• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

Speaking of cops...I think we need police officers like this one in our schools. Not the Deputy Fife variety not suited for a typical beat who's sent to a school instead to mentor young people.

Groton officer dragged for a mile

GROTON, Conn. (WTNH) — The dangers of police work unfolded just before 4:00 a.m. on Route 1 in Groton.

A car was pulled over for a broken tail light and when the officer smelled marijuana, the driver agreed to get out of the car with his dog.

But before police say 22-year-old Taj Dickerson could be arrested for crack cocaine found in the car, he took off running back to his Ford Edge.

“An officer gave chase on foot tried to stop him from engaging the vehicle putting it into drive,” said Groton Police Chief Louis Fusaro, Jr. “Unfortunately, the operator was able to do that. Took the officer along with him half in the vehicle and half out.”

Officer Tyler DeAngelo, whose been on the force less than two years, continued to yell at Dickerson to stop, but he was dragged for about a mile. The car exceeded speeds of 50 MPH at times.

“He was certainly in fear for his life,” said Chief Fusaro. “He told me that.”

At one point, the officer says Dickerson tried to head toward a telephone pole.

“He was able to grab the steering wheel, avoid it, and at the same time get himself out of the car,” said the chief.

He says the officer was banged up, but fortunately suffered only minor injuries.

“I’m just so glad he’s safe. You know what I mean, that’s the most important thing. But that’s frightening,” said Christina Puskarz of Groton.

Not only was the driver able to get back in the car and take off, but, apparently, his pit bull was right there with him. The chief says while the officer was hanging on for dear life, that dog was biting Ofc. DeAngelo’s arm, making this an even more life-threatening experience.

“A very harrowing experience for our officer,” said Chief Fusaro.

Speaking of cops...I think we need police officers like this one in our schools. Not the Deputy Fife variety not suited for a typical beat who's sent to a school instead to mentor young people.

Groton officer dragged for a mile

GROTON, Conn. (WTNH) — The dangers of police work unfolded just before 4:00 a.m. on Route 1 in Groton.

A car was pulled over for a broken tail light and when the officer smelled marijuana, the driver agreed to get out of the car with his dog.

But before police say 22-year-old Taj Dickerson could be arrested for crack cocaine found in the car, he took off running back to his Ford Edge.

“An officer gave chase on foot tried to stop him from engaging the vehicle putting it into drive,” said Groton Police Chief Louis Fusaro, Jr. “Unfortunately, the operator was able to do that. Took the officer along with him half in the vehicle and half out.”

Officer Tyler DeAngelo, whose been on the force less than two years, continued to yell at Dickerson to stop, but he was dragged for about a mile. The car exceeded speeds of 50 MPH at times.

“He was certainly in fear for his life,” said Chief Fusaro. “He told me that.”

At one point, the officer says Dickerson tried to head toward a telephone pole.

“He was able to grab the steering wheel, avoid it, and at the same time get himself out of the car,” said the chief.

He says the officer was banged up, but fortunately suffered only minor injuries.

“I’m just so glad he’s safe. You know what I mean, that’s the most important thing. But that’s frightening,” said Christina Puskarz of Groton.

Not only was the driver able to get back in the car and take off, but, apparently, his pit bull was right there with him. The chief says while the officer was hanging on for dear life, that dog was biting Ofc. DeAngelo’s arm, making this an even more life-threatening experience.

“A very harrowing experience for our officer,” said Chief Fusaro.

Christ!

I’ve admitted it before. If I were a cop, I’d have knives and drugs to plant as evidence. Shoot the perp before he shoots you, then CYA. And I’d sleep well at night too. And I’d take his drug money.

I’ve admitted it before. If I were a cop, I’d have knives and drugs to plant as evidence. Shoot the perp before he shoots you, then CYA. And I’d sleep well at night too. And I’d take his drug money.

JohnnyLaw is back with a new screen name.

28279349_952827608205738_2511298846643848025_n.jpg

Now Scott Peterson is in full CYA mode. Said he responded to a call of firecrackers that were outside the building. IF that were the case, then WHY wasn't the scenario of what was going on portrayed better?

Now Scott Peterson is in full CYA mode. Said he responded to a call of firecrackers that were outside the building. IF that were the case, then WHY wasn't the scenario of what was going on portrayed better?

That dog won't hunt. He knows he was wrong. Firecrackers. PFFFFFFFFT.

Now Scott Peterson is in full CYA mode. Said he responded to a call of firecrackers that were outside the building.

Several witnesses saw Peterson crouched behind a concrete wall, with his gun drawn, as the shooting occurred.

If Peterson believed he was investigating "firecrackers," why did he draw his weapon? Did he think the firecrackers were armed?

Several witnesses saw Peterson crouched behind a concrete wall, with his gun drawn, as the shooting occurred.

If Peterson believed he was investigating "firecrackers," why did he draw his weapon? Did he think the firecrackers were armed?

you never got into a bottle rocket fight?

I have a potato cannon so I don't run out of bullets during the zombie apocalypse. I can always grow more potatoes.

My cousin and I used to fire off entire packs at each other through a pvc pipe with a wooden handle screwed into it. The **** didn't get real until we started doing it with Roman candles. This transitioned into high powered air rifles with .22 scopes. Ahhh good times

Last edited:
My cousin and I used to fire off entire packs at each other through a pvc pipe with a wooden handle screwed into it. The **** didn't get real until we started doing it with Roman candles. This transitioned into high powered air rifles with .22 scopes. Ahhh good times

2 pump limit turn into 10 when you hit your buddy in the neck? Best wars ever!

Closest for me was paintball gun wars. Lol. Crazy ***

Closest for me was paintball gun wars. Lol. Crazy ***

Well before I got a scope for mine my cousin would hide up in a tree and start shooting my pant leg sticking out. It was early training for don't be a dumbass moving in the open. Of course after he shot twice I would track him into the tree and he was ******. No head shots was the rule for obvious reasons. We both had to dig out a BB or two now and then.

...yeah that 2 pump rule did not apply with that crossman 760.

got shot in the side from a bb gun at point blank. muzzle was 3 inches from me.
i still have the mark

Yeah. We played all day all summer. Wore goggles to save our vision lol. BB's only, no pellets and no cqb, we were snipers. All in good fun though. Played paintball a few times but was a little older by the time that rolled around.

As an educator, I don't think I want armed teachers or staff. Not because I don't trust them, but there are so many legalities that come with it. The gun would have to be unloaded and locked up. Ammo stored separately from the gun. More than likely a combo lock because keys can (and have) gotten stolen. Parents would have to give permission to the school to allow their children to be students in the classroom of an armed teacher. When a shooting happens, the teacher would have to unlock the safe, get and load the gun.....wasting precious time. Then on the off chance that the gun get into the hands of a student.....I don't even want to go there. There is so much to this than just black and white. What would happen if NO parents gave permission for their kids to be in the armed teacher's class? He would be out of a job.

So yeah.....being on the OTHER side of this, I don't think it will work.

As an educator, I don't think I want armed teachers or staff. Not because I don't trust them, but there are so many legalities that come with it. The gun would have to be unloaded and locked up. Ammo stored separately from the gun. More than likely a combo lock because keys can (and have) gotten stolen. Parents would have to give permission to the school to allow their children to be students in the classroom of an armed teacher. When a shooting happens, the teacher would have to unlock the safe, get and load the gun.....wasting precious time. Then on the off chance that the gun get into the hands of a student.....I don't even want to go there. There is so much to this than just black and white. What would happen if NO parents gave permission for their kids to be in the armed teacher's class? He would be out of a job.

So yeah.....being on the OTHER side of this, I don't think it will work.

no keys. biometric safes bolted to the wall in every classroom.
teachers don't even need to have a gun in there, just the mere presence of the safe and the idea that there is a gun in there to prevent a mass shooting may help prevent some.

no keys. biometric safes bolted to the wall in every classroom.
teachers don't even need to have a gun in there, just the mere presence of the safe and the idea that there is a gun in there to prevent a mass shooting may help prevent some.

I agree. How many plane hijackings have there been since we armed pilots in the cockpit ? ZERO. How many accidental shootings by pilots. ZERO. If they can do it on planes we can do it in schools.