• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Friday night lights #GettingChippyOutThere

Also saw PQ was banged up on one play but it didn’t look serious from everything I read . They did hold him out afterwards. But probably precautionary.

Warren destroyed Roberts in that rep. He had a 7 to 10 yard run into that blitz and Warren completely stoned him. I don't know but Warren is quickly moving up my depth chart of respect. All the **** after was ludicrous. Roberts should have got up and said good rep. Get you next time.

LOVE the game-like pads and intensity.

The offense is definitely giving the defense competition, something that hasn’t happened last few years.

The team is developing a swagger, something else that was missing.

Identity will soon to follow and be very well welcomed.!!!

Salute the nation

I read that young Justin continues to look good and is improving every practice.
I will be more than happy to be proven wrong and do hope he far exceeds all my low expectations of him since it’s a good thing for the team if he does.
I do hope Tomlin will make him the starter if he beats out the other guy that Tomlin claims is in pole position. That is how it should be! Open competition and the best player wins the job.

Preseason. Gives us hope.
Just the nature of being able to talk football even in its slowest times….

It's part of the "Fandom" of the beast.

I like to get a little excited, but also know my middle name is "cautious optimistic".

Regardless, until the real games begin, and we get to see if any of this translates to field of play then our hopes can grow even more.

Salute the nation

I read that young Justin continues to look good and is improving every practice.
I will be more than happy to be proven wrong and do hope he far exceeds all my low expectations of him since it’s a good thing for the team if he does.
I do hope Tomlin will make him the starter if he beats out the other guy that Tomlin claims is in pole position. That is how it should be! Open competition and the best player wins the job.

It's hard to say until the games count. Fields may never be a starting franchise qb and Wilson could be washed up. We're definitely going to find out during the season on both of them.

I place a little more trust in Wilson at the moment, just because he took his team to the Superbowl twice and was one stupid playcall away from winning both.

It's hard to say until the games count. Fields may never be a starting franchise qb and Wilson could be washed up. We're definitely going to find out during the season on both of them.

I place a little more trust in Wilson at the moment, just because he took his team to the Superbowl twice and was one stupid playcall away from winning both.

I’m a little in the Fields wagon due to the “underdog” affect. I seem to always want to pull for the underdog. He can amaze us just as easily as some of the “I told you so”.

I do like the journey to find out which one he will become………….

Initially, Russ is the safer bet, but long term I can see Justin overtaking.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
I a little in the Fields wagon due to the “underdog” affect. I seem to always want to pull for the underdog. He can amaze us just as easily as some of the “I told you so”.

I do like the journey to find out which one he will become………….

Initially, Russ is the safer bet, but long term I can Justin overtaking.
It looks like Patrick Queen has been impressed with Fields.

I know Queen and Roberts have been trash talking with Najee and Warren leading the way on offense, but I love this stuff. Foster a competitive atmosphere and this type of stuff will probably earn respect from their teammates by bringing out your best every practice (something I think we've been lacking recently). Anyway, kinda cool to see Queen show his belief in FIelds. Hard to believe how quickly he's embraced wearing the black & gold coming from our biggest rival--almost like he's always wanted to be a Steeler.

It looks like Patrick Queen has been impressed with Fields.

I know Queen and Roberts have been trash talking with Najee and Warren leading the way on offense, but I love this stuff. Foster a competitive atmosphere and this type of stuff will probably earn respect from their teammates by bringing out your best every practice (something I think we've been lacking recently). Anyway, kinda cool to see Queen show his belief in FIelds. Hard to believe how quickly he's embraced wearing the black & gold coming from our biggest rival--almost like he's always wanted to be a Steeler.

Definately, this team is scrumming / scrattling / and showing signs of actually being a team. I know it’s the infusion of some of the new guys (young and older), but also having the absense of O’Canada.

Art Smith is actually hands on with this offense and the player / coaches / ball boys / all see this and it is contagious.

The one coach I’m afraid will hold us back is the OL coach, WTF are they doing having players carousel amongst the OL. It ‘s shown in the history of the coach that this doesn’t seem to work. It doesn’t let the individual player develope as full as they could be had they been left at their natural position.

Jones is an example currently. Dotson is a great example and add in even the Green kid. Oakorafor will be
the next to shine—— elsewhere.

I do like the team developement, the intensity, the eventual recognization of their identity which is something that’s been missing for quite some time now.

EDIT: LOVE the3 addition of Patric Queen

Salute the natioN

Fields had a decent tail end of the season last year. Not too shocked he is doing well .

I’m pulling for young Justin but I have my reservations though. Prove me wrong young Justin, I can take it.
As I’ve said before in a previous thread, I’m not getting caught up in the pre season. I want to see how they perform when the bright lights go on.
I hope young Justin wins the job and plays lights out when the games count. He’s young and could solve the QB for the next ten years.

I’m pulling for young Justin but I have my reservations though. Prove me wrong young Justin, I can take it.
As I’ve said before in a previous thread, I’m not getting caught up in the pre season. I want to see how they perform when the bright lights go on.
I hope young Justin wins the job and plays lights out when the games count. He’s young and could solve the QB for the next ten years.
Is he young?