• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.........week 13 @ Bungles.....

Still think this team could use another WR. That third option hasn't shown well.
If Pickett improves at the end of the year, I've said I want the Steelers to go out and get him a legitimate No. 1.

One of the quieter criticisms of our O under canada that wasn’t directly related to him was the knock on our wr routes…

Multiple analysts said that our routes didn’t make sense, so some speculated there are often bad or wrong routes… misreads on option routes and tge like… but several have said that the wrs loaf on routes often and take plays off… we saw that today… explicitly… pickens isn’t as bad with it as claypool was … that dude constantly slowed up, realized that the ball was in the air, then sped up to try to get to it…

99% of our wr issues we could solve with coaching and maybe some adderall or something for DJ
It's always easy to call out the QB for a bad throw when they miss by a little, but you're right about the receivers. QBs expect them to be in a spot at a certain time. Pickens' production would increase if he gave full effort.

Game ball-
Mike Tomlin. For finally canning Canada. Yeah, could have more points up there. However, I’m hoping the arrow is up on the offense. 400+ yards and attacking the secondary in the middle has been long over due.
Kenny Pickett- good job managing the game today.
Najee Harris- ran possessed. That 20 yard carry through congestion was a thing of beauty.
Pat Freiermuth- was close to having his picture placed on a milk carton.

FU-Dionte Johnson. We all know why.

I don’t really have any complaints other than 16 points for, and it’s not really a complaint since I firmly believe that if they continue playing the way they did today on offense, the points will come.

Kenny played a good game today, and I’m not gonna piss on a good game over a couple missed throws that every QB has in every game. We asked for a better performance, and I would say we got it. For the vast majority of the game he was on time and on target. Deep passes looked pretty good all in all.

Running game was effective with Harris and Warren.

Would like to see better pass protection. Teams know if they send 5 or 6 guys, our OL can’t handle it. Surprised we don’t see it more.

Props to Faulkner and Sullivan for a pretty decent game plan.

The key now is sustaining what they accomplished today and building and improving on that. I like where they’re headed. Today was a positive step.
Pickett had a 72% completion rating and only missed on 9 throws. Of those 9 I can think of 4 that weren't on him, DJ's TD that wasn't, his arm got hit twice and DJ either stopping on his route or running the wrong way.

Overall a good game. They can build on this and the real test will be playing a good team. Looking at the rest of the schedule the only one is Baltimore.

Only one is Baltimore? Are you kidding? Until proven differently, this team can lose to anyone.
That I have to agree with. The O is still a work in progress and the secondary still makes QBs look good.

That I have to agree with. The O is still a work in progress and the secondary still makes QBs look good.
The entire defense does that.

Keep in mind the new offense is on tape now. next game Cards will have an idea of a game plan. next week 20 jet sweeps!

Rate your Kenny ******* Pickett’s performance over the past calendar year as a starter: above average, below average, poor, great?

Would you draft him again in the first round?

Would you consider him to have NFL accuracy? NFL pocket presence? Is it fair to judge him on that 1 calendar year in?

Do you think he will be a franchise QB based on what you’ve seen so far?

I’ll grade him above average today, but who cares about 1 game
Because you cannot rate much of the rest of it with the dip **** who led it previously. If Kenny goes on an INT tear that is on him. But I'd you are notballoowing him to run an NFL offense you can't possibly judge him.

QB-
Pickett played well today. He used the tight end and middle exceptionally well. He had a nice should be TD pass dropped by Diontae butter fingers” Johnson. He was very efficient and pushed the ball down field. I am cautiously optimistic about the next few games.

RB-
Najee came up huge today. That power run carrying half the bengals defense was incredible. I think he and Warren can perhaps get us to and carry us in the playoffs.

WR-
Diontae today dropped a touchdown and watched a defender pickup a fumble and run. He also provides little in terms of run blocking.
George needs more targets. No reason for him to get 5 while Johnson gets 8. That number needs to be flipped.

TE-
Freiermuth was balling today. This I feel was a wrinkle that Faulkner/Sullivan put into the offense and it really caught the Bungals off guard. Hopefully they will continue to improve on the areas that were weaknesses under Canada. Very optimistic.

OL-
I think they performed above par. There was a few pressures but mostly clean pockets. Did a decent job pass blocking. Still think Jones should play LT but today the unit played well.

DL-
Played terrific. Mixon had 2 ypc and 16 yards. They knocked down some passes. Got push up the middle. Having Heyward back makes a difference.

Edge-
Watt and Highsmith were dominant. Lots of pressure and sacks. Herbig had a big sack and I loved his aggressiveness. He didn’t sit back and wait he attacked. We might have something in a year with him.

ILB-
Considering how deep we are down the depth chart they played very well. I can tell there’s a drop off in pass coverage which is being masked with safeties playing in the box. But it worked.

CB-
I think Joey Porter did an excellent job on Chase. Those two catches were a combination of fluke and luck.

S-
Kazee missed a few opportunities to make a splash defensive play but luckily it didn’t bite us in the butt. I think they are doing very well considering our All Pro is on the sidelines.

We left some points on the field but the ball moved much better today. I am cautiously optimistic about the offense. If we can keep the running game going and KP can play like he did today we might have a shot at the AFC North.

So in conclusion. Lets Go Bolts!!

Because you cannot rate much of the rest of it with the dip **** who led it previously. If Kenny goes on an INT tear that is on him. But I'd you are notballoowing him to run an NFL offense you can't possibly judge him.

I think you can criticize missing open guys on a regular basis regardless of how bad Canada was

QB-
Pickett played well today. He used the tight end and middle exceptionally well. He had a nice should be TD pass dropped by Diontae butter fingers” Johnson. He was very efficient and pushed the ball down field. I am cautiously optimistic about the next few games.

RB-
Najee came up huge today. That power run carrying half the bengals defense was incredible. I think he and Warren can perhaps get us to and carry us in the playoffs.

WR-
Diontae today dropped a touchdown and watched a defender pickup a fumble and run. He also provides little in terms of run blocking.
George needs more targets. No reason for him to get 5 while Johnson gets 8. That number needs to be flipped.

TE-
Freiermuth was balling today. This I feel was a wrinkle that Faulkner/Sullivan put into the offense and it really caught the Bungals off guard. Hopefully they will continue to improve on the areas that were weaknesses under Canada. Very optimistic.

OL-
I think they performed above par. There was a few pressures but mostly clean pockets. Did a decent job pass blocking. Still think Jones should play LT but today the unit played well.

DL-
Played terrific. Mixon had 2 ypc and 16 yards. They knocked down some passes. Got push up the middle. Having Heyward back makes a difference.

Edge-
Watt and Highsmith were dominant. Lots of pressure and sacks. Herbig had a big sack and I loved his aggressiveness. He didn’t sit back and wait he attacked. We might have something in a year with him.

ILB-
Considering how deep we are down the depth chart they played very well. I can tell there’s a drop off in pass coverage which is being masked with safeties playing in the box. But it worked.

CB-
I think Joey Porter did an excellent job on Chase. Those two catches were a combination of fluke and luck.

S-
Kazee missed a few opportunities to make a splash defensive play but luckily it didn’t bite us in the butt. I think they are doing very well considering our All Pro is on the sidelines.

We left some points on the field but the ball moved much better today. I am cautiously optimistic about the offense. If we can keep the running game going and KP can play like he did today we might have a shot at the AFC North.

So in conclusion. Lets Go Bolts!!

Bet it was a hard type for yinz in regards to Kenny. Even caused a delay in posting.

Now what will you talk about all week?

So much for that football expertise huh sparky?

Bet it was a hard type for yinz in regards to Kenny. Even caused a delay in posting.

Now what will you talk about all week?

So much for that football expertise huh sparky?
More insults and deflection from the Kenny cult here

Below average.

It's too early to ask that question.

No, it is not fair to judge him one calendar year in, rendering the prior two questions moot.

Too early to ask that question.

How many good games would it take to be convinced that he is an NFL caliber QB?
For him, all of them + 5 he doesn’t play in.

Just another poster with a personal agenda, you can never convince them.

Agreed on it was great to see the whole field used

You must have seen something else than me if you saw Pickens slow down on those over throws today…

Yes we will see with Pickett the rest of the year and that is the only course of action to give him that

My point is that Pickett has been well below the standard of a 1st round QB, regardless of who has been coaching him and he bears responsibility for it

That hurts some feelings around here
The play where he got hurt Pickens absolutely slowed down. It happened right in front of us. He was lazy on a few plays.

I just want to find out what he really us. No one could do anything with what they had going. No one.

And we will, Pickett gets the rest of this year for sure and rightly so, he is the best QB on the roster

Tomlin and Rooney took 3 years to move on from Canada and regardless of how he plays he will be the starter all of next year and probably beyond because they HATE to admit when they made a mistake.

Time will tell with Pickett, his overall body of work has not been good enough.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong as a fan of this team but I doubt he is a franchise level qb, and I predict a lot of mediocrity is in our future in large part due to Kenny

On the overthrow when he dove and got hurt he wasn't running full speed. It was a combination of not going full speed and hand fighting with the defender. You could see him try to turn on the jets late to no avail. On the slant, I'm speculating he wasn't running hard because he usually doesn't on all routes. I think that's one reason he doesn't get more targets. If he was going full speed, then I'll admit I'm wrong on that one.
Those 2 specific plays you can see GP is not giving 100% through the complete play.

And we will, Pickett gets the rest of this year for sure and rightly so, he is the best QB on the roster

Tomlin and Rooney took 3 years to move on from Canada and regardless of how he plays he will be the starter all of next year and probably beyond because they HATE to admit when they made a mistake.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong as a fan of this team but I doubt he is a franchise level qb, and I predict a lot of mediocrity is in our future in large part due to Kenny
Well I know Tomlin sure as hell isn't good enough. No one listens to me.

First off there are not many franchise QBs. In the entire league. You can win without one although it is harder. Having a franchise QB will also inevitably lead to no depth and either a team that doesn’t consistently win or a the rare team that manages to win with inferior depth but has to be extremely lucky to get to the playoffs healthy. Tomlin kept us competing and going to playoffs with almost no depth and the fact he got us to the playoffs many times mislead people on how good the team actually was. Maybe in hindsight his drive to win every game hamstrung our ability to reload but would you want a coach who tries to lose?

Kenny is an unknown but he has a winning record despite terrible offensive coaching. I think he showed today he might have a shot to be good enough for us.

Well I know Tomlin sure as hell isn't good enough. No one listens to me.
I think plenty of people are listening. He just gets put on the back burner for a myriad of reasons. You either like his winning ways or want more than that but think the Steelers are stuck with him.

I have thought the team wouldn't do anything significant with Tomlin for awhile. Not thinking they make changes, I just hope for what I deem to be lesser wants. While enjoying whatever victories they are fortunate in winning. Still hoping the team proves my end of season thoughts incorrect.