• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.........week 13 @ Bungles.....

Below average.

It's too early to ask that question.

No, it is not fair to judge him one calendar year in, rendering the prior two questions moot.

Too early to ask that question.

How many good games would it take to be convinced that he is an NFL caliber QB?

Considering he has been below average for a full calendar year, I think at at least 8 games where he plays a complete 4 quarter game

Your ridiculous posts are everywhere so I had to go to the Game Day thread to find this one - the one you chose to ignore my response. So, I'll give it to you again, here:

Ryan Leaf says, "hi". JaMarcus Russell says, "hola"...

How does referencing 2 lousy QB’s help your rose colored glasses defense of Pickett and Tomlin?

keep slinging those insults tho, doesn’t make you look pathetic or defensive at all..

How does referencing 2 lousy QB’s help your rose colored glasses defense of Pickett and Tomlin?

keep slinging those insults tho, doesn’t make you look pathetic or defensive at all..
Read your post. Slowly. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

I'm going to take a nap now, Lloyd because you bore me...

Your words: a 1st round QB hits those throws and puts games away
I'll help you...

I'll help you...
And how many games did Leaf and Russell win? Much less put away? They are 1st round busts, Pickett is heading in their direction

How does that help your homer defense of Pickett and Tomlin?

You should definitely log off and regroup

Pickett made a great throw to Pickens down the sidelines, he also missed Pickens twice for at least long gains and possibly touchdowns. Calling him a work in progress is one way of saying it, calling him a below average QB until proven otherwise is another.

Maybe he improves more with Canada gone, but commence the homer slobbering over him this week from Big Deke and other homers

I’ll give Najee credit for showing up after running his mouth last week, let’s see more, he also remains below average player.

Game balls to our new offensive 2 man brain trust, I suspect those plays we saw today were in the playbook and Canada refused to call them

Game ball to our front 7, it was nice to see Nixon stuffed for once

Game ball to Trenton Thompson, a pick today and a solid game last week, they might have a gem here
Pickens needs to run hard thru out the play. Slowing down won't work. We have the rest of this season and next to see where Pickett is post Canada. To judge any player on offense in what Canada and Tomlin called an offense is simply not fair. Today was refreshing seeing us using the entire field.

The offense looked like a different team. Seriously. For those whining about the lack of points ... Jesus ******* Christ, did you watch the game? The Steelers were gyped out of a TD, clearly played for a field goal in the red zone to go up 9, and moved the ball up and down the field. The idea that the 16 points reflects an ongoing problem with the offensive approach is absurd.

Some people have a set agenda. It's pretty clear what the biggest issue on the team has been for 3 years.

We have a legitimate running game now and I saw at least one play action pass off that **** today. We may have had more but my feed was off and on all game.

It should be interesting to see how they do after a full week in preparation with the new OC.

Pickens needs to run hard thru out the play. Slowing down won't work. We have the rest of this season and next to see where Pickett is post Canada. To judge any player on offense in what Canada and Tomlin called an offense is simply not fair. Today was refreshing seeing us using the entire field.

Agreed on it was great to see the whole field used

You must have seen something else than me if you saw Pickens slow down on those over throws today…

Yes we will see with Pickett the rest of the year and that is the only course of action to give him that

My point is that Pickett has been well below the standard of a 1st round QB, regardless of who has been coaching him and he bears responsibility for it

That hurts some feelings around here

Piling onto DJ with an FU I just want to add that we need to remember this guy got into a fight with Minkah last week and now this crap. Dude is overpaid and under performs. I would be helping the water boy with the gatorade and anything else the team needed knowing I was robbing Ol' man Rooney blind as a WR. This guy needs to hit the road just like Canada. Trade him for some picks if it's possible...please. Dude will become a cancer.

Yes we will see with Pickett the rest of the year and that is the only course if action to give him that

My point is that Pickett has been well below the standard of a 1st round QB, regardless of who has been coaching him and he bears responsibility for it

You criticize Pickett, but forget about past qbs in Canada's offense. Ben was horrible in this offense

Yes we will see with Pickett the rest of the year and that is the only course if action to give him that

It doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Everyone knows Kenny hasn't performed good enough, everyone. Today he had a good performance but you seem to be unhappy for some reason.

Take a deep breath, enjoy the win, and see what comes next week.

What I see is a QB that is able to make all the NFL throws. Has had numerous 4th quarter come from behind wins. Mostly because of how our HC likes to have games go. Low scoring and conservative. Pickett is not a Big Ben. Never will be. Give him a good game plan to execute and we might have a QB that can lead us somewhere.

You criticize Pickett, but forget about past qbs in Canada's offense. Ben was horrible in this offense

Ben has a track record of success, Pickett has 1 good year at Pitt

When you miss wide open guys on a regular basis that’s on Pickett

It doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Everyone knows Kenny hasn't performed good enough, everyone. Today he had a good performance but you seem to be unhappy for some reason.

Take a deep breath, enjoy the win, and see what comes next week.

See above on Bermuda and his trash in this post on hurt feelings

You can have a debate without engaging in 4th grade insults

Then engage in a civil debate, yes I called you a homer, doesn’t excuse all your bile on this thread

Was that so hard to admit Pickett hasn’t been good enough?
I actually thought I acted towards you well, and everything I have said I have said a lot lately. You assumed something was directed at you that wasn't.

I kept it to a football discussion. So I think that was pretty civil. Not sure why you think otherwise.

I actually thought I acted towards you well, and everything I have said I have said a lot lately. You assumed something was directed at you that wasn't.

I kept it to a football discussion. So I think that was pretty civil. Not sure why you think otherwise.
That is my mistake, mistook you for Bermuda, apologies

Goats- to Steeler fans that have endured 3 years of BS offense but cannot enjoy todays performance.

I acknowledged they were better, I’m not going to celebrate 16 points, that’s how much the bar has been lowered that it gets celebrated

You must have seen something else than me if you saw Pickens slow down on those over throws today…
On the overthrow when he dove and got hurt he wasn't running full speed. It was a combination of not going full speed and hand fighting with the defender. You could see him try to turn on the jets late to no avail. On the slant, I'm speculating he wasn't running hard because he usually doesn't on all routes. I think that's one reason he doesn't get more targets. If he was going full speed, then I'll admit I'm wrong on that one.

On the overthrow when he dove and got hurt he wasn't running full speed. It was a combination of not going full speed and hand fighting with the defender. You could see him try to turn on the jets late to no avail. On the slant, I'm speculating he wasn't running hard because he usually doesn't on all routes. I think that's one reason he doesn't get more targets. If he was going full speed, then I'll admit I'm wrong on that one.
Still think this team could use another WR. That third option hasn't shown well.

I am watching the Broncos and Browns. As of today, the Broncos are better than us.

One of the quieter criticisms of our O under canada that wasn’t directly related to him was the knock on our wr routes…

Multiple analysts said that our routes didn’t make sense, so some speculated there are often bad or wrong routes… misreads on option routes and tge like… but several have said that the wrs loaf on routes often and take plays off… we saw that today… explicitly… pickens isn’t as bad with it as claypool was … that dude constantly slowed up, realized that the ball was in the air, then sped up to try to get to it…

99% of our wr issues we could solve with coaching and maybe some adderall or something for DJ

I am watching the Broncos and Browns. As of today, the Broncos are better than us.
With Canada yes, without Canada ...maybe not. Steelers do have the better record.

I don’t really have any complaints other than 16 points for, and it’s not really a complaint since I firmly believe that if they continue playing the way they did today on offense, the points will come.

Kenny played a good game today, and I’m not gonna piss on a good game over a couple missed throws that every QB has in every game. We asked for a better performance, and I would say we got it. For the vast majority of the game he was on time and on target. Deep passes looked pretty good all in all.

Running game was effective with Harris and Warren.

Would like to see better pass protection. Teams know if they send 5 or 6 guys, our OL can’t handle it. Surprised we don’t see it more.

Props to Faulkner and Sullivan for a pretty decent game plan.

The key now is sustaining what they accomplished today and building and improving on that. I like where they’re headed. Today was a positive step.