• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

I can see the Fields trade happening now-they might be able to pick up either Garapolo or Tannehill

Considering that Diontae and Pickens openly campaigned for Rudolph and Cam, Minkah and TJ all called Wilson to recruit him on his way to Pittsburgh, it's very possible that KP8 lost standing in the locker room and within the org as a whole. In that case, they might have felt like they didn't lose anything by NOT having him around to compete.

Just wow. That's the quickest first round bust they've had in awhile. Better now than later.

I'm betting KP wanted a trade and Philly is close to home It sounds like he needs to grow up too.

What's with all of these mentally weak emotionally unstable guys they keep drafting?

Oh well..next

Another ball has to drop soon for this to take place. Trade for Fields or gonna sign a vet in FA like Tannehill.

So, they have one old QB signed for one year and no one else. They need to get 2 QB's and a fourth for camp and the PS. I joked about getting Fields for a 3rd or less and maybe they could do that but he will come with needing a new contract so I don't see that happening.

They have now dumped really their WR1 and QB1 although Russell would be QB1 in camp sometime. They now must pick a starting WR early in the draft and a QB now becomes a top need. They have made some moves but have left gaping open holes to fill. Sign Boyd to a 2 year deal to be WR3 and draft WR 2 in the first or second. I don't have any idea how to process this move other than to say they now must also get a QB in the 1st 3 rounds to be groomed by Wilson for a year and then basically ready to start.

I am definitely scratching my head on this one. Maybe KP did take Ramon's advice and demanded to be traded now. I truly wish KP the best. I hope he ends up eventually being a plus starter somewhere in the league.

Just wow. That's the quickest first round bust they've had in awhile. Better now than later.

I'm betting KP wanted a trade and Philly is close to home It sounds like he needs to grow up too.

What's with all of these mentally weak emotionally unstable guys they keep drafting?

Oh well..next
Seems to be that's the way they are coming out of college; at some of the QBs. Hell, tOSU's starter from last year (whose name I have purposefully forgot) entered the transfer portal because Ryan Day wouldn't guarantee his father that the kid would be the starting QB in 2024. Kid didn't like the smoke or the heat of possible competition and left. Weak.

Pickett must have gave Tomlin the "I don't wanna be a hostage" speech.
Reports are pretty much that. According to ESPN Pickett "preferred to move on once Wilson was signed". I guess he didn't want to actually compete for the job. He wanted it handed to him.

Another ball has to drop soon for this to take place. Trade for Fields or gonna sign a vet in FA like Tannehill.
Trading for Fields doesn't make sense either. We will have to give up something to get him and then have him for one year(or sign him long term or tag him). He is just as much of an unknown as Pickett was.

Did someone post this news early instead of April Fools Day? What is going on since this is not the slow moving Steelers I've followed for 45 plus years. It's probably the best thing for Kenny, but why. They must have seen enough. I'm really shocked they didn't give him more time and at least bring him back as a backup for next year. I like the Rus signing, but going all in for what will probably be a one year rental, even if he plays well, is taking a risk.

This feels like a combination of Smith not liking what he saw of KP in tandem with slow development. Not sure what it was like in the locker room of course, but it feels like KP was an enigma.

They will sign a vet back up. My money is on Tannehill, and I'll go as far to say he will have a chance to beat out Wilson in camp. He's Smith's boy.... And that means a lot.

Rook draft pick up for QB3.

The league will be full of these transfer portal baby QBs in the next few years. They all just take their ball and go home now.

Oh for sure. Those little ******* will want to bolt in a flash. I'm not sure how much of that kinda crap I can deal with in sports.

My personal opinion is college and professional sports need a big **** ING reset.

Reports are pretty much that. According to ESPN Pickett "preferred to move on once Wilson was signed". I guess he didn't want to actually compete for the job. He wanted it handed to him.
This is getting old. A player wants out and we move them. Has been going on for years now. We don't even get good returns on them. More and more players will do this.

🤪 🤣 😂 🤪

Who is slashsteel going to spank his 🍤 off too now?

If you are not mentally strong enough to compete for your job in the NFL, you have no business being a starting QB. The NCAA Transfer rules now encourage this bullshit. I can't imagine being a college or NFL coach these days. No wonder Saban got out when he did.

Btw, is anyone else getting tired of this "I don't want to be here, trade me" ****. Not just with the Steelers, but throughout the league.
Suck it up buttercup. You signed a ******* contract and you're going to sit here or play here. Your choice. We will sit your *** down and make sure you don't receive the stats you need to get a good FA contract when the time comes. Or, you play like you're paid to do and we move on when you hit FA.

FHkiCpwVEAMfGp0.png

🤪 🤣 😂 🤪

Who is slashsteel going to spank his 🍤 off too now?
tsk, tsk, tsk ... they didn't keep Rudolph either. Which, if they knew they were getting rid of Kenny, actually makes no sense.

Btw, is anyone else getting tired of this "I don't want to be here, trade me" ****. Not just with the Steelers, but throughout the league.
Suck it up buttercup. You signed a ******* contract and you're going to sit here or play here. Your choice. We will sit your *** down and make sure you don't receive the stats you need to get a good FA contract when the time comes. Or, you play like you're paid to do and we move on when you hit FA.

Sounds to me like the Steelers are trying to rid themselves of as much locker room chaos as they can.

I say go for it.

The Pickett vs Wilson crap would have been a huge distraction this year.

I believe the whole debate about Pickett refusing to dress because he wasn't starting last year in Seattle (I think] is probably settled. This and "I learned nothing" and probably a hissy fit over Wilson's signing indicated (at least to Tomlin and front office) that they had a primadonna on their hands.

I think at this point it is a big leap to assume that Kenny pushed for the trade, though it is possible given how he seemed to whine a bit toward the end of last season.

If he sensed he wasn't going to get fair shot in training camp, I can see it

From a football standpoint, I just do not see the point in trading him, unless they were convinced he was going to be a malcontent all year after the Wilson signing.

At the very least, he would be an OK #2.