on firearms is an appropriate step, as an example, for my son's 14th Bday I bought him classes at a local gun range. By the end of the class he was helping older people with their firearms. I think that education on how to handle a fire arm and the responsibility that comes along with it can go a long way. The hard reality is that you can't stop an evil person from doing evil things on a whim. Whether its a gun, knife, IED, or a pair of kitchen scissors, if they want to hurt people, they will. Regardless of laws and morality.

I posted somewhere else, and after I learned he was in custody ... I asked why? Why not take him out then and there? We can check his Facebook page and computer after the fact.

I was accused of being a bad guy for not wanting him captured and facing a trial. I was told 'welcome to North Korea'.

Nothing really substantial. I think education on firearms is an appropriate step, as an example, for my son's 14th Bday I bought him classes at a local gun range. By the end of the class he was helping older people with their firearms. I think that education on how to handle a fire arm and the responsibility that comes along with it can go a long way. The hard reality is that you can't stop an evil person from doing evil things on a whim. Whether its a gun, knife, IED, or a pair of kitchen scissors, if they want to hurt people, they will. Regardless of laws and morality.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Sad reality for families that we have to always look over our shoulder nowadays.

I was accused of being a bad guy for not wanting him captured and facing a trial. I was told 'welcome to North Korea'.

Some of the worst or the worst that comes out in people is online. Screw them. Gonna be just another taxpayer burden while he's getting three square and a roof over his head every night. I think they should have taken his *** out as well, just completely eliminate the risk to taking away further innocent human life that way.

Not sure it applies here as I don't know anything about this nut job, but one problem today is that kids don't have down time. It's difficult for a child's brain to be active 24/7. This is why lots of kids struggle in school today. They can't be still because when the leave they are always on a computer, phone or some type of video device. It stimulates the brain functions of children. It's like sensory overload. I don't have any answers as to how to prevent it. Parents need to give their children time away from the screen.

I grew up with violence in movies etc... but I also had a life. I went hunting, fishing, played sports etc. Hell when I was a young kid we spend all day outside during the summer. Only came in for bathroom breaks. Kids today stay on the couch or in their bedrooms.

That’s the intent. Then they will allow for neighbors to refer people for evaluation. So you send 1 person into a neighborhood and they forced any gun owner they find to be evaluated by a Doc who will rubber stamp a decision to remove guns.

Obama already tried laying the groundwork by allowing a bad credit report to be classified as mental illness.

Society is Godless.

When a child is born into a society with no ultimate reality, is taught moral relativity instead of absolute morality, sees perversion presented as life style choices, sees the random murders its unborn children for no apparent reason, sees the sales of their bodies and parts to the highest bidder, is immersed in gratuitous violence, sees that the society does not value life, black or any other color, and is surrounded by equally dazed and confused children who were told that we're all going to succumb to 'climate change' in 10 years why do these mindless acts of violence surprise anybody? Frankly, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more frequently.

Whenever this happens society flips out for a few moments, just long enough for our luminaries to posture, preen and make their political proclamations, then everyone goes right back to their oblivion. Does anybody remember the churches or the gay club or the schools that were shot up? Nah. Does anybody care? Hardly. We're immersed in our oblivion.

Does anybody give a @#$% that Bawlmer is headed for another 300+ murders this year? Chicago 500+ again? And the staggering carnage in all the other dim controlled 'gun free zones'? Nah.

In 2016, more than 50,000 Americans died from overdoses— 9,580 of which were caused by synthetic opioids like fentanyl. And we don't care enough to close the border over which these drugs pass. Instead we impugn those who even suggest closure. Does anybody care? Nah. It's just a political football. Clearly nobody but tourists is moved by formerly wonderful cities overrun with 'homeless' (read: junkies) and their used needles and feces.

We've murdered upwards of 70 million of our children under the aegis of 'choice'. Anybody care? Only 'extremists'.

So when a kid pens some blather we call a 'manifesto', and shoots up a movie theater, school or shopping center, why does this surprise us? And why do we act like we care?