• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

El Paso TX Mass Shooting; 19 Dead, 40 Injured at Walmart

the problem with this is that the Left is so readily wanting to forgive criminal pasts of people convicted in a court of law and reinstate their rights after serving their time.
Compare that to your scenario. Kid makes a list or calls in a bomb threat when he's 13 or 14 thinking he's funny and cool. Gets caught and for the rest of his life is unable to have a gun. I dont believe any kid 13 or 14 years old is capable of making life-altering decisions. It's not like he's 16 and the Left want to give him the opportunity to vote.

yeah it is definitely a fine line, but someone who is 13 or 14 should know not to joke about those kind of things. If it's engrained and preached over and over through school and it will affect your permanent record it may sink in eventually.

yeah it is definitely a fine line, but someone who is 13 or 14 should know not to joke about those kind of things. If it's engrained and preached over and over through school and it will affect your permanent record it may sink in eventually.

you've met 13 and 14 year old boys, I assume. telling them that "this is not something to joke about" will guarandamntee that that is joked about.

When I was 13, there used to be dirty joke books that we laughed at for hours. I still remember some of my favorites:

What does the sign say in the men's bathroom in Poland?

- Please don't eat the big, white mints

Why do dogs lick their balls?

- Because they can.

What is Poland's answer to the oil crisis?

- Import sand and dig their own wells

What do you call six blind lesbians in a fish market?

- A feeding frenzy

Ahh... the memories of being 13.

If you are making threats and saying your going to rape and skin people then sorry you lose your right to buy weapons. Just like these kids who think its cool to make bomb threats. If you want to be a moron then there are consequences. Someone mentioned about free speech. Sure you can yell fire in a movie theater, but there will be consequences. Look at the comedian with the Trump cartoon. She got visited by the secret service.
As for the army vietnam had an army and home turf, plus we could have destroyed vietnam if we wanted to, but we played mostly by the rules. Same goes for the other examples you mentioned. Russia could wipe Afghanistan off the map, but would be killing many innocent people in the process.
As for weapons your saying its ok for normal civilians to own tanks, fighter jets, bazookas, nuclear bombs etc etc according to the second amendment.... That is just non-sense.

The problem is due process. If you are accused of doing those things, it gets investigated first and, if convicted, you suffer the consequences. Suffering the consequences first is just plain illegal.

The problem is white people. Didn't you know?

The problem with that Sarge..is that there are people out there taking that comment seriously. I got an e-mail yesterday from one of my military group's members that very blatantly showed the other side of the "scary" coin. Hey, I get it...people are getting fed up with this Liberal bullshit but this fanning the civil unrest flames is gettin' downright scary.

We were discussing the El Paso shooting and the money that is sent out of the Country by illegals and the response we got is a little unsettling. I'm getting that feeling again that we may just be seeing the beginning of something bad here....hope I'm wrong.

I sent this..
illegal-immigrants-56-billion-pure-cash-sent-home-2018-1024x537.png

and got this in return...

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/interactives/remittance-flows-by-country/

Not only are our tax dollars being spent on these "people", but they are taking almost 150 BILLION dollars out of our economy on top of that and sending it to their relatives so they can afford to come here and suck more out of the American tax payer. Then our corrupt and greedy politicians, oligarchs and the immigrants themselves wonder why things like El Paso happen. What do they expect? They shipped jobs overseas, brought in immigrants to take what jobs were left. Those immigrants brought diseases that we wiped out years ago. They brought new ones like chagas and west nile. Diseases that would endanger his children (if he could afford them). They tell him that robots will be taking the jobs that the immigrants don't get. Then they give priority for college slots to blacks and immigrants, all the while demonizing white boys as the source of all the worlds evils. Those same immigrants and elites then tell him how racist he is for objecting to his displacement IN HIS COUNTRY. Then to add insult to injury the politicians tell him that they're going to take more of his money (what little he can earn) to pay for illegal alien healthcare and reparations for slavery. As far as I'm concerned that boy acted in self-defense. They robbed that boy of the future he SHOULD have had. I hope an El Paso happens everyday. Target the chinese and indian H-1B's in silicon valley. The muslims in Minnesota. The somali's in Maine. Illegals everywhere. Make it so scary they will be afraid to leave their stolen homes, and then flee back to their own countries. It's just a shame they can't get to the politicians and oligarchs. I don't want to hear "But they're innocent people, how could you?". Easy, because they are not innocent. They are invading troops stealing our country, brought in by our traitorous elites. We need to treat them as such. After all, what good is the 2nd Amendment if you won't use it to defend your country?

PS: Feel free to send me an email stating your revulsion and that you never want to hear from me again and I'll gladly remove you from my contacts. I stand by what I wrote and if our corrupt government would allow me to defend myself I would go on national tv and say it in public. Good luck in the future.

4 dead, 2 wounded in Southern California stabbings
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man who was "full of anger" went on a two-hour stabbing and robbery rampage in Southern California, killing four people and wounding two others, authorities said Wednesday.

The 33-year-old Garden Grove man was taken into custody after he came out of a 7-Eleven in Santa Ana, southeast of Los Angeles, and dropped a knife along with a handgun that he had taken from a guard, police said.

The violence appeared to be random and the only known motives seem to be "robbery, hate, homicide," Garden Grove police Lt. Carl Whitney said at a news conference.

"We know this guy was full of anger and he harmed a lot of people tonight," he said.

The suspect and all the victims were Hispanic, he added.

Another terrible thing. This will be Trump's fault.

Common Sense Knife Laws must be passed immediately to prevent this from happening again.

There is no reason to own a 10" serated blade knife.

So this red flag law they are talking about - Bipartisan 'red flag' gun laws plan has support in Congress is scary. Just like all fed funding of state things, there will be standards and information sharing that go along with the deal with the devil. Congress - or whatever department they create - will inevitably continuously expand the criterion for red flags until this becomes a trojan horse for all kinds of bad things. And this won't stop anything.

red flags remind me of the oppression caused under the current administration in the white house. can we change this to something more soothing?

The problem with that Sarge..is that there are people out there taking that comment seriously. I got an e-mail yesterday from one of my military group's members that very blatantly showed the other side of the "scary" coin. Hey, I get it...people are getting fed up with this Liberal bullshit but this fanning the civil unrest flames is gettin' downright scary.

We were discussing the El Paso shooting and the money that is sent out of the Country by illegals and the response we got is a little unsettling. I'm getting that feeling again that we may just be seeing the beginning of something bad here....hope I'm wrong.

I sent this..
illegal-immigrants-56-billion-pure-cash-sent-home-2018-1024x537.png

and got this in return...

I’m just tired of being told that I am a privileged, white supremacist, racist when I am nothing of the sort. Since I am not a liberal, that is all they see. It’s old.

it's so funny to see how the Dems are downplaying the knife attack. Shooting fish in a barrell. It's like debating with CNN and you already know their reponses. People that I haven't talked to in YEARS had to jump in. YEARS! They take the bait so easy.

Look, there is no better weapon for killing people than a gun. It is the right tool for the job.

Can other tools kill people? Of course. Homemade bombs can kill people. Cars can kill people. Knives can kill people. Machetes, axes, throwing people off high places.

But nothing kills better than a gun. That's why you WANT them for self defense. That's why we give them to our military to use in war. That's why we use them to hunt animals (same concept).

Do not pull the "other things kills people too" bullshit. You are smarter than that. I'm not even on the liberal side on this argument. I support the 2nd amendment. Maybe not a blindly or literally as some here, but I'm on your side. Just don't demean me with stupidity when you say knives can do as much damage in the hands of a mass murderer as a gun so maybe we should ban "knives" by comparison.

Gun control will not work for many other reasons:

1. There are too many guns in circulation - 300 million in the U.S. - and banning guns will only get those of law-abiding citizens.
2. Mass murders will still happen so the idea "banning guns will solve the problem" is WAY too simplistic an answer to this problem.
3. We have the 2nd amendment. Any law you propose better stand up in court against challenge. Sometimes I think liberals just ignore the fact this exists when they spout their "proposals".

All of these arguments are much more effective and intelligent that trying to argue that a gun ISN'T designed to be the perfect killing machine. Because that's what it is designed to do. And if it could be designed better, it would and all you gun owners would probably want to own one. It is the PROPER TOOL for the job.

I can drive a nail a LOT of different ways, but there is only one hammer.

Look, there is no better weapon for killing people than a gun. It is the right tool for the job.

Can other tools kill people? Of course. Homemade bombs can kill people. Cars can kill people. Knives can kill people. Machetes, axes, throwing people off high places.

But nothing kills better than a gun. That's why you WANT them for self defense. That's why we give them to our military to use in war. That's why we use them to hunt animals (same concept).

Do not pull the "other things kills people too" bullshit. You are smarter than that. I'm not even on the liberal side on this argument. I support the 2nd amendment. Maybe not a blindly or literally as some here, but I'm on your side. Just don't demean me with stupidity when you say knives can do as much damage in the hands of a mass murderer as a gun so maybe we should ban "knives" by comparison.

Gun control will not work for many other reasons:

1. There are too many guns in circulation - 300 million in the U.S. - and banning guns will only get those of law-abiding citizens.
2. Mass murders will still happen so the idea "banning guns will solve the problem" is WAY too simplistic an answer to this problem.
3. We have the 2nd amendment. Any law you propose better stand up in court against challenge. Sometimes I think liberals just ignore the fact this exists when they spout their "proposals".

All of these arguments are much more effective and intelligent that trying to argue that a gun ISN'T designed to be the perfect killing machine. Because that's what it is designed to do. And if it could be designed better, it would and all you gun owners would probably want to own one. It is the PROPER TOOL for the job.

I can drive a nail a LOT of different ways, but there is only one hammer.

everything you say is right on the money. We know what guns are intended and used for. The same people come out of the woodwork screaming for gun laws reform and blame everyone under the sun except the person committing the murders. Sure, we want change and to protect everyone, but it's not so simple.
One "friend" tried to puff out his chest and tell me that no one would commit a "mass murder" with a knife. He went to the point of betting me a million dollars it would never happen. I want my money. . .

Yet the Food Network promotes these dangerous weapons all the time. We must boycott!!!

how many would have been killed with a 100 round drum? seems like a bad comparison

Crazy people will find a way to kill innocent people. They can use a number of different instruments to do it. Maybe not as many kills and as quickly as a gun, but they can still use other ways to kill. The problem is the person, not the tool. Guns are not capable of decision making or operating themselves. Again, it’s a mental health problem, not a weapon problem.

It's going to happen, likely a brand new Assault Weapons Ban and some form of new red flag background check law

Pelosi asks Trump to call back Senate on gun control

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday asked President Trump to call the Senate back into session for a vote on gun control measures that have already passed the House in the wake of two mass shootings last weekend.

“It is with deep sadness and great urgency that I write following the horrific loss of life that occurred in Gilroy, El Paso, Dayton and Chicago, after which you said, ‘I think background checks are important. I don't want to put guns into the hands of mentally unstable or people with rage or hate, sick people. I'm all in favor of it,’” Pelosi wrote.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/456759-pelosi-asks-trump-to-call-back-senate-on-gun-control

---------------------

McConnell: Gun background checks will be 'front and center' in Senate debate

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) predicted Thursday that gun background checks and so-called red flag laws would be "front and center" in the chamber's upcoming debate on gun-related legislation.

"The discussion is focusing on two things: One is these red flag warnings. … There's also been some discussion about background checks"

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...cks-will-be-front-and-center-in-senate-debate

-----------------------

of course no matter what new laws are passed it won't be enough, 10 seconds after that the left will be screaming it doesn't go far enough and demand new laws