• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

giphy.gif

I think at this point it is a big leap to assume that Kenny pushed for the trade, though it is possible given how he seemed to whine a bit toward the end of last season.

If he sensed he wasn't going to get fair shot in training camp, I can see it

From a football standpoint, I just do not see the point in trading him, unless they were convinced he was going to be a malcontent all year after the Wilson signing.

At the very least, he would be an OK #2.
Not that big a leap when both national and local reporters are saying that Kenny let the Steelers know that he "preferred to move on" once the Steelers signed Wilson.

tsk, tsk, tsk ... they didn't keep Rudolph either. Which, if they knew they were getting rid of Kenny, actually makes no sense.
for all we know, rudolph could very well have told his agent to tell the team he ain't coming back unless the Steelers were willing to pay him stupid money.

I think at this point it is a big leap to assume that Kenny pushed for the trade, though it is possible given how he seemed to whine a bit toward the end of last season.

If he sensed he wasn't going to get fair shot in training camp, I can see it

From a football standpoint, I just do not see the point in trading him, unless they were convinced he was going to be a malcontent all year after the Wilson signing.

At the very least, he would be an OK #2.
I’m thinking Pickett requested a trade after the Steelers signed Wilson. Sounds like Steelers got next to nothing for him and created another need.

for all we know, rudolph could very well have told his agent to tell the team he ain't coming back unless the Steelers were willing to pay him stupid money.
It's possible. DK said on his site that he was told the Steelers never even made an offer.

I still just don't get it. We still have no WR2 or WR3 due to get rid of DJ and we now have an old QB1 signed for this year who next year at 37 would still probably require us to fork out $30 million a year on a 2 or 3-year deal. We have no starter of the future or one in waiting. I don't know. I just don't know.

Top 3 needs now are WR1a/b, C, and QB. DL is stilll a big need along with S, RT, CB, and ILB. I know we moved our late 4th round pick up to a late 3rd round pick but we didn't add any picks. We need more picks in the top 3 or 4 rounds to fill all the holes we now have.

one step closer to warriors prediction. we will make a trade and move up to 8th and pick McCarthy. I might even buy the Sunday ticket this year.

Almost I'm gonna say is don't hedge bet with a bullshit guy in the 1st round. If a legit guy you would target any year falls into the range....pull the trigger. Otherwise get Russ a blocker or a weapon. Live with your decision.

I believe the whole debate about Pickett refusing to dress because he wasn't starting last year in Seattle (I think] is probably settled. This and "I learned nothing" and probably a hissy fit over Wilson's signing indicated (at least to Tomlin and front office) that they had a primadonna on their hands.
This and it became obvious the D, especially Cam, was not happy with the O and specifically KP. Cam (and possibly others) openly recruited Wilson.

This is a watershed moment. If Kenny Pickett comes a good player everyone should be fired.
No. The Steelers success with Wilson and whoever his successor is should determine if anyone gets fired.

Way to blow up your QB room.

Probably because KP and Mason said "F*** y'all. I'm seen this before." and moved on.
Or, Kenny is a whiny little ***** and they didn't want him around anymore.

I’ll take 1st round busts for $400 Alex…

Remember when Tomlin told all his players they got “their guy” and he personally observed all the great intangibles of Pickett?

The Brilliance of Tomlin

This and it became obvious the D, especially Cam, was not happy with the O and specifically KP. Cam (and possibly others) openly recruited Wilson.
Russ said it. Cam, Minkah AND TJ all called him to recruit him before he even landed in Pittsburgh.

These clowns are gonna move up and take Pennix or someobody. Perpetual stupidity.
If Penix is there at 20, maybe. No way do you trade up for him. I'd still look at Ridder in the 2nd or 3rd or FSU QB who was going to be a 1st round pick until his injury this year. Then, possibly the Tennessee QB. He has a cannon for an arm. I know he has issues with touch but Lamar was a runner with a good arm. He has significantly improved his touch and accuracy since being in the league.

so we basically get two 7th round picks and move up 22 spots in the fourth because the 98th pick is essentially a fourth round pick. pretty ****** deal for a first round pick still on a rookie contract.

I’ll take 1st round busts for $400 Alex…

Remember when Tomlin told all his players they got “their guy” and he personally observed all the great intangibles of Pickett?

The Brilliance of Tomlin
Tomlin couldn't develop a match into a fire if he had a fire to start it.

Way to blow up your QB room.

Probably because KP and Mason said "F*** y'all. I'm seen this before." and moved on.
Except Pickett was under contract here.

Developing to what? A career backup at best. He simply doesn't have "it."
Based on what tells you he doesn't have it? Granted, his stats were not great, but he did have some good moments and did play well in the preseason when he was allowed to open things up. He played for one of the worst NFL offensive coordinators ever with Canada, and, on top of that, didn't know how to develop the QB. Tomlin isn't exactly a QB whisperer either. Tomlin was lucky to have prime Ben fall into his lap when taking the job.

Kenny may not ever be the guy, but I'll give him some more time to develop under a different system. I wish him well and hope he does well. Now, the Steelers need to figure out how they are going to play offense for an entire season with a 35 year old QB that has not been at the top of his game even before getting traded to Denver and one legitimate NFL caliber starting WR on the team with no center.