• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.........week 13 @ Bungles.....

First off there are not many franchise QBs. In the entire league. You can win without one although it is harder. Having a franchise QB will also inevitably lead to no depth and either a team that doesn’t consistently win or a the rare team that manages to win with inferior depth but has to be extremely lucky to get to the playoffs healthy. Tomlin kept us competing and going to playoffs with almost no depth and the fact he got us to the playoffs many times mislead people on how good the team actually was. Maybe in hindsight his drive to win every game hamstrung our ability to reload but would you want a coach who tries to lose?

Kenny is an unknown but he has a winning record despite terrible offensive coaching. I think he showed today he might have a shot to be good enough for us.

Tomlins fingers are on every personnel move we’ve made in the past 10 years, if there’s no depth it’s on him

I want a coach that competes for Super Bowls, how long has that been?

I want a coach that doesn’t replace a fired offensive coordinator with a subordinate THREE straight times

First off there are not many franchise QBs. In the entire league. You can win without one although it is harder. Having a franchise QB will also inevitably lead to no depth and either a team that doesn’t consistently win or a the rare team that manages to win with inferior depth but has to be extremely lucky to get to the playoffs healthy. Tomlin kept us competing and going to playoffs with almost no depth and the fact he got us to the playoffs many times mislead people on how good the team actually was. Maybe in hindsight his drive to win every game hamstrung our ability to reload but would you want a coach who tries to lose?

Kenny is an unknown but he has a winning record despite terrible offensive coaching. I think he showed today he might have a shot to be good enough for us.
Kenny was the first q taken in the 2022 draft. Bryce Young was first q taken this year. He cost a 2024 1st a 2023 2nd a 2024 2nd and DJ Moore. How come no one is talking about that?

Game balls - Pickett accurate today, no turnovers, used middle of the field, and almost 300 yrds. Probably would have had 300 if DJ holds onto the ball.
Pickens - didn't do much, but seemed to have good attitude. I saw him signal 1st down when a teammate got a first, got the onside kick, played banged up.
Harris - had angry runs today
PF - Had a career day
OCs - Seemed to have a much better feel for the game over 400yrds, huge simple improvements.
Goats- i don't think anyone was terrible today, DJ is close, but made a few plays
FUs - Still goes to Canada for holding the team back
Refs were very inconsistent

Kenny was the first q taken in the 2022 draft. Bryce Young was first q taken this year. He cost a 2024 1st a 2023 2nd a 2024 2nd and DJ Moore. How come no one is talking about that?
It's been quiet nationally around Young. I still can't believe the Panthers took him over Stroud, he's been awful this season.

The offense looked like a different team. Seriously. For those whining about the lack of points ... Jesus ******* Christ, did you watch the game? The Steelers were gyped out of a TD, clearly played for a field goal in the red zone to go up 9, and moved the ball up and down the field. The idea that the 16 points reflects an ongoing problem with the offensive approach is absurd.
And if the Bengals recovered the inside kick, all the feel-goods may have amounted to nothin'.

Nobody cares if you can move it from '20 to '20. It's finishing the drive that matters.

And if the Bengals recovered the inside kick, all the feel-goods may have amounted to nothin'.

Nobody cares if you can move it from '20 to '20. It's finishing the drive that matters.
Odds are against them taking that and scoring a TD. It shouldn't have even been as close as it was with the 7 the Steelers were cheated out of. But true you have to finish drives. An area they can still work on.

I don’t think a single Bengals fans thought they would win at that point. They barely celebrated the FG. Our defense was better than many are giving them credit for thanks to a few fluke plays. The Steelers defense felt stifling in person. They were fantastic against the run.

Give me the passes he missed inside the 20.

Buy Kenny pickett and his winning record is what really sucks.
Then he’s the perfect QB for all Tomlin lovers, because a winning record is the standard right??? Who cares about playoff wins and championships!!!!

Just like most rookies it is too early to judge him. Particularly on a terrible team.
Those smaller stature QBs always come with size questionmarks fair or unfair. Not saying that is what is holding him back. But that is attached to him until he proves it to be irrelevant.

Last edited:
When you miss wide open guys on a regular basis that’s on Pickett

Jesus, he went 24-33 with two where his arm was hit, one kinda dropped by DJ on a fantastic pass covering about 42 yards in the air, two throwaways, and two where he missed Jogging George by about a foot.

You really think an NFL QB is expected to go 29-33??

Jesus, he went 24-33 with two where his arm was hit, one kinda dropped by DJ on a fantastic pass covering about 42 yards in the air, two throwaways, and two where he missed Jogging George by about a foot.

You really think an NFL QB is expected to go 29-33??

It’s a long term trend, he misses slants a lot, his deep ball is suspect, there were 2 times he missed Pickens today for long gains, who cares what his completion percentage is if he can’t make the difference making plays

Y'all just don't get it. smh.

It’s a long term trend, he misses slants a lot, his deep ball is suspect, there were 2 times he missed Pickens today for long gains, who cares what his completion percentage is if he can’t make the difference making plays

They won so he had to make enough difference making plays to achieve that.

You know the same QB that gave Muth a career high receiving day.

Rate your Kenny ******* Pickett’s performance over the past calendar year as a starter: above average, below average, poor, great?

Would you draft him again in the first round?

Would you consider him to have NFL accuracy? NFL pocket presence? Is it fair to judge him on that 1 calendar year in?

Do you think he will be a franchise QB based on what you’ve seen so far?

I’ll grade him above average today, but who cares about 1 game
Dude, KP8 is one game into his post shiiithead Canada career--with decent results-- and you are the one guy referencing the historical other stuff?
Are you tone deaf?
Are you unaware that the OC plaguing the Steelers got canned just 5 days ago?

Dude, KP8 is one game into his post shiiithead Canada career--with decent results-- and you are the one guy referencing the historical other stuff?
Are you tone deaf?
He knows, he just doesn't care
-Christian Bale's Batman

Just like most rookies it is too early to judge him. Particularly on a terrible team.
It's perfectly acceptable to say that he stinks right now because he does. That doesn't mean that he won't eventually be good. I still think the odds are against him to every winning big for some of what slash highlighted above.

Are you tone deaf?

He’s a first round draft pick

He has a long term trend of missing open guys on intermediate and deep routes that can change a game, twice today and many other times in the last year

You can’t wipe away his track record of a full calendar year as a starter with “Canada sucks” even tho Canada did suck and did make it harder on Pickett

He’s a grown man, a first round QB, and hasn’t been good enough,

KP was today what I truly expected of him when drafted, a good enough QB to win games and make this team a serious opponent to any other. There were some really nice passes downfield, checkdowns or thrown aways when nothing was available and no stupid throws that I can remember.

Is he slinging Ben? Nope, Hall of famers don't grow on trees but all I want is a good enough QB to move the chains when surrounded with weapons and a decent Oline, a guy that can get enough points but is not the end all be all for the team. The elite Defense (a must for any Steeler fan worth his salt) can do the rest