• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For better or (my opinion) worse we are stuck with it.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
No one rallies a team off its back like Tomlin. I'd argue he helped get them there. At beginning of season I predicted 10-7 ,and playoffs. If you win 10 you deserve to be in. However, except for the briefest of times before losing to lowely AZ this team resembles nothing of a real contender. I've said we will be back here at this time next year every year since Ben came back from Elbow. There is nothing to show me different. I'd say 80 percent of hard core fans would prefer to move on. But the media just laughs Pats us on head and say you should be happy little fella.
We will all be back excited for Latrobe and the preseason and we will all be back next December saying wtf. He will rally them to be relevant. Nothing more nothing less.

As much as things do change in life some things just simply remain the same.
I always apply the SSND principle to the Steelers organization with shades. Same ****, New Day.
Art Rooney II and the Rooney family think they have the greatest coach ever and will continue to support him.
I had heard that one of the Rooney’s after the Seattle game was all excited and offering congratulations for seventeen consecutive non losing seasons. There it is! Says it all!

No one rallies a team off its back like Tomlin. I'd argue he helped get them there. At beginning of season I predicted 10-7 ,
I want with a 9-8 prediction and stuck with it when it looked like we'd be much better (6-3) and when it looked like we'd be worse (7-7 and coming off 3 losses, two to 2-10 teams). Than Mason was inserted and a 3-game win streak ensued. Who thunk it? But it's still a Shades' "too little, too late" debauchery, same old, same old, Shades' bull sh-t. No Shades' team is ever gonna flirt with a true Super Bowl win, only a team handed to him that was built without his presence will ever do that (Cowher's team in 2008).

Not playing Mason over Trubisky all along was a massive coaching fail in my opinion and another reason why Tomlin should be criticized. His “thin line” answer was BS. Any fan at training camp could see Mason has the best arm on the team.

He was second on depth. He applied his never panic attitude to Mitch. Probably cost them Colts game though defense sucked too.

Not playing Mason over Trubisky all along was a massive coaching fail in my opinion and another reason why Tomlin should be criticized. His “thin line” answer was BS. Any fan at training camp could see Mason has the best arm on the team.

Excuse me? Mason throws THE most hanging ducks of all three quarterbacks.
He has the weakest arm of all three.

Mason throws this weak **** into brackets coverage in a playoff game against starters instead of against the back-ups, and you're gonna see a pick not a touchdown.

But...but...Rich Eisen told me Tomlin is BRILLIANT for turning to Rudolph after the terrible QB play he approved of, that I'm a crazy fan, and that I should be thankful for Mikey saving yet another season for the champions of mediocrity. Are you saying the sports media is full of it? Are you saying the emperor has no clothes?

So the media wants to act like Tomlin is the fireman in the forest putting out the fires.
What they fail to mention is he’s the arsonist who started the fires.

You haven't seen anything yet.

If they get into the playoffs, the mass humping he is going to receive, particularly from the national media, this week would make an adult film star blush.

It's astonishing how pretty much everyone outside the fan base gives him credit for overcoming obstacles that he has had a huge hand in creating year after year, but you have to give him credit for pulling that rabbit out of his *** as often as he does.

He's become David ******* Copperfield in that regard.

Last edited:

Mason throws this weak **** into brackets coverage in a playoff game against starters instead of against the back-ups, and you're gonna see a pick not a touchdown.

Even if any of that is true, there's a good chance Pickett doesn't even pull the trigger on that play and Trubisky probably forces the ball into triple coverage somewhere else.

There's a lot more to QB play than arm strength.

Man. You really hate Mason Rudolph.

I was telling some friends of mine this morning, the only fans in the NFL who think Tomlin should be fired are Steeler fans.

My friends (Bears & Bronco fans) said, "That's because Steeler fans are idiots!"

I said, "No, we just don't see a .500 or .600 season as successful, but rather a failure."

I was telling some friends of mine this morning, the only fans in the NFL who think Tomlin should be fired are Steeler fans.

My friends (Bears & Bronco fans) said, "That's because Steeler fans are idiots!"

I said, "No, we just don't see a .500 or .600 season as successful, but rather a failure."

Winning a playoff game every five years or so isn't too much to ask.

It really isn't, especially if Tomlin is remotely the coach that everyone outside of Steelers fans is convinced he is

Winning a playoff game every five years or so isn't too much to ask.

It really isn't, especially if Tomlin is remotely the coach that everyone outside of Steelers fans is convinced he is
The Steelers really need to win a playoff game so people like me quit complaining they haven't won one in 6 years and only have a playoff win 4 times in 16 seasons.

The problem is, too often our backs are against the wall due to poor Tomlin decisions

^^^THIS^^^

T’aint that the truth !

Salute the nation

Even if any of that is true, there's a good chance Pickett doesn't even pull the trigger on that play and Trubisky probably forces the ball into triple coverage somewhere else.

There's a lot more to QB play than arm strength.

Well you're right. Pickett wouldn't throw that ****. Pickett would've taken the sack and gotten his bell rung... yet again.

So i mean in order to get better on offense, you must install a new system cause this one sucks.

The Steelers really need to win a playoff game so people like me quit complaining they haven't won one in 6 years and only have a playoff win 4 times in 16 seasons.

I'd "almost" be satisfied if they just put forth a competitive effort and do not get absolutely stomped for the fifth straight post season game.

Good answer Wig!

Man. You really hate Mason Rudolph.

i see him as mediocre. just average. He came in and performed against **** defenses.

Mason is better at anticipation throws, especially in the flat. Though he is far, far worse on other throws and decisions.

Well you're right. Pickett wouldn't throw that ****. Pickett would've taken the sack and gotten his bell rung... yet again.

So i mean in order to get better on offense, you must install a new system cause this one sucks.

The play resulted in a 71-yard score in terrible weather.

You're just blindly speculating to criticize both the play and Rudolph, who has played great to this point.

I will be right there every time as well. We are in this for playoff wins and SB wins.

It has been too long since either. No excuses.