• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

Why would he have to make an epic head shot? It was one kid and i don't think he was wearing body armor.

I have not read he was wearing body armor either. Either way, it is a kid with a semi-auto AR with a 20 round clip (?) vs. a trained officer with a 10 round (?) clip, or more, and a semi auto .40? 9mm? - My money is on the cop IF HE BOTHERS TO GO IN.

Last edited:
Cruz also allegedly told investigators that as students began to flee, he decided on a plan to discard the rifle and vest with additional magazines so he could "blend in with the crowd." The document says investigators later uncovered the rifle and magazines in the locations he indicated.*

I am going to tell you a story I have only told to one other person. That person is my wife. My mom doesn't know. My kids don't know. In the army, my career field was aviation. Be that as it is, I had never been in firefight. I was a mechanic with a weapon, pretty much. All that changed on June 1st of 2012. I was deployed to Afghanistan, at FOB Salerno in RC East. It was a Friday, a typical slow day, being that Friday's are Muslim holy days. Usually there isn't much action. I wasn't scheduled to fly that day so, I slept a little late, went to the gym and reported for duty.

It was me, and three of my Soldiers assigned for maintenance. All of the rest of my guys were either out flying, or in bed because they had missions that night. Somewhere between 1130 and noon, we went to the chow hall to grab a bite. We ate our lunch and left, swung by the little PX next door for a can of chew, and headed back. About 100 meters from the PX, the chaplain had a table set up with personal hygiene items he was giving to Soldiers who needed them.

About that time, a huge explosion hit the hesco barrier. I later found out it was a truck with roughly 10,000kg of explosives on board. The bad guys had breached the base. The explosion was so powerful, it knocked us down. The chow hall was destroyed along with the PX. We started hearing gunfire. All the guys in my company carry 9mm Berettas, and when we go outside the wire, each crew member also takes an assigned M4.

I sent the guys to the CP to get M4's, body armor, helmets. I ran into the PX to make sure anyone in there was ok and not in need of medical attention. They were ok. After that, I ran toward the fight.

I took up a defensive position behind a cement barrier with a clear view of the breach. I was quickly joined by guys from Army infantry, Seals, SF. First bad guy poked his head out, was killed. Another one got to cover and fought back with machine gun and RPG's. Long story short, we were engaged with 5-7 bad guys, and all I had was a 9 mil and 31 rounds. I fired my pistol. Probably didn't hit ****. Don't know if I did or didn't. Whole fight lasted 15 minutes, tops. All bad guys dead.

Why is this significant? Because at some point during the engagement I pissed myself. Didn't even know I did it until someone pointed it out. I got laughed at. I laughed. Then once the dust was settled, I began shaking uncontrollably. Shook for the better part of an hour. Maybe more. The whole thing ****** me up for a little bit.

I guess my point is, I thought I was pretty brave, and I guess I was. But there was a part of my brain that apparently was very afraid, but I never felt it. Knowing what I know, I believe I could do it again. But I don't know. Everytime something like Florida happens, it brings me back to that day and I wonder what I would do in such a situation. I would like to think I would run in again. But I just don't know.

Hey Sarge? You're nothing short of a hero.

I expect you to say "I was doing my job" or "I reacted."

From a guy here in the USA (I know you are home) who's never taken up arms and made the sacrifices you did, thank you. Take the compliment and run with it. What you did was courageous and heroic. My hats off to you sir.

Who? ...The Broward police for hiding behind their cars or the Coral Springs police for being pissed.?

Coral Springs PD.

I am going to tell you a story I have only told to one other person. That person is my wife. My mom doesn't know. My kids don't know. In the army, my career field was aviation. Be that as it is, I had never been in firefight. I was a mechanic with a weapon, pretty much. All that changed on June 1st of 2012. I was deployed to Afghanistan, at FOB Salerno in RC East. It was a Friday, a typical slow day, being that Friday's are Muslim holy days. Usually there isn't much action. I wasn't scheduled to fly that day so, I slept a little late, went to the gym and reported for duty.

It was me, and three of my Soldiers assigned for maintenance. All of the rest of my guys were either out flying, or in bed because they had missions that night. Somewhere between 1130 and noon, we went to the chow hall to grab a bite. We ate our lunch and left, swung by the little PX next door for a can of chew, and headed back. About 100 meters from the PX, the chaplain had a table set up with personal hygiene items he was giving to Soldiers who needed them.

About that time, a huge explosion hit the hesco barrier. I later found out it was a truck with roughly 10,000kg of explosives on board. The bad guys had breached the base. The explosion was so powerful, it knocked us down. The chow hall was destroyed along with the PX. We started hearing gunfire. All the guys in my company carry 9mm Berettas, and when we go outside the wire, each crew member also takes an assigned M4.

I sent the guys to the CP to get M4's, body armor, helmets. I ran into the PX to make sure anyone in there was ok and not in need of medical attention. They were ok. After that, I ran toward the fight.

I took up a defensive position behind a cement barrier with a clear view of the breach. I was quickly joined by guys from Army infantry, Seals, SF. First bad guy poked his head out, was killed. Another one got to cover and fought back with machine gun and RPG's. Long story short, we were engaged with 5-7 bad guys, and all I had was a 9 mil and 31 rounds. I fired my pistol. Probably didn't hit ****. Don't know if I did or didn't. Whole fight lasted 15 minutes, tops. All bad guys dead.

Why is this significant? Because at some point during the engagement I pissed myself. Didn't even know I did it until someone pointed it out. I got laughed at. I laughed. Then once the dust was settled, I began shaking uncontrollably. Shook for the better part of an hour. Maybe more. The whole thing ****** me up for a little bit.

I guess my point is, I thought I was pretty brave, and I guess I was. But there was a part of my brain that apparently was very afraid, but I never felt it. Knowing what I know, I believe I could do it again. But I don't know. Everytime something like Florida happens, it brings me back to that day and I wonder what I would do in such a situation. I would like to think I would run in again. But I just don't know.

Pretty brave in my book Sarge.
I'm glad you're alive to share and be around on Steeler Nation.

It takes a special person to handle situations like that.
The best of the best get scared too. So no reason to feel ashame imo.

You handled that situation the best you could and without proper armor.
Amazing

CERTAIN. You are are a liar. No one can be certain. You have a family? Kids of your own? Not a chance anyone can be certain. About the only thing Im certain of is the man who called him a coward today. The one who resides in the White House. Absolutleyfuckinzero chance he goes in. He might have sent security. He might have sent the butler or the nanny. No ****** way he goes.

we certainly know Cuckdreau wouldn't have put his murse down to enter the fray.
how about you focus on your ******* country and let us focus on ours, since your country is entirely depending on us being bad ***.

An example of cultural appropriation. What is he accomplishing by this?
Child abuse, as well.

trudeau-2.jpg

I never said he shouldnt have went in. You cherry pick points. Ive said I think he should have went. Im just saying pretty tough to judge if you havent been in the situation yourself. I think most or all police realize the could be killed but there is a big diffetence between that and heading into that sitiation. No one can say what they would do. That is all talk. I would say when an assault rifle is going off and you have a handgun you are pretty much ******. Im pretty good with a rifle to about 250-300 yards. I shot a handgun one time(very limited access in Canada). They are ****** useless as far as Im concerned. And yes the kid had body armor. He ditched when he blended in.
So im review. He should have went in, but no one who hasnt done something like that can say what they would do. At the point where back up arrived. That was ******.

I've already solved this problem completely.

We clone Dear Leader, Dear Leader is fearless(unless it's running from serving in Vietnam) Dear Leader can kill with his bare hands, bad hombres tremble at his presence.

We clone him thousands of times over and place those clones in every school in the country, no worries as far as accidental discharges, some kid getting a hold of the weapon, etc. because like I said he can kill with his bare hands.

Better yet it won't even get to that point as the shooter's face will just melt in his presence much like the Nazis in Raiders when they opened the Ark of the Covenant, and much like the women's faces have who the Tangerine Turd has raped over the years when they saw him naked.

Ol Bone Spurs Trump will run in there and handle it........

LMAO...at this idiotic self aggrandizing putz in my White House and the ******* gullible morons that put him there.

Last edited:
at least he didn't say "those kids could have been my kids and looked like my kids" or some such nonsense, right?

I've already solved this problem completely.

We clone Dear Leader, Dear Leader is fearless(unless it's running from serving in Vietnam) Dear Leader can kill with his bare hands, bad hombres tremble at his presence.

We clone him thousands of times over and place those clones in every school in the country, no worries as far as accidental discharges, some kid getting a hold of the weapon, etc. because like I said he can kill with his bare hands.

Better yet it won't even get to that point as the shooter's face will just melt in his presence much like the Nazis in Raiders when they opened the Ark of the Covenant, and much like the women's faces have who the Tangerine Turd has raped over the years when they saw him naked.

Ol Bone Spurs Trump will run in there and handle it........

LMAO...at this idiotic self aggrandizing putz in my White House and the ******* gullible morons that put him there.

giphy.gif

at least he didn't say "those kids could have been my kids and looked like my kids" or some such nonsense, right?

No, because Trump is white. He would never have to worry about his kids being murdered by police just because of their skin color.

Got anymore nuggets of idiocy to share so as you can avoid agreeing to what a narcissistic moron your "president" is?

No, because Trump is white. He would never have to worry about his kids being murdered by police just because of their skin color.

Got anymore nuggets of idiocy to share so as you can avoid agreeing to what a narcissistic moron your "president" is?

scroll for yourself, pompous dickbag.
https://policeviolencereport.org/

and, btw, Trump is your President, too.

If you think Obama's kids have to worry about that, you really are an idiot.

If you think Obama's kids have to worry about that, you really are an idiot.

it is odd, though, that Trump's kid HAS had to worry about getting white powder in the mail....even the whacko white supremacists didn't try that.

Is that the average Trumptard nodding in approval of his job performance?

You know I figured you guys were even dumber looking than that....my.....my....good for you champ, good for you.

Is that the average Trumptard nodding in approval of his job performance?

You know I figured you guys were even dumber looking than that....my.....my....good for you champ, good for you.

Tard...when you have post after post like this full of nada, I begin to wonder not about how inane the posts are, lacking substance or any form of merit, but which personality you trigger on your worthless days like these? Is this your African-Jewish persona that's bypassed your medicinal regimen? Or is it the Hispanic Jew that's angry today?