• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Former NFL QB Shaun King Believes Deshaun Watson is Heading for Steelers

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What an emotional week in the NFL as we’ve seen big names across the league be traded, released, or gear up for free agency. Unfortunately for the Pittsburgh Steelers, they’ve already missed out on acquiring two of the top quarterbacks this off-season in Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson. So what’s next for the Steel City?

If you’re sharing my same pain, at this point, you’re wanting nothing more than for the Steelers to go after Houston Texans quarterback, Deshaun Watson. Of course, he’s currently facing some off-the-field legal troubles, but former NFL quarterback, Shaun King believes that if the smoke clears for Watson, he’s on his way to Pittsburgh:

Hearing if things go well friday Deshaun Watson to the steelers is happening soon after… @VSiNLive @1TimMurray @TheAOster @Bill80 @mlombardiNFL

— shaun king (@realshaunking) March 9, 2022

King, who currently is the running backs coach at South Florida and host of The Night Cap, says that the 3x Pro Bowler could be traded following Watson’s hearing on Friday. This is HUGE news and something the Steelers need to pursue if they want to continue to compete in a very loaded AFC.

Watson plans to plead the 5th later this week on multiple sexual allegation charges.

Is Watson worth the risk? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

No... The guy could be in prison or he could get a major suspension from NFL plus not to mention the future we would need to give up... BIG FAT NO
I believe zero percent of that report.

It would be very hypocritical for the Steelers to trade for Watson, with his history, given the heavy handed way they handled the alleged Ben Roethlisberger issues.

Am I the only one who wants this to be true?
Granted, I’d want to see what we’re sending back, but DWat can flat out BALL. We’d have a franchise QB for at least a decade.
We’ve already rostered players with legal entanglements. And if I remember all about the accusations, he didn’t rape anyone or get physically assaultive.
He exposed himself, asked for happy endings, and got an erection while getting a massage.
Yeah, he’s not a choir boy, but he didn’t kill anyone nor run a dog ring.
From all accounts he’s a model teammate, and puts in work.
PLEASE let this be true.
Give them Rudy, Bush, and a couple picks ( please only one #1 ). Make it happen, Captain.

It would be very hypocritical for the Steelers to trade for Watson, with his history, given the heavy handed way they handled the alleged Ben Roethlisberger issues.

Heavy handed? lol.

Ben Roethlisberger was paid closed to $200mm during his time here, most of that came AFTER both his allegations. I think most non-Steeler fans would agree that he received the kid glove treatment.

Meh......for messing around with women who wanted to mess around with him. Gotcha

Dont get me wrong, talent wise he is the best blend of talent and age available….. by far…. But the Steelers virtue signal a lot and he is the poster boy for nfl sexual assault right now… and he isn’t already on the roster…

Look the cost wont be high cause he is refusing to play in Houston and nobody is bidding, thus the current rumors… but i just don’t think they will bring that scrutiny down on them for a guy outside the org… the vick backlash was bad enough and that was a guy who had already rehabbed

A huge IF he's cleared, how would everyone feel if something like this actually happened? I'm with you slash, I don't buy the report. It's still an interesting discussion.

A huge IF he's cleared, how would everyone feel if something like this actually happened? I'm with you slash, I don't buy the report. It's still an interesting discussion.
I think it would take a lot for him to be cleared. Not sure on that time frame. Then does Goodell punish him? I think those are his ongoing roadblocks. I don't think it is smart for any team to trade with these questions unanswered.

The talent level is there... so is that red flag.

The grand jury hears from victims that are pushing criminal charges...

I think it would take a lot for him to be cleared. Not sure on that time frame. Then does Goodell punish him? I think those are his ongoing roadblocks. I don't think it is smart for any team to trade with these questions unanswered.

The talent level is there... so is that red flag.
It's hard to fathom him playing anytime soon for anyone.

This hearing isn't going to let him off Scot free, if so there will be a civil suit to follow. How big a distraction will he be...............

Red flags and the "rog"

If he was cleared to play unconditionally........... his price tag would sky high

Salute the nation

This hearing isn't going to let him off Scot free, if so there will be a civil suit to follow. How big a distraction will he be...............

Red flags and the "rog"

If he was cleared to play unconditionally........... his price tag would sky high

Salute the nation
If the grand jury thinks there is merit to send it for criminal trial it would be a major distraction and who knows how long until trial.

Watson isn't coming here or going anywhere else unless he is cleared scot free and the comissioner deems the integrity of the game is not compromised. BEN got 6 games for two acusations, what will 26 acusations bring ???

There is still the matter of civil court as well.

Also just because some talking head, in this case talking head retired QB says it's so doesn't mean it actually is so.

The talent would be awesome but the baggage is a HUGE downfall.

Never say never but I doubt he is cleared of all charges.

Salute the nation

This league is way too hard to predict. But we have seen Ben punished for a nothing burger, and we’ve seen Tyreek Hill, Joe Mixon, and Adrian Peterson get away with horrible crimes that they were 100% guilty..

So who the hell knows… but Watson won’t be free and clear either way…. He will still get some sort of fallout from the league.

I don't believe the report BUT if he somehow does clear his legal problems---I'd be all in.

Until then H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS NO!!!

Whoever gets Watson should be prepared to know he will be suspended for at least one season and plan their team around that reality. Giving up one year of your talented QB sounds like nothing if you count on the 6 to 8 seasons of a top caliber player, a franchise QB.

The problem is the image he gives to the team, and that Roger could suspend him even further if the charges stick.

Whoever gets Watson should be prepared to know he will be suspended for at least one season and plan their team around that reality. Giving up one year of your talented QB sounds like nothing if you count on the 6 to 8 seasons of a top caliber player, a franchise QB.

The problem is the image he gives to the team, and that Roger could suspend him even further if the charges stick.
It could be more than a year... Lets say grand jury sends it to trial. That could take a year. Lets say he get time that could be a year or two. Then the NFL could still come down on him...

It could be more than a year... Lets say grand jury sends it to trial. That could take a year. Lets say he get time that could be a year or two. Then the NFL could still come down on him...
Yeap, no one really knows. Houston can't ask for much under these circumstances , they might as well keep him in hope he clears the legal issues and becomes a premium trade piece.