• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ferguson?

I was on some news sites reading comments regarding this case and the sides are either the officer protected himself sgainst a thug and the justice system worked or its that Brown was unarmed and was shot with his arms in the air by a rasist cop Yes, he was unarmed, but I don't understand how anyone would know that and when its going down, was Wilson supposed to ask Brown if he had a weapon?
I read the autopsy report and it justifies Wilson's accounts of the events. He was not walking away with his hands in the air and there was thumb wound suggesting he was going for his gun. If this is public knowledge, then why are businesses being burned down and looted? I' m not saying MB deserved to die, but he wasn't killed for the reasons being spout about.

Not one single person out there burning things and trashing businesses cares one little bit about what actually happened. Not one. It's simply a great opportunity to create havoc on society, earn a shitload of street cred and/or get some free stuff in the bargain. They don't care if it was a justified killing or not. Actually, in their view, a cop is never justified in killing a minority no matter the circumstance or even fight back if they are getting beaten for that matter. They should just take whatever it dished out and die.

Last edited:
Burgundy weighs in.

Ron_Burgundy_4.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ron Burgundy again.

The media is really putting people in danger. They released the name / location of Wilson's wife. I know marriage licenses are public record, but the media does not need to be spreading her name around. She will be as much of a target as he is. They both need to go into witness protection.

You don't get it... the Media drives stories like this. They want the riots. they want someone to assault or kill Wilson and his wife. That's great news. The news drives the story. it used to be just spinning for their side, but now it outright manipulates the situation.

The media is really putting people in danger. They released the name / location of Wilson's wife. I know marriage licenses are public record, but the media does not need to be spreading her name around. She will be as much of a target as he is. They both need to go into witness protection.

Just move to Wyoming or Montana or North Dakota. Thug life doesn't hang out there.

Just move to Wyoming or Montana or North Dakota. Thug life doesn't hang out there.

Have you ever seen a pack of cowboys? They don't take no **** from no one....

Brown Verdict Rekindles Memories of O.J. Simpson Race Riots

I’m old enough to remember the 1994 O.J. Simpson murder trial and the riots that ensured. Former NFL football player, O.J. Simpson (black), was acquitted for the murder of his white ex-wife and her white acquaintance. The “White Riots,” as they were called, exploded after the verdict. It reminds me of what’s happening today with the Michael Brown verdict in Ferguson, Missouri, with the races reversed.

The Simpson jury was made up of 9 blacks, 1 Hispanic and 2 whites. Whites complained that Simpson’s jury was not a fair representation of the community. Simpson lived in Brentwood, California where the population is 75.38 percent white, 9.40 percent black and 15.22 percent other.

The evidence pointed to a guilty charge, but Simpson was found innocent. Simpson got away with double-murder. Blacks cheered the verdict as whites took to the streets to riot. It got ugly. Whites carried signs saying, “No Justice, No Golf.” Cars were overturned, businesses were looted, shots were fired, tanning beds were stolen and many buildings were set on fire. The Simpson riots were some of the worst riots in U.S. history.

President Bill Clinton, in a televised speech, called for calm.

Clinton went on to acknowledge the frustration in the white community that has been building for decades. Whites have been discriminated against by affirmative action policies in government and private sector jobs as many white workers experienced racism in hiring and promotion opportunities.

The White Congressional Caucus also chimed in on the Simpson verdict, “We are all deeply disappointed with the court’s decision. It’s just another example of whites be victimized while blacks receive preferential treatment. ‘Living while white’ is a major concern in the white community.”

Of course, the Simpson murder case was true but “White Riots” never happened. Why? Whites respect the rule of law and went on with their lives after the horrific Simpson verdict. No riots. No drama.

The truth is all races in America overwhelmingly respect the rule of law. It’s a small percent of radical revolutionaries who like to stir the racial pot for their own gain. Mob rule and riots, not peaceful protests, are as un-American as an executive order legalizing 5 million illegal aliens.

The rule of law matters in America. Doesn’t it?
https://www.nolanchart.com/brown-verdict-rekindles-memories-o-j-simpson-race-riots

View attachment 853

Ok SteelChip....I have to admit when I first started reading your post that I made a face and said to myself, "Riots after the OJ verdict? What did I miss"? Then I read further and saw it was satire. Spot on satire.

What is crippling the black community is that the evidence is clear in this (and many other cases) and yet the complete unwillingness and/or inability to see it for what it actually is makes them look foolish, if not downright stupid.

Well....they had already rioted before any verdict so so stopping now would make them look more foolish. Can't let the facts get in the way of a chance to act out and get free ****.

Anywhere rural for that matter.....or surrounded by water.

In a stunning piece of irony...the reporter (Julie Bosman) who posted Officer Wilson's home address suddenly asks for police protection due to then having her address and phone receiving constant threats and food deliveries.

http://gotnews.com/breaking-cops-nyt-reporter-published-darrenwilson-address-calling-cops-nonstop/

She should just take her beating like a man. Stupid hypocritical ****.

Yeah, that's a shame. Wondering what she is doing with all the extra pizza?

Classic.

Wonder if she is inviting her myriad of African-American friends over to help her eat the pizza ...

giphy.gif

Officer Wilson resigned....and won't get ANYTHING for a severance package from his service. Poor guy.

Now we have some Rams players showing how stupid they are.

St. Louis Police Officers Association Wants Rams Players Punished for “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” Gesture

View attachment 855

In light of the recent developments in Ferguson, Missouri, a few members of the St. Louis Rams decided to make a statement today. The entire receiving core (Stedman Bailey, Tavon Austin, Jared Cook, Chris Givens, and Kenny Britt) came on to the field expressing the “hands up, don’t shoot” gesture in response to what has been going on in the St. Louis suburb.

This is the beauty of sports. Beyond athletics, it is the cross section of everything else happening in the world. Well, the St. Louis Police Officers Association wasn’t amused. In fact they think these players should be punished by either the Rams or the NFL, per KSDK.com. It’s amazing that they would even put up a fight about this.

SLPOA Business Manager Jeff Roorda said, “now that the evidence is in and Officer Wilson’s account has been verified by physical and ballistic evidence as well as eye-witness testimony, which led the grand jury to conclude that no probable cause existed that Wilson engaged in any wrongdoing, it is unthinkable that hometown athletes would so publicly perpetuate a narrative that has been disproven over-and-over again.”

Roorda was incensed that the Rams and the NFL would tolerate such behavior and called it remarkably hypocritical. “All week long, the Rams and the NFL were on the phone with the St. Louis Police Department asking for assurances that the players and the fans would be kept safe from the violent protesters who had rioted, looted, and burned buildings in Ferguson. Our officers have been working 12 hour shifts for over a week, they had days off including Thanksgiving cancelled so that they could defend this community from those on the streets that perpetuate this myth that Michael Brown was executed by a brother police officer and then, as the players and their fans sit safely in their dome under the watchful protection of hundreds of St. Louis’s finest, they take to the turf to call a now-exonerated officer a murderer, that is way out-of-bounds, to put it in football parlance,” Roorda said.

Roorda warned, “I know that there are those that will say that these players are simply exercising their First Amendment rights. Well I’ve got news for people who think that way, cops have first amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours. I’d remind the NFL and their players that it is not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertiser’s products. It’s cops and the good people of St. Louis and other NFL towns that do. Somebody needs to throw a flag on this play. If it’s not the NFL and the Rams, then it’ll be cops and their supporters.”

Interesting choice of words by St. Louis here. Did they just refer to demonstrators as “thugs”?
http://thekevinburkeproject.com/201...ers-punished-for-hands-up-dont-shoot-gesture/

Last edited:
Now we have some Rams players showing how stupid they are.

St. Louis Police Officers Association Wants Rams Players Punished for “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” Gesture

In light of the recent developments in Ferguson, Missouri, a few members of the St. Louis Rams decided to make a statement today. The entire receiving core (Stedman Bailey, Tavon Austin, Jared Cook, Chris Givens, and Kenny Britt) came on to the field expressing the “hands up, don’t shoot” gesture in response to what has been going on in the St. Louis suburb.

This is the beauty of sports. Beyond athletics, it is the cross section of everything else happening in the world. Well, the St. Louis Police Officers Association wasn’t amused. In fact they think these players should be punished by either the Rams or the NFL, per KSDK.com. It’s amazing that they would even put up a fight about this.

SLPOA Business Manager Jeff Roorda said, “now that the evidence is in and Officer Wilson’s account has been verified by physical and ballistic evidence as well as eye-witness testimony, which led the grand jury to conclude that no probable cause existed that Wilson engaged in any wrongdoing, it is unthinkable that hometown athletes would so publicly perpetuate a narrative that has been disproven over-and-over again.”

Roorda was incensed that the Rams and the NFL would tolerate such behavior and called it remarkably hypocritical. “All week long, the Rams and the NFL were on the phone with the St. Louis Police Department asking for assurances that the players and the fans would be kept safe from the violent protesters who had rioted, looted, and burned buildings in Ferguson. Our officers have been working 12 hour shifts for over a week, they had days off including Thanksgiving cancelled so that they could defend this community from those on the streets that perpetuate this myth that Michael Brown was executed by a brother police officer and then, as the players and their fans sit safely in their dome under the watchful protection of hundreds of St. Louis’s finest, they take to the turf to call a now-exonerated officer a murderer, that is way out-of-bounds, to put it in football parlance,” Roorda said.

Roorda warned, “I know that there are those that will say that these players are simply exercising their First Amendment rights. Well I’ve got news for people who think that way, cops have first amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours. I’d remind the NFL and their players that it is not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertiser’s products. It’s cops and the good people of St. Louis and other NFL towns that do. Somebody needs to throw a flag on this play. If it’s not the NFL and the Rams, then it’ll be cops and their supporters.”

Interesting choice of words by St. Louis here. Did they just refer to demonstrators as “thugs”?
http://thekevinburkeproject.com/201...ers-punished-for-hands-up-dont-shoot-gesture/

Goddamn right they did, and Godbless them for it

I wonder if the combined Wonderlich for the Ram's receiving corps exceeded 3?

******* ********. They should be fined and or suspended. But hey along with woman beaters and baby punchers there's room in the league for racist idiots too I guess.

Just another in a long line of proud moments for the NFL.

A man was beaten to death with hammers by a group of juveniles early Sunday morning on a St. Louis street, police said. Officers found Zemir Begic, 32, unconscious at approximately 1:15 a.m. ET, according to St. Louis Metro Police.

Begic had been traveling in his car early Sunday when several minors approached on foot and began damaging it. Begic got out of the car — and that's when the juveniles began to yell and attack him with hammers, according to police.

The victim suffered injuries injuries to his head, abdomen, face, and mouth. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to police.

The two teenagers involved in the attack — a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old male — were in custody Sunday evening. Investigators are still working to determine a motive for the gruesome attack, said Leah Freeman, a spokeswoman for the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.

Authorities said they do not believe the attack was related to the recent unrest surrounding a grand jury decision not to indict Ferguson cop Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown, Freeman said.

SOCIAL

Goddamn right they did, and Godbless them for it

The idea that Brown had his hands up when he was shot, and was trying to surrender rather than involved in a physical altercation with the officer, demonstrates how the initial narrative becomes ingrained, even if untrue. Two witnesses, one of whom was with Brown before the shooting, offered the "hands up" and on his knees when shot version.

But in the grand jury proceeding, the evidence showed that the "hands up" claim was just not true. Here is a very detailed summary from the Washington Post, with links to relevant information sources, describing the physical injuries and comparing it to Wilson's description of events.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...the-michael-brown-case-supported-the-officer/

I can tell you, based on my experience working with clients, that Wilson's lawyer went over the ME report in great detail with Wilson and prepared his version of events to coincide with the physical evidence. I can also tell you that Dorian Johnson and the other witnesses who offered the "shot in the back" and "on his knees with his hands up" versions did not prepare their versions to coincide with the physical evidence.

But the simple point is this: The only evidence indicating that Wilson committed a crime (testimony from 2 eyewitnesses) was contradicted by physical evidence. That is never going to convince a jury. Ever. A law school classmate and good friend of mine who works with the public defender in Los Angeles told me that with the advent of shows like "CSI," juries expect direct physical evidence supporting the prosecution, and if it is not there, the jury is dubious of the prosecution.

Officer Wilson resigned....and won't get ANYTHING for a severance package from his service. Poor guy.
Note to self, for future reference > Don't shoot unarmed civilians, may be able to hold onto job.

Last edited: