• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Executive Orders

yeah....remember who stood next to you when 81 and his old man were about to get their ***** beat.

I don't know what this means. I hope you can soothe some of your massive BUTTHURT though. Best of luck. You and the Tibtard should trade notes on different types of salve.

Have the Libs figured out that the Muzzies are far to the right of the Westboro Baptist Church when it comes to social justice and human rights?

oh...maybe it wasn't you then...figures you wouldn't stand up for a friend Indy.

like Trump and his FIVE deferments kinda.

and his gay wife.

she has her reasons, eh?

Last edited:
We’ll See You in Court: Why Trump’s Executive Order on Refugees Violates the Establishment Clause
https://www.justsecurity.org/36936/...order-refugees-violates-establishment-clause/

Wrong.

The issue of relations with foreign nations is solely an executive function.

United States v. Curtiss-Wright (1936) 299 U.S. 304, 316 described “the very delicate, plenary and exclusive power of the President as the sole organ of the federal government in the field of international relations – a power which does not require as a basis for its exercise an act of Congress.” Further, "the federal power over external affairs in origin and essential character different from that over internal affairs, but participation in the exercise of the power is significantly limited. In this vast external realm, with its important, complicated, delicate and manifold problems, the President alone has the power to speak or listen as a representative of the nation. He makes treaties with the advice and consent of the Senate; but he alone negotiates. Into the field of negotiation the Senate cannot intrude, and Congress itself is powerless to invade it. As Marshall said in his great argument of March 7, 1800, in the House of Representatives, 'The President is the sole organ of the nation in its external relations, and its sole representative with foreign nations.' "

Further, the 1965 Immigration act - which served to flood our country with Mexican and Central American immigrants - provides in Title 8, U.S. Code, Section 1182(f), “Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate

Indeed, Carter used that provision in 1980 to preclude immigration from Iran. Know why? Because that nation was filled with crazy-*** nutfuckers we didn't want in our nation.

So don't pretend that Trump's order for vetting - not a ban on immigration, mind you - closely examining immigrants from nations that are sponsors of terrorism, and where such order clearly comports with his authority under Title 8, U.S. Code, Section 1182(f), is illegal.

So don't pretend that Trump's order for vetting - not a ban on immigration, mind you - closely examining immigrants from nations that are sponsors of terrorism, and where such order clearly comports with his authority under Title 8, U.S. Code, Section 1182(f), is illegal.

I keep reminding people it isn't a ban its a 90 day freeze so we can tell the sheep from the goats.

giphy.gif

Attorneys general condemn Trump order

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/316772-attorneys-general-vow-action-on-trump-order

Notice he didn't ban anyone from Saudi Arabia or Egypt even though that's where the 9-11 ******** came from. See he has business dealings in those countries so he didn't want to make things hard on himself ...

One of the funniest things I've observed with Trump in the White House is how the right suddenly loves seeing the government put pressure on privately owned companies to get them to do what he wants. It doesn't bother me at all, but if a democrat was using the power of the presidency to lean on private businesses, the right would be absolutely losing their **** right now. They'd be screaming about how government has no right to tell people where they can build their factories or who they can hire blah blah blah.... but let a guy with the "R" next to his name do it and suddenly what would have been perceived as government infringement on free market capitalism is now seen as having a president that's finally doing something about all the jobs we've lost over the last few decades. Amazing...

Couldn't have happened a day too soon. We are finally seeing the first signs of dissent from within the GOP. About damn time.

Republicans Begin to Break With President Trump
http://time.com/4652966/donald-trum...der-republicans/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

For the first time in his presidency, Donald Trump is facing significantcriticism from Republican officials and conservative groups who are rattled by his ban on immigrants and refugees from Muslim-majority nations, questioning his domestic policy agenda and worrying about what steps the New York billionaire might take next in the name of nationalism.By Sunday evening, more than a dozen GOP members of Congress had spoken out against Trump’s executive order on immigration. Among them were an array of the party’s most influential figures. The top Republican in the Senate, Mitch McConnell, said the United States should not implement a religious test. Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio said the plan to strengthen vetting of refugees was itself not vetted. And the political and policy groups led by Charles and David Koch offered their first public criticism of Trump, whose candidacy the billionaire brothers found so unpalatable they sat out the 2016 election.

The wave of criticism marks the end of a startlingly brief honeymoon period for a new President who has been in office for scarcely a week, and even set the White House on defense as it backtracked on the ban applying to green-card holders. And while much of the blowback was driven by Trump’s immigration orders, the controversial plans he has on the horizon suggest the rest of his term could be just as rocky.

The emerging rifts come amid mass protests in cities around the U.S. against an executive order that would block millions of people from entering the United States. Legal permanent U.S. residents were detained at airports, refugees were trapped en route to the United States and judges from coast to coast stepped in to stop the unprecedented White House action. The chaos knocked the White House back on its heels and prompted Trump on Sunday night to release a defense of the policy.

Bomma hits Muslims with bombs and drone strikes every day for 8 years and no one says a word. Trump wants to limit immigration from a few countries for 90 days and everyone loses their minds.

Bomma hits Muslims with bombs and drone strikes every day for 8 years and no one says a word.
Wait, what? All I've read on this board the past eight years is that Obama is a terrorist appeaser and a Muslim apologist...and worse, that he created and supports ISIS. Now you throw this in as if it was common knowledge. I love how revisionism works.

Bomma hits Muslims with bombs and drone strikes every day for 8 years and no one says a word. Trump wants to limit immigration from a few countries for 90 days and everyone loses their minds.

I'm no foreign policy expert, but I think the difference is that the drone strikes were ordered against actual enemy combatants that our intelligence deemed as a threat to the security of our ground forces and possibly even our security here at home. If he was ordering them against just regular people ... the same people Trump has banned from traveling here... then the argument would hold a little more water. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison if u ask me. It is funny though that you are willing to say out loud here that Obama was killing Muslims for 8 years considering you and those of your ilk had him pegged as a Muslim terrorist himself. Hey whatever fits the narrative that day, right? If calling him a murderer of Muslims today helps you guys make your point.... then murderer of Muslims it is. If tomorrow calling him a Muslim and a terrorist sympathizer is what does it, then that's what he shall be. Whatever works I guess.

Last edited:
I'm no foreign policy expert, but I think the difference is that the drone strikes were ordered against actual enemy combatants that our intelligence deemed as a threat to the security of our ground forces and possibly even our security here at home. If he was ordering them against just regular people ... the same people Trump has banned from traveling here... then the argument would hold a little more water. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison if u ask me.
Exactly, you hit the nail on the end.

Wait, what? All I've read on this board the past eight years is that Obama is a terrorist appeaser and a Muslim apologist...and worse, that he created and supports ISIS. Now you throw this in as if it was common knowledge. I love how revisionism works.

I don't have a problem with it. Apparently the Libs didn't either. Of course as we know, wars and homelessness magically disappear when a Democrat is President.

hahahahaha - so much action.... the meltdown libs heads are spinning..... they don't know what to protest next!

WHITE HOUSE: SUPREME COURT CHOICE COULD BE ANNOUNCED MONDAY

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A White House official says President Donald Trump could announce his pick for the Supreme Court as early as Monday.

Trump originally said the announcement would come on Thursday, but the official says the timeframe could be sped up.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-01-29-19-08-59

I'm no foreign policy expert, but I think the difference is that the drone strikes were ordered against actual enemy combatants that our intelligence deemed as a threat to the security of our ground forces and possibly even our security here at home. If he was ordering them against just regular people ... the same people Trump has banned from traveling here... then the argument would hold a little more water. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison if u ask me. It is funny though that you are willing to say out loud here that Obama was killing Muslims for 8 years considering you and those of your ilk had him pegged as a Muslim terrorist himself. Hey whatever fits the narrative that day, right? If calling him a murderer of Muslims today helps you guys make your point.... then murderer of Muslims it is. If tomorrow calling him a Muslim and a terrorist sympathizer is what does it, then that's what he shall be. Whatever works I guess.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3193677/drone-attacks-obama/

Between 2,803 and 3,022 combatants were killed in strikes during Obama’s eight-year presidency, according to the reports. Between 64 and 117 non-combatants were killed.

“Drone strikes allow us to deny terrorists a safe haven without air strikes, which are less precise, or invasions that are much more likely to kill innocent civilians as well as American service members,” Obama said.

I thought they hated us because we bomb them? Or they just don't hate Democrat bombs.

The second memorandum instructs the U.S. military’s Joint Chiefs of staff to come up with a plan in 30 days to defeat ISIS.

LOL, that's not an executive order, that's a phone call. And I thought he promised he'd exterminate ISIS soon as he gets in office. Now he sends a directive that the boys should ''work out a plan and get back to him.' Very telling how you guys fall for his crap, it's quite sad. Popcorn politics, brought to you by the reality show star. smh

Oh and btw, whatever happened to Trump's 'secret' plan to defeat ISIS? You know, the one he bragged about for months on the campaign trail? You know, the one he came up with cause he was smarter than all the generals? You know, his firm promise to defeat ISIS the first day he takes office? You know, what got him elected?

Hmmm, turns out there was no secret plan all along. So now he's asking the generals to 'come up with a plan'. As I have been saying from day one, the guy is a snake oil salesman and now he has you all by the balls. LOL

Last edited:
p_101528432.jpg

It's gonna be okay Spike, so what if Trump is going down in flames. It's gonna be okay, not your fault Trump wasn't what you hoped he'd be.

p_101528432.jpg

It's gonna be okay Spike, so what if Trump is going down in flames. It's gonna be okay, not your fault Trump wasn't what you hoped he'd be.

He's exactly what we hoped he be. Just because you ******* are terrified doesn't mean he has lost support of rational people.

He's exactly what we hoped he be. Just because you ******* are terrified doesn't mean he has lost support of rational people.

Ahhh, baby lapdog comes running along. Sit, good boy. It's gonna be okay Indy, you can go lie back down.

Hilarious - stupid libs still think every little thing is the "end of Trump", "oh noes, he can't say that!"

JUST LIKE IN THE CAMPAIGN!

AND HE WON THAT TOO!

BWAhahahahaha - more more more more!

MORE WINNING PLEASE!

Trump signs order reducing regulations

President Trump on Monday signed an executive order aimed at rolling back regulations, fulfilling one of his campaign pledges.

Federal agencies will need to revoke two regulations for every new regulation they request.

Administration officials told The Associated Press that they are naming the new directive a “one in, two out” plan.

The new executive order makes exceptions for emergencies and national security.

http://www.thehill.com/homenews/administration/316839-trump-to-sign-order-reducing-regulations

Ahhh, baby lapdog comes running along. Sit, good boy. It's gonna be okay Indy, you can go lie back down.

So lame and weak. Not surprising at all, coming from your limp-wristed, tear-soaked pathetic ***.

A guide to Trump's first 17 executive orders

From reauthorizing the construction of contentious pipeline projects to halting the progression of former President Obama's pending regulations, some of President Trump's executive actions have sparked immediate action in the federal government.

Others, such as his memorandum to the Department of Commerce asking for a review about how to require the use of U.S. steel when building pipelines, merely paved the way for potential future actions.

1. Obamacare

Within hours of taking the oath of office, Trump put his signature on a pair of executive actions designed to go after policies his predecessor had put in place. One was an order instructing federal agencies to stop enforcing aspects of Obamacare.

The order implored federal agencies to delay the implementation of pending provisions and exempt fees or penalties wherever possible while awaiting full repeal of the law.

Marshall Kapp, an expert on healthcare policy at Florida State University, said the order was more symbolic than substantive.

Because Congress must pass legislation to enact any real changes to the Affordable Care Act, Kapp said the executive order Trump signed on Jan. 20 was "more for public consumption."

Kapp said Trump could have just as easily asked his appointees to use their existing discretion to thwart Obamacare in a phone conversation or face-to-face meeting.

The executive order, however, sends voters a message about the president's commitment to dismantling Obamacare.

2. Pipes made with U.S. steel

Trump signed an executive action on Tuesday that the White House said would pave the way for builders to use only American steel in pipeline construction projects.

But that action was merely a presidential memo instructing his commerce secretary to review ways such a policy could be feasible in the future.

Wilbur Ross, who has not yet been confirmed to the commerce secretary post to which he was nominated, will have 180 days to put together a plan to require new, updated or expanded pipeline projects to use American steel and equipment "to the maximum extent possible and to the extent permitted by law."

3. Streamlining permits

Similarly, Trump's executive action on manufacturing permits came in the form of a memo to Ross.

This presidential memorandum was aimed at "reducing regulatory burdens for domestic manufacturing," but it didn't totally clear the way for businesses to obtain permits with no strings attached.

Instead, Trump requested a report from Ross that would "identify priority actions as well as recommended deadlines for completing actions." The memo did not recommend deadlines for those actions, which the White House said would make it easier for factories to get up and running.

According to the memo, "the report also may include recommendations for any necessary changes to existing regulations or statutes, as well as actions to change policies, practices, or procedures that can be taken immediately under existing authority."

Changes to regulations, however, can take months and are subject to legal challenges that can delay the process even further.

4. Dakota Access Pipeline

Trump signed a pair of presidential memos that cleared the way for two controversial pipeline projects to move forward.

The Dakota Access Pipeline, most of which has already been built, had sparked intense protests from the Stand Rock Sioux Tribe in North Dakota due to the Native American group's proximity to a planned portion of the pipeline.

Under former President Obama, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers suspended construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline amid increasingly visible and fierce protests against it.

Trump's memo instructed the Army Corps of Engineers to "review and approve in an expedited manner" requests to build and operate the remaining sections of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Although he ordered the project to move forward, that review process still has to occur before builders can get back on the job.

5. Keystone XL Pipeline

The Keystone XL Pipeline was another highly symbolic project that withered under the Obama administration.

Trump revived it on Tuesday by inviting TransCanada, the Canadian company that had sought permission to build Keystone XL, to reapply for a permit to construct the contested section of the pipeline.

TransCanada did so on Thursday.

6. Military rebuild

Trump signed a presidential memo on Friday that asked Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to prepare a report within 60 days that would map out ways the military could hit increased levels of readiness by 2019.

The president has frequently promised to rebuild the armed forces, which he said his predecessor depleted.

But the memo outlined few specifics about what form the military rebuild could take, and it doesn't ask the Pentagon to achieve those changes for two years. Such an effort will likely be slow and costly as branches of the military recruit additional personnel and build new planes, ships and equipment.

Trump also instructed Mattis to initiate a review of the country's nuclear posture to ensure that the nuclear arsenal is "modern, robust, flexible, resilient, ready and appropriately tailored to deter 21st century threats and deter our allies."

7. Plan to defeat the Islamic State

Trump issued a presidential memo on Friday that called on members of his administration to put together a plan for defeating the Islamic State.

Rather than instructing his agencies to take action related to the terrorist group, Trump merely asked them to compile a list of actions they could take in the future.

8. Lobbying ban

Trump's five-year lobbying ban on officials who leave his administration will take effect retroactively, applying only to those who decamp for other jobs in the future.

It is meant to prevent his staff from cashing in on their administration jobs for five years after their departures. The executive order, which Trump signed on Saturday, also permanently restricts staffers' ability to lobby for a foreign government.

The precise effect of the order remains to be seen. Lobbying can often be accomplished in hard-to-detect ways, and the potency of the order may not be tested for years.

Policies that will change immediately

9. Extreme vetting

Trump delivered on one of his most contentious campaign promises on Friday when he signed an executive order temporarily suspending refugee programs for 120 days and immigration from seven Middle Eastern countries from 90 days.

Those countries — Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Libya and Syria — may have to start providing additional information about citizens who wish to enter the U.S. under the stricter vetting standards Trump requested in his executive order.

The president also indefinitely halted the flow of refugees from Syria.

The suspensions outlined in Trump's controversial order will take effect immediately.

10. Speeding up environmental reviews for high priority projects

Trump signed an executive order on Tuesday that would give his White House the authority to identify, at the request of governors or agency heads, which infrastructure projects would be considered "high priority."

His administration would then use "expedited procedures and deadlines for completion of environmental reviews and approvals for such projects," according to the order.

Unlike the presidential memo on permitting processes that Trump signed Tuesday, the environmental review action came in the form of an executive order and will spark changes more quickly.

11. Border wall

Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday calling for "the immediate construction of a physical wall on the southern border."

The order also instructed the Department of Homeland Security to direct resources toward the expansion of detention facilities near the border for illegal immigrants.

Although it will take effect right away, Republican lawmakers have suggested they could look at ways to appropriate additional funds toward building the border wall.

12. Sanctuary cities

Another immigration-related executive order involved the enforcement of laws already on the books.

Trump ordered border patrol agents and immigration officials to begin deporting undocumented immigrants who have committed crimes, regardless of whether they reside in areas known as "sanctuary cities," where immigration laws are not typically enforced.

In order to pressure sanctuary cities into complying with the order, Trump threatened to suspend federal grants to those areas until the law is enforced.

The new marching orders for the Department of Homeland Security, which houses border patrol, should take effect immediately.

13. TPP withdrawal

Trump's move to withdraw the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a deeply unpopular trade agreement, will effectively end the deal's chances of becoming reality in Congress.

TPP had already become a toxic agreement, with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle under pressure from voters to ditch the deal.

14. National Security Council tweaks

Trump signed on Saturday what appeared to be a routine restructuring of his National Security Council.

Trump's reshuffling of the National Security Council on Saturday ruffled some feathers in the security community because it removed the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the director of national intelligence from those who regularly attend its meetings.

The controversial memo also added White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon as a regular member.

The moves continued Trump's efforts to remake the way the United States approaches national security and foreign policy.

Routine orders

15. Hiring freeze

Former Presidents Carter, Reagan and George W. Bush instituted federal hiring freezes during their presidencies, so Trump's move to do so is not unprecedented.

The president has signaled his intention to cut the federal workforce, and could potentially accomplish that by maintaining the freeze and allowing attrition to reduce its size.

The hiring freeze does not apply to the military or public health positions at the Department of Veterans Affairs.

16. Regulatory freeze

A regulatory freeze is a routine way for new administrations to halt the progression of rules commissioned by previous presidents.

Former President Obama issued a temporary regulatory freeze when he came into office, and Trump signed one as well.

In fact, he made the move a top priority, tackling the freeze shortly after taking the oath of office on Jan. 20. Trump has frequently focused on deregulation as a key step toward creating a more business-friendly climate in the U.S.

17. Mexico City policy

Trump continued a tradition, begun by Reagan and continued by Bush, of reinstituting a practice known as the Mexico City policy.

According to the Mexico City policy, groups that perform or promote abortions overseas do not receive federal funds.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a-guide-to-trumps-first-17-executive-orders/article/2613318